Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

EBWODP:

In post 156, Mr_Ree wrote:I kind of think you guys are barking up the wrong tree with SP and/or Fuzzybuttern,uts so I won't be too offended if you think I'm doing the same.

I will admit that the biggest "hole in my swing" mafia wise would be derp play. I often find it incredibly difficult to distinguish between bad play and scum play when logic is all but nonexistant. I was most recently in 0 Percent Flavor with -L- and HD, as an example. I had a hard on to get Monkeyman lynched Day 1. People convinced me I was on a witch hunt and that he was just derp. As a result he lived until Day 4 and guess what? =4711737]He was scum. Conversely, -L- played like a complete tool. I ended up switching my vote to her Day 1 and helped =4665635]lynch our Gunsmith. Honestly, as bad as -L- was playing that probably ended up being part of the reason we won in retrospect but it didn't make me happy. I don't think I ever voted for scum HD that game, btw, which shows you that I can sometimes be equally fooled by competent play. *shrug*

So I guess what I'm saying is that I think serra is scummy/playing poorly enough that his lynch could be good for Town one way or the other in lieu of an obviously superior lynch candidate. So, I'm comfortable with his wagon unless you can convince me that you have a way better lynch candidate.

I don't see how this really helps with the game play. I don't believe that Delving into meta is helpful in anyway, and this to me it is Fluff

I did state that you were mudslinging peeps too right? I don't see how mudslinging is in anyway pro-town, hell you even stated that you belittled me so...

(Fixed for correctness)
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

You know, I'd personally rather lynch Fuzzy or Ree than bother with either of Yates or Ms Marangal right now. Personally, the walls need to end. There's too much quoted without spoilers. Marangal, misrep is a specific instance where a player puts words into another's mouth either by lying or twisting. What Yates does is he accuses.Yeah, that might involve twisting words, but as long as it remains a direct accusation, it isn't a misrep.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 499, Ms Marangal wrote:but this post is major AtE. yeah, it got Carey to replace out, but that doesn't change the fact that it appeals to the emotions of all the players. especially the bolded parts. hell, those bolded parts are specifically worded to bring out emotions.

Actually, the bolded is specifically an appeal to LOGIC.

As for the other two; just because someone says thanks and sorry doesn't make it AtE. You are desperately reaching. Your refusal to acknowledge this fact speaks volumes.

In regards to post 130 if you understand the context then you can't possibly hold to your bogus claim that a cheerleading post is fluff.

In post 499, Ms Marangal wrote:I don't believe that Delving into meta is helpful in anyway, and this to me it is Fluff

Wow. Why do you think meta arguments exist? The fact that you claim you "don't believe in meta" is not the same as "meta is fluff," by the way. Your logic is absurdly flawed.

I'm not concerned with your perception that I might be hurting peoples' feelings when I blow holes in their arguments and point out obvious stupidity. You are a case in point. If you don't want me to call your arguments stupid, start using logic that consistently makes sense and, at the very least, start presenting FACTS in your arguments. In other words, step up or get out of the way and let the grown ups figure this out.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 501, Aj The Epic wrote:You know, I'd personally rather lynch Fuzzy or Ree

Is 273 your case?
Please pm me to pre-in
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Not really a case yet. Would you prefer me writing one up? Interaction is good to go on, but nothing solid.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

I'd prefer it, as I really have no idea what is making you think I'm scum.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 502, Yates wrote:
In post 499, Ms Marangal wrote:but this post is major AtE. yeah, it got Carey to replace out, but that doesn't change the fact that it appeals to the emotions of all the players. especially the bolded parts. hell, those bolded parts are specifically worded to bring out emotions.

Actually, the bolded is specifically an appeal to LOGIC.

As for the other two; just because someone says thanks and sorry doesn't make it AtE. You are desperately reaching. Your refusal to acknowledge this fact speaks volumes.

In regards to post 130 if you understand the context then you can't possibly hold to your bogus claim that a cheerleading post is fluff.

In post 499, Ms Marangal wrote:I don't believe that Delving into meta is helpful in anyway, and this to me it is Fluff

Wow. Why do you think meta arguments exist? The fact that you claim you "don't believe in meta" is not the same as "meta is fluff," by the way. Your logic is absurdly flawed.

