Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

If it makes you feel better, sure.

Honestly I hope you're scum. No town should be saddled with this kind of newb town.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

then just pray that i'm killed during the night. =D but i take it i won't be because scum will want to keep me alive so i can be lynched by town. =) i'm never night killed. =)
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Have you ever given thought to why? >.<
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

Amished tell is bullshit because a) female and b) extenuating circumstances of Carey sucking A LOT.

Mhork, what do you mean by "Yates forcing another claim"?

Deadline isn't THAT close. It's not a particularly large game, so I don't see too much of a No Lynch problem.

Hey levi, if you're never NKed but often mislynched you might want to reflect upon that...also good job anticipating Ms M's town flip! Fairly common noobscum twilight behavior, but you seem to be jumping the gun a bit.

I'd be willing to compromise on either fuzzy or levi for semi-policy reasons.

I don't much care for the case on Ms Marangal, and as I see her separate from Carey, I probably won't vote her.
Wandering but not lost
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

because since i'm town i look scummy and scum want to keep me for a mislynch material and waste another days time so they can kill another person during the night and no one would suspect anyone else because i "apparently look so scummy" don't see how i always do. =P but thats not my problem. =)
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 580, leviathan93 wrote:but thats not my problem

No, it's the problem of the town that has to deal with you. Which is sort of your problem...
Wandering but not lost
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

hahaha!!! =D well, if they always tune me out and not listen to me its not really a problem. =) they just have to trust me i'm town and that will be that. =) searching for scum elsewhere. =D i'm one of a kind! =D
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 573, serrapaladin wrote:
Miss Marple, explain the rationale behind your comment of agreeing with your own lynch. You've obviously been reading and posting enough to suggest you do care about the outcome of this game. Also explain the possible scum-motivation behind Mhork's greeting to you.

Yates is an interesting wagon. Ms M's case is reads well and echos many of my thoughts about his play. My opinion on fuzzy is sort of like that on levi, so I think I'll
VOTE: Yates

The Comment behind me agreeing with my lynch has more to do with my slot more then me. yes, I do care about the game, the flavor of the game is pretty damn awesome and I wanted to be a part of it, but what I also want is for my team to win. with all the bad rep Carey has already received, along with the fact that I am only just vanilla with the time constraints given, and the other possible wagons being put into perspective, the easiest way to eliminate the most possible noise and distraction later on in the game is to get this slot lynched regardless of who holds it.

admittedly, I can't think of a scum-motivation to greeting me. it doesn't match up with a buddying up situation, which is what I originally believe it to be. I would also have had it be a situation where he tried to appear active, but he was already one of the most active ones within the game

In post 574, Lord Mhork wrote:
@Mod:

Please remove Carey. Also if repercussions are available, that's be nice.

Serra, it's me not even thinking about anyone other than levy or Margie right now. It's deadline and we need a lynch. Yates will stall out to a no lynch or force another claim, neither of which is helpful.

Marge also committed the Amish tell and whatnot. You can read that one post where I broke down why I found her scummy in spite of Carey.

Again, we don't have time to sidetrack. We need a lynch soon.

Also off topic, I hope to see you in some other game, Ms Marangal. You see chill and fairly smart. I like you.

and I agree with this post, even if it's a discussion of me being lynched. considering what has happened so far, Yates will do anything it takes to keep himself from being lynched, and if he is the scum that I think he is, he has the persuasion power to make people think otherwise. I would still prefer to get Yates lynched over anyone else

Pedit: Levi, tuning out noise isn't always the easiest thing to do. the thing is, Trusting ANYTHING in mafia is a deadly thing and it can mean the difference between victory and defeat.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

and being mislynched is nothing to be proud of Levi. not really
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

I do kind of think its something to be proud of. =) by simply playing the game my way people think its incredibly scummy and always mislynch me. =D i simply don't understand and find that very intriguing. =D
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Levi, no. stop. the best players DO play the game their way, but they also develop their play as they go along. Being Proud because you are never NK'd and always mislyched is like being proud for getting an F on your final exam :/
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

If I get an F and still pass the class with an A then I DEFINITELY think its something to be proud of. =D thats how my games go for me. =D
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

:/ Levi, please stop you are making this way harder for me then it needs to be
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 582, leviathan93 wrote:they just have to trust me i'm town and that will be that.

Except when you're not. You haven't been around for long enough for your stats to be worth anything and I doubt you can claim a substantial contribution to many of your victories.

