Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:45 am

Post by Edosurist »

Hey guys. I'll just confirm here. I wasn't around this weekend, but I am now.
Reading, will post by the end of the day.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:47 am

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

Ai, sorry for being tardy to the party, full time jobs and time zones will do that sort of thing.

Anyway, I had preplanned a nice RVS vote on SafetyDance, complete with puntacular Men Without Hats pun, but alas a quick skim reveals we're getting a little serious now.

So bugger that, I'd better read this thing a little better.

For a start, I'm not a fan of Nobody Special's
"people haven't posted yet, how scummy of them, they must be scum, and that is an adequate defence for me not being scum"
doesn't sit well. Firstly, not everyone late to the game are part of the nefarious scum, drooling at the chaos town have already caused for each other. Secondly, I'd find it just as likely (if not more so) that scum are already posting, just not posting content... just like NS.

FoS @ Nobody Special

I need to read through the pages a bit closer before I throw the votes out, but this page is all about NS dodging questions and making dodgy excuses.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 am

EBWOP: And by
this
page, I meant last page...

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by implosion »

Cub wrote:It seemed productive to me, or at least potentially so, so it didn't ping my scumdar. In any case, you've clearly been posting content since. You're making a huge stretch implying that my response to NS is fake because I didn't respond to you the same way.

Fair enough.

I'm going to withhold an actual read on NS in light of me misreading him in the past. He has a meta which certain people are very, very good at cracking. I am not one of those people (although I've only played with him once or twice).
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 100, Edosurist wrote:Hey guys. I'll just confirm here. I wasn't around this weekend, but I am now.
Reading, will post by the end of the day.

It's only 11 days away, so that's reassuring.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 101, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Ai, sorry for being tardy to the party, full time jobs and time zones will do that sort of thing.

Anyway, I had preplanned a nice RVS vote on SafetyDance, complete with puntacular Men Without Hats pun, but alas a quick skim reveals we're getting a little serious now.

So bugger that, I'd better read this thing a little better.

For a start, I'm not a fan of Nobody Special's
"people haven't posted yet, how scummy of them, they must be scum, and that is an adequate defence for me not being scum"
doesn't sit well. Firstly, not everyone late to the game are part of the nefarious scum, drooling at the chaos town have already caused for each other. Secondly, I'd find it just as likely (if not more so) that scum are already posting, just not posting content... just like NS.

FoS @ Nobody Special

I need to read through the pages a bit closer before I throw the votes out, but this page is all about NS dodging questions and making dodgy excuses.

Hang on, why FOS instead of putting you're vote there? In fact, why would you not, unless you're actually worried about a wagon forming and not wanting to vote your scum buddy

FOS: pieceofpecanpie
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

Oh, did I write FOS? Silly me.

Vote: pieceofpecanpie

I want that bad pun now too :D
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:51 pm

Are you both herp and derp?

SafetyDance wrote:Hang on, why FOS instead of putting you're vote there?

I need to read through the pages a bit closer before I throw the votes out

I've played with NS before, so firstly I'd say his posting is consistent to his meta so less suspicious than most who present that style. Secondly, I don't vote willy nilly (my meta), so I said what I said. I had pages to read more closely and catch up on.

Did you just jump off NS faster than a rutting bull with 99 unmounted heifers in a yard of 100?

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Votecount #3

Cub Diagoro (3) Nobody Special, implosion, Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog (3) Apozzle, Zaicon, Belisarius
Nobody Special (2) Cub Diagoro, goodmorning
pieceofpecanpie (1) SafetyDance
implosion (0)
goodmorning (0)
Zaicon (0)
Edosurist (0)
Apozzle (0)
ac1983fan (0
SafetyDance (0)
Belisarius (0)
Messiah (0)
Not Voting: Edosurist, ac1983fan, pieceofpecanpie, Messiah
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline: Saturday, March 9th 1:00am EST
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 107, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Are you both herp and derp?

I've played with NS before, so firstly I'd say his posting is consistent to his meta so less suspicious than most who present that style. Secondly, I don't vote willy nilly (my meta), so I said what I said. I had pages to read more closely and catch up on.

Did you just jump off NS faster than a rutting bull with 99 unmounted heifers in a yard of 100?

Overreaction much?
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:00 pm

No?

Okay implosion, explain how it makes sense. Since I've overreacted to SafetyDance then you must be with him all the way on his logic, so please enlighten myself and the rest of us.

Here's how I see it.

