Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Exactly.
Retired as of October 2014.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by Maestro »

Nice post #, Flay.
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:45 am

Post by theaceofspades »

I'm interested in doing a "into the Electric castle" themed one.
With time limit on the game, and each role/character having a special power on certain days. Like the Knight on the Mirror maze day. Like that.

I want to do it eventually. Right now It's not fully formed in my mind and I just don't have the time. And if no one cares.......
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

Anyone interested in a nine player
Inheritance Cycle
(Eragon books) themed micro game?
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Completed Games: 18

Ongoing Games: 0

Town: 8-5

Scum: 2-2

Currently Modding: 0

~Currently on a hiatus of an indefinite time period~
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Page 146 talks about it some so yes there'd be interest.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by zoraster »

Currently Working On the Following:

In This Together
(Alt Title: The Key Party)

At the start of each Day, players are paired off with each other (odd man out goes solo). Various mechanisms control who gets paired off with whom, but they aren't assigned by alignment. Votes are placed against each couple, and at the end of the day, a couple is lynched (though each individual retains their own vote). Nights are spent alone.

It's a twist on a lover's game. The idea here is that you have to evaluate people in pairs because you don't want to lynch
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:11 am

Post by quadz08 »

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS MAFIA

PM ME TO PRE-/IN

YOU MUST HAVE PLAYED IN AT LEAST ONE LARGE THEME, AND HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON LEAGUE OF LEGENDS THAT IS AT LEAST LEVEL 15.

(This is the same game singer and I have been working on for Very Long Time; the setup is now going through the final stages or revising and finalizing, and I expect to be in signups by the end of February at the latest.)
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:14 am

Post by Venmar »

If anyone wants a Pre-In for my Gears of War mafia, which is in the final stages of being finished, then pm me for one.

I am also working on two other setups currently :P. The first being Rachet and Clank, and the second being Crash Bandicoot. Expect games this year :)
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
The Institute of War
The Institute of War
Goon
The Institute of War
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:02 am

Post by The Institute of War »

We at the Institute of War have designed a new type of battle, and you have been cordially invited to be a part of the first match. What follows is a listing of the specialized rules for our new battle type; please make yourself familiar with them.

Good luck, Summoners.

League of Legends Mafia Mechanics
Health:
Each character begins with a certain amount of health, specified in their role PM. Each player’s starting health will be 7, 9, or 11. This health can be depleted by being targeted by any player actions which do damage, and a player will die when Health reaches 0. Health and lynches have no effect on one another (that is, dayplay is just like regular mafia, and the mechanics of the lynch are unchanged). If a player dies due to loss of Health at any point during the Day Phase, they will be flipped immediately. Day will continue, and the votecount will be reset. Each player will be sent a PM at the end of each night and day phase stating how much health and experience they have.

Experience:
Each character begins with 0 experience. You gain 1 point of experience passively per night if you use a Night Action. The ‘towerhug’ action gives you 3 points of experience, and the ‘push the lane’ action gives you 5 points of experience. If no action is submitted during a night phase, you will be targetable by ganks, and you will gain 3 experience.

Common actions:
Only ONE of the following actions may be chosen per night, excluding passive abilities.
  • Towerhug: This action gives you three levels of experience, and makes you immune to ganks from the scumteam.
  • Push the Lane: This action gives you five levels of experience.
  • Passive abilities: These occur automatically, without input from the player. They do not count towards a player’s single-action-per-night limit.
  • Autoattacks: These are night actions that do a certain amount of damage (specified in Role PM) to another player. Autoattacks can be affected by other abilities (tracks/watches, blocks, etc).
  • Active abilities: These are night actions similar to what you’d find in a typical mafia game. They can do damage, perform actions such as roleblocking , watching, and other typical night actions, or both simultaneously.
  • Ultimate abilities: These work functionally the same way as active abilities, except that (in most cases) they may only be used once per game. Additionally, they can only be used after gaining at least 5 levels of experience.

