SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:42 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 2172, Jake from State Farm wrote:1. Poe means xis has to be town, but some of the things he does make me not so sure. Like investigating Jal instead of someone else.

2. I'm confused here. You brought up the point about someone having a card but not claiming it. You brought it up again recently. We realize that whoever has this card is probably scum. I just didn't see the point in bringing it up again. Everyone already had their chance to claim and additional card. I claimed the 1 card I received already, I only received just 1. Nobody bothered to ask me the name so I never mentioned it. Didn't think it's relevant but everyone knows the color. I got States Ave. but like I said the name means nothing.

3. Why am I the only one who would benefit from hiding a card? Why can't mhork, guile, mehndi, cheery, xis, or even you be hiding the card? Whoever has it and is hiding it is the one who has sonething to gain. I don't know why you felt the need to single me out.

Do I have a better suspect to who could be hiding it? Yes mhork, guile, mehndi, cheery, xis, or even you.

In your mind I'm really the only one who could be hiding it? Bullshit

What's bullshit is your comprehension skills. You are the better suspect for hiding the card because there is a clear motive for you to do so, one we could have applied to Jal also but we can rule out because of card's she's received. You're not the only suspect, you're not instantly scum now, you're just the only one with a valid reason to hide it. I mean, what reason does anyone, regardless of alignment, have of hiding a card that has no ability to them at the moment? Especially since we've already had all sorts of power roles claimed now. there's no rationale. Again, to reiterate so it hopefully sinks in, that does not make you the only one that may hide it, it gives a reason for you to be the most likely.

I mentioned it four days ago, since then, everyone has ignored the whole post, including the card that's unclaimed. If 7 other people are ignoring the fact, why not bring up that they are ignoring it and try to address the point again, I think its something that needs to be focused on, we've only got a few days remaining for this game day left. You think ignoring it more will suddenly make someone claim, or for other people to notice?

If no ones mentions they think that card is indeed in scum hands, why presume that everyone is presuming the same thing. That's a one-way highway to miscommunication and misinterpretation.

Naming the card, listing the power those cards give you, gives us more information and less information someone else can bullshit later on.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:43 am

Post by SafetyDance »

For the record, I'm ok with #2088 being edited by someone else tomorrow if there's further information and I'm not around.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:45 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 2173, Jake from State Farm wrote:Nobody should be making a list of their town/scum reads

This shouldn't matter at all at this point. Everyone has pretty much said their reads. It's fairly easy for scum to compile this, if they haven't already. So, making a town/scum list would not harm town play.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Current Vote Count 3.05

:right:
Mehdi2277 - 4 (Xisiqolmelir, guille2015, Cheery Dog, Lord Mhork) (L-1)

Lord Mhork - 3 (Jake From State Farm, Jake From State Farm, Mehdi2277) (L-2)

Not Voting: Jal, SafetyDance

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-02-16 18:00:00)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:32 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 2175, SafetyDance wrote:
In post 2172, Jake from State Farm wrote:1. Poe means xis has to be town, but some of the things he does make me not so sure. Like investigating Jal instead of someone else.

2. I'm confused here. You brought up the point about someone having a card but not claiming it. You brought it up again recently. We realize that whoever has this card is probably scum. I just didn't see the point in bringing it up again. Everyone already had their chance to claim and additional card. I claimed the 1 card I received already, I only received just 1. Nobody bothered to ask me the name so I never mentioned it. Didn't think it's relevant but everyone knows the color. I got States Ave. but like I said the name means nothing.

3. Why am I the only one who would benefit from hiding a card? Why can't mhork, guile, mehndi, cheery, xis, or even you be hiding the card? Whoever has it and is hiding it is the one who has sonething to gain. I don't know why you felt the need to single me out.

Do I have a better suspect to who could be hiding it? Yes mhork, guile, mehndi, cheery, xis, or even you.

What's bullshit is your comprehension skills. You are the better suspect for hiding the card because there is a clear motive for you to do so, one we could have applied to Jal also but we can rule out because of card's she's received. You're not the only suspect, you're not instantly scum now, you're just the only one with a valid reason to hide it. I mean, what reason does anyone, regardless of alignment, have of hiding a card that has no ability to them at the moment? Especially since we've already had all sorts of power roles claimed now. there's no rationale. Again, to reiterate so it hopefully sinks in, that does not make you the only one that may hide it, it gives a reason for you to be the most likely.

I mentioned it four days ago, since then, everyone has ignored the whole post, including the card that's unclaimed. If 7 other people are ignoring the fact, why not bring up that they are ignoring it and try to address the point again, I think its something that needs to be focused on, we've only got a few days remaining for this game day left. You think ignoring it more will suddenly make someone claim, or for other people to notice?

If no ones mentions they think that card is indeed in scum hands, why presume that everyone is presuming the same thing. That's a one-way highway to miscommunication and misinterpretation.