• - Safety's #98 makes a point of NS' empty posts and lack of content

- I make an introductory post along with a FoS at NS and his empty posts and lack of content and he sticks a vote on him

- Safety in #106 says
    "nuhuh, you can't FoS the guy I voted, you can't agree with me and FoS him, you've got to vote him, so I'm gunna unvote that guy you agreed was suspicious and vote you instead"

So I conclude that Safety's vote on NS was meaningless and he's now thrown out some townie schlock along with a terrible vote. Can you tell a different story?

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 107, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Secondly, I don't vote willy nilly (my meta), so I said what I said. I had pages to read more closely and catch up on.

I don't recall seeing that as such the time I played with you,it seemed about normal people voting speeds actually. (and some of the votes on me did come off quite fast, even if they weren't placed elsewhere)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Post by Messiah »

vote: SafetyDance

Here's why:
In post 105, SafetyDance wrote:Hang on, why FOS instead of putting you're vote there? In fact, why would you not, unless you're actually worried about a wagon forming and not wanting to vote your scum buddy

In this post SafetyDance definitively attributes an action that clearly has the potential for town motivations solely to scum motivations and uses it to justify a vote. In my experience this is a pretty slam dunk tell, so I'm very confident here relative to the length and depth of the game so far. That he did it while already having what he considers a legitimate vote out is just a bonus.

More from me later, I'm exhausted and my eyes are glazing over trying to focus on anything.
It's times like this..
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:12 pm

In post 111, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 107, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Secondly, I don't vote willy nilly (my meta), so I said what I said. I had pages to read more closely and catch up on.

I don't recall seeing that as such the time I played with you,it seemed about normal people voting speeds actually. (and some of the votes on me did come off quite fast, even if they weren't placed elsewhere)

Mmmm, mmm, yes, mmm. Hi again Cheery, how are you, hope you're well.

Do you want to expand on that? Have I goofed or am I lying? Are you surreptitiously trying to slip some suspicion my way or just choosing to stay neutral?

What are your thoughts on Safety? Anything unusual about what he's been doing? I think he's been bad-mouthing triangles behind your back.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Cub Daigoro
Cub Daigoro
Goon
Cub Daigoro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by Cub Daigoro »

SafetyDance has a weird fixation on people being NS's scumbuddies.

Here he is voting me for "busing" NS:
In post 54, SafetyDance wrote:
In post 48, Cub Daigoro wrote:Someone's likely to hit scum in RVS. Why not me?

Oh look, self-confessed bussing.

Vote: Cub Diagoro

Mind you, he hasn't called NS scummy at this point. He prepares for that here:
In post 55, SafetyDance wrote:I completely agree with you, NS. Know this, I will tunnel the fuck out of you today to get you lynched if you start lurking here. Would like to nip this in the bud early. K thx.

And follows through here:
In post 98, SafetyDance wrote:
UNVOTE
VOTE:Nobody Special

Post count is nice but substance would be nice. Don't you have any reads?

Then he hops off that distancing vote, declaring that PPP is now NS's scumbuddy:
In post 105, SafetyDance wrote:Hang on, why FOS instead of putting you're vote there? In fact, why would you not, unless you're actually worried about a wagon forming and not wanting to vote your scum buddy

FOS: pieceofpecanpie

In post 106, SafetyDance wrote:Oh, did I write FOS? Silly me.

Vote: pieceofpecanpie

Conclusion: Safety is NS's scumbuddy.

HoS: SafetyDance
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 113, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 111, Cheery Dog wrote:

Mmmm, mmm, yes, mmm. Hi again Cheery, how are you, hope you're well.

Do you want to expand on that? Have I goofed or am I lying? Are you surreptitiously trying to slip some suspicion my way or just choosing to stay neutral?

What are your thoughts on Safety? Anything unusual about what he's been doing? I think he's been bad-mouthing triangles behind your back.

I haven't checked other games of yours and just gone with a double check of my memory, so your self-meta mention doesn't put you either way. I guess it does mean I will be watching you, but currently it's still null.

I'm not finding Safety that unusual yet, but I'm not finding him excessively usual either, which means I haven't worked out a read on him yet. People complain about other people using FoS's instead of votes all the time, I think it's more just early game stage stuffs.
As long as he isn't comparing them to circles in terms of angles, he can do whatever he wants to triangles.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Post by Edosurist »

I would write my post now, but my computer won't charge, so I'm saving the battery for more important things... no offense to you guys.
In other words, I'm stuck to phone posting.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 109, implosion wrote:
Overreaction much?

