Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by Equinox »

Hi.

If there's something that requires my immediate attention, please point it out so that I can take care of it first thing. Otherwise, I'll be reading the last 10 pages or so to see who I should be sheeping, and then we can go from there.

Also, if you guys are really thirsty for my blood, please holler so we can get that out of the way because 90 pages is pretty damn long.
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 3, Votecount 7

ChannelDeliBird (2) - Benmage, camn
Equinox (5) - ChannelDelibird, BT, Nostredeus, Plessiezarus, kuribo

Not voting (6) :
Cerulean, JasonT1981, Zdenek, Equinox, Deasvail, Shaft

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 9th of March at 17:15pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-09 13:15:28)
  • Nostredeus is V/la

Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by Nostredeus »

I know it's a bit sucky but I'm not cool with ditching lynches because a player needs time to settle in. Personally, and again I don't mean to be a dick, I consider opting to replace in an agreement to catch up sufficiently to deal with the current game-state, unfortunately though given that the current game state is to lynch your slot that does translate to a lot of work. :-(

I feel mean but: Confirming vote.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Equinox: I am thirsty for your blood. I feel diverting from your lynch would be a bad idea at this point. Sorry. Also, hi.
#greenshirtthursdays
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 2252, Nostredeus wrote:I know it's a bit sucky but I'm not cool with ditching lynches because a player needs time to settle in. Personally, and again I don't mean to be a dick, I consider opting to replace in an agreement to catch up sufficiently to deal with the current game-state, unfortunately though given that the current game state is to lynch your slot that does translate to a lot of work. :-(

Hey. Don't feel bad. Blood is a beautiful thing to behold, most of all when it belongs to someone else. Rejoice!

In post 2253, ChannelDelibird wrote:Equinox: I am thirsty for your blood. I feel diverting from your lynch would be a bad idea at this point. Sorry. Also, hi.

Why is there a mini wagon on you?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Ben thinks the fact that I fell behind for a couple of days after doing a lot of work to (successfully) convince most of the game that I'm town is suspicious, which is understandable but I have previously argued against.

camn thinks she can catch me with buzzwords despite having her attempts to do so be rebutted rationally.
#greenshirtthursdays
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 2249, Plessiezarus wrote:
kurbio
-- thanks for the link, but ... er.

You said TML had been "easy mislynch fodder" in every game you both played in (and that if he was town he should be stressing out over "yet another mislynch"). I asked you to link me to one of these games so I could see "how TML reacts to becoming a suspect".

In the game you link, TML is town, but he isn't lynched. (In fact, looking at the vote counts, nobody ever casts a vote for him.) This was not the sort of game I had in mind :?.

~ Pless

I must have been mistaken then

Unvote
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by kuribo »

Vote: BT

I like where this went yesterday, and even though I've found myself quite lazy the last few days, I'd like to return to it.

My gut still tells me BT is scum, and even though Ben took it upon himself to try and poke holes in my case for BT, I can't really say that I've ever been that good at building cases anyway.

And besides, Ben's playing like crap anyway.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by camn »

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4756026#p4756026]post 2254[/url] Equinox wrote:
In post 2253, ChannelDelibird wrote:Equinox: I am thirsty for your blood. I feel diverting from your lynch would be a bad idea at this point. Sorry. Also, hi.

Why
is there a mini wagon on you?

I added the comma you forgot. Because that IS why. :)

But srsly, equinox... you are about to die.
you don't have time to ease in.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Prod dodging for now, exhausted and kind of tipsy. Pless, to give a really simplified answer to your question, two things: 1) we both looked at the meta again, my conclusion re: TML's meta is largely the same though the interactions-based case is making me really waffly, and 2) Tammy has a much better grasp of this game than I do as my reads have been kind of shitty and nearly everyone looks like town in some form or another so I don't have a clue anymore (I'm learning that I generally lose my focus in very large games).

(Equinox, if it makes you feel better, I don't really thirst for your blood!)
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:38 am

Post by DeasVail »

Some quick stuff on why I think BT is scum:

-In I make an accusation against BT that is completely untrue. (This was unintentional by the way) Yet, in he doesn't have a problem with this. This is not how I would expect town to think. If town has reason to think X is scum, and I come in and say "You have no reason to think X is scum!", wouldn't the natural reaction be "Hey! I totes do!"? Instead you just get this placating stuff.

- is another that just feels designed to placate and as I said before, the focus is on addressing all the points. Some he doesn't really have anything to say, but he still says
something

- is a post of mine that explains another part of my suspicion of BT.

Admittedly it's not that strong, but with abundant townreads and a lack of scumreads that's pretty much how it has to be. I also don't really see any reason for him to be town, but if anyone would like to provide that for me clearly, that would be amazing.

Now, TML. I'm still not sure on him. The general reasoning is the kind of thing that sounds good, but I feel it could easily be something a player gets mislynched over. I'm kind of waiting to make up my mind on this slot, but people's willingness to lynch BT would be much appreciated.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:38 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2260, DeasVail wrote:but people's willingness to lynch BT would be much appreciated.

and by this I mean, how interested people are.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Nostredeus »

^read this when back.

