NY 161: Overly-Posh Mafia (POSH WIN - NIGHT X)

Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5000 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Post by Vifam »

AJ, I've been pretty outspoken this whole game. My posting has content in it man, you are digging through my ISO when you should have been paying attention to me throughout the game

Now you're stuck digging through my joke posts and useless banter that I do no matter what alligment. You are boned
ok
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #5001 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Post by Majiffy »

The above post is terribad.

p-edit: Penguin's wall.

In post 4922, TheReverend wrote:
In post 4920, Majiffy wrote:Sheep the clear is such a successful tactic on EM, why not use it here?

Sheep the clear is better than sheep the scummy bastard.

What if the scummy bastard is right?

In post 4947, Vifam wrote:Look, there is no way Majiffy is town here. He's literally been called scum by just about EVERY flipped townie in the game so far.

Because that logic follows.

In post 4947, Vifam wrote:He's recent vote is terrible, really freaking terrible. And so has the majority of his vote pattern. Like, the only thing he's going against lynching, is himself. He's playing like this because he's been getting away with it the WHOLE game while we lynch people who seem more put together. This is sporadic scumplay 101

Because that's how I play scum, right.

Or it could be the fact that 4 people still alive were people I've had as scum reads since the game started.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5002 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 4999, penguin_alien wrote:UberNinja, show me a game where I'm trying to ruffle anyone's feathers as town. Actually, show me a game where I get in anyone's virtual face beyond what's called for by the nature of making accusations. You keep coming up with these things you say scum-me would do when there is zero evidence to back up the idea that I behave that way as scum and not town. I get that there's a school of thought that scum stay cool more readily because they're less offended by being accused, or it's easier to put up a rational front when one knows the game layout. But it seems pretty ridiculous to me to get antagonistic as any alignment when one does have to work with the other players, even more so when one is part of the town majority. YMMV of course; that's my philosophy.

Yes, pirate mollie found me shady. As far as I can tell, it stemmed from her taking a while to read me as scum in a previous game and the much-quoted alleged scum slip where I said 'kill' instead of 'investigation'--funny how no one was interested in pursuing any of that despite both pirate mollie and me explaining what she was talking about ad nauseum until we're at MyLo and it seems like a good thing to dredge up for an easy mislynch. I mean, seriously, Majiffy kept asking her what she was talking about, she or I would tell him, and he'd say he wasn't reading it. Yet now he's happy voting me with nothing more than a Bohemian Rhapsody lyric to accompany it.

Between Majiffy's jump and ArcAngel9's eagerness to blame him for 'leading her astray into hammering' that read as very poor distancing to me, he goes in my scum pile.

UberNinja, you say that I bussed ArcAngel9 for town cred. I maintain that that lynch was going through regardless of my participation. Show me where I tried to use it for town cred, ever.

Which leaves Aj the Epic, borkjerfkin, TheReverend, UberNinja, and Vifam. Now from my perspective, I knew I wasn't going to be able to post for a while. Both UberNinja and Majiffy have votes on me. Everyone else who isn't conf-town has posted between when I said I'd be away and right now. Which means that if three scum weren't voting me, they had ample opportunity to do so when I was away from internet access. For that matter, all four of the not-voting people were online nearly simultaneously, long enough to decide they could risk the quick-lynch. That makes at least one of UberNinja and Majiffy scum. I tend to think they decided to go for broke and take different stances, one pushing the wagon heavily, one drive-by voting.

Aj the Epic, you've pulled six vote counts. Not exactly rigorous. Even looking at what you pulled, three are from Day One. Not to mention you've biased the results by making UberNinja town where you don't even make yourself town as one would expect. Insofar as having three flipped townies on my wagon early on, who else there has three flipped townies on her wagon? Oh, right, pirate mollie. A flipped townie. I have to agree with Vifam that your VCA is pretty unimpressive. I don't love the implications of the idea that you're trying to get others to consider me scum while holding back your vote. With such inflammatory language as 'secretly sitting on every major wagon' like I'm being deceptive...by voting? And where was all this insight into my play was where when you were calling me probtown here?

TheReverend as a whole feels town. borkjerfkin looks about how he did in other games I've played with him as town. Vifam has put himself in a position to make it hard for him to jump on my wagon with anything other than a stealth quick-hammer. I'm ranking my scum picks as Majiffy > Aj the Epic > UberNinja. The coloring UberNinja green from Aj the Epic does make me hesitant to put them on the same team, as I find it more likely that a scum-Aj the Epic forgot that town-UberNinja hadn't flipped yet than that he was trying to prop up his buddy where he didn't do so for himself. And before someone says he might have messed up the coding, it's there in all six vote counts where UberNinja is the voter or votee.

In post 4997, borkjerfkin wrote:I think Vifam and Penguin need to hydra sometime and never sign their posts.