@everyone: can we PLEASE keep Ms M for now? If we need to decide on a lynch for deadline pressure, let's have it be levi, if only to save us all a headache later on.
Wandering but not lost
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

On the contrary, I CAN claim substantial contribution to my victories. I have won all my scum games. only games ever lost have been town.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

you know... that's just more of a reason as to why we should policy lynch you
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

and get it wrong? =D be my guest. =D
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

You are really making me question my town read on you Levi Which is something that hardly ever happens. What are you trying to accomplish?
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by leviathan93 »

well, currently all of this is fluff since its not helping the game at all and its just going back and forth between people calling me scummy and i'm saying they don't understand as well as the fact that i don't understand how i am apparently acting scummy. I try to give my opinions and my reads and they are tuned out. every time i talk it is something that is wrong and just continuously scummy.

my reads are trusted because they are more on gut then actual scum tells and town tells because i really don't believe in those. i believe them to just be excuses used by scum to lynch town.

i'm simply over all trying to get you to understand that i'm an honest player in a game that is NOT honest at all. which is tricky and doesn't make sense to most people but its the truth. and if i always get mislynched when people think i'm scummy when i say i'm town and i always turn up town you THINK people would understand that. =P but they don't. scum just use it to their advantage.

currently you are right. i'm not accomplishing much at the moment.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:54 am

Post by Yates »

In post 543, leviathan93 wrote:just because i disagree with you on who to lynch doesn't make make me a BAD player or SCUM. =)

Agreed. You know what makes you a BAD player? This:
In post 543, leviathan93 wrote:[everyone else in the game] simply don't like my playstyle and how i operate in the game. =)
that ain't never going to change. so my advice is just to get over yourselves. =) its a game and i play it my way.

So you recognize that you get lynched a lot because of the way you play but are unwilling to adjust your playing style in order to avoid this in the future? Since I used a baseball reference earlier I will continue with you. This is like saying "I know I strike out a lot because I bat with my eyes closed but that's the way I bat and that aint ever gonna change so MLB scouts need to just get over it." Wrong. You are the one failing. That means YOU are the one that needs to make the adjustment.

In post 551, leviathan93 wrote:Now i think everyone is actually IS apart of this game should post a list of their scum to town reads. so we can see where we are all at.

This is an awesome idea - for scum. "Hey guise, lets give scum a list of the people the Town trusts the most so they know who to kill in order from most Town to least Town!" Brilliant.

In post 545, Ms Marangal wrote:and as for your greeting Mhork, at the moment of my entrance that was the first thing I saw and what I got off it was the feeling of sympathy.

Do you even read for context? In all seriousness, are you autistic or possibly a bit touched by Aspergers? That's pretty much the only explanation I would accept for why you are misinterpreting these posts so badly. If you are, you need to include that in your opening post for each game.

In post 550, Ms Marangal wrote:I also disagree with the Serra lynch because I believe that he is town.

Three SPECIFIC things that make Serra Town that aren't based on confirmation bias. Go.

In post 554, leviathan93 wrote:I rarely ever lose except when i'm town and people just lynch me and not listen to me

You could be Nostradamus. It doesn't matter if you can't present your cases in a way the rest of the Town understands. Using "gut" isn't going to get people to lynch the people you want lynched. THAT is another part of your game that clearly needs work. If you are going to call someone Town, you need to say why. If you are going to call someone scum, you need to say why. Your "gut" reads come from somewhere. Experience? Posting style? Tells? Meta? Interactions? Otherwise you are just guessing and may as well be pulling names out of a hat.

In post 573, serrapaladin wrote:Yates is an interesting wagon. Ms M's case is reads well and echos many of my thoughts about his play

This is a lazy post and something I would expect from Fuzzy or Levi. If you are going to vote me, you need to be specific about why YOU think I'm scummy and not hide behind the argument of a walking corpse. Otherwise, you won't have a leg to stand on come wagon analysis time. If murple flips scum, you will be scummy for buddying her. If murple flips Town, you will be scummy for distancing from her. You see how that works? So use your own case.

God damn. I feel like I'm in Romper Room.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:02 am

Post by Yates »

@Mod: V/LA until likely Sunday due to imminent death in the family
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:45 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 595, Yates wrote:

In post 545, Ms Marangal wrote:and as for your greeting Mhork, at the moment of my entrance that was the first thing I saw and what I got off it was the feeling of sympathy.

Do you even read for context? In all seriousness, are you autistic or possibly a bit touched by Aspergers? That's pretty much the only explanation I would accept for why you are misinterpreting these posts so badly. If you are, you need to include that in your opening post for each game.

no... I just don't think before I feel. That was my initial reaction BEFORE I started reading the thread. I already explained the type of sympathy that greeting post came out to be.