I'm not concerned with your perception that I might be hurting peoples' feelings when I blow holes in their arguments and point out obvious stupidity. You are a case in point. If you don't want me to call your arguments stupid, start using logic that consistently makes sense and, at the very least, start presenting FACTS in your arguments. In other words, step up or get out of the way and let the grown ups figure this out.

we are never going to see eye to eye, we are just too opposite of each other

In post 501, Aj The Epic wrote:You know, I'd personally rather lynch Fuzzy or Ree than bother with either of Yates or Ms Marangal right now. Personally, the walls need to end. There's too much quoted without spoilers. Marangal, misrep is a specific instance where a player puts words into another's mouth either by lying or twisting. What Yates does is he accuses.Yeah, that might involve twisting words, but as long as it remains a direct accusation, it isn't a misrep.

I'm not totally sure on Ree, but I already stated that I would be willing to place my vote on Fuzzy. I'm willing to take a step back if everyone really thinks that the case against Yates isn't strong, nor can a strong case be built against him at this time
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Will respond to ms Margaret as soon as I hit computer but I got two words for all y'all playing at home:

AMISH TELL.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

Fun fact: Amished tell doesn't work on females. Go ask VP Baltar.
Are you ready for this?
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

lolol
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Hmm. I'm thinking it's more of an Amish Mafia tell? Am I right?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

...huh, Human? I don't understand your point...

Margie, zip it. You, levy, and Carey make me feel like I'm playing in newbie land again.

PEdit:
It refers to some dude who originally committed it, I think.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 511, fuzzybutternut wrote:Hmm. I'm thinking it's more of an Amish Mafia tell? Am I right?

No. Amished tell dictates that if you criticize who you replaced in; you're scum.
Please pm me to pre-in
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

So... we use a bunch of electrically impaired people to name a full tell, or am I missing something?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 514, Aj The Epic wrote:So... we use a bunch of electrically impaired people to name a full tell, or am I missing something?

You're missing something. The player's name was "Amished" and he was constantly replacing in to scum slots. People knew he was scum when he started bad mouthing the person he replaced.
Please pm me to pre-in
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 472, Ms Marangal wrote:I'm not the right target, and according to the vote count I still have three more votes to go before I'm lynched. I still have a fighting chance, so I have reason to believe that I may not even be the one who's lynched. Fresh into the game, and already I have Mhork as a suspect, though I'll have to read through the game first to get a feel for what's going on.

First off, bad opening post. 'Not the right target' is bad phrasology, as is 'fighting chance.' Those are not townie terms, but rather terms from scum trying to reason that their lynch is a bad one.

Also there is awesome OMGUS. 'You suspect me? How dare you! You're clearly scum pushing my lynch!'

In post 473, Ms Marangal wrote:.... are we sure Fuzzy is town? I mean, I'm on page 14 and I have yet to see town play from him... the same thing for Mhork, and Yates wouldn't be to bad a target either. HD, Levi, and Aj are OBV town though, and anyone who is trying to say otherwise is funny as fuck.

and I'm not getting the case against SafetyDance, someone care to bring me up to speed on that?

oh, and feel free to call me purple if you can't spell my user correctly :/

More 'hey how is Mhork town?' without explaining why I'm scummy.

Elaborate on the obv town reads.

In post 475, Ms Marangal wrote:Levi has a very care-free aura about the game. almost as if he doesn't give a shit about the game, and doesn't give a shit about being suspected. He's taken his stance on his targets, and isn't letting anyone else sway him from what he believes even if his POV doesn't exactly match up with the views of the majority. he's been consistent in his play so far, all these things point to him being town.

I should have done this earlier but UNVOTE:

if that's the case, the safety case is retarded as fuck, and I would have agreed with the Carey wagon... if I didn't replace in.

I skimmed through the game, and I have noticed two wagons being formed due to inactivity. Yours and Safety, those two wagons intrigue me greatly. I'm going to see if there are similarities between the two. scum pushing those wagons is likely, though if they were pushing it, they might have done so without actually voting.

@Mod, pushing the deadline back would be much appreciated. I would like to have more time to build my own cases in this game

Carefree =/= town. In fact he's more or less admitted that he's being antitown and is cool with it because it's our fault for pushing him. How is this town? At all? And stubbornness is also not a town tell. A lot of time scum keep contrary reads to the majority so they can take advantage of possible mislynches. If he doesn't give a shit about the game, he should replace out. Period.

Also the Amish Tell. Fabulously noting her predecessor's scumminess. Margie needs to die, and now.

In post 481, Yates wrote:Also, Carey continuing to lurk in this thread after replacing out is setting off alarm bells. There's a good chance I'll put my vote right back on Marangal barring some serious quality posting.

I'm gonna go ahead and give a +1 to this. Carey was being totally obvious about maintaining an interest in this, likely because he's scum that was having issues with trying not to be too obvscummy and now wants to see how his replacement is learning.

