Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

In post 112, Aj The Epic wrote:So, Yates' 111 makes him confirmed town.

VOTE: Serrapaladin

This is sarcasm? I could totally see that .. /sarcasm
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by kiwieagle »

In post 82, leviathan93 wrote:@kiwieagle.

1. i am different because i have left my vote on someone that i see as a possibility of scum and until seen otherwise that they are very townish i'm going to think that they could be.

2. I am also different because i'm not voting someone who voted me. those kind of votes are completely stupid and pointless and don't mean shit.

@all

I did not catch a soft claim

however, I do agree with Human against fuzzy nuts that even if there was a soft claim you don't point it out. i see that a person was maybe trying to hint to town at a claim, or something. also i don't believe that soft claiming regardless of whether its early in the game or late or in the middle is inherently scummy. it could be a strategy chosen by either alignment. can't be the only deciding factor about whether they are scummy.

You are not different at all.
Your vote is "completely stupid and pointless and don't mean shit"

Also
Vote Fuzzy

Hes done way too much retarded shit.
First, he does the OMG SOFTCLAIM HERP DERP.
Then, he does OMG HOW DID YOU KNOW HE WAS V/LA HERP DERP.

He looks like scum trying to find easy targets but failing because hes bad at it.
Not never dead.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 122, Yates wrote:
In post 113, serrapaladin wrote:What do you think leviathan meant then?

Inertia. Objects at rest and all that. Once a vote is placed, it is easier to let the vote sit until there is reason strong enough to MOVE the vote.

Take my vote on you, for example. What do you think it would take to get me to change my vote? You haven't really given me a reason to move my vote. No one has provided a better case at this point to make me move my vote of my own accord. So here it sits. Inertia.

I meant this

but this

In post 124, serrapaladin wrote:That's really not what he said though, is it? In the sentence I quoted, he states:
a) He has left his RVS vote as he sees the possibility of HD being scum
b) He will keep seeing the possibility (and, I conclude, not move his vote) unless HD does something very townish

I question why his RVS vote should carry so much inertia.

Let me quote it again:
In post 82, leviathan93 wrote:i am different because
i have left my vote on someone that i see as a possibility of scum
and
until seen otherwise that they are very townish i'm going to think that they could be

is an understandable point. i did mean inertia. there IS a possibility of everyone being scum therefore until i think they did something towny i can possibly consider them scummy. i did use the phrase VERY TOWNY you are correct. but i also assumed at the time that I would be a judge of that and what i meant by it was that until some worthwhile evidence suggests that they be town then i will consider them that possibility. i use the word very to convey worthwhile and all that.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 127, leviathan93 wrote:but this... [quotes serrapaladin] is an understandable point.

Which is what makes it scummy and a misrep. Scum will twist words because they aren't 100% clear and present an opportunity. Does not fly.
He puts words in your mouth then says "woah dude I was just asking a question." Does not fly.
Now he's trying to engage me in an attempt at defining how he can get away with this nonsense later if he isn't lynched now. Does not fly.

I'm not a serrapaladin fan right now and feel better about my vote with each post.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: serrapaladin

Because putting a question mark at the end of a sentence totally doesn't make it a misrep. :igmeou:
Are you ready for this?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Yates »

Yeah buddy.
Please pm me to pre-in
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

For the record, as town, one would realize "Oh whoops, I misrepped you." and backtrack.

serra is being stubborn and sticky scum trying to hang on with every last ounce of his body to his levi vote.
Are you ready for this?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Yates »

@ Mod
- As much as it disheartens me to have to ask this of you, in regards to my dear sweet friend -L- might we have a prod or replace? Thank you kindly.
Please pm me to pre-in
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 128, Yates wrote:
In post 127, leviathan93 wrote:but this... [quotes serrapaladin] is an understandable point.

Which is what makes it scummy and a misrep. Scum will twist words because they aren't 100% clear and present an opportunity. Does not fly.
He puts words in your mouth then says "woah dude I was just asking a question." Does not fly.
Now he's trying to engage me in an attempt at defining how he can get away with this nonsense later if he isn't lynched now. Does not fly.

