/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:25 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 447, penguin_alien wrote:Having said that, as far as Vi is concerned right now, I'd put her as leaning town for the way she's posting: not very defensive, willing to vote ahead of the trend WRT N.

I don't think admitting that Vi is bussing N is a very good strategy, penguin.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:36 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 449, Benmage wrote:@Tierce :? ..So Vi, and Shadoweh(shadow being a scum read).. are two people you essentially would never lynch D1. Anyone else on our playlist?

I feel like everyone is an easier read later in the game... why the free pass, I do not get.
Because I clearly have stronger reads. This isn't rocket science.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:01 am

Post by Benmage »

Reads change, no? Even in a single day... and lynches require plausibility. You're the one who said these 2 people specifically you wouldn't want to lynch D1 because you can read them better later days. **You didn't simply say you want to pursue your current/better reads.. but that these 2 would essentially be off the table for D1, even though you have Shadoweh as scum.

Again, are there any other players on our playerlist, like Tammy, myself, Empre that you would specifically want to see their play develop?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 am

Post by Tierce »

...Are you skimming my posts, or what? Yes, reads change, but when I have two strong scumreads that are doing nothing to make themselves look
less
like scum, I'm not about to go out of my way to wagon a person I believe I can read better as time goes on. There is no need for me to spend that effort,
because I already have scumreads
. This isn't a new behavior, you can see me doing it regarding Vi in Otherworld Mafia. I think Shadoweh is easier to figure out on later days, and I am BUSY, so no, I am not about to let N and Konowa go to chase Shadoweh. That would be impressively stupid and cost-inefficient.

And taking into account how busy/V/LA I am, no, I don't need input from people I haven't mentioned, in good part because I am not reading them in full. I mean, seriously,
Empire
? You really aren't reading my posts if you are using him as an example of people I "might" be interested in seeing more from. Empire is Town, the only thing I want from him now is for us to have time to post together and figure stuff out.

It's a Large game, I have a life, and I'm not going to provide reads and/or wagon everyone on D1. Deal with it.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:26 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 452, Benmage wrote:**You didn't simply say you want to pursue your current/better reads.. but that these 2 would essentially be off the table for D1, even though you have Shadoweh as scum.
Honestly, Benmage. What the hell are you smoking? Yes, Shadoweh might be scum, but no, I don't have confidence on this read and I think it will benefit from maturing. I don't think I can read Vi with
any
degree of accuracy on D1, and in this game we have Empire-Town who is probably the most capable of reading that slot. I'm in no rush.

You're the kind of player who looks on certain others with suspicion when they are alive past a certain Day, so what is your problem that someone else is taking an approach that boils down to the same thing?

I'm out of patience for this line of inquiry. Go bother someone else.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:15 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Empire: Read ADwD past Day 5 I think when everyone I liked/that were watching me died and I got extremely bored with posting. It's a game of motivation and optimism! I like to think it's easier to tell then that but I guess I should be happy I actually learned to play scum without being terrible at it.
Pengu: Wagon hoooooooooo *lazy post down*
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 453, Tierce wrote:It's a Large game, I have a life, and I'm not going to provide reads and/or wagon everyone on D1. Deal with it.

In post 454, Tierce wrote:I'm out of patience for this line of inquiry. Go bother someone else.

Tierce go fuck yourself.

This exasperation at my inquiry is quite the theatrics. I aksed a few questions as to why you solely wanted to avoid a couple players. As the reasoning was you get better reads on them for later days.

My point, is everyone becomes better reads later as the game develops. You still haven't answered ****WHO ELSE on the list would fit into the Shadoweh/Vi list of being "untouchable" D1.

I'm not asking for you to attack anyone. I dont get where you jump to me asking you to a full inquiry into these players.

ALL I asked is why did you remove the OPTION completely, and who else would fit in to the removed (criteria).. which I'm still waiting for.

I'm really not asking much here.. I don't get the exasperation. Nor did I ever ask you to stop questioning those you find scummy. (N/Konowoa)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:02 am

Shadoweh, you should push one of {penguin_alien, Vi, N}.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:03 am

Benmage, no one else cares. You shouldn't, either.