Naming the card, listing the power those cards give you, gives us more information and less information someone else can bullshit later on.

how is my reading comprehension bullshit? No where have you explained why I am the one most likely to be the one hiding a card nor have you explained what you think my motive is.

the fact is I am not hiding any cards and for you to come out and call me the top suspect is bullshit.

as for not hounding people to claim their cards, nobody was doing that, not even you. I assumed everyone playing who is town is reading the game as it develops. If town saw that post and had a card they hadn't claimed yet I assume that town must not have the card. I felt no need to keep asking people when it is obvious that the silence meant it was in the hands of scum.

I felt no need to list the actual name of my card, I mean why does it really matter? The powers of a singular card are already known because Jal would have told us if his singular card had power. You obviously knew that singular card had no power cause you listed it as such under Jal's name. If it had a power i certainly would have shared it but it didn't so i didn't think I had to say "the purple card had no power"
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:58 am

Post by Jal »

Okay, I don't feel like reading the walls anymore.

Someone straight-up answer me: Is there a card which is unclaimed and do we know its name?

Or did Jake just claim to have some prior unclaimed card?
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:18 am

Post by guille2015 »

If scum is hiding that card, it must be due to a reason. It might be because they want to hide a particular power. Because of this, only a purple card carrying player would hide that power. Jal and Jake each have a purple card. If scum recieved that card and it had no power with it, aka they did not have another Purple card, then they would have claimed it, when they received it. Why hide something that revealing would make them look better? So the last card purple card must have gone to Jal or Jake. If anybody else received the card, they would have claimed it.

I see what safety was trying to do. I tried to get a bit more out in #2174 so that nobody will play ignorant and say that they have the remaining purple card.

@Mod: Can you confirm that everyone has received all the cards appropriately.

Unvote: Medhi

Just making sure no one hammers, until we have resolved this purple card issue.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:19 am

I claimed earlier in the day I got a purple card (previously I didn't mention the property name nor did anyone ask me but recently I said the name, States Avenue) . I confirmed that the mod is using purple twice to identify 2 different neighborhoods.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:20 am

According to Safety there is 1 card not claimed, I'm assuming its the 3rd purple card

guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:26 am

Post by guille2015 »

From what I understand there is the brown Vig properties which are purple in the original Monopoly game. Then there are the Violet Charles, State and Virginia ave. properties, one of which is missing. Those last three are the purple ones that Safety is referring too.

When exactly did you receive the purple cars?
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:26 am

Post by guille2015 »

*Card!
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:27 am

Post by Jal »

Okay, so everyone should know by now that not claiming makes that person most likely scum and they should have claimed. This is all I have been waiting for, thanks.

Right so, 2 railroads give the ability to search for a specific card and see who has it. Yesterday I used it on boardwalk and saw that TBG had it last night.

Tonight, I am looking for Virginia Ave and that person who has it is automatically scum. Please make sure I am protected/watched, whatever. We get scum tomorrow.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Jal »

Vig is blue.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:35 am

Post by guille2015 »

Sorry I meant Baltic and med
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 am

Post by guille2015 »

Sweet. Safety watches Jal. Jake watches safety.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:45 am

In post 2184, guille2015 wrote:From what I understand there is the brown Vig properties which are purple in the original Monopoly game. Then there are the Violet Charles, State and Virginia ave. properties, one of which is missing. Those last three are the purple ones that Safety is referring too.

When exactly did you receive the purple cars?

The mod called the Baltic/Mediterranean as purple
He also referred to my States avenue as purple. I received my card after I received my night action result 1/26 just after 6 pm.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:46 am

In post 2189, guille2015 wrote:Sweet. Safety watches Jal. Jake watches safety.

Fuck safety. I'm watching who I want and not that moron

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:55 am

I'll watch cheery or xis. I'll decide at night after a flip

Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

In post 2181, guille2015 wrote:
@Mod: Can you confirm that everyone has received all the cards appropriately.

~Yes. All cards have been sent out and recieved~

~And yes, there are two groups of cards labeled "purple" :oops: ~
~The colors serve no other purpose than making organization for me easier. I may fix the issue with the two purple groups at the start of night~
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:32 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 2179, Jake from State Farm wrote:
Spoiler: quote wall

how is my reading comprehension bullshit? No where have you explained why I am the one most likely to be the one hiding a card nor have you explained what you think my motive is.

Umm... yes I have jake, what the fuck. Did you read the post above that you quoted? Did you read any of them? Look, I'll quote them in chronological order for you.

In post 2166, SafetyDance wrote:
The only person with any real gain from keeping it hidden is Jake. Jal has another purple too but since she's already got a zillion (6) cards it doesn't seem likely she's got yet more.

