/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Post by Tammy »

Tierce is town. I'm getting better at this.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by Tammy »

Empire is super town

/easy read
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

Ahem.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 20, Llamarble wrote:
In post 18, Konowa wrote:I'm not. I also couldn't care less that you think that. Pretty confident in this read.

I generally approve of this sort of behavior, but for some reason this gave me a scumping.
The gratuitousness of the "I couldn't care less" bit probably has something to do with it.

VOTE: Konowa

Okay, I know that llamarble has been getting some flack, but I felt goodrich from him on this post. I had the same knee jerk reaction to konowas post, and I realize this is an easy thing to point out, but it made me feel all warm and cozy that someone was thinking along the same lines as me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 227, Benmage wrote:Ahem.

If you brag about having such a flawless scum game you might be an easy read too.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Tammy »

*if you didn't brag...I'm really tired.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 136, Johhog wrote:I'm half inclined to actually do something with my vote, but I don't want penguin_alien to escape by just lurking so this was a completely unnecessary post.

See this is more of what I noticed early on. Why didn't you comment on anything? There's nothing wrong with leaving your vote on penguin, but nothing else worth commenting on?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 149, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 90, Tammy wrote:Empire is town...most likely. I'll be able to tell for sure after an effort post, but first thought is he would be too self-conscious to call himself obvtown, especially in a game with me and tierce and regfan waiting to replace in if necessary. And I doubt he'd bother to be posting in between classes as scum, he'd be far more likely to just put it off.

this is a little ridiculous
a little arrogant
a little town

What me arrogant :shifty: ? No, but seriously. Empire and I are friends and we hydra. Tierce and empire are friends and they hydra and she's caught him as scum. Regfan and empire are really good friends. Empire is probably easier to read than i am. Therefore there's a level of self-consciousness I would expect from him if he were scum. Would he joke around and call himself obvtown? Maybe, but the way he did it seemed natural. He also really hates being scum, probably even more than I do, so if he's catching up between classes of a day when I know he has a long schedule, the likelihood that he's town is really high. As scum, he really just wouldn't care.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Post by Benmage »

Fair enough, I wouldn't trust me either.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by Tammy »

has me leaving town on deasvail. I'm not that confident in my ability to read deas though. I read him wrong in mafia stuck and in ny 160b until the very end. But he's giving me the same feeling as he did in ny146 where I read him correctly. Empire is decent at reading him so I'll rely on that. Konowa knows how to read him to, so I'll be interested in his thoughts on that.

Also, sorry for the spam. Multiquoting is impossible on my iPad and I don't feel like sitting at my computer.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 163, Vi wrote:
In post 156, Empire wrote:I lost a lot of my confidence after Castle Zar: even though I correctly nailed all three scum via a 5 person PoE list, I ended up lynching the two townies in that group which led me to second guess everything pretty hardcore.
And yet you still won.

Keep repeating this mantra to him. Along with he had all scum in his scum pool. He's supposed to be the decisive one in our hydra, and keep my waffling self in check when we're not. :P
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 233, Benmage wrote:Fair enough, I wouldn't trust me either.

Actually though, that probably makes you town.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 1, Votecount 9

Nachomamma8 (1) - N
penguin_alien (3) - Cogito Ergo Sum, Llamarble, Deasvail
Deasvail (1) - Konowa
Shadoweh (1) - WickedestJr
Llamarble (6) - Benmage, Empire, CrashTextDummie, Vi, penguin_alien, Tierce

Johhog (2) - Nachomamma8, Tammy
Empire (1) - Shadoweh

Not voting (1) :
Johhog

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)
  • Tierce is V/la

Last edited by Faraday on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by Tammy »

I was getting a little nervous about ces because he didn't seem to be interested in llamarble at all at first. I remember from team mafia, him catching marble pretty early (I replaced in another game and remember it as early anyway), and then in abarat he pushed him immediately, so him not really taking an interest here threw me off. Anyway, ces is difficult to read and I won't even pretend that I can get a read on him this early in a game, but I feel all right about him right now.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Tammy »

And llamarble is reacting exactly like I remember him reacting in abarat when run up. Basically, "if you guys would just leave me alone and let me towninate myself I'd do so, but you keep irritating me and asking me to repeat myself so I just can't".

So, that and his feeling like I did on konowa's first post makes me feel town, but ces can read him right? Am I on crack?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 197, N wrote:I don't understand the penguin wagon and I refuse to respond to it.

By the way, what's usual scum-numbers for a 16 player game?

This feels like a fake dumb tell, especially considering you were in ny160 which had 15 people with a 3 person scum team and an sk.