Ganks:
This is this game’s equivalent of a nightkill. A gank is not watchable, trackable, blockable, redirectable, or affected by any other night actions, except for any abilities which explicitly save a player from death (which may or may not exist). It is committed by the entire scumteam, and will lead to the death of any player targeted by the gank at the end of the night. However, ganks will fail if the player targeted chooses to “Towerhug.” The members of the scumteam may both gank and utilize a common action each night. Also, when the scumteam has only one member left, that player may still both gank and action, but the gank is no longer immune to the effects of other night actions (it can be blocked / redirected / watched / etc.).

Roleblocks and Redirects:
By deafult, any action described as a roleblock or redirect in a role PM blocks Autoattacks, Active Abilities, and Ultimates. Passives, Towerhug and Push the Lane actions will still go through, unless specifically stated otherwise. If an ability with a limited number of uses (such as an Ultimate) is roleblocked, it will not be consumed.

You must have played in 1 large theme, and have a LoL account of at least level 20 to /in for this game.

Pre-/ins are currently full. The game is planned to go into signups in 2-3 weeks. PM this account or quadz08 if you want to receive a PM when signups begin.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I had an idea for Vino Mafia, a game based on wine/the winemaking process.

I was thinking some kind of mechanic where certain players would control vineyards, other players would control the wineries, and there'd be some kind of mechanic where certain grapes being sent to certain wineries would produce certain powers or results. The idea is still really vague in my head, but I'm wondering if:

1) Anybody would be interested in playing

and

2) Anybody would be interested in helping to design the mechanics of the game
green shirt thursdays
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:29 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

I'd be interested in running a variant called Texas Mafia. (named after the two hole cards in Texas Hold 'Em) Essentially, everyone gets two role 'cards' which, together, make up their role. Goon/Villager, for example, is a Vanilla Goon. Goon/Neighbor would be neighbors with whoever held the other neighbor card. Cards assignments are totally random, with only outlandish combinations being prohibited. (Goon/Cop, Neighbor/Neighbor, etc)

I originally played in it elsewhere, so there's some stuff already made, but what do you guys think would be interesting for powers? Would you play in it? Keep in mind two things:

Ideally, only the Cop is supposed to be guaranteed to be held by Town, all other powers should be able to be used by both factions effectively.
The set-up is supposed to be open pre-randomization. I.e., you'll know how many of each card are in, what the cards do, and what cards are in the game, just not how they are combined.

Edit: How would you feel about it being multiball? It would allow cops to potentially be Scum, for one, via faction specific cops. Obviously the 'red mafia cop' wouldn't be able to be on the Red Mafia, but would there be issues with letting him be a Blue Mafia member? Would there be problems with possibly having someone draw into Red Goon/Blue Goon, and able to win with both factions? What roles would work much better in Scum hands for multiball?

Also, the original game had two priests (note: not the Mafiawiki Priest) who enabled role reveal. If both were alive, both cards were revealed. If one was alive, only one card flipped. If both were dead, the game was essentially no reveal. How would you work this out in a larger game without it getting mad swingy? I've thought of two systems that may work. The first is to simply add more priests and invoke the role reveal penalty when there's < 2 alive. The other is to split them into day and night priests so that you halve the info loss from a priest's death.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:41 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Losing the info from the day flip is pretty bad for town.

Losing the info from the night flip isn't nearly as bad (except in multiball); if someone got NKed, and nobody claims the kill, they were probably town. (If the scum have a Coroner, though, it lets them construct much better fakeclaims.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:59 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

The original set-up was:
3 Scum
1 Traitor (this variant had a nerfed rolecop which got a positive on the Cop, negative on the rest of the game, and could not win alone)
2 Lovers
2 Masons
1 Tough (one time death immunity)
1 Vengeful
2 Priests
2 Millers (one aware, one told it's a villager card)
1 White Hat (always revealed role regardless of priests)
1 Black Hat (never revealed role regardless of priests)
1 Cop
13 Villagers

Bearing in mind each player got two cards, it was 15p.

