Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:44 am

Post by Equinox »

It's almost like you've never seen me do that before, though to be fair that was 2 years ago.

My head's swimming right now, so hammer whenever. I'll keep reading and will post if I have anything if thread is not locked, but I don't have anything else to add right now that so far BT doesn't look all that different from the town games he has played here, but I'm not entirely sure if I can read him because I may be biased in favor of his playstyle.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Equinox »

The word "besides" is missing in that post, so if something doesn't make sense, that's probably why.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:58 am

Post by Benmage »

I don't know what I did 2 years ago...

I'm at work. I'll hammer before I go home if noone has 6pm EST.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Benmage »

Hey at least this time the thread will be locked so Jason won't miss anything. During his weekend v/la.

Am I being to optimistic to think he can contribute tomorrow?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:12 am

Post by camn »

Yes, you are. He should be vigged for inactivity.

And kuribo- don't second guess.
If we both live, you will see.
I have a plan.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:29 am

Post by kuribo »

That's exactly what has me second guessing you camn.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:47 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2633, Equinox wrote:
In post 2628, BT wrote:Equinox, what changed between this post and your current stance in regards to my lynch?

I had a town read of you after reading the end of Day 2. When I saw DeasVail and kuribo post cases, I started having doubts, but I kept going back to Vifam's behavior and yours, and then when Cerulean added their case to the mix, that was 3 people who I trust in general and I decided to sheep them. A wild Nostredeus appears. After that, I started having doubts again and decided I'd better read you properly except that's been going on now for 3 days, even if the stance seems like a new one.

Anyone who went vifam's spontaneous behavior means town should check out his spontaneous scum behavior in ny161. It's vifam's posting style, so his posts here are really quite null as far as alignment telling.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:52 am

Post by camn »

In post 2655, kuribo wrote:That's exactly what has me second guessing you camn.

That's part of the plan :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:01 am

Post by Equinox »

...so, uh, I'm a numbskull and probably one of the bigger ones on the site. I just realized that I'd been assuming for 24 hours that sottyrulez had been vigged, which they weren't, which means that I'd jumped off Nostredeus due to a false assumption.

Ahahaha. At least I can take solace in the fact that I'm getting lynched for playing poorly, which is partly true at the very least. Wish I could say I'd do more reading in light of this realization and reevaluate where I've been, but I actually won't be here to do that before Benmage hammers.

Considering what Cerulean just said, I'm going back on what I said about not voting my counterwagon.

Vote: BT

In case I'm not here to say this: Good luck. Sorry for being a useless sack of shit.
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:10 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 3, Votecount 26

Equinox (6) - ChannelDelibird, BT, Nostredeus, JasonT1981, Shaft, Plessiezarus

BT (6) - kuribo, Deasvail, Cerulean, Zdenek, camn, Equinox

Nostredeus (1) - Benmage

Not voting (0) :
NO ONE

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 9th of March at 17:15pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-09 13:15:28)
  • Nostredeus is V/la

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:13 am

Post by kuribo »

If any of my null reads wants town points, hammering BT would go a long way toward that.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:16 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

This is me explicitly not moving to BT unless things remain this way with five minutes until deadline.
#greenshirtthursdays
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2658, Equinox wrote:...so, uh, I'm a numbskull and probably one of the bigger ones on the site. I just realized that I'd been assuming for 24 hours that sottyrulez had been vigged, which they weren't, which means that I'd jumped off Nostredeus due to a false assumption.

Er. What? Where did this come from? You didn't talk about sotty being vigged when you moved off Nostredeus. And why would sotty being vigged make you unvote Nostredeus anyway?

And how could you
forget
that sotty was night-killed by scum, when you previously said:
In post 2349, Equinox wrote:The thing I'm worried about is why Shadoweh and sottyrulez were arrested specifically

... and then spent several posts talking about looking at people like Zdenek and kuribo to analyse why they weren't killed? If you were "worried" about why sottyrulez was arrested, how could you then
forget that it happened
?

(Also not moving to BT.)

~ Pless
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:54 am

Post by kuribo »

I'm getting the sinking feeling Equinox hasn't read the game

Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:55 am

Post by Nostredeus »

Also not moving my vote.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:59 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2664, Nostredeus wrote:Also not moving my vote.

Thought you read BT as scum?

Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:09 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2616, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 2604, Cerulean wrote:
In post 2603, Plessiezarus wrote:In the last post from Empire addressing his Equinox read (#2467), we got the impression he was actually pretty confident on his town read on her

Erm, not sure where you're getting the impression that I was confident in that post, hence why I said it was based off really old meta that I had to go over again.

"I honestly don't think Equinox is scum" sounded pretty confident to me, even with the caveat about needing to check old meta again.

(Have you linked to this old meta yet?)
s

I think it's quite apparent that we don't feel really confident in our reads on anyone in our Poe list. Tml was a strong town read for empire but that's weakened over time. He thought she looked rather town upon replacing in, and the meta he had zar already read. They played in micro 53 and she linked her scum games there, but zar linked more relevant games yesterday, which empire looked through last night. He thinks zar has a point as some of her replace in posts match here somewhat well, and if she does flip cop thinks Nostredeus fits for a partner due to her behavior here being similar to there, possibly bt also as she has a tendency to bus. But he didn't have a chance to read through her town games to see how that matched up and is without Internet today.

