NY 161: Overly-Posh Mafia (POSH WIN - NIGHT X)

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #4450 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by Maestro »

VoteCount #5.02I Am Innocent -
L-4
borkjerfkin, ActionDan, Aj the Epic
ActionDan -
L-1
I Am Innocent, Vifam, UberNinja, Majiffy, Lord Mhork, pirate mollie
Majiffy -
L-6
TheReverend

With 12 alive it takes 7 to Lynch.

Not Voting:
AngryPidgeon, penguin_alien

Activity Overview:
Vifam is V/LA for (expired on 2013-03-04 18:56:00)

Deadline / Bankable Time:
(expired on 2013-03-06 16:32:00)[/mech]
Last edited by Maestro on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4451 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I really think IaI is lying scum here still. But apparently no one sees this. Whatever. I only control one vote.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #4452 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Too lazy to quote all the relevant bits over the last few pages, so here are some footnotes;
1) Mollie scum reads me in about 75% of games. 25% of the time, she's right.
2) Mollie has never played with me in a large. Look at my play in larges; I don't get involved until the numbers start dwindling down. I prefer smaller games, and typically take on larges for interesting themes / new mechanics / other things that suck me in (mods, etc)
3) Good point being made about leaving IaI and Dan alive. Unfortunately we're getting short on time.

Carry on.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4453 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Short on time? We have a week, dude...
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #4454 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Bankable. Do you want to have only 4 IRL days each day phase for the rest of the game?

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4455 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:19 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Oh yeah... Good point. In that respect we are wasting time.

I don't see a reason not to lynch Dan, though, unless someone writes up a very convincing case on IAI
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4456 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Post by TheReverend »

In post 4455, Lord Mhork wrote:I don't see a reason not to lynch Dan, though, unless someone writes up a very convincing case on IAI

lol

He got matt lynched by telling us he was scum when he wasn't.

In post 4451, Aj The Epic wrote:I really think IaI is lying scum here still. But apparently no one sees this. Whatever. I only control one vote.

This post smacks of posturing. IAI has three votes, plus there's me willing to lynch him. You're not alone in wanting him dead. Why are you pretending you are?
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4457 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by TheReverend »

I'm willing to hammer dan by the way. If there's no serious activity in the next 12 hours or so, I'll reluctantly hammer since mhork and mollie are both on this one. We still have penguin and pidgeon holding their votes, so I'll wait for now.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4458 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

'cause he doesn't really want to lynch him?

Rev, is there any reason we shouldn't see how Dan flips and then deal with IAI accordingly? Why the claimed cop first?
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4459 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:36 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Hah! Mhork and Mollie. We could have our own sitcom.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4460 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by TheReverend »

Didn't we already lynch someone he claimed scum on?
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4461 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by TheReverend »

I just feel IAI is more likely scum. If it was 50-50, then dan is the better lynch based purely on the cop getting an extra investigation or forcing scum to kill him.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4462 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:03 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 4368, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 4300, ActionDan wrote:I haven't been in the game since D1. I got back to school and had shit tons of work to do. I was in 5 games at the time and wasn't contributing much across the board. Didn't vote D2 because I didn't feel like it. I'd have voted MattP Zab or JS but didn't really feel confident so I didn't vote. At the end though after Nacho quoted AA's no lynch post I might have voted it. assumed AA9 was noob before so I thought her reading the thread showed townie effort. Saw no-lynch was like, ok. maybe not.

But yet in 2405, the post after you acknowledged the Nacho quoting AA no lynch, you said "...there's a lot of excitement with the claims but just take it a bit slow for now please. I don't want to rush this day. ty."

Interesting to note in 2305 the vote count had AA9 at 4 votes already and tied for the longest wagon. Losing the Roleblocker with a claim cop, no good right? :?

In post 4300, ActionDan wrote:Who's an easy target? Maybe it was the guy who's not been active and called AA9 town D2?

Well first of all, you called her town
D1
from what I can tell. And please don't insinuate you were an easy target, by my count, D2 & D3 had 140 total votes cast, only 1 of which ended up on you. So don't go there.

In post 4300, ActionDan wrote:The scum motivation is in claiming to target Matt. Why would a cop target the guy who himself wanted to be targetted.

The second sentence makes it a bold, but smart move then, to be scum and asked to be investigated, right? Would bold correctly describe Matt? WIFOM is what it is called, and hence why I disregarded Matt's request in the final decision to who to investigate.

I already expressed why I targeted Matt. I let Pirate have alot of say, and actually I agreed with her as Matt's play got steadily worse D3.

In post 4300, ActionDan wrote:As for mollie, you didn't talk about her at all one way or the other. And didn't crumb the result at all before the claim.