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:14 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 456, Benmage wrote:
In post 453, Tierce wrote:It's a Large game, I have a life, and I'm not going to provide reads and/or wagon everyone on D1. Deal with it.

In post 454, Tierce wrote:I'm out of patience for this line of inquiry. Go bother someone else.
Tierce go fuck yourself.

This exasperation at my inquiry is quite the theatrics. I aksed a few questions as to why you solely wanted to avoid a couple players. As the reasoning was you get better reads on them for later days.

My point, is everyone becomes better reads later as the game develops. You still haven't answered ****WHO ELSE on the list would fit into the Shadoweh/Vi list of being "untouchable" D1.

I'm not asking for you to attack anyone. I dont get where you jump to me asking you to a full inquiry into these players.

ALL I asked is why did you remove the OPTION completely, and who else would fit in to the removed (criteria).. which I'm still waiting for.

I'm really not asking much here.. I don't get the exasperation. Nor did I ever ask you to stop questioning those you find scummy. (N/Konowoa)
The question wasn't explicit...?

I can't read CES, but that's hardly new either. (>")> Other than that, I don't think there's anyone I particularly feel like becomes clearer as time goes on
by itself
, at least that I've had that experience with.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Benmage »

Bolding, but I thought it was.
In post 449, Benmage wrote:@Tierce :? ..So Vi, and Shadoweh(shadow being a scum read).. are two people you essentially would never lynch D1.
Anyone else on our playlist?

I feel like everyone is an easier read later in the game... why the free pass, I do not get.

But really, it was the attack that I'm skimming, and the exasperation. When my questioning didn't seem ridiculous, nor time consuming. Mind you... I"M AT WORK. SO we're all fucking busy. And the "go bother someone else".... really... fuck him.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:44 am

Post by Tierce »

I'd be perfectly fine with lynching
you
D1, if that's what you're asking~
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:07 am

Post by Shadoweh »

CES: Votewise CTD is as viable as Pengu right now. I'm not going to vote Vi and I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the way this N wagon is turning out. I still hold hope that the people talking to CTD right now are going to realize he is full of crap and move over.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:17 am

In post 462, Shadoweh wrote:CES: Votewise CTD is as viable as Pengu right now.

That's not true and you're only saying "Votewise" because you know quite well that there is support for a penguinwagon.

People are just going to tune you out if you keep playing the same note.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:42 am

Post by DeasVail »

Sorry about my lack of posting. This is the busiest part of the week for me. From what I've seen though, Llamarble's thing on Penguin is probably a better version of what I was trying to say, so yeah, vote Penguin.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:36 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 461, Tierce wrote:I'd be perfectly fine with lynching
you
D1, if that's what you're asking~

Congratulations you're a bitch. (That is your play style).

GL lynching me D1/ever.

I don't have the personally Tierce bitchy behavior experience. Usually I find her a solid level-headed scumhunter, even if I sometimes misread her as scummy. Tsunami is a Tierce alt aye? (I confuse tierce/tammy at times)

To be honest I'm reading her reaction to me as extremely forced and over the top.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:42 am

Post by Empire »

Tierce is town and this is non-negotiable.

More N votes.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 465, Benmage wrote:GL lynching me D1/ever.
See, now you hit the crux why I don't even bother trying to read Vi on D1. I know I can't, and I know it's pointless because D1 Vi lynches don't happen. And that last post was well-deserved snark, not being bitchy--so tone down the insults, please.