And have you made any game relevant commentary yet? I don't remember anything you've said. Not a good sign.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Post by Tammy »

Empire your stil voting llamarble? Why not johhog?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by N »

In post 240, Tammy wrote:
In post 197, N wrote:I don't understand the penguin wagon and I refuse to respond to it.

By the way, what's usual scum-numbers for a 16 player game?

This feels like a fake dumb tell, especially considering you were in ny160 which had 15 people with a 3 person scum team and an sk.

And have you made any game relevant commentary yet? I don't remember anything you've said. Not a good sign.

I was also in Discworld Mafia and have read NY160b, which were also 15 player and had just the three scum.

And you're probably right that I haven't said anything terribly relevant yet.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by N »

I can understand both the Llama and Johhog wagons, but I dunno - Nacho is always scum.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 243, N wrote:I can understand both the Llama and Johhog wagons, but I dunno - Nacho is always scum.

You say you read ny160b (which some at the end of the game said was underpowered anyway) and still say nacho is always scum?

I mean that's fine for an rvs vote, but 10 pages in?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Tammy »

I will happily vote for johhog (why aren't more of you?), N, or maybe penguin alien right now.

Ces what's your read on crash text dummie?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by N »

In post 244, Tammy wrote:
In post 243, N wrote:I can understand both the Llama and Johhog wagons, but I dunno - Nacho is always scum.

You say you read ny160b (which some at the end of the game said was underpowered anyway) and still say nacho is always scum?

I should have made that clearer: he's always scum in games with me.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 246, N wrote:
In post 244, Tammy wrote:

I should have made that clearer: he's always scum in games with me.

And rather than try to analyze his content you're going to try to coast on that.

Kind of like wickedest who keeps showing up at the bottom of the screen (shadowe too) and not posting?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 49, CrashTextDummie wrote:
In post 24, DeasVail wrote:I think we should lynch CTD. Him asking for a massclaim is pretty scummy, especially considering how I've seen him play before.

What meta information are you basing this on? And why do you find suggesting masclaim to be scummy?

At the time of this post, did you find it suspicious that DeasVail voted for you?

@Empire- you said that you found DeasVail's vote for CTD to be suspicious because it seemed lazy and opportunistic. If DeasVail was scum trying to be lazy and opportunistic, then why did you think he would vote for CTD rather than penguin? I'm especially curious considering penguin had received several votes and none of the votes for penguin in RVS were justified.

In post 107, Benmage wrote:
In post 103, Wickedestjr wrote:Benmage, why is CES scum?

He's probably not.

Okay, well why did you say he was, then?

In post 114, Tierce wrote:
In post 103, Wickedestjr wrote:
Unvote. Vote: Shadoweh

-Scum vibes from her first post, in particular the town voting block idea and the comment(s) that accompanied her penguin vote
-Post 50 seems unhelpful/pointless
(I can go into more detail later)
Please do.

-The comment(s) that accompanied her penguin vote struck me as unusually confident (even if it was not serious). I'm not entirely sure why the town voting block idea felt scummy to me. Perhaps it relates to the fact that the suggestion makes the assumption that the other players mentioned are all town or at least demonstrates a lack of interest in determining their allignments (even if it was not serious).
-a.) She calls you obvtown but in the same post she gives herself room to change her mind. Note also that she wasn't even asked to give her read of you- I have no clue why she talked about you in post 50.
b.) IIRC, she asks CTD to reconsider his suspicion of her because Empire, the player CTD had voted, had nullread her. I don't see why that's a reason for CTD to reconsider. I also got the impression that Shadoweh is trying to make her meta defense look like an effort to discern CTD's allignment- that looked suspicious.

I'm actually having second thoughts about this read though...

penguin wrote:I feel like DeasVail's contradictory posts about CrashTextDummie's massclaim idea as a reaction test would have been more useful if he'd committed more, as
doing such an abrupt 180 makes me wonder how much relevant information he mined from it

Can you please elaborate on this (specifically the bolded)? Why do you think an 'abrupt 180' would limit the amount of information that was gained?

@Tierce- why is N probably scum?

Llamarble wrote:Worth mentioning Wjester logged in while I was at L-1, I got an unvote, and Wjester didn't end up posting.

... your point?

Nachomamma wrote:Her being "eh, don't really know what's going on" and not being at all concerned about the votes on her is A+ good and not what I expected if she was scum.

What would you expect if she was scum?

More in a few...
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 244, Tammy wrote:You say you read ny160b (which some at the end of the game said was underpowered anyway) and still say nacho is always scum?

wait you actually believe him when he says things like this?

In post 248, Wickedestjr wrote:What would you expect if she was scum?

not a wagon hop, instead an attack on CES/N where it's nice and safe and she feels she can out-rhetoric the opposition.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”