Mini 50 (Newer York Confidential) Game Over!

Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:58 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Yeah, I was just thinking we should head in Night Stalker's direction. Might as well get it all out in the open.

Vote: Night Stalker

Just to help put on more pressure...
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:28 pm

Post by gslamm »

JazzRed wrote:Here's my best effort to figure everything out...
I'd love to pick this little gem apart piece by piece, but you beat me to the punch with your disclaimer and words like speculation and conjecture. Anyways I think your about halfway right.
JazzRed wrote:Riven in the beginning confirmed the existence of the Symphony Mafia...
Here's where it falls apart: Just chiming in with "Yeah, There is a Symphony mafia" after YOU stated it, doesn't mean anything. It doesn't confirm the innocence of the person making the statement (Riven) or the person saying he is innocent (Coolbot).

Also it seems like your argueing that FinalFear both is and is not a vigilante. You insist that he kill somebody, anybody, doesn't really matter to you who, to confirm that he is what he says.
I'm the one arguing for him not to use his night kill, until we agree on who to target
Are you volunteering?

I confirmed his name as well as FishBulbs and gave my own. This shows that at least he wasn't lying about that. I realize only Fishbulb and FinalFear have reason to believe me. What you and the others do with this info ....
JazzRed wrote:So that means that the only people I haven't talked about yet are Night Stalker and gslamm. My guess would be that Night Stalker and gslamm are some mix of SK and Mafia.
Like I said I think your probably halfway right.

Almost Vote:Nightstalker <<note no bold until we settle some of these other matters.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:13 am

Post by JazzRed »

Yes, gslamm, you're right, but that post wasn't really anything set in stone. I admit, calling someone innocent because of them mentioning the mafia after I said it is sketchy. However, its all we have to go on.

On FinalFear, I am still very suspicious of him. I personally do NOT believe his role claim. Why? Because we were pressuring him to make a kill, and he basically said he wouldn't do it.

Lastly, I will
UnFOS: gslamm
. My reason for FOSing you was crap and I think if you really were mafia, you wouldn't care enough about an FOS to post that.
Guess what? No. You're wrong. The answer's 7.
FinalFear
FinalFear
Townie
FinalFear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:07 am

Post by FinalFear »

I don't remember anyone "pressuring" me to make a kill. I remember gslamm saying "have you tried to use it yet?" and "don't kill anyone until we decide"

Now, if you want me to make a nighty kill, tell me who. I don't want to be responsible for a dead innocent person, which is why i'm not using it.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:46 am

Post by gslamm »

Night Stalker wrote:Final Fear - have you used your ability (or tried to) yet?
Nightstalker asked if you had used it yet not I.

JazzRed wants you to use your kill tonight.

I can agree with that IF we decide on who it should be. Which is why I'm not ready to lynch NightStalker. Who should also be given the courtesy of time for a defense. Say until Monday noon?
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:43 pm

Post by Night Stalker »

You know, it's so nice to be in a game where I'm the slow poster....

Ok, instead of making up a role claim, I'm going to do something here that will quite possibly get me lynched, but could also win the game for the town, if my theories are correct.

First, my role claim. Unlike certain people in this game, I don't have anyone who will just step forward and claim I'm innocent. So I'm going to take a risk with the odd rules change we have here to post my role as it was sent to me from the mod:
mneme wrote:Spike, Symphony Mafia Enforcer

You're in the mafia, sure.
And, ok, yes, you kill people.
But you're not actually a bad person, and you certainly aren't behind the
recent rash of killings. In fact, you want to stop them. By whatever means
necessary, including wiping out the Carnegie mafia, who probably -is- behind
the killings.

Each night, you -may- chose another player to kill. [Vigilante]

Your goal is to stop the murderers.
Now, don't lynch me just yet.

Just like the Carnegie maifa, my mafia was also told it was innocent, and that someone else was doing the killings. Due to my role info, I'm inclined to believe that the Carneigie mafia aren't the ones behind the killings either. So, then, who is?

Some things to consider:

1) The mod is evil. (In a fun way.) This game obviously isn't operating along the usual lines.

2) I don't know who the other members of my mafia are. Given that there are only two members of the Carnegie mafia (or so they claim) I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only other memeber of the Symphony mafia aside from PBug.