(empire tends to lose his confidence even more than I do after being wrong, and even though I had a weak town read on arthur, going into that last day empire was pretty convinced that there was no way town would say some of the things arhtur was saying and was believing he was scum as strongly as you guys did. He also thought that tgah was town when I was questioning it. So even though him saying "I honestly think she's town" might sound like he's confident, he's really not. But I think he has a hard time giving up his town reads, so would likely be inclined to think she was town if she sounded like town. I don't know if that makes any sense and now I'm just rambling.)

After she claimed most of our chat centered around if that claim was likely to come from town, so he wasnt ale to look through the town games. And if she flips Avon, then kise needs to be looked at more closely as we've been writing him off based on his claim. Her flavor explanation for her role was way better than kises who was like "I'm that white dude you guys were talking about...the lawyer" and who has done very little in the game since. At the very least I think tomorrow should be mass claim day because something doesnt feel right. Empire and I talked about suggesting last night, but we don't have time to do that so decided it was silly. If she flips cop bulletproof, which I would guess would be Kima based on flavor and she's most definitely here since bubbles is, then probably never mind, but I would expect there to be a scum bp or doc here somewhere.

And it dawned on me that she probably got off of Nostredeus because she thought he was soft claiming vig when he said he'd claim at l-2 and we'd all have a good laugh and that he'd vigged his suspect Sotty, but then you pointed out that she'd mentioned already that theyd been arrested and now I'm whimpering again. (as an aside, if you think it's impossible to make those mistakes in assumptions, you haven't been paying enough attention to the idiotic things I say and do in games from time to time.)
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:13 am

Post by Nostredeus »

For reals Kuribo? Has anyone on the BT wagon been reading the game.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Cerulean »

I, for one, haven't. I figured I'd just wing it. >_>
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:27 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2667, Nostredeus wrote:For reals Kuribo? Has anyone on the BT wagon been reading the game.

Says the Guy riding a wagon with jason

Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:07 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2666, Cerulean wrote:if [Equinox] does flip cop [Empire] thinks Nostredeus fits for a partner due to her behavior here being similar to there, possibly bt also as she has a tendency to bus

Could definitely see Nost as a partner to the TML slot, yes. Would like to look at Nost's completed scum games to double-check that, perhaps, but no time today (and if Equinox doesn't flip Cop it would only be a waste of effort). Would suggest TGAH didn't know Nost was Police though :neutral:.

In post 2666, Cerulean wrote:And if she flips Avon, then kise needs to be looked at more closely as we've been writing him off based on his claim. Her flavor explanation for her role was way better than kises who was like "I'm that white dude you guys were talking about...the lawyer" and who has done very little in the game since.

Not sure having good flavour means much -- looking at the ASOS QT I linked to earlier, Faraday seemed to give out sample flavour along with safe claims. (I think he's offered to provide flavour for fake-claims in other games, too?) And while Kise's initial claim was a textbook example of how
not
to convincingly claim a role, the possible breadcrumb in BabySpice's iso, together with the fact Kise claimed a variant of doctor most people have never heard of but that Faraday certainly has, certainly seem to point to the claim being legitimate.

In post 2666, Cerulean wrote:If she flips cop bulletproof, which I would guess would be Kima based on flavor and she's most definitely here since bubbles is, then probably never mind, but I would expect there to be a scum bp or doc here somewhere.

Kima makes quite a lot of sense as bulletproof scum, yeah. (But, actually, with "kills" being arrests, Avon makes some sense as bulletproof town, so ... meh.)

In post 2666, Cerulean wrote:And it dawned on me that she probably got off of Nostredeus because she thought he was soft claiming vig when he said he'd claim at l-2 and we'd all have a good laugh and that he'd vigged his suspect Sotty

Hmm. Maybe. Don't think the timing works, off the top of my head, (because she talked about having thought it for 24 hours, and didn't Nost soft-claim well before that?), but maybe.

In post 2666, Cerulean wrote:as an aside, if you think it's impossible to make those mistakes in assumptions, you haven't been paying enough attention to the idiotic things I say and do in games from time to time.

It's certainly possible to make these sorts of odd mistakes as town, yes. But I think they're at least somewhat more likely from somebody who is only pretending to be thinking about the game and to be trying to hunt scum than they are to come from actual town. (This isn't something I'd find especially damning if I didn't already have reasons to suspect TML, of course -- it's just one more oddity.)

~ Pless
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:12 am

Post by Shaft »

Now isn't this some nickolodeon shit right here? We really don't have time for eq to go into analysis on how sotty =/= vigged = renig mode all of a sudden.The easy guess is to invert the reasons (lol) for not voting nost and bt, if that makes sense when it won't. No pressure but I trust you to make a good choice here Ben....pedit im thinking we got our omar/sk. There has to be more than friendly, neighborizer and doc that a mafia tracker would need to track. Killproof is a somewhat needed passive for town but ehhh, I'm wondering what other antitown powers there are.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:13 am

Post by Zdenek »

Unvote

Only voting to hammer at the deadline.
I'll be around.
I'd rather force a non-confirmed person to act.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:15 am

Post by Zdenek »

Dear SK, if you are still planning on pretending to be a vig, if we get a town flip today, fucking shoot the other leading wagon.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:23 am

Post by camn »

In post 2667, Nostredeus wrote:Has anyone on the BT wagon been reading the game.

I have. Every excruciating page.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”