If I had concern about being NK'd, I would have crumbed it yes. But with Matt pushing me, I thought 1) if Matt was town, scum would allow this conflict to go on so we'd be left alone and 2) if Matt was scum, a NK of me would have put pressure on him the following day, so that wasn't likely either.

in order:

Your response to the first paragraph doesn't make any point. I didn't want to rush the day because I was hoping I'd have time later to give my input. which didn't happen because I never got that time.

Ok, if I'm not an easy target, (despite the many people including confirmed town declaring that I'm a blind spot) than who is? not once today have you ventured to give any other reads besides trying to defend yourself and push the lynch unto me.

there are in all probability 5 total scum. One of which may or may not have been MattP. You say MattP invoked Wifom. Yet you still chose to indulge in it. If you chose anyone else it was that much more likely you'd get a correct, untampered with result. Instead you took the 50/50 "wifom."

First, any cop should ALWAYS be concerned about getting Nked, vigged, or otherwise unable to communicate the results of the previous nights. THERE ARE NO "BUTS" HERE.

and Second:

your thought process (which no legit cop would even think of "O boy this guy pushing me will determine whether I live or die cuz he's the MATT-FACTOR!") is narrow-minded and pretty obviously made up on the spot. There are a host of other variables that'd be floating in your mind. "Maybe scum know my role and will kill me!" "Maybe scum will kill me to make town matt look bad!" "Maybe Matt scum will kill me so he wouldn't have to beat a dead horse!". "What about all the other people not named Matt? Do they think I'm town or scum, will they push me?" etc etc.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4463 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 4458, Lord Mhork wrote:'cause he doesn't really want to lynch him?

Rev, is there any reason we shouldn't see how Dan flips and then deal with IAI accordingly? Why the claimed cop first?

Rev, is there any reason we shouldn't see how MattP flips and then deal with IAI accordingly? Why the claimed cop first?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4464 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 4236, Majiffy wrote:
In post 4172, Vifam wrote:Why did I write in my own name in that quote

Guiser slip. Moza guised into Vifam.

VOTE: Action Dan
4205 makes a lot of sense.

btw.

Since Majiffy seems not to have any time besides offering this tidbit for the day. I recommend he be lynched after IaI and Vifam.

let me break this post down.

In post 4205, I Am Innocent wrote:At home now.

Here was my thoughts:

1) Matt's flip put one thought in my head. Bus Driver. I've never played with a framer before, but looking that up on wiki I agree that is also a possibility. With town's power, it does makes sense for one of these two to be in the game actually. I realize now that being obvious with the investigation target was not a good idea.

2) With #1 in mind, I wanted to stay away from the likely targets. I looked at D2 again, where AA9 was lynched, and found ActionDan not voting the entire day. His iso matches his predecessors, both as lurkers. That made me feel uneasy. Add in posts like 1217 "ArcAngel is incredibly town now.", I felt this was the best option as well as one of the least to get switched via a bus driver.

3) Got the investigation back, and saw I was still alive. That made me realize scum must think I would be the easy mislynch today. So I sat back, figuring most, but probably not all of the scum would come after me. My hope was AD would be the one who didn't, which would make catching the rest easier. But he was one of the ones pushing, so I came out immediately with my result at that point.

Those are my thoughts/reasons for doing what I've done. It is basically 1 vs 1 at this pt, if I go today, AD goes tomorrow. If AD goes today, I will be confirmed cop and def NK'd tonight. I do not foresee any add'l protective roles, but at least my death will keep the other confirmed townies alive another day.

1) no. "realized now". No way. It doesn't take a genius to realize the counters to a cop role. The most easily reconizable is the Godfather role and it's certainly not a novelty in IaI's mafia career. If IaI had any sense of danger (and you always have this as a cop) maybe he would not have so rashly tried to investigate the guy that wanted to be investigated. The "humble" apology is simply him trying to minimize the inconsistancy by admitting to "bad play"

2) "Likely targets" Who are they? If they are people percieved to be scummy by the town then why hasn't IaI mentioned them at all. Notice there is no "maybe I would have gone for XXXX or possibly YYYY"

3) "My hope" O really? So my reversal in stance wasn't enough to suggest I'd come out against you today? Especially when MattP flipped town. Pure Bullshit. In fact, once MattP flipped town, did you not immediately, and I don't mean after the night phase was over and you were alive, did you not immediately think, "Holy shit, I'm fucked! They'll all think I'm a liar!!!"

No? that thought only mozzy'd on in by the start of today. "Hmm why am I alive? hmmmmmmm. oh Maybe scum will mislynch me. But certainly I shall not let them get away with it!"