3) If it's not the two mafias who are behind the killings, who is? When I first joined the game at the end of night one and read the thread, my first guess was that it's the cops. After all, if the mafia are innocent, maybe that's backward too... But unless FinalFear is lying about his role claim, it isn't the cops either. (Unless the corrupt cops are a seperate entity.)
There's also gslamm and Fishbulb, but at least we know their names, which gives me at least some little clue about their actual roles.
So that leaves Riven and Coolbot, of whom all we know about is that they're connected to each other - and nothing else. Perhaps they're a new mafia in town who want to kill off the competition?
FOS: Riven and CoolBot.
I've revealed my role - will they reveal thiers?

4) Since we have a special dispensation to copy our PMs from the mod, I challenge everyone to reveal their roles. After all, the innocent have nothing to fear.
[size=75]"It's only a bunny!"[/size]
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:12 pm

Post by gslamm »

You left out the answer to the question you asked FinalFear "Have you used your night ability?" Namely which kills ,if any, are you and your predecessor responsible for?

Is it time for a mass role claim? No. That only gives the killers clearer targets.
Do I believe your claim? Temporarily, with reservations.
mneme wrote:
You're the most awesome mafia player I've ever seen.
Now just to be clear mneme did NOT make the above statement. It's just too easy to say whatever you want. Putting quote tags around your claim doesn't make it more believable.

Riven/Coolbot at least tell us how you are connected and if possible without giving too much away how you knew of the two mafias.
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:46 pm

Post by Riven »

I have no info on CoolBot whatsoever, nothing in my PM about him at all :?

And yes a PM quote is still an easy thing to fake.. i dont think there would be 2 vig's in a game, which we seem to have now, along with maybe an SK and 2 mafia groups?
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:11 am

Post by CoolBot »

Riven and I aren't connected in any way. I'm a Reseearcher for town hall. I can check everyone's file and get back Criminal, Cop, or Innocent. I checked Riven on the first night.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:42 am

Post by Someone »

I'm inclined to believe NS's role claim, not that it proves that he's innocent or anything, but according to the general style of this game it makes sense.

I'm assuming you did not use your night kill right? Right now, we have to vig-type roles. Does anyone know what to do with them?
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:14 am

Post by Fishbulb »

CoolBot is telling the truth. I did a background check on him night 2, and got exactly what he stated.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:10 am

Post by gslamm »

Vote:Riven !!
I'm sure of it. Look back at the list. We got two dead cops, and three living cops.

I'm a cop and checked FinalFear and Fishbulb. As if everyone hadn't guessed that already.
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:28 am

Post by JazzRed »

Whoa err ok. Night Stalker says he's in the Symphony Mafia, but they aren't doing the killings and now gslamm says to lynch Riven. So...

Unvote: Night Stalker
- I'm still suspicious of you but what gslamm said is somewhat convincing.
Vote: Riven
I'm doing this solely on what gslamm said and if he's lying, its his head.

BTW, gslamm, what makes you so sure? That post seems like it came outta no where.
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:30 am

Post by JazzRed »

...Just checked my role and it says that the Symphony Mafia is most likely behind the killings. Now I'm all confused! :(
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:37 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Yes, I agree. Explain yourself a little further, gslamm.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:03 am

Post by gslamm »

I didn't say Night Stalker was innocent. Just that I believe him temporarily.

Like JazzRed said. On my head be it. If Riven isn't a killer you'll probably think I am and lynch me.

Purely process of elimination. With 4 cops there has to be varying sanities. FinalFear not really being a cop, and possibly one of the dead cops had a different role named cop. Now add in a "Researcher" that has a cops ability ...

I'm convinced that Riven is scum of one sort or another.
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:54 am

Post by Riven »

OK, well i guess its time to add my role PM to the list :D
mneme wrote:Lois, Reporter

You're just an ordinary reporter, just trying to get a good story, and get
the word out. Not getting killed by the mafia whle doing it would be a nice
bonus, though (and stopping the killings is probably the best way to go
about this).

You already know that there are two mafias in town -- the Symphony mob and the
Canarsie mafia; the question is which one (or both) is doing the killings.

Each night, you -may- investigate one player; and find one person they were
with that night. You don't get to know what they were doing with them, though.

Additionally, you may Publish -- submit a story during the night, and it will
appear in the next Day's paper -- anonymously! (you must do this before
recieving this night's investigation results, however).

