UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Post by UberNinja »

P.S., you're all invited to join my next game, a mini theme w/dragons.

Just PM me to /pre-in; sign-ups should be kicking off in a week or so.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:51 am

Post by Malakittens »

I am just glad that this game ended before going on vLa this week.

I feel really bad about having to trick everyone against my meta - which I even tricked you against my own scum meta for part of the game.

Honestly Mollie - I really wasn't sure which way you were going to go with your vote.

Über is there a DQT? Also thanks for letting me replace in <3
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:35 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

I really wanted to sit on one more response from Mollie on Majiffy. Obviously, no.

I honestly saw that coming, though. I think Mollie was a bit too paranoid and I wanted to sit on Mala just to be certain. But I also knew that Mollie wasn't going to appreciate me going after Mala quickly, so I sat on it for a while, perhaps a bit too long.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1170, pirate mollie wrote:well he was not obvtown to me! I had mala as firm scum at the beginning of the day but then the 2 of them wanted to drag this game out forevah. mala was at least consistent but the only conclusion I could draw from what the heck aj was doing was a desire to go with whoever was first voted; he did not follow up on his scumread of mala at all.

The reason I didn't jump on her was because i wasn't sure how hard you were leaning on my meta, and I NEVER jump on people unless I'm absolutely certain. At the end of the day, if you read mala's actions, it was pretty clear towards the ends.

Jason, I figured it was, which was why I completely ignored it.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1176, Malakittens wrote:I am just glad that this game ended before going on vLa this week.

I feel really bad about having to trick everyone against my meta - which I even tricked you against my own scum meta for part of the game.

Honestly Mollie - I really wasn't sure which way you were going to go with your vote.

Über is there a DQT? Also thanks for letting me replace in <3

Yes. Here it is: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/QhmzLuPCgyWAY

You conniving scum can also release the scum QT... if you want.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Mala you can release it if you like, after N1 not like i was involved :P
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Yeah, that wifom... I read it, went "Wtf" and disregarded it all of day three. But it was something worth questioning day 4. No one pursued it, so I just ignored it.

See, had you played it slightly more subtly, you'd have had me pulling my hair out. But, since you mentioned me, I knew my alignment, and then mentioned it was a 'shit bus', I was pretty sure that it was just irrelevant info. In fact, I had already stepped it one back and decided it was strange that mala HADN'T been poked at in that at all.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by Malakittens »

It's not like AFTER you died I talked in the scum QT. xD

BOOM.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1182, Malakittens wrote:It's not like AFTER you died I talked in the scum QT. xD
BOOM.

I've seen scum do it before just to get their thoughts behind night actions down for other players to read in the post game.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Mala, what were you thinking in your last note?

I'd kill aj, but keeping him alive due to fuzzy.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by Malakittens »

He was attempting to push for your lynch. Idk why.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:21 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 1185, Malakittens wrote:He was attempting to push for your lynch. Idk why.

Because I was confused and didn't know who the hell scum was
and Jason's WIFOM post had me going nuts.:p
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:35 am

Post by JasonWazza »

It worked :)
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

I shouldn't have let it get to me like it did, but it just made me go insane with curiosity. I couldn't figure out why you had used AJ and PM, and left me out of that equation until I realized who scum was (after I was lynched).
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:02 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

But, this game in the end is an example why I don't always pay attention to what people write. Realistically, if I went by posts, I'd have tried to lynch P_M. In the end, when I look for trends and patterns, it's easier to find scum. The hammering of FBN really confirmed you as scum. I still think Mollie would've hammered me had I moved quickly day 4, though. So that part was my bad.

Mollie, if we're ever in one of these again (since we've been in two now), want to set the limit to 3 days and then vote?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

There's a definite limit to how long is useful for a LyLo Day. Eventually fatigue can set in, and Town is much more likely to crack under the strain than Scum.

However exactly how long that useful duration is, is of course debatable. But trying to draw it out the full length just besides you have it is not pro-Town for an experienced player (I don't remember who said it here, but I thought it was a relative newbie).
Retired as of October 2014.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:24 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1189, Aj The Epic wrote:But, this game in the end is an example why I don't always pay attention to what people write. Realistically, if I went by posts, I'd have tried to lynch P_M. In the end, when I look for trends and patterns, it's easier to find scum. The hammering of FBN really confirmed you as scum. I still think Mollie would've hammered me had I moved quickly day 4, though. So that part was my bad.