Tsunami is not my alt. The only alt I have is Tyene Sand, and I'm one half of Jabberwock and Sixty. Everything else is under this username.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by Empire »

Glowing optimism sets in after the realization that CES may actually be right about the scumteam (#447).
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 1, Votecount 18

Nachomamma8 (1) - N
penguin_alien (2) - Llamarble, Deasvail
Johhog (2) - Nachomamma8, Tammy
N (5) - Tierce, Vi, CrashTextDummie, Empire, penguin_alien

Vi (2) - Benmage, Cogito Ergo Sum
CrashTextDummie (2) - Shadoweh, WickedestJr
Cogito Ergo Sum (1) - Johhog

Not voting (1) :
Konowa

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)
  • Tierce is V/la

Cut out the insults, please. Keep it civil.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

My eyes are burning from cleaning fluid so I'm probably not going to post tonight. I admit that you're right, CES, and that I will consider moving to penguin soon. He does also have the distinction of having less posts then CTD and I can already see that his posts include:
In post 291, penguin_alien wrote:
After Llamarble, my clearest read echos most everyone else's in that Benmage seems town. I don't know what to make of N, but since the only game I've played with him was with him as scum pulling the wool over my eyes with a fake claim, I don't have a personal point of reference for changes in his style since then. Unless he wants to claim cop with an innocent on me, in which case I do promise I won't make the same mistake twice! :wink: More seriously, when I played with him as scum, he really worked to keep himself clean in contrast to his play here where he's not working to establish himself as pro-town.

and
In post 447, penguin_alien wrote:
Overall, N's posts don't show much scum-hunting and a propensity for side-tracking to my mind. I'm not seeing anything from Llamarble that makes me think town, but N reads rather scummy at present.

UNVOTE: Llamarble
VOTE: N

'he works to keep himself clean, no wait nevermind he's sidetracking and scum.' I also note that he mentioned reading my fine dining work without a read? But eh.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 467, Tierce wrote:I know it's pointless because D1 Vi lynches don't happen.
They try though.

In post 403, Tierce wrote:Gah. I need an hydra buddy or something. I feel like so much of this game is going WOOOOOSH over my head and that I don't know how to play alone anymore. I want to gripe about situations and get someone who reads the parts I skim and the possibility of bouncing ideas back and forth and I just
can't

I'm too scatterbrained for this right now, but eventually I'll probably appropriate the thread to act out a decent hydra discussion with Empire and/or Vi. It feels really damned awkward not being able to talk with either of them about the game as it is ongoing and I keep looking at AIM and pining for brainstorms we cannot have. Even when I currently have no idea what I
would
discuss, I feel like I need it.

Firebird feels very lonely and needs someone to hold her hand/wing/talon/whatever.
/)
(caveat the first: totes done this as scum before, with VP Baltar as victim)
(caveat the second: you've read more of the game for comprehension than I have)

Empire 468 wrote:Glowing optimism sets in after the realization that CES may actually be right about the scumteam (#447).
You're still new at this. You grow out of it eventually.

--

Tierce 418 wrote:Vi, Tammy, T/S
You've seen a lot more Tammy-scum than I have, and from what I've heard I'm not going to be good at reading her.

With that said, T.

--

N 272 wrote:I've noticed in quite a few of my games I've alienated people and gotten myself mislynched, so I'm trying a new thing. I'm not sure what you're exactly expecting from me (have you gotten my meta mixed up with someone else's?), but I can go through the whole thread and make snarky comments if you'd like?
...how is this different? Aside from the greater prevalence of useless posts. On that note,
N 417 wrote:I don't think I am
[fluffy]
. Am I?
Yes. And I am
very
fluffy.

--

Is there a reason people are ignoring Wickedestjr?
Especially with those glasses.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Shadoweh, I was mostly looking for tips on being an SK in that set-up given the quirky role reveal mechanic. Nothing's pinging with your play as congruent with your posts there,so nothing really to say.

And yes, my initial take on N was based on my past play with him. His current play looks scummy to me independent of meta considerations.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Post by N »

In post 446, Empire wrote:
In post 419, N wrote:Oh, is that it? He's sheeping Teirce. Huh, no wonder I missed it.

This isn't a stance on Vi.

I know that and I never said it was. You asked me how I felt about Vi's vote, and I feel that it is sheeping.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by Empire »

In post 473, N wrote:I know that and I never said it was. You asked me how I felt about Vi's vote, and I feel that it is sheeping.

Yeah, ok.

More votes on this guy, please and thanks.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”