pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:47 am

Post by pidgey »

lol, i Actually was just talking to mcqueen in that post SoO, i dunno why i got your acronym by typing "So". Stupid cellphone.
I still think mcqueen saying silenced scum is good is stupidly scummy and his new thing about the cult thing is also cringeworthy so will keep my vote there for now.
SoO join me and Icerint in a FF6 crusade....

Anyway, RVS talk is just talk. Nothing townie or scummy comes out of that. I've said it in other games, but stuff like mafia theory is something that one would talk the truth about, regarding of role. Take HarryPotter/MetalGear theme game, where we talked about leashing an SK. I'm pretty sure that RVS talk is just stupid and we should stop.

Oversoul saying we should fucking massclaim in a game with a cult and an undisclosed amount of maria with uncertain amount of roles, saying there are no VT when the opening post states otherwise, is scummy as fuck though. And im pretty sure oversoul isnt dumb enough, so i find it very scummy that he even suggested it.
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 am

Post by pidgey »

munkyman's vote looks pretty damn weird too.
-----------------
Sup
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:11 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

In post 150, pidgey wrote:lol, i Actually was just talking to mcqueen in that post SoO, i dunno why i got your acronym by typing "So". Stupid cellphone.

haha..i'll still just pretend you wanted my input...

pidgey wrote:SoO join me and Icerint in a FF6 crusade....

yeh boyeee..we just have to make up for our town loss from that game, so the pressure is on. Actually glad that Iec was able to get squeezed in on this one...

pidgey wrote:Oversoul saying we should fucking massclaim in a game with a cult and an undisclosed amount of maria with uncertain amount of roles, saying there are no VT when the opening post states otherwise, is scummy as fuck though. And im pretty sure oversoul isnt dumb enough, so i find it very scummy that he even suggested it.

meh...the actual sign up thread was advertised as role-madness, so i won't really hold it against him just yet...
although i will say that mass claim is probably a bad idea:
CHK wrote:This game is role madness (No VTs). There IS a cult in this game. Aside from that, there are no "bastard" mod things (jesters, et cetera) in this game. Enjoy!
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:33 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 149, penguin_alien wrote:Iecerint, why does mcqueen being interested in the cult in a game that's set up around having one in play seem so bizarre to you? Yes, he could be pretending not to know about some of the ins and outs to throw us off, but his questions thus far seem organic.

Tbf I had already forgotten about the cult by the time I was reading the thread, so the contrast with my own experience was salient to me.

Fits with either mcqueen being cult, or being mafia who is mindful of the known competition. I learn the latter for his "it is good for both town and mafia" language.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 150, pidgey wrote:Oversoul saying we should fucking massclaim in a game with a cult and an undisclosed amount of maria with uncertain amount of roles, saying there are no VT when the opening post states otherwise, is scummy as fuck though. And im pretty sure oversoul isnt dumb enough, so i find it very scummy that he even suggested it.

Idk, I think that was too over-the-top to come from scum, unless the scum were dumbdumbdumb.

It can actually be good to massclaim sometimes in set-ups that are very power-role heavy. I think Oversoul was thinking about the vagaries of the set-up and thinking outside-the-box a little.

I think our being reminded about the cult probably shuts down the utility in this case, though.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 153, Iecerint wrote:
In post 149, penguin_alien wrote:Iecerint, why does mcqueen being interested in the cult in a game that's set up around having one in play seem so bizarre to you? Yes, he could be pretending not to know about some of the ins and outs to throw us off, but his questions thus far seem organic.

Tbf I had already forgotten about the cult by the time I was reading the thread, so the contrast with my own experience was salient to me.

Fits with either mcqueen being cult, or being mafia who is mindful of the known competition. I
lean
the latter for his "it is good for both town and mafia" language.

