Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 1374, kuribo wrote:SAD, swear to me that when I flip town, you'll lynch at least one of the people on my wagon

JASON :twisted:
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:47 pm

CDB will prob get on the wagon though anyway so it's w/e he'll prob he get lynched sooner or later if not today.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:48 pm

actually I want jason to wake up dead tomorrow thank you vig/SK I'll owe you one.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1371, kuribo wrote:Zdenek, barring
Jason
Benmage as scum is 100% mod confirmed town

FTFY

Tammy and I are still talking about things re: kuribo and his predecessors, the main thing that makes me think he might be town is the nature of Dan's claim (e.g., the way he came out thinking he was cc'ing Zdenek which seemed pretty genuine and unlikely to come from scum). I want to try reading kuribo's meta and that MS scum game Dan alluded to.

@Benmage:
I included SafetyDance in my earlier list because I recall absta-scum not being a big busser...I remember that he tended to just throw minor suspicion on his buddies but never voting them or following up on them in any significant fashion.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Post by kuribo »

here you go, have fun reading my meta

WWE Attitude 2.0 Mafia (scum loss)
Revoution Mafia (town loss)
Catch-22 Mafia (scum win)
Chrono Trigger Mafia (town win)
Team Mafia 2012 (town win, though all of my reads were pretty much wrong)
Gaben Mafia (town loss)
Gay Mafia (scum loss)
Weather Mafia II (town win)

I left out Author Mafia (scum loss) and Polite Mafia (town loss) because they were heavily post-restricted games. Left out Artemis Fowl and Rollin in the Deep (scum win) because the ends were lost in the crash (town loss). And I left out Democracy Ho! because fuck that game.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Sotty - Definitely the last Wire game (even though I knew Jason was scum because I was too, your connection was obvious) and possibly one more that I'm forgetting but also general word-of-mouth experience tells me your read is usually worth trusting.

SAD's passive aggression is annoying because it suits him fine either way - either I do eventually get on his wagon and he gets to say "I told you so, CDB's scum" or I don't (which, by the way, was fairly clearly looking the likelier of the two) and I gets to have a go at me for purposely avoiding his suspicion to try to make a much-needed friend or something. There was very little indication that I would be getting on your wagon, dude, so why be so snide about it?

Some of those saying "CDB feels off" - including but not limited to kuribo - are going to have to do better. Why? For most of the people here who I've played with before, it's been a fair while and my play has changed a bit (I hope others would agree it's improved slightly). If it's just that I'm still even posting, when in days gone by I would long since have flaked from a game this large and long, that's just a product of playing fewer games, trying harder not to let people down by flaking and refusing to read walls, but frankly I would expect more of a reason than that anyway.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:56 pm

And yeah, yesterday didn't happen on Jason. Work happened instead. I'm sorry. Definitely happening today, though. Not working for a long time and woken up earlier than I expected. If I don't post a reaction to Jason's Day 2 posts today, then you have my permission to lynch me.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Oh, sorry, just realised I misinterpreted SAD's post. Read "my wagon" rather than "the wagon". Sorry, as I said I woke up too early. Er, ignore that, SAD.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:58 pm

But you do know I have kuribo as town, yeah? Why are you expecting me to get on his wagon?
#greenshirtthursdays
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:27 am

Post by DeasVail »

Just letting you all know I won't be able to post for a while (probably nearly 24 hours) and I've skimmed through the posts since my last, but am not properly caught up.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:29 am

Post by BT »

In post 1378, Cerulean wrote:
Tammy and I are still talking about things re: kuribo and his predecessors, the main thing that makes me think he might be town is the nature of Dan's claim (e.g., the way he came out thinking he was cc'ing Zdenek which seemed pretty genuine and unlikely to come from scum).

I'm not seeing it. It's genuine but it could come from both town and scum so I don't see what's pointing you to the latter.

General question: I see a good chunk of people townreading Sottyhydra. Why?
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:05 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 2, Votecount 14

ChannelDeliBird (4) - Plessiezarus, Zdenek, The Mini-Librarian, kuribo
kuribo (5) - Cerulean, JasonT1981, Benmage, BT, Ser Arthur Dayne

JastonT1981 (1) - ChannelDelibird
sottyrulez (1) - Nostredeus
Nostredeus (1) - sottyrulez

Not voting (4) :
ZONEACE, Deasvail, Kise, camn

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 22nd of February at 00:30am GMT
  • Countdown to deadlien: (expired on 2013-02-21 20:30:28)
  • No one is V/la

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:44 am

Post by camn »

In post 1370, kuribo wrote:she's either SK or town, her interaction with absta would require incredibly ballsy bussing

I thought I mentioned it- there is no limit to my ability to buss.

VOTE: CHANNELDELIBIRD

a) he seems nervous.
b) RL excuses
c) He mentioned he was scum last game... which is him trying to use the biggest cognitive fallacy in all of statistics against us. Subtle, but not too subtle for me to notice.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:09 am

a) No, I'm just British.
b) Read any of my games and/or non-mafia commitments on this site. Procrastinating and having to work are not scumtells for me.
c) WTF, I was answering a direct question and the caveat had to be made because otherwise sotty would have brought it up herself. This is a pretty fucking dense thing to say, camn.
#greenshirtthursdays
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:09 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1385, BT wrote:
In post 1378, Cerulean wrote:
Tammy and I are still talking about things re: kuribo and his predecessors, the main thing that makes me think he might be town is the nature of Dan's claim (e.g., the way he came out thinking he was cc'ing Zdenek which seemed pretty genuine and unlikely to come from scum).

I'm not seeing it. It's genuine but it could come from both town and scum so I don't see what's pointing you to the latter.