PEOPLE. FUCKING. THINK.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4465 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 4437, pirate mollie wrote:uber you really give me a workout do you know that?

I am not sure. IaI's overall play looks much better than dan's. he breadcrumbed early, viewed his top scum read on n1, followed his conf town read's suggestion on n2 and for the most part he reads as genuine. dan's play at the end of yesterday when he was all ack ack ack matt is town looks terrible. and he only developed a sudden interest in the game when he was under fire looks even worse. but something is out of place but maybe it is just you and majiffy and dan. <---- not a lot of associative tells related to you 3.

breadcrumbing early as a cop is crap play, and it fits perfectly with scum setting up a fake claim (you can ask Mhork btw. in newbie 1180 his scum partner Darth Yoshi set up a similar fake Cop breadcrumb). copping your top scum read is also questionable. "hmm I've got a power to determine whether someone is scum or not, let's use it on the guy I already think is totally scum!" You use it on someone you aren't sure about that isn't a town read.

Unlike the rest of you fools I actually have a brain that can go beyond the 1st comforting thought of "oh the claimed cop said that my long-time suspect is scum. Everything is right in the world!" All I did was reevaluate claimed and flipped town power and realized it was too much.

Yeah. You try having someone fake a guilty on you and push for your mislynch, which if it goes through almost certainly hands the game over to scum. I'm still playing to win. I can't believe you're actually saying my renewed effort is "worse than terrible".

Shame on you.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4466 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm

Post by TheReverend »

In post 4462, ActionDan wrote:"What about all the other people not named Matt?

Actually my name is Matt too.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4467 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Reverend, there is so much scum on the Dan wagon, it's fairly obvious what it boils down to. Scum is forcing another lynch by buddying dan. I am starting to completely believe that we've got a IaI/Vifam/two others scum team. Now, here's my issue: Whether or not Dan is scum and being bussed here is irrelevant: If he is bussed, IaI will regain a lot of status by the town. With scum pushing the lynch. The gambit HAS to end. It was shakey on Matt, it's even worse here and I can't believe people are accepting it.

Now, IaI is scum for forging bullshit about other town's people.
Vifam is scum because his posts haven't really been that helpful imo even though he has the most posts here by far. He also completely disregarded the fact that most likely, neither or both kills would be frames, not one or the other.

If I had to guess, the other two scum are between Jiffy/Ninja/Dan. It could be a bus, but Dan's last few posts accumulate to more town things than what IaI has done the whole game.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4468 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:43 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4467, Aj The Epic wrote:Reverend, there is so much scum on the Dan wagon, it's fairly obvious what it boils down to. Scum is forcing another lynch by buddying dan.

o_O

you buddy people by lynching them on d5?

never heard of that

I am starting to completely believe that we've got a IaI/Vifam/two others scum team. Now, here's my issue: Whether or not Dan is scum and being bussed here is irrelevant: If he is bussed, IaI will regain a lot of status by the town. With scum pushing the lynch. The gambit HAS to end. It was shakey on Matt, it's even worse here and I can't believe people are accepting it.

Now, IaI is scum for forging bullshit about other town's people.
Vifam is scum because his posts haven't really been that helpful imo even though he has the most posts here by far. He also completely disregarded the fact that most likely, neither or both kills would be frames, not one or the other.

If I had to guess, the other two scum are between Jiffy/Ninja/Dan. It could be a bus, but Dan's last few posts accumulate to more town things than what IaI has done the whole game.

okay :/
whew!
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #4469 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:47 am

Post by Majiffy »

Nice potshot, Dan. Good to see
your
scumhunting amounts to little more than "he was busy this day phase so we should totes lynch him after the person with a guilty on me".

||
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4470 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:58 am

Post by UberNinja »

i am so sick of this game

can we lynch somebody
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4471 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:02 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4459, Lord Mhork wrote:Hah! Mhork and Mollie. We could have our own sitcom.

believe it or not I did think of this.
whew!
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4472 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:09 am

Post by TheReverend »

Ok well unless we're gonna sit around waiting for penguin and pidgeon to show up on the off chance they want IAI dead instead of dan, consider this post intent to hammer within the next hour or two. We can't waste much more time, so if anyone on the dan wagon intends to flip to IAI, now is the time. I still prefer IAI, but time etc.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4473 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:11 am

Post by UberNinja »

what a very nice fencesitting post that is ^

basically the long and short of it is: IAI looks squeaky clean, Dan looks like shit

therefore we lynch Dan. if he's scum we lynch IAI
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4474 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:11 am

Post by UberNinja »

*if he's
town
we lynch IAI