In post 482, Ms Marangal wrote:aaannnnddd.... I found a connection between the two inactive wagons. Love it, I knew there was a reason I was uneasy with Yates.

Serra was Yates choice for the vote, but... he really only spent one post on him, and avoided him while picking up details about every other person in the game to make them look as scummy as possible. Yates was also an advocate for the Safety wagon, though his vote on Carey so that he looked a bit more helpful in town eyes as it's better to get rid of a VI instead of a lurker who may have the possibility of being smart town.

more recently though, I feel as if he is trying to come up with an excuse to continue my wagon, he even took the time to screen-cap and do a paint job to prove that Carey was lurking after being replaced.

Margie's making things up without citing evidence and has forgotten to explain the scum read on me.

In post 484, Ms Marangal wrote:you are scumtastic ;)

I was wrong about you only spending one post on Serra, but you were an advocate for the safety wagon. a very subtle one, but still one.

more on this soon though so stay tuned as I write out your Iso

This is stupid. What about the bigger advocates?

Wall 486 is a joke. I especially loved when it just devolved into buzzwords. Also when she said that he had a decent town post. No wait. My absolute favourite was when she NEVER EXPLAINED ANYTHING.

In post 488, Yates wrote:
In post 487, fuzzybutternut wrote:Holy shit that wall..O_O

Seriously. And it says nothing. This is what we like to call a "smoke screen." Might work in Road to Rome but doesn't cut mustard here.

It also doesn't hide the fact that your post 482 was complete garbage and I just blew it up in 485. So, pretending like your attempts at misrepping me didn't happen is really not sliding.

+1

In post 495, leviathan93 wrote:

Seriously. And it says nothing. This is what we like to call a "smoke screen." Might work in Road to Rome but doesn't cut mustard here.

It also doesn't hide the fact that your post 482 was complete garbage and I just blew it up in 485. So, pretending like your attempts at misrepping me didn't happen is really not sliding.

uhhhh. false that huge wall DOES say somethings. just because it announces out in the open your mistakes in playing the game and could be a hint at alignment (scum if her read is correct which is a bold accusation to make) doesn't mean she is wrong in her analysis.

and saying she simply doesn't know what she is talking about is NOT an argument. you don't PUSH out evidence and analysis JUST BECAUSE you don't think a person doesn't know what they are talking about because to every bit of denial there is slight truth to the statement.

by claimining that she doesn't know what she is talking about you are trying to make her disposable and if she is town which I thought CARREYHAMMER was and that position still to be now, i would see you as being a good scum suspect. telling someone they are don't know what they are talking about is trying to make everything she says seem like nothing when there could be important information we are missing. not a pro town thing to do.

Carrey is town. Ms. Marangal is town. there i said it. listen to everyone's input and judge it all on equal footing. hear the evidence but you don't necessarily have to agree.

I've found that every time I read a post you write, it pisses me off to no extent. You might as well be hawkleader, 'cause you just dig into me.

The wall says jack shit. It's nothing more than buzzwords designed to look like Margie was playing the game and making reads out of substance where there was no substance. Her analysis is wrong because there's no analysis there.

Denial has traces of truth? That's silly. And it's completely fair to write people off as though they don't know what they're doing. For instance I've tuned out your votes, and the only reason I'm answering this is because it talks about Margarine.

She is disposable, as are you. If she's town, both she and Careyhammer deserve the rope, though Careyhammer more so for throwing this game hard. I'm getting a chainsaw defense type of feel here, but I can't believe that both of our scum would be the two most obviously scummy players on the board.

Why are they town? Don't you dare cite 'too scummy to bed scum' or I will reach through this screen and tear your throat out whilst simultaneously Dayvigging, autolynching, and modkilling you for good measure. -.-

In post 501, Aj The Epic wrote:You know, I'd personally rather lynch Fuzzy or Ree than bother with either of Yates or Ms Marangal right now. Personally, the walls need to end. There's too much quoted without spoilers. Marangal, misrep is a specific instance where a player puts words into another's mouth either by lying or twisting. What Yates does is he accuses.Yeah, that might involve twisting words, but as long as it remains a direct accusation, it isn't a misrep.

Explain this. Why not the obv scum? Also useless walls need to end. Walls of substance are fine...

TL;DR penguins are our glorious overlords and Ms Marglerargle is still scum.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 516, Lord Mhork wrote:

Explain this. Why not the obv scum? Also useless walls need to end. Walls of substance are fine...

obvscum is never obv. The fact that carey was watching is some outside force we cannot account for. And personally, I still believe Ree to be far more likely scum than CH/Marangal.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

Um...