In post 2170, SafetyDance wrote:
3) You being stupid? You don't gain from somebody else hiding the card,
you
gain the most from hiding the card. You and Jal both have Purples, that much has been claimed. 1 card + 1 card = 2 cards and a power attained. Jal has already received one card last night and one card this day, he can't have another unless GNR is using some weird system for it. That leaves you with the most to gain from hiding it.

If you can not grasp from those posts that I think (as of the original post in #2166) that you have the MOST (note that word, it does not mean only) motive for hiding it, then you will never comprehend. It should be easy to understand. Guille got it. You with two purple cards = hidden power. Otherwise, the only other motive available is that scum is hiding it just be to be scummy, its seems rather counter-intuitive.

Yes, I think you are genuine and are telling the truth about only having one purple card but also, I think you're been an absolute idiot over this.

Yes, I'm going to bring it up again (the (after original #2088) because if no one responds then how am I to know they've seen it or understood that post? Communication Jake, it's important.

In post 2179, Jake from State Farm wrote:
I felt no need to list the actual name of my card, I mean why does it really matter? The powers of a singular card are already known because Jal would have told us if his singular card had power. You obviously knew that singular card had no power cause you listed it as such under Jal's name. If it had a power i certainly would have shared it but it didn't so i didn't think I had to say "the purple card had no power"

I already mentioned why it matters, its information and one less thing scum can bullshit claim on tomorrow. It becomes even more important now because if you'll notice jal's posts below, her claim is that having two railroad cards gives her the ability to investigate who has what card. A deed-cop.

If you didn't mention your street name, Jal could have gone into night two and investigated yourself. That'd be a bit of a fuck up, no? Communication Jake, it's important.

And see what happens when you bring something up again? We get this resolution. I feel much happier going into the night knowing now that the card will be found. Someone, somewhere just read the last day's posts and crapped their pants. We should be able to smell it day 4.

Providing of course Jal is telling the truth. There is that caveat.

In post 2191, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 2189, guille2015 wrote:Sweet. Safety watches Jal. Jake watches safety.

Fuck safety. I'm watching who I want and not that moron

And the problem with is you're prepared to game-throw because you're being petulant. If you're still going to be this stupid and act like a baby then I really don't mind 180-ing and trying to lynch you.

Game Throwing > LaL
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:41 am

None of that explains why I'm the most likely other than you just picking a name out of a hat which is basically what it looks like you did.

Not watching you isn't game throwing. You aren't a town read of mine anymore so it's anti-town to watch someone I don't think is town.

SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:48 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 2180, Jal wrote:Okay, I don't feel like reading the walls anymore.

Someone straight-up answer me: Is there a card which is unclaimed and do we know its name?

Or did Jake just claim to have some prior unclaimed card?

In post 2186, Jal wrote:Okay, so everyone should know by now that not claiming makes that person most likely scum and they should have claimed. This is all I have been waiting for, thanks.

Right so, 2 railroads give the ability to search for a specific card and see who has it. Yesterday I used it on boardwalk and saw that TBG had it last night.

Tonight, I am looking for Virginia Ave and that person who has it is automatically scum. Please make sure I am protected/watched, whatever. We get scum tomorrow.

I take it this last post was what you were alluding to in Post #2122? Otherwise it would be nice to get that response.

As for #2180, it is kinda important you read those posts, its not terribly verbose and considering we're not really that busy it should be fairly easy read.

Post #2089 is the imoprtant one, which I thought you had read (thus your response in 2180).
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:50 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 2195, Jake from State Farm wrote:None of that explains why I'm the most likely other than you just picking a name out of a hat which is basically what it looks like you did.

Not watching you isn't game throwing. You aren't a town read of mine anymore so it's anti-town to watch someone I don't think is town.

Yes it does! Omfg. What is it that you can not comprehend? Are you just deliberately trying to be frustrating?

I mentioned, SEVERAL FUCKING TIMES, that the person with the most motive, thus the suspicion, with the most reason to hide that particular card is you BECAUSE having two purples would grant YOU an extra ability and that would be at an advantage for scum to hide to that. The only person that thinks that is you. It's really not fucking rocket science and its not that much of a leap to get to that conclusion. There were no magic hats, no fucking darts thrown at a board. So no, its not basically what I did.

As town, not following a town-agreed upon plan because you don't like someone is game-throwing. Especially at such a critical point of the day.

I don't know how trying to repeat myself over and over again on the off-chance it might actually sink in and you understand is anti-town but whatever.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:43 am

I'm less worried about following a town agreed plan then I am catching scum. I already said at least 1 watcher needs to not announce who he is watching. If scum knows who's being watched its easier to plan their kill. If they have to guess who's being watched then it makes it harder for them.
I don't give a shit if anyone agrees with that plan, that's what I'm doing. You call that game throwing but I call that making scum's job more difficult.

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:12 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Then we can direct the scum kill where we want it, that's the while point in the plans - which should be scummy towns whatever their role.

I do think there should be one on Jal though.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”