No, it's not. I don't like how he asked "why the FoS" literally one line after that question was answered in. I don't like the early advocacy of a policy lynch. What I do like is the points made by Messiah and Cub. I'm not sure which one of them I'm sheeping.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: SafetyDance
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 116, Edosurist wrote:I would write my post now, but my computer won't charge, so I'm saving the battery for more important things... no offense to you guys.
In other words, I'm stuck to phone posting.

You can still do a post on a phone, it just many fail to have quotes, do you have any early reads?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Post by implosion »

pieceofpecanpie wrote:Okay implosion, explain how it makes sense. Since I've overreacted to SafetyDance then you must be with him all the way on his logic

Absolutely not. You can overreact to a completely terrible case. Me saying you overreacted has absolutely no bearing on my opinion of the case in question. I haven't actually read safetydance and i'm busy at the moment but i'll read him later.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:52 am

Well how about you read him and get back to me on my reaction.

I find the swift backpedal nonsensical and slightly troubling. You've had plenty of time to consider the risks on whether to continue your overreaction stance, I'd say you've done just that and decided it isn't worth backing up Safety in this one. It seems impossible to judge my response to Safety
without first
reading Safety's post and vote. Since it wasn't a big post I don't see how you couldn't have done this at the time or done it now.

Everyone if safety flips scum I'd look to implosion as a partner.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:56 am

VOTE: SafetyDance

That hop off NS was ridiculous. You've got some explaining to do.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:24 am

Post by implosion »

pieceofpecanpie wrote:I find the swift backpedal nonsensical and slightly troubling. You've had plenty of time to consider the risks on whether to continue your overreaction stance

If by "plenty of time" you mean six hours, then I guess so? But see, the thing is, I do things in my life
other
than spend every waking hour thinking about mafia. So, yeah. In fact, I'd wager that the majority of my waking hours are *NOT* spent thinking about mafia! Really, criticizing me for not spending those particular six hours thinking about this game when I've been one of the most active posters is patently absurd.

And when I said "I haven't read Safetydance," by "read" i meant "formed a read on." I read his post that you reacted to, and you overreacted kind of ridiculously. Yes, he was wrong. No, that doesn't mean you didn't overreact. Someone could form a case on me based on how they looked at the moon last night and saw angels chiseling my name into it then blanketing the moon with dark maroon ink, and I could still overreact to it.

pecan wrote: I'd say you've done just that and decided it isn't worth backing up Safety in this one.

That's a mighty large assumption considering that you weren't stalking me for the six hours between 109 and 119 (I hope?)

pecan wrote:Everyone if safety flips scum I'd look to implosion as a partner.

I'm actually slightly amused at the fact that you think me not doing things within a span of six hours (and yes, I'm beating a dead horse because it's hilarious) is scummy.

I'll also get to why we shouldn't be partner hunting right now later (I saw someone else claiming someone was NS's scumbuddy too) but alas, I have to head to class.
Cub Daigoro
Cub Daigoro
Goon
Cub Daigoro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:38 am

Post by Cub Daigoro »

In post 122, implosion wrote:we shouldn't be partner hunting right now ... (
I saw someone else claiming someone was NS's scumbuddy too
)

Normally I'd agree, if not for the fact that Safety used the bolded as the basis of two of his three votes. His third vote was on NS himself. He seems awfully confident that NS is going to flip scum.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:22 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 107, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Are you both herp and derp?

It matter how many times you increase the size. You suggested NS was looking scummy but said you hadn't bothered to read the thread yet. Clearly you have been reading otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to write a couple of paragraphs about him and how he may be scummy so clearly you have been paying attention enough to respond to my post. So no, I don't find the 'need to catch up' excuse as valid, when the evidence points to the contrary.

Did you just react to being voted like someone's shoved a hot iron poker up your ass? Yes you did. :roll:

I don't know you so I don't know if counting is your strong suit or if you have troubles with it but in this game, we're given
ONE
Vote. That's means having
two
votes, isn't an option.

Do you think I've suddenly grown less suspicious of NS now? Or don't want him him answering the question I asked of him?

In post 110, pieceofpecanpie wrote:

- Safety in #106 says
"nuhuh, you can't FoS the guy I voted, you can't agree with me and FoS him, you've got to vote him, so I'm gunna unvote that guy you agreed was suspicious and vote you instead"

So I conclude that Safety's vote on NS was meaningless and he's now thrown out some townie schlock along with a terrible vote. Can you tell a different story?

This, to make it clear, is your own paraphrasing. I didn't once say you had to agree with my reasons to vote with NS. You're making it up as you go along now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”