^ made me laugh. Thank you. (Although I think Vifam would reach across the internet and bash me about the head with his keyboard in sheer annoyance after about one day phase of being saddled with me in a QT.)

show me this, show me that

i don't have to show you a fucking thing

you're scum, and you're caught
and that's all there is to it
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5003 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

P_A, what day was the longest? As I seem to recall, some days didn't have a lot of time. Day 6, day 5, and day 4 were short or had only a few suspects. Day 2 and 3 didn't have the amount of vote counts. So yes, day 1 has a majority. But it's useful because we've got more wagons there than anyone else. As to my read changing, that's simple. Dan's flipped and IaI has flipped, and now we get to check who went where. Guess what? You've been hanging on bad wagons for the whole game.

Even in the beginning, we had to press you about actually posting something worth reading.

Oh fuck. What an awful paragraph:

TheReverend as a whole feels town. borkjerfkin looks about how he did in other games I've played with him as town. Vifam has put himself in a position to make it hard for him to jump on my wagon with anything other than a stealth quick-hammer. I'm ranking my scum picks as Majiffy > Aj the Epic > UberNinja. The coloring UberNinja green from Aj the Epic does make me hesitant to put them on the same team, as I find it more likely that a scum-Aj the Epic forgot that town-UberNinja hadn't flipped yet than that he was trying to prop up his buddy where he didn't do so for himself. And before someone says he might have messed up the coding, it's there in all six vote counts where UberNinja is the voter or votee.

I STATED why I colored Uber green. I knew he was alive, how the fuck could you not? He's only posted about a million times this game (and may I mention it's been more worth while reading than Vifam's).
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5004 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Where did I say that I didn't think he was alive? I missed the post before where you decided to make UberNinja conf-town in your vote count where you didn't consider yourself conf-town for your own vote analysis. Going on that, then, at least I can go ahead with having you and UberNinja as simultaneous scum reads.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5005 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by Vifam »

Yeah, Majiffy is definitely going to be the lynch today
ok
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5006 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Oh, and since we're shooting the breeze, Aj the Epic, do you really think there are 3.5 scum in a 21 player game (since the Mafia wiki has a traitor counting as .5 scum)? That actually puts the mason group at the same size as the scum for night-talk purposes.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5007 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5008 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I could see it. I mean, look at all the power roles the town has. We had a 3 man mason, a bodyguard and a vig if I'm not mistaken.Bodyguard is kinda worthless imo, seeing as the only truly useful protect is the vig.

P-edit: This game, UN. This game.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5009 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 5005, Vifam wrote:Yeah, Majiffy is definitely going to be the lynch today

not if i have anything to say about it
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5010 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 5006, penguin_alien wrote:Oh, and since we're shooting the breeze, Aj the Epic, do you really think there are 3.5 scum in a 21 player game (since the Mafia wiki has a traitor counting as .5 scum)? That actually puts the mason group at the same size as the scum for night-talk purposes.

you're still bringing setup speculation into things?

what the fuck makes you think anyone is falling for your
bullshit
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5011 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by Vifam »

In post 5009, UberNinja wrote:
In post 5005, Vifam wrote:Yeah, Majiffy is definitely going to be the lynch today

not if i have anything to say about it

You're killing me
ok
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5012 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by UberNinja »

nope I'm killing penguin

:D
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5013 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 5010, UberNinja wrote:
you're still bringing setup speculation into things?

what the fuck makes you think anyone is falling for your
bullshit

borkjerfkin asked for Aj the Epic's opinion, Aj answered, and I think his answer is rather naive at best, setting up for a stance that we can afford another lynch worry-free at worst.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5014 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Obviously that's not the case, and I think you know that
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5015 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by UberNinja »

I want everyone's top TWO scum reads
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5016 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

I kinda want penguin to die...

I'm also tempted to go back and sheep Matt. >.<
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #5017 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Majiffy »

lol

In post 5015, UberNinja wrote:I want everyone's top TWO scum reads

Rev and Vifam.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5018 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by TheReverend »

So just to be clear, everyone claimed vanilla, right?

Why does AJ think there's 2 scum left? This from the traitor wiki...

Note that if there is a Traitor in the game, this implies that the main Mafia group is undersized by one.

Standard is around 20%, right? So I would imagine there's 4 scum and one traitor... thus, 3 left, MYLO. I'm not buying into this false sense of security.

Top two scum picks would be jiffy and vifam.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5019 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by Vifam »

Jiffy and Rev are my picks
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5020 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by Vifam »

Majiffy wrote:Rev and Vifam.

Rev wrote:jiffy and vifam

Peachy
ok
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5021 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Majiffy and Aj the Epic
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5022 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 5017, Majiffy wrote:Rev and Vifam.
In post 5018, TheReverend wrote:jiffy and vifam.
In post 5019, Vifam wrote:Jiffy and Rev are my picks

SWEET TRIANGLE OF SCUMMINESS

i'm gonna laugh really fucking hard if it's you three

so how many of you have penguin as your #3?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #5023 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Post by Majiffy »

It'd be funnier if it was none of us.

Penguin is my #4

||
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5024 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by UberNinja »

yeah but with that kind of in-game swagger, you could legitimately pull it off

but i understand that if you're scum, that's the kind of thing you have to say

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”