LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:40 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

Canucklehead17 wrote:
IH wrote:Perhaps Bird1111 also has info on himself?

Also, Canuckle, welcome to the Ether-wagon?
Uhh, thanks? LOL. Since all these first round votes are totally random, it appeared Ether was the one people were piling on.
Canucklehead17 wrote:Because first round votes are completely random. I'm new to this forum, so I have no "oh, I want to get him back for a previous game" excuses. I made a random vote for you earlier, then saw that the voting bandwagon was heaping up on Ether, and decided to hope on board since he was the popular vote.

Was everyone else not voting random on Ether?

Canuckle, after these two posts I stated:
LuckayLuck wrote:It would be a brilliant play as mafia, but Canucklehead has invoked the "new player townie tell." I will not be voting for him anytime soon.
This is because your first two posts are things that mafia never post, unless they're playing WIFOM. You're too new (based on join date) to be playing the WIFOM card. You are a new player to mafia, and you are a townie.

Canucklehead17 wrote:LL, thanks for the defense thus far. I hope you won't think less of me, but seeing as mafia is a game of suspicion...

I suspect I may be getting set up. Let's say, theoretically, that you're scum. It would be a sneaky strategy if you were to protect me all day from IH, and then kill off IH tonight. Suddenly, tomorrow, people are thinking the new guy slipped up and killed off the main guy accusing him. So there I go.

FoS: LL
After saying this, I responded:
LuckayLuck wrote:Canucklehead: FoSing me makes me think more of you. Good work. :p
You further cemented your townie-ness with me.

You keep giving off townie tells everywhere:
Canucklehead17 wrote:Well, everyone's methods and 'fishing' are fascinating, but we're still not really finding anyone who's scum yet.
Canucklehead17 wrote:I've re-read what I posted and it was kind've vague. Here's what I meant.

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that IH was scum. So he decides in order to REALLY act like a townie, he should employ this technique known as fishing. So he starts fishing, throwing suspicion everywhere EXCEPT to him.

Another point would be that we spend all this time looking for a reaction, and anyone who gives any kind of reaction gets hammered, while the mafia sits back, takes it easy, and gets off free.

As far as opinions on any players, I have to say LL confuses the living daylights out of me. He(or she, sorry I don't remember LL) always has some kind of unfounded suspicion, and it takes a full length editorial to explain.

Another player I have a bit of an opinion on is IH. Chiefly, he is the man 'fisherman' of the bunch. :P He seems to be ok though, just tries to make things a bit too technical.

I wish the forum hadn't gone down so much, it's hard to make accurate judgments with these week long breaks in between posts, y'know?
Canucklehead17 wrote:I'd be most happy to oblige.

My definition of fishing, as I understand it the way it's been used and explained on here(it's a new concept to me actually) is that you throw out a statement that is accusing in tone, and then wait to see my reaction. If the reaction is tense and harsh, you judge me as being defensive, and direct suspicions towards me or whoever you are fishing for right then. (BTW, if my definition of fishing is wrong, by all means correct me, because it is a new concept)

For instance, when I joined the "Ether-wagon", you said "Canuckle, welcome to the Ether bandwagon?". After hearing the comments afterwards, it seemed to me like you were trying to gain a reaction. The question(to me) seemed to say "That seems awful scummy that you'd simply follow the crowd". Which is kind've hypocritical, considering several others were jumping on the bandwagon as well.

But you're not the only one. SS was doing it a good bit as well. Sorry if I used you as an example TOO much.
Canucklehead17 wrote:Oh I understand that. I just don't see how it's helping the town. We're confusing ourselves pretty early here, and I think the chief cause is because of the paranoia of people 'fishing'.

And I never said YOU were suspicious. In fact, if you read three or four posts above, I said that you seemed ok.
After this series of 3 posts, all of which rang off the townie bells in my head, I once again stated my very strong opinion:
LuckayLuck wrote:Just to let you guys know, I think that Canucklehead is a townie.
that is all.

Canucklehead, if you aren't a townie, you are the best mafia-role new mafia player of all time. You would be a prodigy.

You do not even need to be peeked by the seer to be a confirmed townie at this point. You're a townie. Townie townie townie.