EBWOP
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:50 am

Post by Iecerint »

I think pidgey, sword, and penguin are probably all town btw.
Magical7
Magical7
Goon
Magical7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:51 am

Post by Magical7 »

In post 138, Lords of Destruction wrote:
@Magical7, what the hell are you doing buying into that shit? Anything can look good if you cover it well enough, and that's what they're doing. God damn man, think for yourself.

I'm merely stating that I understand his position on RVS. I disagree with him that leaving RVS is bad. I hope you're not referring to me thinking Jason scummy; that is not caused by his non-RVS vote, but his defensive behavior against Maenara's vote.

Also, I checked back on mcqueen's ISO and agree on his attempt to form an alliance between town and mafia is a classic scum move. Actually, that's way more scummy than Piesank or Jason right now.

UNVOTE: Piesank
VOTE: mcqueen
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 137, Magical7 wrote:But then we request a prod and you'll have to come back. Or the mod will ignore or lie about the prod. Or the mod will reveal your scheme. But I don't see a situation where this would successfully be pulled off.

Not hard to say "the prod has been picked up". Leaves it ambiguous without actually fucking the game.

In post 149, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 136, Majiffy wrote:Not if you PM the mod and tell them you're faking silenced and not just flaking on the game.

Last game silencing was something that was announced quite specifically at the start of the day.

That would solve the problem.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:06 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 136, Majiffy wrote:
In post 118, Magical7 wrote:And I don't see how you would fake being silenced for a week. You'll be replaced by then.

Not if you PM the mod and tell them you're faking silenced and not just flaking on the game.

And I've seen that argument for RVS, but it's also equally negated by the fact that town can "transition naturally" out of RVS and thus scum can be tripped up by a quick and unnatural ending to RVS when they're still trying to get a town foothold. Or any other argument that involves "well town is town so town and scum is not town so obv not town", which is what the entire argument boils down to.

In post 158, Majiffy wrote:
In post 137, Magical7 wrote:But then we request a prod and you'll have to come back. Or the mod will ignore or lie about the prod. Or the mod will reveal your scheme. But I don't see a situation where this would successfully be pulled off.

Not hard to say "the prod has been picked up". Leaves it ambiguous without actually fucking the game.

In post 149, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 136, Majiffy wrote:Not if you PM the mod and tell them you're faking silenced and not just flaking on the game.

Last game silencing was something that was announced quite specifically at the start of the day.

That would solve the problem.

*hem*
Anyway.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:50 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 140, Iecerint wrote:Confirm.

The first post to stick out to me is Jason's vote post. Keeping an eye on as I keep reading through....

@ Maenara's posts

Vote: Jason

mcqueen's BIZARRE fixation on the cult sets off ALERTS ALERTS ALERTS

Unvote; Vote: mcqueen

Oversoul's request for massclaim is very bold and straightforward, so I think he's probably town. I think he's wrong, though.

I actually understand Maenara's mindset totally. Jason's RVS post bothered me, too.

It is a little unsettling that people have never heard Maenara's reasoning before....

I have always been interested in Cults, and coming up with new and bizarre roles, although I'm not very good at it. I've always wanted to play with a Cult, so I guess I've just been a little eager, and honestly would love to experience being recruited by one, with the exception that in order to win, I find it better to get rid of them early, as I'm sure chkflip has already given us enough to deal with, as it is a Bastard Mod / Role Game, and the confirmation that there are no Vanilla Townies.

In post 157, Magical7 wrote:
In post 138, Lords of Destruction wrote:
@Magical7, what the hell are you doing buying into that shit? Anything can look good if you cover it well enough, and that's what they're doing. God damn man, think for yourself.

I'm merely stating that I understand his position on RVS. I disagree with him that leaving RVS is bad. I hope you're not referring to me thinking Jason scummy; that is not caused by his non-RVS vote, but his defensive behavior against Maenara's vote.

Also, I checked back on mcqueen's ISO and agree on his attempt to form an alliance between town and mafia is a classic scum move. Actually, that's way more scummy than Piesank or Jason right now.

