NY 162: A Week at the Theatres (Game Over)

MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:29 am

Post by MrZepher »

In post 477, wind-up wrote:
Ah, so information instead of analysis on top of lack of scumhunting.

Let's lynch dramonic.

Basically sums it up
or something like that....
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:31 am

Post by ActionDan »

not changing vote until I give read another readthough.

If you want to be convinced simply iso NS + me together.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:19 am

Post by Smashbard »

I'm going to double the sentiment to ISO ActionDan & Nobody Special together.

Unvote. Vote: Nobody Special

I'm convinced. Moreso than my gutread on Greygnarl anyway. I mean, if you (guys collectively) have to scratch and claw your ways into justifications as to why you want to lynch Greygnarl just for the sake of getting a wagon with some steam on it to go through, then obviously we are lynching Greygnarl for all the wrong reasons.

I still believe he's scum. But ActionDan's case is TONS better. Check it out.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:33 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Oh damn

Now you're making me choose between NS and greygnarl

My body is not ready for this choice
Are you ready for this?
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Smashbard »

We have two days to make a choice. I'd rather lynch Greygnarl but ActionDans case makes more sense than anything I have to say. I hate having to backtrack like this, but I should have noticed this a lot earlier in the first place.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 am

Post by KingdomAces »

I really don't like what contributions Jacob has given us so far, but with deadline approaching and him being on V/LA, I guess there's no reason to be voting him right now.
UNVOTE: JacobSavage

Even with the double ISO, I don't agree with the case against NS. I've read a few of his games, and all of that seems fairly normal for him.

Right now of the wagons, I'd join a lynch of Greygnarl, Bacde, or Zepher. I can see how any of them could be scum, and they only seem to be making the game worse. I really don't have any scumreads right now, and I really have nothing to say that hasn't already been said.

If you have any specific questions, ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Also, I just realized that I've been voting Bacde on every single votecount so far, including the ones where my vote is also on Jacob.
Mod: This is an error, right?

~
It's possible, pig.
(Yes, it is an error. "A technicality that will shortly be remedied.")
Last edited by Mr Assistant on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Smashbard »

My only issue with the Greygnarl lynch is the fact that so many people are going "I think he's town, but I'm gonna vote him anyway" or announcing intent to jump on him only if we get close to the days end. And that just doesn't sit right with me. I want Greygnarl to be lynched because he is considered scummy, not because people are just shrugging their shoulders going "Oh well, let's pick somebody". That's not very town at all.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by Bacde »

@Kingdom aces :cry: I'm not making the game worse at all

I personally see Greygnarl as scummy since I've realized I don't understand his play at all.

@Kingdomaces should I assume you have a townread on NS?
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by greygnarl »

Smash's vote of me confirmed his towniness. I guess it's more gut on wind-up then anything else. He just kind of avoids making anything happen but still acts like he's helping.

Not liking peta's afraid to hammer post. It's a shameful attempt to try to gain town points when nobody in there right mind thought I was anywhere near lynch. Especially suspicous coming from some one who was following wagons so closely at the start of the game, even reprimanding me for saying a 4 vote wagon built up quickly.

VOTE: petapan

His being a dick is not a towntell.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by wind-up »

In post 540, dramonic wrote:ill put it in simpler terms then wind-up.
if i dont call someone scum... it's because i dont believe they're scum.

THE REVELATION!

The point is that you called players anti-town without stating a position on their alignment. Not only is that not helpful, it's also a really easy way to fake scumhunting. You didn't call them scum, and by your logic that was because you didn't believe they were scum. But you didn't call them town, either, so you must not have believed they were town. (This is your logic.)

So you must have had no belief in their alignment either way. I can only think of two explanations for calling people anti-town without a belief in their alignment: 1) you were chastising them for it (not helpful, not a townie thing to do unless you're really frustrated) and/or 2) you already know what their alignment is.

Hmmmm.

That awkward moment when someone's own logic incriminates them.

dramonic is scum.
Staying put means giving up.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:30 pm

Post by wind-up »

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is far more conclusive than any other case you have seen so far or will see until I start cracking on dramonic's scumbuddies.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by Smashbard »

So let's double check shall we?

ActionDan says Nobody Special is scum, guaranteed. He needs to be lynched today no matter what.

Wind Up says Dramonic is scum, guaranteed. He needs to be lynched today no matter what.

Roflcopter says Mr. Zepher is scum, guaranteed. He needs to be lynched today no matter what.

Zoneace says Bacde is scum, guaranteed. He needs to be lynched today no matter what.

We have less than 48 hours until the end of day phase. Three of you four need to drop your case for the rest of the day phase and compromise, coming back at it tomorrow if you're still sure. Because at this point you're causing a divide that is making it literally impossible for us to focus on one wagon for the sake of getting a lynch through.

I'd say let's draw straws and agree on one of those 4 lynches, but honestly the Bacde wagon is really dumb and has been since the start of the Day.

So really, we just need to agree on whether or not Zepher, Nobody Special or Dramonic need to go. And we need to decide that like, yesterday.

Unless everyone is cool with a No Lynch. Which is where we are heading.