Would you scrap priests entirely? They're one of the staple roles where this set-up was originally run, and I enjoyed them.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 3785, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I'd be interested in running a variant called Texas Mafia. (named after the two hole cards in Texas Hold 'Em) Essentially, everyone gets two role 'cards' which, together, make up their role. Goon/Villager, for example, is a Vanilla Goon. Goon/Neighbor would be neighbors with whoever held the other neighbor card. Cards assignments are totally random, with only outlandish combinations being prohibited. (Goon/Cop, Neighbor/Neighbor, etc)

We call that type of set-up Smalltown.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 3788, Mr. Flay wrote:
In post 3785, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I'd be interested in running a variant called Texas Mafia. (named after the two hole cards in Texas Hold 'Em) Essentially, everyone gets two role 'cards' which, together, make up their role. Goon/Villager, for example, is a Vanilla Goon. Goon/Neighbor would be neighbors with whoever held the other neighbor card. Cards assignments are totally random, with only outlandish combinations being prohibited. (Goon/Cop, Neighbor/Neighbor, etc)

We call that type of set-up Smalltown.

No we don't?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

That's absolutely nothing like Texas Mafia. =v
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Neither is your Texas Mafia much like our Texas Mafia. Terminology abounds.

Empking: It certainly sounds like he's talking about Role/Faction split. If that's not what he means by "Goon/Villager = Vanilla Goon", then perhaps I'm mistaken, but it didn't sound like it.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Flay, I think he means two different roles.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:09 pm

That's called "Split Role/Alignment", not Smalltown.
scum
town
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Eh, fair enough. I run mutations of both, so I get them confused occasionally.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 3791, Mr. Flay wrote:Neither is your Texas Mafia much like our Texas Mafia. Terminology abounds.

Empking: It certainly sounds like he's talking about Role/Faction split. If that's not what he means by "Goon/Villager = Vanilla Goon", then perhaps I'm mistaken, but it didn't sound like it.

Huh, you already have a game named that. I wonder what this should be called then?

In post 3793, callforjudgement wrote:That's called "Split Role/Alignment", not Smalltown.

It's something like that, but I don't think it is exactly. Here's how the rolelist looked post-randomization:

Spoiler: roles
Lover-Traitor
Vengeful-Lover
Goon-Tough
Villager-Villager
Mason-Miller (Unaware)
Miller-Villager (aware)
Villager-Cop
Priest-Villager
Mason-Villager
Villager-Villager
Goon-BlackHat
Goon-Villager
WhiteHat-Villager
Villager-Villager
Villager-Priest

Since the only card combinations that were prevented were: Goon/Goon, Goon/Cop, Lover/Lover, DOUBLE Goon/Lover, Mason/Mason, DOUBLE Goon/Mason, Priest/Priest, White Hat/Black Hat, Traitor/Cop, and Miller/Unaware Miller, you could have seen stuff like Cop/Mason, Vengeful/Priest, Tough/Lover, etc.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yeah, that's a bit of a different animal, then. Cool, we like variants!

On the naming...you can of course keep the name you're familiar with, and just accept that you'll get some grief/confusion. :) Or you could go with something more descriptive like... Dual Role Mafia? Binary Mafia? Two-Face Mafia?
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:15 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

I'd much rather not use a name applied to something else when I can just rename it. I like Two-Face Mafia.

Any thoughts on other roles to put in, or if you'd play in such a variant?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Mason should probably be named Neighbour if it has a chance of going to scum (that's the terminology that was introduced to reduce confusion, and it's been working well; the only difference is that Masons are modconfirmed to each other as town, and Neighbours have no alignment confirmation).

I notice that there are no protective roles in the setup, but think it's probably better that way. With random arrangements, you don't want the potential of the players working out that there's a broken interaction like Doctor/Cop, then using it.

Roleblocker might be worthwhile as something to add to the rotation, though; it's pretty useful for both scum and town.
scum
town
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by quadz08 »

What is White Hat and Black Hat?