NY 162: A Week at the Theatres (Game Over)

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:43 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 447, dramonic wrote:until then my read on him is SIR CYANIDE.

Interesting. You really think so?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:28 am

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 445, KingdomAces wrote:Trollie, that was in response to Zepher's preceding comment.

ohh, this:
In post 432, KingdomAces wrote:
Zepher, do you have anything to say about the multiple posts regarding you that were actually sensical?

Yes,
zepher
, do you have anything to say? b/c, btw, i generally continue to tunnel until someone engages my arguments (either in support or against them, at least something to let me know someone's reading). I don't like my reads/instincts going un-discussed, leaves me feeling all left out and lonely. U dont wanna make me feel lonely do u zeph? ...anyway my vote is staying put until something else happens that i cant ignore or until someone engages my concern.

...looks like maybe dram has something to say abt that?
In post 447, dramonic wrote:well, im pretty sure zepher is town, regardless of his individual read on you. Pants on head squared, but town.

wanna explain the read? is it that if i take one look at zepher's town play it will be just as opportunistic?

In post 448, MrZepher wrote:
In post 436, KingdomAces wrote:Also, the "How is voting someone you think is town a scumtell" question applies to you as well.

It's not the action it's the context. I don't think I would have minded as much if he hadn't voted in the way that he did. It just felt like he was trying to redirect attention.
Make sense?
thats not what u said at the time, but also not the point of my quoting this post. While, i'm talking about it though, you explicitly said that what was scummy was that he immediately votes the most "obvtown player." Moreover, your thinking is flawed because scum trying to redirect attention would
absolutely not
try to deflect attention onto someone who ppl think is town. He probably would have picked someone who hasn't accrued many votes but has been criticized in some way (ex. AD, NS, maybe Zoneace)

Trollie is probs town too just really misguided but I honestly don't blame him. I know how my playstyle reads to most people.

u can ellaboorate on ur playstyle urself if ud like, or maybe link me to town games where uve faced similar criticism?

I don't know if i have a scumread on smash, havent been paying enough attention to him, but i do not like this post:
In post 446, Smashbard wrote:
In post 441, Nobody Special wrote:Smash, to answer your question, I have no idea why they are playing badly enough to be lynched for stupid scumtells.

Everybody's got the right to be happy!

In post 442, greygnarl wrote:Slightly disappointed by the lack of concern over my recent comments.

This response is relevant to both of you, so I'll just say it under both quotes.

Enough players in this game are purposefully
[really? I doubt]
acting so scummy and anti-town, that for this specific situation, it has nullified our ability to call people out on scummy behavior
[the implication he goes for is that we
cannot
be certain about any scumhunting ability, any attempts to find scum in this issue will not work. THIS IS VERY ANTI-TOWN THINKING]
. Greygnarl specifically has admitted that he is shit posting and not even trying anymore. But nobody deems that as scummy behavior. Why?
[cuz town does that all the time]

I'd wager it's because the majority of the players are afraid that he's trying to be too scummy to be scum. Which is really fucking stupid that we allow this to be an excuse to skate through the day, by the way.
[It's because scum can show these symptoms, but so can town. This just lessens the BOP for scum and is an argument to allow opportunism

But at the very least, this will prove useful Day 2 when we get a chance to actually analyze INTERACTIONS and not just behavior.

Case in point, so long as we are trying to scumhunt in this particular game for individual scummy behavior, we're fucked. We're going to have to revert Day 2 to analyzing night actions, vote count analysis and Day 1 interactions. Because that's our only hope of turning this game around.
[again this anti-town stuff, deterring us from scumhunting today

In post 443, dramonic wrote:

@Smash: Not sure what you're asking. I think you're scum, I know for a fact zepher is really bad at mafia so he COULD genuinely see you as town (somehow...), Go I dont really have experience with so it's hard to tell.

My question may have been a little fluffy, but I'll restate it as concise as I can.

What are your reads on Mr. Zepher & Go based on their reads of me? I can't get a clear read on them myself, because I can't tell if they are just scum buddying me, or if they are actually town that gets what I'm trying to say and backs me up because of it.
oh...i forgot that this is why i quoted this post. I ask the same sort of question in regards to you: are you scum, or are u a townie wrapped up with opportunistic scum? My big issue with this question is that i don't see this interaction the same way you do. They jumped in not as much in support of you, but using u against dram. You agreed with it because you, presumably, KNOW that you are town, and therefore a bad vote. what you should be asking is "are they really that sure of their town-read on me?" ...SURE ENOUGH THAT THEY TAKE A SCUMREAD ON YOU TO BE THE FINISHING BLOW CONFIRMING DRAM IS SCUM...(i argue they cant be, not both of them at least). also this could be an attempt to open up avenues of bussing later on "im not scum he was just using me for town cred!"