By the way, if I die, and I'm a seer, I peeked Canucklehead17. Canuckle is a townie.
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:41 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

Ether is a townie too. I didn't get two peeks, and if I'm a seer, I didn't peek Ether, but I'm nearly sure Ether is a townie.
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:55 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

I just really wanted to drill in the FACT that Canucklehead is a townie. Townie townie townie. 99.9% sure. If he isn't a townie I just may quit playing mafia on this site out of pure shame. (This does not apply to Ether, though)

Also, I'm not as sure of IH as I am of Canuckle & Ether, but IH is also most likely a townie.

Mariyta is above average chance to be townie. Just to let you guys know.
HackerHuck has slightly (barely) above chance to be townie.

All others are fair game at the moment! I advise putting the bandwagon on THE SILENT SPEAKER!
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:56 am

Post by IH »

Luckay, I have something that will ROCK YOUR WORLD (Other than I like the cup holders)

If Canuckle is scum, then he is sure to have partners. Partners he has talked with. Partners who perhaps told him to do as such.

Another way Canuckle could be knowing what he's doing. READING OTHER GAMES.

Yet ANOTHER way. He's played on a DIFFERENT site.

Also, there is a wiki describing logical fallacies, and WIFOM is one of them, not to mention general tips about playing as scum and as town.

There are so many unknowns which we can't take for granted, that all newbie town tells such as these are complete crap. If you look at 'town' tells, you will notice it delves into the minds habits. This is such a broad spectrum, that it is all but impossible to have as such.

Scum tells, on the other hand, deal with lying, misrepresentation, contradictions, and things of this nature. This does not deal with the psyche, but with actions that indicate hiding something. I will keep my vote on LuckayLuck for the time being, if only for the implications of a "new town tell"
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:53 am

Post by Twito »

I just read everything since page 2.. All I got is a headache.

LL has to die.

unvote

Vote: LL
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:54 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

vote: the silent speaker wrote:You have a better conclusion from it? I'm not saying it's the end-all of suspicion, but for day 1 it's surely better than nothing.
whenever I random vote, I usually have a reason for doing so, even if the reason's based on the name or because I've never played with them before. As much as I don't want to touch the whole, "HE'S A FUCKING TOWNIE!!!!!!!!" thing with Canucklehead, I think he's townie. I don't think he's a prodigy if he is scum, but it's not out of the question that he is scum either.
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:56 am

Post by Twito »

Oh yeah and for the reasons why he has to die:

- I smell a cop claim coming
- He is completely irrational
- He gave me a headache
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]

Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:57 am

Post by Twito »

And obviously that points to him being scum.

- He is scum
Show

Cardinal Ibelly
Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:06 am

Post by Cardinal Ibelly »

The Official “Complaints Choir!” Vote Count!

LuckayLuck – 4 – HackerHuck, IH, Canucklehead17, Twito
Ether – 3 – Bogre, Fritzler, Cogito Ergo Sum
the silent speaker – 3 – Save The Dragons, VitaminR, LuckayLuck

Canucklehead17 – 2 – the silent speaker, Ether

Arafax – 1 – PookyTheMagicalBear
bird1111 – 1 – bird1111
HackerHuck – 1 – Thok
IH – 1 – Nightson
Mariyta – 1 – Jack
Nightson – 1 – Mariyta
TheEyeofMordor – 1 – TheEyeofMordor

With
alive, it takes
to use a tranquilizer on somebody so they won’t complain.

Busy watching the slugs eat their lettuce – 3 – Arafax, Maz Medias, Sotty7

Mod Note: Prods will be sent on Monday. My computer takes so very long. It’s not fair.

Why me?
Cardinal Ibelly says:

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3983]Replace into Royal Family Mafia Today![/url]
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:46 am

Post by Mariyta »

Unvote

Not really feeling any of the wagons right now. Don't see much of a reason to vote any of them (Well, LL talks too much and is insane, but that's not a good reason to vote.)
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:19 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

IH wrote:If Canuckle is scum, then he is sure to have partners. Partners he has talked with. Partners who perhaps told him to do as such.
I submit to you that it is impossible for scum partners to have rehearsed in this great detail with Canuckle with how to give off townie tells to this extent.
IH wrote:Another way Canuckle could be knowing what he's doing. READING OTHER GAMES.

Yet ANOTHER way. He's played on a DIFFERENT site.

Also, there is a wiki describing logical fallacies, and WIFOM is one of them, not to mention general tips about playing as scum and as town.