I've never seen anyone, but me, suggest Town and Mafia work together. And I've done it before, but, if I recall correctly, always when I have been Town. As much as it may be hard to not find it scummy, think of it like this -

As I explained above, I'm sure chkflip has already given us enough to deal with, let alone the Cult. As hard as it may be for Mafia to help their opposing faction, if the cards fall the right way (or the wrong way, in Mafia's eyes), then the Cults could become stronger than the Town, become a bigger enemy for Mafia to deal with, with an advantage, on top of that: being able to recruit more Cults. I find it in no way of much use for Mafia to keep the Cult around, and more beneficial to them if they did. This would get Mafia to help the Town, while simultaneously eliminating a bomb that is ready to go off.

Yes, it does seems a bit odd for Town to say something like this, but I see it helping both factions, and making the game that much more simpler, instead of having to worry about Cults going around, on top of trying to figure out all the other crazy roles.
Magical7
Magical7
Goon
Magical7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:05 am

Post by Magical7 »

In post 115, mcqueen wrote:
In post 157, Magical7 wrote:

I've never seen anyone, but me, suggest Town and Mafia work together. And I've done it before, but, if I recall correctly, always when I have been Town. As much as it may be hard to not find it scummy, think of it like this -

As I explained above, I'm sure chkflip has already given us enough to deal with, let alone the Cult. As hard as it may be for Mafia to help their opposing faction, if the cards fall the right way (or the wrong way, in Mafia's eyes), then the Cults could become stronger than the Town, become a bigger enemy for Mafia to deal with, with an advantage, on top of that: being able to recruit more Cults. I find it in no way of much use for Mafia to keep the Cult around, and more beneficial to them if they did. This would get Mafia to help the Town, while simultaneously eliminating a bomb that is ready to go off.

Yes, it does seems a bit odd for Town to say something like this, but I see it helping both factions, and making the game that much more simpler, instead of having to worry about Cults going around, on top of trying to figure out all the other crazy roles.

What you say is true, but in my experience, only mafia say this. For town, finding mafia and finding cultists is somewhat similar, but because mafia know who are mafia, their method of finding cultists is significantly different than that of townies. That's why it would make sense for mafia to say this. It's not the fact that town and mafia both benefit from eliminating cultists, it's the fact that you pointed it out that put my vote on you.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:13 am

Post by Iecerint »

I can buy the OMG CULTS ARE NEAT explanation for cult focus. Framing things as "fighting the common enemy" is still a little upsetting, though.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:32 am

Post by Elyse »

I don't buy the OMG CULTS ARE NEAT explanation or the mafia/town alliance that mcqueen is pushing.

If my vote counted I would vote for him.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:35 am

Post by Elyse »

Also not sure of Toog's roleclaim. There's something about it that's bugging me.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:37 am

Post by Johhog »

UNVOTE: BeautyAndTheBeast
(vote]mcqueen[/vote]

'tis a good wagon.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:38 am

Post by Johhog »

FML.

"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:53 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

almost forgot...
@MOD: i will be doing my usual weekend V/LA please (starting in an hour or 2)
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I'm v/la for the next two days.

This game is flying.
I'm scared there's going to be like 100 posts when I get back.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by dramonic »

This is a bastard mod??
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 169, dramonic wrote:This is a bastard mod??

I thought the mod specificallsy said it was't apart from having a cult.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

This game is role madness (No VTs). There IS a cult in this game. Aside from that, there are no "bastard" mod things (jesters, et cetera) in this game. Enjoy!

Pretty sure it's not eastward.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

Bastard.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 171, JacobSavage wrote:
This game is role madness (No VTs). There IS a cult in this game. Aside from that, there are no "bastard" mod things (jesters, et cetera) in this game. Enjoy!

Pretty sure it's not eastward.

"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Secret Agent Sloth
Secret Agent Sloth
Townie
Secret Agent Sloth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by Secret Agent Sloth »

Maenara and Jason are both probably town.. or at least the latter.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”