I don't think so aj. going after mala would have looked more genuine cos you would have been following up on your reads. I had mala as a scum read at the start of the day cos of her very first post complaining about uber starting the game early. here is the dealio: when my mafia mentor saw one of my old games where I blew a lylo he was all like, "wow if people knew how much you sucked the longer you stayed in a game then you would probably last longer", lol. <---- my mentor does not sugarcoat. but he is right. I totally forgot that mala had said that even though it was still on the same page.

Mollie, if we're ever in one of these again (since we've been in two now), want to set the limit to 3 days and then vote?

agreed. Image

I think the problem we have is that we tend to talk past each other. it is something I would like to work out. I think we both think very differently but I think that can be a good thing tho, it is just working out the "language" barrier of our very contrasting approaches. you remind a lot of some of the players on my homesite; published scientists and lawyers. it is the way you think.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:25 am

Post by pirate mollie »

xpost: oh hai mr. flay
whew!
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:32 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 1190, Mr. Flay wrote:There's a definite limit to how long is useful for a LyLo Day. Eventually fatigue can set in, and Town is much more likely to crack under the strain than Scum.

However exactly how long that useful duration is, is of course debatable. But trying to draw it out the full length just besides you have it is not pro-Town for an experienced player (I don't remember who said it here, but I thought it was a relative newbie).

That depends in my opinion, i think it depends a lot more on the players (and the scum)

I think in this case it worked against the town because of the way people were posting and focusing more on emotions then on logic
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:23 am

Post by UberNinja »

I can see either side of the "draw it out" or "get it over with" arguments on MyLo days.

My position is: Draw it out only long enough for everyone to have their full say, and then get it over with as quickly as possible. :)
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Majiffy »

I personally like Candlejack's opinion on hammering. He sa

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:53 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 1193, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 1190, Mr. Flay wrote:There's a definite limit to how long is useful for a LyLo Day. Eventually fatigue can set in, and Town is much more likely to crack under the strain than Scum.

That depends in my opinion, i think it depends a lot more on the players (and the scum)

I think in this case it worked against the town because of the way people were posting and focusing more on emotions then on logic

Well, this game was more emotion-driven than most, true.

But the fact of LyLo is, Scum only needs Town to screw up
once
. So a long, drawn out, frustrating Day benefits them disproprortionately.

As UN says, talk as much as you need, but then end it. That actually applies for all Days, but especially endgame.
Retired as of October 2014.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:54 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Hmm, I just thought about something that happened in game, that I had forgotten about because it was forever ago, and kinda funny in hindsight. Guys, I'm sure you know this, but that "Nutter Butter character", no relation, in case you all WERE wondering. Thought it was worth bringing up though, in case there were doubts.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1191, pirate mollie wrote:I think the problem we have is that we tend to talk past each other. it is something I would like to work out. I think we both think very differently but I think that can be a good thing tho, it is just working out the "language" barrier of our very contrasting approaches. you remind a lot of some of the players on my homesite; published scientists and lawyers. it is the way you think.

Definitely not a doc or lawyer. Remember the first game where I was constantly posting walls? That's my site. We always play these mind games in long posts. It may be because the site doesn't allow double posting or editing (because mafia is a side-project), but I've grown used to picking arguments from play styles that are analytical and thought-out processing.

Generally, I have two strengths as town, the first is finding patterns in voting and motives. I'm one of those NK analysis people. Super-paranoid, stepping kills back 2-3 times to see who it benefits most, looking at votes to see what the reaction caused and if the vote was actually a town's vote. The second, I'm still trying to figure out. As said before, sometimes I just somehow figure out someone is scum (kind of like Jason... I couldn't really find much to my argument, but I just knew he had to be scum at the end...). I'm awful at what you and so many other players on this site seem to strive on, which is looking into posts and finding if it's town or not. I'm constantly frustrated, because I don't fit into the short posting style that many here play notoriously well with.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1197, fuzzybutternut wrote:Hmm, I just thought about something that happened in game, that I had forgotten about because it was forever ago, and kinda funny in hindsight. Guys, I'm sure you know this, but that "Nutter Butter character", no relation, in case you all WERE wondering. Thought it was worth bringing up though, in case there were doubts.

Pretty sure the only person who had doubts was the person who brought it up.

||

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”