I obviously can't ask THEM that question, because they will choose the non-buddying answer regardless of alignment. I'm not able to get an objective read myself, because my ego is happy that people actually agree with me for once.
this is overjustification of a question smash knows is kinda scummy

So with your vote being on me, you can objectively see the interactions around me. You may think I'm scummy for my vote on you, but what does that tell you of the people who agree with the reasons behind my vote?

Actually, those last two questions are pretty bad for smash. Here's why.

(a) shows a vested interest in hearing about the relational tells he has given so far. I don't know how that's ever a town-need. Note that the original justification was "I am clouded by the fact that they are agreeing with me, I am assuming these ppl are town, maybe im wrong?" but in the last sentence, it is very direct in asking what the interactions say about potential scumbuddies.

(b) Asking this question of a SCUM-READ is a very bad idea. If smash thinks dram is scum, and the justification he is giving for asking this is "i wanna know if i can trust the ppl im aligned with right now" why ask THE SCUMREAD which is literally the aligning factor between him and the two players in question?

(c) The way the thing was set up was way too calculated and careful. Smash made sure to pre-emp possible scum-motives for asking this question. There is a lot of overexplaining about why the question was necessary. the explanation seems to shift a lot as well from asking dram to help resolve his inability to read Go/zeph to maybe even using this question to counter the scumread dram has in the first place (which, as i showed in (b) are two mutually exclusive motives as one relies on dram not being scum, and the other on him being scum). No reason for him to be so calculated if this were an honest, transparent question.

I have to go, im not switching votes quite yet though, need to ISO smash to see if the rest of the ISO matches up with this. Also still need explanations as to why everyone not voting zepher is ignoring his EXTREME opportunism on dram.
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:06 am

Post by MrZepher »

I mean you can read any game I'm in ever. It's all the same story lol. I'm just a really awkward player which is why the argument that my interaction with Go was akward seems dumb to me.
Of course it's awkward. I'M awkward.

I didn't respond because I never noticed that you had an argument against me since it's bolded inside of a quote of a post I wrote.
If you're going to do that I suggest using a different color than black for readability.

be back in a second.
or something like that....
Go
Go
Goon
Go
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:10 am

Post by Go »

Lynch one, vig the other. I dont really care in what order.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:22 am

Post by greygnarl »

Go, you are not in control of this game despite what you think. Fake authoritarianness=obvscum guys.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:26 am

Post by MrZepher »

In post 415, TheTrollie wrote:

You don't pay attention to the game, you avoid posting for who knows how long
we already know this, we should agree that this is not scummy in and of itself, but he just wants to remind us of the objective facts so that when he pulls shit out of his ass later we say, "oh yeah but he was speakin the truth"

1. I was bringing up the context of the situation. this matters if you're unknowledgeable of how to find intent.

And the first thing you do when you come back into the thread is vote possibly one of the most obvtown players in the game
Smash is not obvtown, nor has that been discussed at all to my knowledge, so don't go making an offensive gesture about his read, if you want to help town, figure out why dram has a scumread on someone u think is town

2. I'm entitled to my opinion. The fact that nobody has brought up his apparent scumminess seems to me like people generally think he's town. The fact is Dram already brought up why he thinks Smash is scum and it's shitty reasoning.

For what's basically a shitty reason, and comes off as pretty OMGUS.
i dont think it was a shitty reason, saying avoiding a thread=scum is a really bad argument and anyone who is pushing that hard for a lynch, especially this early, should be looked at closely as possible scum.

3. No it isn't. Do you even see what I'm trying to do here?

Ignoring the thread is plenty valid reason to be suspected.
no it isnt, because without dram's response we had no reason to believe it wasn't just that dram had forgotten he was in the game, or that he wasn't prioritizing the little online time he did had somewhere else

4. No that's garbage. How do you FORGET you're in a game? And how am I supposed to believe he can't participate in this game when I SEE him logged into a video game we both play? <- this has already been brought up as well which tells me you're not reading something.