I'm not a serrapaladin fan right now and feel better about my vote with each post.

I very much agree with this

UNVOTE:
VOTE: serrapaladin
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 128, Yates wrote:Now he's trying to engage me in an attempt at defining how he can get away with this nonsense later if he isn't lynched now. Does not fly.

In post 131, Human Destroyer wrote:serra is being stubborn and sticky scum trying to hang on with every last ounce of his body to his levi vote.

So apparently I'm being lynched for asking a harmless question sharply. :?

leviathan sheeping Yates after agreeing my interpretation was a reasonable one to make is awful.

Might post a rant against Yates & HD some time tomorrow, in the mean time town should listen to kiwi, his posts actually make sense.
Wandering but not lost
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 126, kiwieagle wrote:
In post 82, leviathan93 wrote:@kiwieagle.

1. i am different because i have left my vote on someone that i see as a possibility of scum and until seen otherwise that they are very townish i'm going to think that they could be.

2. I am also different because i'm not voting someone who voted me. those kind of votes are completely stupid and pointless and don't mean shit.

@all

I did not catch a soft claim

however, I do agree with Human against fuzzy nuts that even if there was a soft claim you don't point it out. i see that a person was maybe trying to hint to town at a claim, or something. also i don't believe that soft claiming regardless of whether its early in the game or late or in the middle is inherently scummy. it could be a strategy chosen by either alignment. can't be the only deciding factor about whether they are scummy.

You are not different at all.
Your vote is "completely stupid and pointless and don't mean shit"

Also
Vote Fuzzy

Hes done way too much retarded shit.
First, he does the OMG SOFTCLAIM HERP DERP.
Then, he does OMG HOW DID YOU KNOW HE WAS V/LA HERP DERP.

He looks like scum trying to find easy targets but failing because hes bad at it.

lol I can assure you if I was scum, i'd have a better argument than that.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Also, I'd like you to note how I never voted for Mhork. So tell me, how am I trying to push a lynch?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 134, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 128, Yates wrote:Now he's trying to engage me in an attempt at defining how he can get away with this nonsense later if he isn't lynched now. Does not fly.

In post 131, Human Destroyer wrote:serra is being stubborn and sticky scum trying to hang on with every last ounce of his body to his levi vote.

So apparently I'm being lynched for asking a harmless question sharply. :?

leviathan sheeping Yates after agreeing my interpretation was a reasonable one to make is awful.

Might post a rant against Yates & HD some time tomorrow, in the mean time town should listen to kiwi, his posts actually make sense.

its not sheeping to agree. you DID twist my words around. yes it was POSSIBLE to get that interpretation but not what i was going for. you basically were trying to make me look bad.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 136, fuzzybutternut wrote:Also, I'd like you to note how I never voted for Mhork. So tell me, how am I trying to push a lynch?

Did you and serrapaladin go to mafia school together? Trying to pretend like you can't push a lynch without actually voting for someone is in the top 3 dumbest things I've seen today. And I saw a woman texting on her phone walk into a glass door that she has probably walked through 1,000 times before, so that's saying something. How about this; how is it that 9 posts in a row of your ISO referred to AJ's "softclaim" and how bad it was WITHOUT pushing his lynch? Because actually, that's probably scummier than if you had put your money where your mouth hole is. And it all culminated with this gem:
In post 72, fuzzybutternut wrote:I have seen you play town though, and I don't remember anything like that coming from you

Are you going to have us believe that you honestly weren't pushing for [or at LEAST testing] an AJ lynch after accusing him of exhibiting behavior that "Town AJ" doesn't exhibit?
FoS: fuzzy

You two are like the Abbott and Costello of this game and it has me concerned because I can no longer discern if it's because you are scum, you're trolling us, or you're just not playing well. If you are Town, step it up and stop reaching into your diaper and flinging stuff like this up on the screen.