Just making a note to myself, but really I'm more interested in the members of yesterday's wagon; I'll give it a fair hearing though.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Kise »

vote tml
, equinox never subbed in
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:16 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 3, Votecount 8

ChannelDeliBird (2) - Benmage, camn
Equinox (5) - ChannelDelibird, BT, Nostredeus, Plessiezarus, Shaft

BT (1) - kuribo

Not voting (5) :
Cerulean, JasonT1981, Zdenek, Equinox, Deasvail

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 9th of March at 17:15pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-09 13:15:28)
  • Nostredeus is V/la

Prodding BT.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:17 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 2263, Kise wrote:
vote tml
, equinox never subbed in

While we're on that note, can we not hammer me until I've posted some final thoughts, please? End of Sunday EST, tops.

So far, I've read the first 3 pages and from page 80 onward. I'll take some time out today to read flipped scum, check out cases, and find out what the hell is going on with all the claims. For now, though, I'm inclined to think BT is town based on behavior that seemed genuine, though I'm interested in hearing BT's response to DeasVail, so an explanation will come after that's done. I have no idea why there's a wagon on ChannelDelibird. If the reason is in one of camn's spoiler tags, it's gone forever. He seems like town, though? Even if I can't put a finger on why.

Out of everyone else, I wouldn't lynch jasonT1981 or kuribo. Based on posts, Plessiezarus looks like town, but I'm putting a hold on that until I see Ser Arthur Dayne's and Tammy's opinions on the Zar head. Okay, that was an impressive list, huzzah.

Anyway...

Benmage, who would you vote if not ChannelDelibird? ChannelDelibird has explained his inactivity and it seems like it'd be an adequate reason.

In post 2251, The Baltimore Sun wrote:Not voting (6) : Cerulean, JasonT1981, Zdenek, Equinox, Deasvail, Shaft

Why are you folks not on a wagon?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP: Scratch the line about getting hammered. Would still like at least until Sunday to read as much as possible.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

kuribo
-- were you really voting for TML for no other reason than your belief he was regularly mislynched and would be reacting differently now if town? And was this belief so nebulous that you're now completely dropping it? Did you not think to check your own link before providing it as an example?
Am I going to get any answer to this that doesn't boil down to "I don't really like mafia"?

DV
-- if BT is your top scum-read, why are you not voting him? Why do you have to know how interested people would be in a BT lynch first?

Kise
-- um. What are you talking about?

~ Pless
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:23 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

This might be a bit of a nitpick, but:

@Equinox:

Out first post was on page 5; and the last ten pages of this game only have a single post in which Plessiez makes an off-site comment about Arthur. How come, if you've only read the pages you have claimed, you know Arthur and Tammy might influence your opinion on me?

~Zar.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:26 am

Post by camn »

I like DVs commentary on BT more than I like the Librarian/equinox wagon.

Oh and Kise- gtfo. Only Shaft now.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 2268, Plessiezarus wrote:Out first post was on page 5; and the last ten pages of this game only have a single post in which Plessiez makes an off-site comment about Arthur. How come, if you've only read the pages you have claimed, you know Arthur and Tammy might influence your opinion on me?

If I remember correctly, they have scum meta on you, so I'm hoping they might have commentary on how you've sounded, behaved, etc.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:52 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2270, Equinox wrote:
In post 2268, Plessiezarus wrote:Out first post was on page 5; and the last ten pages of this game only have a single post in which Plessiez makes an off-site comment about Arthur. How come, if you've only read the pages you have claimed, you know Arthur and Tammy might influence your opinion on me?

If I remember correctly, they have scum meta on you, so I'm hoping they might have commentary on how you've sounded, behaved, etc.

So from
where
exactly do you remember this?

See, neither of them mentioned anything about me in any of the pages you claimed to have read.

~Zar.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 2271, Plessiezarus wrote:So from
where
exactly do you remember this?

See, neither of them mentioned anything about me in any of the pages you claimed to have read.

Correct. Neither of them mentioned anything about you in the pages I've read.

With Tammy being Tammy, Ser Arthur Dayne being Ser-Arthur-Dayne, and Zar being Zar Lannister, I was thinking that Tammy played in or spectated a game with you where you were scum, and I seem to remember Ser-Arthur-Dayne playing against you-scum in a game I'd read.

Though now that I think about it, that might not have been Ser-Arthur-Dayne. Pah.

In any case, that's where the assumption comes from. I guess I could check and see who else you've played with on this site and then look to them for advice, and things might even be more relevant that way, but it seems faster to just check with the people who are in this game because I'm reading here anyway.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:10 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

Have you ever played a game in Westeros?

~ Zar.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:15 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 2273, Plessiezarus wrote:Have you ever played a game in Westeros?

Once, as Temperance. It was with you, actually.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”