Which says a lot about the people who are sitting here trying to defend you.
Oh, btw, let this be clear: I am not defending dram at all. I am merely attacking those who are pushing the dram wagon for being opportunistic fucks

5. You're definitely white knighting. I would have dropped the issue if he didn't come into the thread acting like scum.
Let me be clear here: I'm not a big fan of the lynch all lurkers policy. Otherwise JS and Kdowns would be getting just as much attention from me. It's the fact that Dram lied as justification to not do shit here. I think that's BS and deserves to be called out on.
He's finally in the thread which means the purpose for the original wagon is served. Now he's acting like scum and you're defending him for what reason?
Do you think he's town?

I'm curious how many of your buddies are sitting on my wagon...
this is just deflection

6. That's just like, your opinion man. I am legitimately curious how many scum are sitting on my wagon though, even if they aren't necessarily partners with Dram.

in conclusion: Zepher = scum for pushing this

7. I'm not the only one on this wagon hurr durr. You're tunneling me, but I'm not the only one pushing this wagon sir. I'm just one of the only people attacking Dram for his opinion on Smash. Your conclusion doesn't match your argument. Please take a look at the people who haven't bothered to address their vote since Dram has reentered the thread.

Sorry. Shitty formatting bodes future shitty formatting.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:26 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 452, MrZepher wrote:
If you're going to do that I suggest
using a different color than black for readability
bathing in hydrochloric acid.

Seriously, no one reads that shit. Lrn2quote.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:34 am

Post by MrZepher »

In post 409, dramonic wrote:
Smashbard's entire line of reasoning in regards to my evil-lies-of-doom-what-is-this lack of post in this game is ludicrous an scummy. He's seriously trying to pull association tells because not everyone shares in his idiocy, how is it a bad vote?

Point out to me which associative tells you are speaking of pls.
I keep think that you're talking about the blatant buddying with Bacde, or obv-jokes with others.

I'm wondering if Bacde could be a third party.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 456, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 452, MrZepher wrote:
If you're going to do that I suggest
using a different color than black for readability
bathing in hydrochloric acid.

Seriously, no one reads that shit. Lrn2quote.

yeah i dont usually do that but i got lazy...

FYI I DID IT IN THE SMASH POST EARLIER ON THIS PAGE TOO
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Bacde »

keep wondering zepher
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by MrZepher »

In post 459, Bacde wrote:keep wondering zepher

I'm starting to hope you get vig'd instead of me.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by Bacde »

lol why were you hoping that you'd get vigged in the first place?
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by MrZepher »

I wasn't. I just know that's it's very likely that I will be.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by MrZepher »

nice attempt at a misrep though. That's clever.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 460, MrZepher wrote:

not misrepping

so is the dramonic or the zepher lynch the one for today? I'll vote either
Go
Go
Goon
Go
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by Go »

In post 454, greygnarl wrote:Go, you are not in control of this game despite what you think. Fake authoritarianness=obvscum guys.

Nice shitposting
Go
Go
Goon
Go
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Go »

In post 464, Bacde wrote:
In post 460, MrZepher wrote:

not misrepping

so is the dramonic or the zepher lynch the one for today? I'll vote either

God I dont even care anymore lets just lynch one.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 444, ZONEACE wrote:
In post 433, petapan wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: ZONEACE

i still don't like dram but not posting because he doesn't want to catch up on the thread is at least somewhere outside KILL IT WITH FIRE territory

hurrdurr

you're not even trying to look town anymore are you
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by petapan »

if you ever were
free crypto
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Post by roflcopter »

no wonder no one wants to catch up in this game

lets just lynch zepher and hope some of the more annoying people get killed overnight
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Hate Sunday prods- more tomorrow.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Post by MrZepher »

In post 469, roflcopter wrote:no wonder no one wants to catch up in this game

lets just lynch zepher and
hope some of the more annoying people get killed overnight

who do you think should get killed tonight?
Just out of... morbid curiosity.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 471, MrZepher wrote:
In post 469, roflcopter wrote:no wonder no one wants to catch up in this game

lets just lynch zepher and
hope some of the more annoying people get killed overnight

who do you think should get killed tonight?
Just out of... morbid curiosity.

^ an obvious attempt at a diversion. more votes here please.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by MrZepher »

I'm asking you a question about your reads. What's there to divert from? You sheeped onto a bunch of shitty votes somewhere in the midst of the rest of your shitty posts. Nothing to divert from.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by roflcopter »

a question predicated on being out of "morbid curiosity." your goal is to cause a flame war (for example, this most recent post where you bait me by calling my reads and posts "shitty") or something of the like to fill the thread with more garbage that distracts from you getting lynched.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”