I'm out to wash my hands. I feel filthy.
Please pm me to pre-in
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

I'll say this slowly- If I would have thought Mhork was scum, I would have voted him right then and there. I wasn't pushing a Lynch, I was asking a question. Pressuring, trying to figure out how he could know something that was never posted. Am I the only one that finds something off about that?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by Yates »

I'll say this slowly - you can't say this:
In post 139, fuzzybutternut wrote:If I would have thought Mhork was scum, I would have voted him right then and there. I wasn't pushing a Lynch, I was asking a question.

And this:
In post 139, fuzzybutternut wrote:Pressuring, trying to figure out how he could know something that was never posted. Am I the only one that finds something off about that?
...in the same post! You just contradicted yourself. You say in the first quote you are just asking a question - not pushing a lynch. Then in the second quote you say you are trying to pressure him and that there's something "off" about him.

Here's the thing, fuzzy, "pressure" is a form of pushing a lynch. Asking a "question" about something you find "off" is a form of pushing a lynch. Inserting meta ["you don't do this as Town"] is a form of pushing a lynch. So stop saying you weren't pushing an AJ lynch because you are lying. In this game, we lynch all liars because lying is inherently antiTown.
Please pm me to pre-in
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Pressuring =/= pushing a lynch. How they deal with the pressuring determines whether or not they are lynched. Asking a question about something you find off is kind of how this game is played. You see something odd, you question it, and the answer to it may or may not determine your alignment.
LAL is a policy lynch, which is something I'm against.
I haven't lied about anything, nor have I contradicted myself in any way, shape, or form.
If I was pushing for Mhorks lynch, I would vote him, and I wouldn't unvote him until he was dead, while also gathering reason after reason on why everyone else should vote him. That's pushing a lynch.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by Yates »

Alright. I'm not going to argue semantics. To me, pressuring=pushing a lynch. You can't effectively pressure if there is no pressure. The only pressure in this game is the threat of being lynched. Therefore, the only way to apply pressure is to push for a lynch. What I found weird about you was that you were "pressuring" without actually applying pressure via your vote.
Please pm me to pre-in
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

@Piggy: Could we get a votecount please?

@Fuzzy: haven't looked into your Meta yet but I'm curious to know your background in playing Mafia. Have you played off site? How many games have you played in total?

Totally getting a town read off Yates, which is strange because I haven't been able to read him well in the past. I like where he's going with this but I'm still not down with a fuzzy lynch.

Mhork's original accusation on page 1 still looks suspect. Aj is still making no sense to me. Every post feels defensive.
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 143, Mr_Ree wrote:Totally getting a town read off Yates, which is strange because I haven't been able to read him well in the past.

Have we been in anything besides Karma and Inbetweeners?

I was a Cop replaced after two posts in Karma and I was VT while you were scum in Inbetweeners. I appreciate the Town read but I'm a little confused about the meta data. Also, I'm FoS on Fuzzy but voting his bro serrapaladin. To me, serra is still scummier than fuzzy is derp.
Please pm me to pre-in
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

@Mr_Ree- I've never played Mafia off this site before, but you can check my Wiki for all my games thus far. I've played 3 full games (not including marathon) and I'm currently in two. I don't have *much* experience with the game, to be honest.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 143, Mr_Ree wrote:Aj is still making no sense to me. Every post feels defensive.

Get used to it. I generally sit a bit before looking who needs a case. I really don't think Fuzzy needs one. I much prefer a serrapaladin lynch at the moment. But, you'll be the first to know when I decide to attack someone. I'll put you on speed dial.

Look, yeah, Yates is probably town. We don't need to preach that to the world, most people with eyes can see that.

Yates, what connection do you see between a serra/fuzzy team? I see the page 1/2 attacks from Serra, so unless you see that as a distancing tactic, I don't understand where you see a team here.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

I'm willing to accept Yates as town for now.

Brb. ISOing something.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Is there really a possibility of more than 2 scum in this setup, or did Levy just town tell really hard in post 127?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 146, Aj The Epic wrote:Yates, what connection do you see between a serra/fuzzy team?

I wasn't being literal when I called serra his "bro." That's a call back to when I referred to them as Abbot and Costello.
Please pm me to pre-in

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”