There are so many unknowns which we can't take for granted, that all newbie town tells such as these are complete crap. If you look at 'town' tells, you will notice it delves into the minds habits. This is such a broad spectrum, that it is all but impossible to have as such.
This is the thing, though...I've pinpointed his mind down exactly to the dot. He may or may not have read the wiki, he may or may not have read other games. However, I am willing to bet that he has not played many online mafia games so far, just based on his posting style early on. GIVEN the information that he has not played many online mafia games so far, I can READ INTO HIS SOUL and see that he is a new-ish player, and that he is a townie.

Can we vote for the silent speaker now? :D
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:24 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

Actually, I'm going to further persue this topic to ROCK YOUR WORLD.
Canucklehead wrote:Uhh, thanks? LOL. Since all these first round votes are totally random, it appeared Ether was the one people were piling on.
From this post alone, it doesn't take an expert to see that Canuckle hasn't played many online mafia games so far. Look at the explanation behind the vote. He voted for Ether because "a lot of other people were voting for her." He says that! So now that we have established that he has, in fact, not played many online mafia games so far (and I'm sure Canuckle can back me up here and say that he hasn't played much, if any, on other sites, because my read on him is THAT strong)...
Canucklehead wrote:LL, thanks for the defense thus far. I hope you won't think less of me, but seeing as mafia is a game of suspicion...

I suspect I may be getting set up. Let's say, theoretically, that you're scum. It would be a sneaky strategy if you were to protect me all day from IH, and then kill off IH tonight. Suddenly, tomorrow, people are thinking the new guy slipped up and killed off the main guy accusing him. So there I go.

FoS: LL
It is impossible for a newish player to make this post as a mafia. It is impossible for the newish player to suspect that he's getting set up, when he is mafia. This is IMPOSSIBLE.

Canuckle is 99.99% townie.

My logic is irrefutable!

Can we vote for the silent speaker now?
Canucklehead17
Canucklehead17
Goon
Canucklehead17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by Canucklehead17 »

You can
read into my soul???

Ok yeah, you've officially begun to freak me out. Honestly, take it easy eh? You're straining yourself.

As far as what IH said in response to LL....THANK YOU! I've been thinking all of those things for quite a while, and I don't expect to be taken for a townie just because I would be waaaay too good as a mafia.

That's some very....thought out logic there LL, but again, I think you're trying a bit too hard, and you're heading for a lynching if you keep it up methinks.
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:04 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

Canucklehead: answer this question. The only way for me to differentiate me from a nut to someone who actually thought this through is if I am correct in this assumption. If I am right on this one, then you have to assume that I at least am not straining.

I am assuming that you have not played many online mafia games so far. I have no way to tell, because the search function is broken, but your joined date + posting style indicate that you're new. I am drawing my conclusions from the fact that you are new.

Are you new-ish to online mafia, Canuckle?
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:18 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

There is much in Luckay's recent posts I disagree with -- for one thing, a new player would meseems be more likely to make an inadvertent presentation of WIFOM as sound logic, not less -- but Twito's attempt to shut up the loud player definitely makes me wonder about him.

Looking back, it seems I misunderstood the post of Canucklehead's that I took for talking out of both sides of his mouth. He seems to have meant that his
initial
vote, not the bandwagon hopper, was random. It's still a little disingenuous, given that he recognized that ether was "the popular vote" completely randomly, but sufficiently not-as-bad-as-I-thought to warrant an
unvote: Canucklehead, vote: Twito
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:57 pm

Post by IH »

Actually LL, I am about to rock your world.

I would say that newer players would be more LIKELY to think that someone is going to set them up. It's not usually done, so newer players wouldn't know that it's not a common strategy. It seems like an easy way to throw suspicion on someone. Your logic is refutable, because you cannot read
minds

Also, I would like to
Unvote, vote:Twito
. Twito's reasons for voting LL aren't convincing at all.

He is completely irrational? Actually if you'd read all of his posts, you'll see that the strategy of keeping a closer eye on players you would say are more townie (I'm assuming that's what he does when he "confirms" them, thats how I understood it) isn't all that bad. The townie tells on the other hand are dangerous and unreliable I would say.

He makes your head hurt? Well if he's completely irrational, then your head shouldn't hurt, because you'd say he'd be talking nonsense.