You win if you survive the game. Stopping the killers would be a nice
bonus, though.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:55 am

Post by CoolBot »

If JazzRed's story is correct, I'm sure if I investigated him, I'd get criminal. Afterall, my role consults the town's file on him, a former mafia. Thus, I probably can't distinguish between mafia and masons who are former mafia.

I find it hard to believe both mafia groups are pro-town, however. Since JazzRed made his claim first, I'm more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.
vote: Night Stalker

gslamm, if Riven is guilty, wouldn't that mean I likely am, too? And if I am, doesn't that mean fishbuld (who you claimed you checked and found innocent) is, too? I mean, we both went out of our way to defend someone.
fos: gslamm
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:55 am

Post by Riven »

Sorry to double post, but i forgot to add my results

Night 1 i followed Fishbulb to find he was with no one.
Night 2 i followed JasonPingPong (Someone) was with JazzRed
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:02 am

Post by Riven »

gslamm wrote:I'm convinced that Riven is scum of one sort or another.
Hehe, well reporters are the scum of the earth :p
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:18 am

Post by JazzRed »

gslamm wrote:I didn't say Night Stalker was innocent. Just that I believe him temporarily.

Like JazzRed said. On my head be it. If Riven isn't a killer you'll probably think I am and lynch me.

Purely process of elimination. With 4 cops there has to be varying sanities. FinalFear not really being a cop, and possibly one of the dead cops had a different role named cop. Now add in a "Researcher" that has a cops ability ...

I'm convinced that Riven is scum of one sort or another.
Who's to say that some of the supposed cops aren't mafia? Anyways, I think I've got an idea that will leave the next day much clearer. Here it is:

We lynch Riven. If he's a townie, then FinalFear, kill gslamm. If he's scum, kill Night Stalker. That way, by then next day we will have a much better idea of everything. If anyone has any better/more efficient ideas, I'd be glad to hear em.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:12 am

Post by Fishbulb »

CoolBot wrote:gslamm, if Riven is guilty, wouldn't that mean I likely am, too? And if I am, doesn't that mean fishbuld (who you claimed you checked and found innocent) is, too? I mean, we both went out of our way to defend someone.
Just for the record, I wasn't defending you at all. I was just stating that your roleclaim was correct, not that you were innocent. I find it unlikely that you would be a Researcher without some sort of researcher ability, and then I find it unlikely that you would have this researcher ability
and
be the killer. But it is possible, and I do not confirm your
innocence
, just that you are indeed a Researcher for Town Hall.

I don't know if I like your plan JazzRed. There are still too many pieces that do not fit. I don't believe lynching Riven will give us enough information to say that gslamm is guilty or Night Stalker, either way. If you can make it clearer why either outcome will give us the perfect answer, I am with you. But right now, we could just end up with two more dead and not any closer to capturing the real scum.

Unvote: Night Stalker

While this might seem frustrating, I don't think we should hurry a lynch today. It feels like we are making progress, and we might get this solved without having to lynch any more innocents.
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:07 pm

Post by JazzRed »

I think that my plan is the best way to go. Think about this:

gslamm said he is
sure
that Riven is scum. If he was just another townie, making a claim like is very dangerous because if it turns out that he accused the wrong person he will very likely be lynched. So that means he is either so sure Riven is scum that he is willing to risk his own head for it (in which case lynching Riven is the way to go) or he is scum trying to off a potentially dangerous townie. As part of this, we are guaranteed to get a mafia member.

Now on Night Stalker - he said he is a member of the Symphony mafia which means I think he is evil. The only reason I think FinalFear should off him if Riven is mafia is because I want to find out for sure if FinalFear is the Vigilante. So, if all goes as I think it would, we will have gotten rid of 1 mafia member and perhaps have identified another. The worst possible outcome (and the least likely) is that we have 2 dead townies but have a confirmed innocent. I think even the worst outcome is better than any other plan we have.
FinalFear
FinalFear
Townie
FinalFear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:14 pm

Post by FinalFear »

NS is claiming Vig too? Well, like Gslamm said, it's impossible to tell whether PM's or even quotes were forged, or are real.

Anywho, JazzRed thinks I should off NS, so, if that's alright, I will.

*que Twilight Zone theme song*
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:53 pm

Post by JazzRed »

FinalFear, assuming we lynch Riven, I think you should kill Night Stalker if Riven's mafia, but if Riven's a townie kill gslamm. Because as gslamm said, its his head if Riven isn't scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”