I did an elimination round in my head of "Eenie, Meanie, Mynie, Mo." and knocked off Zepher first, and then Dramonic. So let's lynch Nobody Special and explore the other two guy tomorrow.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 558, greygnarl wrote:Not liking peta's afraid to hammer post. It's a shameful attempt to try to gain town points when nobody in there right mind thought I was anywhere near lynch. Especially suspicous coming from some one who was following wagons so closely at the start of the game, even reprimanding me for saying a 4 vote wagon built up quickly.

lmfao

mafiascum.net
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Post by petapan »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: greygnarl

apparently not wanting to count votes myself is a high crime
free crypto
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Of those four, I am equally inclined to Bacde, dram or Zepher.

I do not want to lynch Nobody Special for obvious reasons (not the least of which is that I am town -- actually a town player that would be detrimental to the town to lose, so please, factor that in).
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by petapan »

literally though there's 2 days left and i will join any wagon
free crypto
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Post by Smashbard »

In post 564, Nobody Special wrote:Of those four, I am equally inclined to Bacde, dram or Zepher.

I do not want to lynch Nobody Special for obvious reasons (not the least of which is that I am town -- actually a town player that would be detrimental to the town to lose, so please, factor that in).

So we can chalk up Bacde and Nobody Specials positions as "I will lynch any of the popular suspects not named me."

Great. Totally gives us a good idea on who you think is the best lynch./sarcasm.
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by wind-up »

In post 561, Smashbard wrote:ActionDan says Nobody Special is scum, guaranteed. He needs to be lynched today no matter what.

ActionDan's is bad. You read it and you think: okay, if NS is town, these quotes show that he is not being a very good townie. Then you think: wait, but does that mean NS is scum? And then you think: do these reasons ('bad vote' x2, 'laziness', 'irrelevance') sound like reasons scum would use in a case to fake scumhunting? And then you think: yes. ActionDan is probably scum with dramonic, look at his poor dismissal of the dramonic wagon:
In post 423, ActionDan wrote:I believe that Dram is a sub-optimal lynch. I don't think I'll support it.
(i.e. I don't want to lynch my buddy Day 1. I'm not going to vote for him.)

In post 561, Smashbard wrote:Wind Up says Dramonic is scum, guaranteed. He needs to be lynched today no matter what.

That's right, folks! dramonic has been effectively useless for most of the day, and occasionally he comes in and snipes at people because they're not being pro-town. No actual scumhunting or anything. Plus his own logic incriminates himself as I showed above. If you can't find a flaw in my logic, you should probably strongly consider voting dramonic.

In post 561, Smashbard wrote:Roflcopter says Mr. Zepher is scum, guaranteed. He needs to be lynched today no matter what.

Zoneace says Bacde is scum, guaranteed. He needs to be lynched today no matter what.

These are silly lynches. roflcopter's #272 and #274 show he's steeped in confirmation bias (misreading MrZepher's silly flavour as trying to start a flame war). Steer well clear of that one.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

In post 561, Smashbard wrote:

Another lazy missrep. You 2 are certainly sticking together in every way.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Considering you've been hardcore tunneling Bacde ever since he called you scummy, yeah, your wagon is crap. Get over it and move your vote, Zoneace. I honestly don't care where, so long as it's someone who is actually GOING to be lynched today. Nobodies lynching Bacde, and it' incredibly anti-town of you to continue pushing it when you have crap for evidence based on the butthurt of "Sniffle sniffle, he called me scum!".

Now look at Wind-Up, that's how you convince a guy to switch a vote.

Unvote. Vote: Dramonic

Yay wagon hopping!
wind-up
wind-up
Goon
wind-up
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by wind-up »

In post 559, wind-up wrote:You didn't call them scum, and by your logic that was because you didn't believe they were scum. But you didn't call them town, either, so you must not have believed they were town.

Just before it comes up: saying "I didn't call them town because of the presumption of innocence (innocent until proven guilty)" is not a valid defence. For one, we don't start the game presuming everyone is town, because we know that literally cannot be the case. Nor do we start the game presuming everyone is mafia, for the same reasons. The presumption of innocence as it applies to Mafia is "not-mafia and not-town until proven mafia or town". Which is pretty useless, but also to be expected because Mafia is not a criminal trial, and because "innocent until proven guilty" basically means "the burden of proof lies with the accuser, not the accused" anyway.

Wanted to nip that potential issue in the bud before it could potentially damage the momentum of what will hopefully be a glorious dramonic scumlynch.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:47 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 559, wind-up wrote:
In post 540, dramonic wrote:But you didn't call them town, either, so you must not have believed they were town. (This is your logic.)

Thank you for confirming your own idiocy. You can go back to your seat now.

If I don't call you an idiot, odds are I don't think you're one. Do I have to specify you're a normal person in contrast though?
No, see, it's HEAVILY IMPLIED.

Make the connection.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:51 am

Post by dramonic »

EDIT: Oh look, you actually went out of your way to show everyone how you're BSing your way to a townlynch. How nice of you.
Seriously, if it weren't for the PGO claim, you'd be confirmed scum by how horribly flawed your logic is.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:53 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 569, Smashbard wrote:that's how you convince a guy to switch a vote.

Hypocritical, erroneous logic is how you convince someone to switch a vote?
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:57 am

Post by dramonic »

I dont usually get this... Hominemy in a game, but for fuck's sake, every post wind-up makes is a steaming pile of shit and it's getting ridiculous. Everyone who disagrees with this lynch is my buddy guys, better hop on before it's too late!
I'm a hoot

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”