In post 550, Ms Marangal wrote:I also disagree with the Serra lynch because I believe that he is town.

Three SPECIFIC things that make Serra Town that aren't based on confirmation bias. Go.

Wouldn't you like to know?

In post 554, leviathan93 wrote:I rarely ever lose except when i'm town and people just lynch me and not listen to me

You could be Nostradamus.
It doesn't matter if you can't present your cases in a way the rest of the Town understands
. Using "gut" isn't going to get people to lynch the people you want lynched. THAT is another part of your game that clearly needs work. If you are going to call someone Town, you need to say why. If you are going to call someone scum, you need to say why. Your "gut" reads come from somewhere. Experience? Posting style? Tells? Meta? Interactions? Otherwise you are just guessing and may as well be pulling names out of a hat.

Interesting, that a scumslip Yates?
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:00 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

Dear lord, save me from the stupidity.....

Is Yates the only one making any sense? His responses to Ms Mangles accusations are genuine and exactly what I would expect them to be, in other words, correct.

Ms. Mangles is tossing everything she can at Yates in hopes something will stick. I'm actually surprised that she has actually managed to convince more than one of you. She's gotta go. Between her "cases" and Carey's continued drop ins, this slot
cannot
be allowed to move past today. I have to agree with Mhork and Yates here. You have to understand, if she makes it to Mylo or Lylo, she is too much of a risk to not lynch off at that time, potentially costing us the game. With her lynch, we gain valuable information and we get rid of the most troublesome slot. With her gone, we can use her flip to gauge the many many connection posts that I have seen over the last several pages.

*Reminder to self to re-read the last few pages after a few flips

@Mhork, The Amished tell was for my benefit wasn't it? I've been losing faith in that tell lately. I know I've used it many times in the past but... I'm just not trusting it anymore. It may work on Amished but I've found that new players are just as likely to make the same mistake when their predecessor is critisized. I've also found that since I've used that tell in multiple games, familiar players have been trying to bait me with it. That said, I do agree with most of the rest of your case on her. It's a righteous wagon no matter what the flip is. There's a good chance it's going to be scum but I'm not going to be discouraged if it's not. Neither should anyone else.

I honestly don't know what to make of Levi. Those smilies mess with me to no extent and read as flippant responses, even when flippant responses are detrimental to whatever he's trying to say at the time. Best advice to Levi, drop the smilies or it's going to cost you in this and future games. Listen to Yates and work on improving your play. His baseball analogy was dead on.

@AJ: Make some cases then. If all you are going to do is repeat "Let's lynch Ree or Fuzzy" over and over, it's not going to go anywhere. Make a case so others can make up their own mind. Make a case so it looks like you are actually making an effort. Make a case so that Fuzzy and I can defend ourselves. Just make a freaking case.
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:45 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 595, Yates wrote:If murple flips scum, you will be scummy for buddying her. If murple flips Town, you will be scummy for distancing from her. You see how that works?

I see confirmation bias, and lots of it. I really don't understand your insane aversion to sheeping an argument you agree with. I had made similar points towards you throughout the game, which Ms M fleshed out and formulated as a rather compelling case. Also, what the hell are you on about Ms M misinterpreting Mhork's post? The Asperger's comment is wildly inappropriate and rather wrong, too. Mhork has indeed expressed sympathy towards Ms M replacing into such a bad slot and I too read his greeting with a slightly apologetic tone. If you could just go ahead and get off your high horse, that'd be great...

Ree, mind explaining why you think scum-Ms Marangal would tunnel on Yates after replacing into a suspicious slot? Surely if she's scum trying to save herself, attacking levi or fuzzy would be much easier. What valuable information would her lynch give, besides her alignment? "I have all these great connection tells" isn't really convincing. Yates has already stated that regardless of her flip, he'll see me as scummy for it, demonstrating that you can always twist the sort of buddying and distancing that's been going on recently as town- or scum-tells regardless of the flip.
Wandering but not lost
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:45 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Vote Count 1.7

• [L-1]
    Ms Marangal
    - Mr_Ree, Lord Mhork, fuzzybutternut, Yates, leviathan93
  • fuzzybutternut
    - Ms Marangal,
    kiwieagle
    thenewearth, Human Destroyer
  • leviathan93
    - SafteyDance
  • Mr_Ree
    - Aj the Epic
  • Yates
    - serrapaladin

thenewearth
has replaced
kiwieagle

Deadline has been pushed back until the
10th

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Deadline in (expired on 2013-03-10 21:00:00)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”