You smell a cop claim coming? I don't, as I've seen more of his playstyle, but I'm going to go with it wouldn't be illogical for him to be a cop from some things he's said, and it's a chance for you to lynch him instead of wasting a nightkill on him.
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:58 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

unvote: the silent speaker

vote: Bogre
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:00 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

IH wrote:Actually LL, I am about to rock your world.

I would say that newer players would be more LIKELY to think that someone is going to set them up. It's not usually done, so newer players wouldn't know that it's not a common strategy. It seems like an easy way to throw suspicion on someone. Your logic is refutable, because you cannot read
minds
IH, I will agree to disagree with you here.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:00 pm

Post by IH »

other than I KNOW that Bogre is a dirty filthy lurker from previous experience...

any reason why?
LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
LuckayLuck
You're a townie
You're a townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:03 pm

Post by LuckayLuck »

IH wrote:other than I KNOW that Bogre is a dirty filthy lurker from previous experience...

any reason why?
Earlier, I said:
LuckayLuck wrote:Silent Speaker,
the silent speaker wrote:So... not random, then. Unvote: Ether, vote: Canucklehead.
This looks mafia-ish.

Also, you were the first vote on Ether, who at the time of my suspicion, had the highest bandwagon. The "first day first wave mafia bandwagon" theorem dictates that there is usually exactly one mafia on the first 4-vote wagon on day1, and the 4th vote is not a mafia. IH is townie, and Ether is townie, thus: it's either you or Bogre.

FOS: Bogre

P.S. I'm a nut, but not crazy

I have decided that the silent speaker is not as good a lynch now. I prefer Bogre now.
Canucklehead17
Canucklehead17
Goon
Canucklehead17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:27 pm

Post by Canucklehead17 »

LuckayLuck wrote:Canucklehead: answer this question. The only way for me to differentiate me from a nut to someone who actually thought this through is if I am correct in this assumption. If I am right on this one, then you have to assume that I at least am not straining.

I am assuming that you have not played many online mafia games so far. I have no way to tell, because the search function is broken, but your joined date + posting style indicate that you're new. I am drawing my conclusions from the fact that you are new.

Are you new-ish to online mafia, Canuckle?
Ehh, I suppose so. I started playing online mafia a month or two ago, some on here, some elsewhere.
TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:25 pm

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

LuckayLuck is way too random for my tastes.
Vote: LuckayLuck
In the name of Mark Lazarus....
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:07 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Luckay, please confirm my understanding of your logic behind Bogre being scum.

1. Ether is town
2. The Ether bandwagon is the "first day first wave mafia bandwagon" and it consisted of these votes (in order of placement): SilentSpeaker, IH, Bogre, Fritzler, CES, Canucklehead
3. One (and only one) voter on the "first day first wave mafia bandwagon" is scum.
4. Fourth vote is not scum (Clears Fritzler)
5. IH is not scum
6. Between SilentSpeaker and Bogre, you fancy Bogre as scum.

Assuming the above is correct, I have a few questions.
Do your numbers apply to games of all sizes or do you scale it accordingly?
Why are you so certain of Ether's innocence? Is it her singing or your spreadsheet?
Same question about IH, except for the singing.
Why no mention of CES? He should be one of your options unless he's considered town.
"Can we vote for the silent speaker now?" was posted twice in closing your posts and now you've flipped over to Bogre. That's the explanation I'm most curious about now. Why is Bogre suddenly more suspicious than SilentSpeaker?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 pm

Post by Jack »

Unvote, Vote:Twito

It's a better wagon than LL
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:50 am

Post by Twito »

IH wrote:Actually if you'd read all of his posts
I did read all his posts.
IH wrote:He makes your head hurt?
Yes I really got a headache during reread.
IH wrote:You smell a cop claim coming? I don't, as I've seen more of his playstyle, but I'm going to go with it wouldn't be illogical for him to be a cop from some things he's said, and it's a chance for you to lynch him instead of wasting a nightkill on him.
My first game with him. And..
Jack wrote:Unvote, Vote:Twito

It's a better wagon than LL
The reason for voting me?
And why you feel like you have to be on one of the wagons?
LL wrote:unvote: the silent speaker
vote: Bogre
Why you felt the need to change that vote now? Some reasons please? I can see one post of TSS between yours "can we lynch SS now?" And change to Bogre. That's what changed your mind?
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”