Carey watching would be completely irrelevant to the slot's scumminess; he replaced out due to being anti-town, not for lurking.
Are you ready for this?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 517, Aj The Epic wrote:The fact that carey was watching is some outside force we cannot account for.

Absolutely this:
In post 516, Lord Mhork wrote:Carey was being totally obvious about maintaining an interest in this, likely because he's scum that was having issues with trying not to be too obvscummy and now wants to see how his replacement is learning.

That is where my head went IMMEDIATELY. I've never replaced out of a game so I can only speculate as to how and why *I* would be lurking in a game I literally *just* replaced out of. It's nuts.

Sure, in a vacuum it might not mean anything. But look at the last few posts of Carey's ISO. Or, really, look at magpie's entire body of work since replacing in. Too much weird crap that doesn't add up.
Please pm me to pre-in
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Ms. Marg, why exactly would you be okay with my lynch?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 517, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 516, Lord Mhork wrote:

obvscum is never obv. The fact that carey was watching is some outside force we cannot account for. And personally, I still believe Ree to be far more likely scum than CH/Marangal.

In post 518, Human Destroyer wrote:Um...

Carey watching would be completely irrelevant to the slot's scumminess; he replaced out due to being anti-town, not for lurking.

I'm gonna answer both these by pointing out Carey's vote before he was replaced whilst waiting for replacement. That
bleeds
scum.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

In post 495, leviathan93 wrote:

uhhhh. false that huge wall DOES say somethings. just because it announces out in the open your mistakes in playing the game and could be a hint at alignment (scum if her read is correct which is a bold accusation to make) doesn't mean she is wrong in her analysis.

and saying she simply doesn't know what she is talking about is NOT an argument. you don't PUSH out evidence and analysis JUST BECAUSE you don't think a person doesn't know what they are talking about because to every bit of denial there is slight truth to the statement.

by claimining that she doesn't know what she is talking about you are trying to make her disposable and if she is town which I thought CARREYHAMMER was and that position still to be now, i would see you as being a good scum suspect. telling someone they are don't know what they are talking about is trying to make everything she says seem like nothing when there could be important information we are missing. not a pro town thing to do.

Carrey is town. Ms. Marangal is town. there i said it. listen to everyone's input and judge it all on equal footing. hear the evidence but you don't necessarily have to agree.

I've found that every time I read a post you write, it pisses me off to no extent. You might as well be hawkleader, 'cause you just dig into me.

The wall says jack shit. It's nothing more than buzzwords designed to look like Margie was playing the game and making reads out of substance where there was no substance. Her analysis is wrong because there's no analysis there.

Denial has traces of truth? That's silly. And it's completely fair to write people off as though they don't know what they're doing. For instance I've tuned out your votes, and the only reason I'm answering this is because it talks about Margarine.

She is disposable, as are you. If she's town, both she and Careyhammer deserve the rope, though Careyhammer more so for throwing this game hard. I'm getting a chainsaw defense type of feel here, but I can't believe that both of our scum would be the two most obviously scummy players on the board.

Why are they town? Don't you dare cite 'too scummy to bed scum' or I will reach through this screen and tear your throat out whilst simultaneously Dayvigging, autolynching, and modkilling you for good measure. -.-

Lol. well, i have no problem pissing people off if they are totes wrong. =P everytime i see someone SO SURE that someone is obviously scummy they usually end up being completely wrong and it makes me laugh so hard. =D

All the lame reasons for voting Carreyhammer are being placed onto Ms. Margarine or whatever the hell her name is. =P scum tells my ass. scum do anything to win even if they seem like the most scummy people ever it doesn't mean they are OBVIOUSLY scum. In my experience in this game its usually the people under the radar and who I would NEVER seem to think possible as scum.

I think we pressured the Carrey Hammer position enough and aren't going to get much use out of it. It literally is a dead ended wagon that is just going to lynch town and I think subconciously we all know it and it is more like you think you don't like the player. =P always the reason i get lynched. =) people just make the excuse that i'm scummy and anti-town. =)

tune me out all you want but i always have the last laugh, and believe me I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WRONG. =D i love telling people i TOLD YOU SO! =D

the reason i think that position is town is because the reasons against her are reasons that i believe could apply to everyone really. they are ehhh, and i originally only supported the lynch in the first place to actually GET someone lynched and now i think its kind of obvious as more of a gut thing that the person we are looking at is town. regardless of the mistakes she MAY be making for being pressured the way she is. =P
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

FUCK THESE WALLS.
VOTE: Yates
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by Yates »