/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:38 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 1, Votecount 25

penguin_alien (5) - Deasvail, Konowa, Shadoweh, Llamarble, Vi

Johhog (1) -Tammy
N (4) - Tierce, CrashTextDummie, Empire, penguin_alien
Vi (2) - Benmage, Cogito Ergo Sum
CrashTextDummie (4) - WickedestJr, N, Nachomamma8, Johhog

Not voting (0) :
NO ONE

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)
  • Tierce is V/la

are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 586, Vi wrote:
I appear to be the only person who saw something in Llamarble giving a pass to one person and not another for the same reason. Whichever. See petsPick for a game where I had a similar amount of joy being in the same thread as Ll.

I was voted for a reason like that in Authors mafia and was actually scum, which was annoying because yes, similar actions can read differently to me depending on context. I'm still not even sure what DV did that was supposed to be like Johhog's post though. Do you not like playing with me? I thought I played OK in Animal Rescue, or at least my reads list wasn't bad. I guess I did get run up D1 or D2 for getting off to a slow start or something.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:11 am

Post by Llamarble »

Ok Vi, I finally get what you were talking about.
The DV post you quoted is a disagreement with an opinion on himself. Specifically he is defending the idea that his opener was anti-town.
And "what do you mean by this thing that seems like an accusation directed at me" is different from "whoah that is different from my conclusion about somebody else's alignment."
So those two situations aren't even very similar, at least in how I read them.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Vi »

In post 595, Benmage wrote:
In post 586, Vi wrote:Both Benmage and CES are people who I think would willingly jump at the opportunity to vote me
for the sheer intrinsic pleasure thereof,
and not people I could convince to do much of anything; so much like 90% of the thread, I'm apathetic.
Take this for example. This subtly dismisses both mine and CES' votes as nothing more then shock-n-awe.

Very crafty and clever is the scum Vi. You'll be enlightened.
It's not very subtle. I think you're both more likely Town - yes I know that's dangerous to say around CES - and that by this time there's not a whole lot I alone can do about your votes.

CES 598 wrote:Yeah, I know, I helped design the set-up. It was a cool set-up with a slight mountainous feel. Is that not what you're expecting here?
Ferrariday did say he was considering running Black Flag, so it's not out of the question. I do expect invitational games to be toned down to something reasonably basic, but not necessarily that far.

Disclaimer: My personal invitational experience involves wackadoo Team Mafia games.

Llamarble 601 wrote:Do you not like playing with me? I thought I played OK in Animal Rescue, or at least my reads list wasn't bad. I guess I did get run up D1 or D2 for getting off to a slow start or something.
petsPick was frustrating, though from what I remember you turned out Town (and did well) in the end.
Further pointless explanatory words go here, etc., bottom line is that I apologize for being semi-arbitrarily bitter - especially in this game.

---

Anytime someone wants to get the show on the road would be fine.
Deadline's getting closer and Faraday's job is getting boring, though that's partly because he's not posting more awful #hashtags.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by N »

In post 577, Tammy wrote:He also committed one of my favorite scum tells, in as much as I believe in scum tells, in . I did have this happen to me once. I wrote a whole wall of reads in marketplace mafia, but I was on my ipad and accidentally hit the "x" instead of the tab and had to rewrite the entire thing. However, every time that I can remember someone claiming to have just written a big huge post that got eaten and they weren't going to rewrite it, it's been scum.

So this is your favourite scumtell, and yet it's something that actually happened to you as town?

In post 577, Tammy wrote:And Empire, just so you know, one of us was *-* close to having to replace out after I read . My knee jerk reaction was to talk to you on aim about how ridiculous it was that he thinks you're scum.
this feels like a fake dumb tell.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 604, N wrote:
In post 577, Tammy wrote:He also committed one of my favorite scum tells, in as much as I believe in scum tells, in . I did have this happen to me once. I wrote a whole wall of reads in marketplace mafia, but I was on my ipad and accidentally hit the "x" instead of the tab and had to rewrite the entire thing. However, every time that I can remember someone claiming to have just written a big huge post that got eaten and they weren't going to rewrite it, it's been scum.
So this is your favourite scumtell, and yet it's something that actually happened to you as town?

In post 577, Tammy wrote:And Empire, just so you know, one of us was *-* close to having to replace out after I read . My knee jerk reaction was to talk to you on aim about how ridiculous it was that he thinks you're scum.
I keep wanting to cry. Seriously, what. the. hell.

Tammy's reaction on the second part of the post is actually perfectly natural. I've been spending this game in the most awkward situation of having
no scummers
I can talk to about this game just for the purpose of venting. It feels really weird not being able to do so with people you chat with regularly on AIM, and there are quite a few players here who do so--this might have been the playerlist with a highest Want To Play with results out of the four games. So no, that is not a "dumb tell" in any way, and even if she
is
faking it, the feeling is shared by at least one Town player. (Hi.)

The first part is outright hilarious. I have the same knee-jerk reaction to people saying they had this magnificent wall of reads and that it was miraculously lost. Town players tend to try and rebuild it (and yes, I have seen it happen to Town--to Konowa, I believe, and to Nacho in ADwD, among others), but I don't really see
you
showing any particular interest in it, which is what is scummy. The laziness in rebuilding something that you should already have thought out doesn't really bode well.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 504, N wrote:VOTE: CTD

Benmage and Wicked are probably town. Tierce is driving me crazy, but that's okay. I'd rather lynch Empire at this stage, but I know that's not going to happen.