General question: I see a good chunk of people townreading Sottyhydra. Why?

You say it's genuine, so you believe he was genuinely thinking he was counter claiming zdenek? Why would Dan!scum genuinely think he was counter claiming someone he knew to be town?

Empire can tell you more about the town read of the hydra overall as he recently played with them in Sherlock mafia, but we both are town reading zach especially. We both just finished playing a game with zach!scum and he was pretty lurky and not very engaged in the game. His play is quite different here, and unless Jason and them are scum together, which I don't believe, their play surrounding Jason makes no sense at all. Jason would have been a really easy lynch to go along with yesterday and would have been preferable considering they know each other well. There push and disappointment in Jason today when thinking they might be wrong reads genuine, and it's not something I see coming from scum, especially considering most people took tgah's push on Jason to mean he was town and it garnered them some negative attention. It demonstrates a level of caring about the game that suggests town.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:13 am

Post by Cerulean »

Hey kise - have you gotten past post 22 in your read through yet?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:34 am

On Jason's Day 2:

In post 1163, jasonT1981 wrote:2 cops down, thats a great start.

This is frankly more of a worry than any of his responses to the sottyrulez vote - in that, at least, he took the sensible approach which I think is probably what he should and would have done as both town and scum. The happiness at the night deaths, particularly coming in late... seems forced. I've seen both alignments do it but scum more often, I think.

Jason has straight-batted pretty much everything today - I'll be interested to see what his thoughts on the 1v1 are once he's, as he says, had a better read, because that last remark "spoilt brats, ignore it, but hey I've hardly read so maybe not" seems to be the latest of a series of opinions carrying getout clauses - "ohhhh the kuribo thing hurts my head because he's my scumread but scum don't 1v1 so I guess he's scum but I dunno" also comes to mind here.

Certainly no unvote from me for the time being.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 am

Also, this post:

In post 1203, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 1199, The Mini-Librarian wrote:
sottyrulez wrote:If you think we're scum with TGAH after the way day 1 played out, I really don't know what to tell you.

Um...Traitor? (jus sayin)

Go read his final post after being lynched. He went out of his way to mention us being a possible SK. That would just be an odd thing to say about someone you would theoretically know is on your scumteam.

(I think he posted that because he wanted the town to consider us a serial killer suspect to salvage any value in our lynchability, but of course I have the benefit of knowing my alignment.)

...makes me think sottyrulez is town. Says it the way I'd be thinking it as town.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:37 am

Which, I guess, makes Nostredeus my next to-read.
#greenshirtthursdays
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:12 am

Post by Cerulean »

Thanks for the links, kuribo. I should have enough time to go through them all this week.

In post 1385, BT wrote:General question: I see a good chunk of people townreading Sottyhydra. Why?

Following up on what my other head said, Zach is one of the players that suffers from Regfan-syndrome (like me and Tammy, too, really) in that he far prefers being town and hates being scum. The easiest way to read him, therefore, is to see how active and engaged he is in the game. In Sherlock Mafia, he did the overwhelming majority of the posting and just generally seemed like he gave a shit about the game. Compare that with his scum game in Castle Zar where he was really lurky and his reads were generally very lazy and came off as super disinterested. I think his play in this game is a lot more like his town game, especially looking at his back and forth with Jason - I'm in agreement with my other head that voting Jason today after previously defending him hard as a huge meta townread is something that would draw him a lot of unwanted attention as scum and the entire exchange with Jason reads like he's genuinely faltering in his read and is trying to see what's up.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:24 am

Post by BT »

In post 1389, Cerulean wrote:
You say it's genuine, so you believe he was genuinely thinking he was counter claiming zdenek? Why would Dan!scum genuinely think he was counter claiming someone he knew to be town?

Nah, but if that's what you meant by genuine, then I disagree. I meant that it was obvious he thought his claim really clashed with Zdenek, regardless of alignment. I see nothing towntelling there.

Explanation behind Sottyrulez!town is nice, though. I'll go with that for now.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

Not impressed by kuribo's attempt to 1v1 agaisnt Benmage. That's the worst kind of pointless grandstanding. Benmage isn't getting lynched -- not today, probably not ever. The AtE spam is kind of draining to read, too, but that's presumably the point.

Also not impressed by SAD's reversion to one-liner spam. That sort of "lol, I'm not even reading the thread but I'm going to throw out random ideas and take no responsibility for them later" attitude might have stopped people lynching him in the Westeros game, but it shouldn't in this game. He's still a very good bet to be scum (persausive though the set-up speculation of people who aren't even familiar with the flavour may be to some people :roll:).

Happy to see votes on CDB. More would be better.

Still town-reading both Jason and sotty. Not really interested in the little back and forth they've been having, since it feels like the sort of meta-argument nobody else can really hope to follow.

Still not sure what to make of TML. Looked at the games Cerulean linked to earlier. Not convinced by the meta argument though. Meh.

~ Pless
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:35 am

Pless: your thoughts?
#greenshirtthursdays
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:38 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1379, kuribo wrote:here you go, have fun reading my meta

People ought to take a look at Catch-22.
1. He's as spammy there as he is here.
2. He's arrogant, calls himself town, yells at anyone who suggests otherwise... calls everyone an idiot.
3. *******Note post 620 where he tries to do a ME OR HIM move with Slaandar. (sounding familiar?)
4. The point. Don't let his AtE antics change that scummy slots read. Without me forcing real content out of kuribo he's content to do nothing but belittle.

I'm at fucking Jury Duty.. FML.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:39 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1387, camn wrote:
In post 1370, kuribo wrote:she's either SK or town, her interaction with absta would require incredibly ballsy bussing

I thought I mentioned it- there is no limit to my ability to buss.

What's the point of this?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”