And Nacho is still actually scum.
Waiting for an explanation on
anything
here.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by Vi »

Flambérd, would you mind validating the pengualien wagon?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:51 pm

Post by Empire »

Literally posting from my phone to ask: why in the ever living fuck does anyone read N as town?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 607, Vi wrote:Flambérd, would you mind validating the pengualien wagon?
Goodness, no, that would require effort. And from what I've skimmed, the slot is satisfying me enough that I am not interested on a lynch there Today. I'd much rather have scum who have visible paper trails around them alive on later Days than having someone like N be allowed to live--if he's scum, we eliminate him Today; if he's Town, he's hardly bothering to be useful anyway. :/
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 573, N wrote:
In post 551, CrashTextDummie wrote:What did you accomplish with your Nacho vote? What use did it serve? This is not a defense.

I don't understand how that even looked like it was supposed to be a defense. I've noticed a couple of posts like this, and you either have really bad reading comprehension skills or you're trying to make it look like I'm doing something I'm clearly not doing.

It doesn't look like it's supposed to be a defense, that's the point. You
should
be defending yourself against accusations brought against you, instead you're mudslinging.

-------------

Llama, question for you:
In post 436, Llamarble wrote:N does not seem like a terrible lynch either.

In post 524, Llamarble wrote:N is too potentially town to be a good lynch today.

What happened inbetween these posts to change your mind?

-------------

I'm going to reiterate that the penguin wagon is bad and that the N wagon should pick up speed like, right now.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Nope I like penguinwagon now. I've decided(tm)
I also agree with the opinion that one of N/Pengu is good today, as I believe their alignments are likely to be the same.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:19 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, I'm as updated as I can be with my reads and still support a Penguin lynch.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Vi »

In post 600, Faraday wrote:
Day 1, Votecount 25

penguin_alien (5) - Deasvail, Konowa, Shadoweh, Llamarble, Vi

Johhog (1) -Tammy
N (4) - Tierce, CrashTextDummie, Empire, penguin_alien
Vi (2) - Benmage, Cogito Ergo Sum
CrashTextDummie (4) - WickedestJr, N, Nachomamma8, Johhog

Not voting (0) :
NO ONE

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)
  • Tierce is V/la

Hey

Hey everyone
scum (half a lynching wagon) - Some people

scum (other half of a lynching wagon) - Some other people

Johhog and Vi (3) - some wishful thinkers
A whole line of people on the scumlist who probably have a vested interest in not moving (4)
is it can be desizhun time nao plz?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Vi »

*tiem
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:55 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Agreed. Penguinalien, N, and Vi are the only votes allowed.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:31 am

Post by Faraday »

Prodding Johhog
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:24 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 604, N wrote:
In post 577, Tammy wrote:He also committed one of my favorite scum tells, in as much as I believe in scum tells, in . I did have this happen to me once. I wrote a whole wall of reads in marketplace mafia, but I was on my ipad and accidentally hit the "x" instead of the tab and had to rewrite the entire thing. However, every time that I can remember someone claiming to have just written a big huge post that got eaten and
they weren't going to rewrite it,
it's been scum.

Technology is alignment blind. I bolded for you the alignment relevant part.

n wrote:

:? Okay? Do you know what the word dumb means? You could call it a fake reaction if you want; although I doubt I would even think to say something like that if it weren't a reaction I had.

I get the feeling you're going for the too scummy to be scum play. I know you are capable of reading things properly, so I'm rather confused by your play overall.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Empire »

Daily phone post reminder that N is still mafia and people are townreading him for silly and really bad reasons.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:36 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 590, Wickedestjr wrote:
@Tammy- you say that Johhog is suspicious because his play here doesn't feel like his ordinary town play. Have you checked some of his games as scum? How do they compare to this?

That's not all I have said about johhog, and I said I'd still find his play suspicious even if we'd never played ogether before.

No, I haven't checked any of his games, but empire said his only scum games are newbies. I don't really check games I haven't played in for meta except when
empire makes me
it's a bit more crucial and I'm having a hard time getting a read on someone.

I'm really only rereading the tm white flag game again because even though I wasn't in it, my teammate was so its about as close as rereading a game I actually played in as I can get.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:39 am

Post by DeasVail »

Empire, what is the most scummy thing about N?
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:45 am

Post by Empire »

I can't link the relevant posts right now but I urge you to go through his ISO again. It's largely contentless, he's been generally evasive when asked easy questions (e.g., check his response to my asking what he thinks about Vi's vote on him), the few reads he has given are patent bullshit (e.g., the penguin/Konowa read, which is not only transparently BS, but didn't answer the question asked about his view on penguin's alignment) and he's now spent the last few days sniping at easy shit in lieu of actually scumhunting which fits his scum meta (see: Black Flag).
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:46 am

Post by Tammy »

VOTE: n
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:48 am

Post by Johhog »

I'm here again, etc etc.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 621, Empire wrote:I can't link the relevant posts right now but I urge you to go through his ISO again. It's largely contentless, he's been generally evasive when asked easy questions (e.g., check his response to my asking what he thinks about Vi's vote on him), the few reads he has given are patent bullshit (e.g., the penguin/Konowa read, which is not only transparently BS, but didn't answer the question asked about his view on penguin's alignment) and he's now spent the last few days sniping at easy shit in lieu of actually scumhunting which fits his scum meta (see: Black Flag).

Hmm, I don't know if I really have a townread on him anymore, but I'm liking my penguin scumread a bit better.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”