/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:49 am

Post by Vi »

In post 799, Empire wrote:I don't really see why Vi is being singled out here
The alternative is CES finding another Townie to mislynch. Also, I'm the one with a wagon.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Empire »

In post 775, Tammy wrote:Okay re-made it through the first 10 pages and think that ces/wicked are good votes. If either is scum, the other works...

How so? And what happened to your Wicked townread from D1?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:01 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 799, Empire wrote:
A ton of people suspected Johhog despite him making that post and despite Tammy pointing out the PR possibility in her wallpost (and even I was wavering on the Johhog townread at the end of the day). I don't really see why Vi is being singled out here, especially given that this roster is fairly competent and should have caught that/considered it more.

Apart from the Tierce-Vi thing, it felt like a very natural accompaniment to my vote.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:38 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 2, Votecount 3

OhGodMyLife (1) - Tierce
Vi (3) - Benmage, Cogito Ergo Sum, Tammy
Cogito Ergo Sum (3) - Llamarble, Empire, Vi
Benmage (1) - OhGodMyLife
WickedestJr (3) - Shadoweh, Nachomamma8, Konowa

Not voting (2) :
Deasvail, Wickedestjr

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 21st of March at 11:15pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-21 19:15:44)
  • WickedestJr is V/la

are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Shadoweh »

..Oh, he's on V/LA. -_-
Vi, can you sum up your vote in a way that doesn't sound like Oh My God CES You Suck? And I honestly would never have caught that Johhog thing as a PR claim. As saying he meant he was busy or something, but I'm surprised it was obvious to anyone.
I am also refraining from ranting about the kills only because it's not topical anymore, but suffice it to say I believe the deceptive thought patterns are bad for the future.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by Tierce »

Still alive.
And not drunk, I promise.
I'll brain about this game later.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by Benmage »

I'll read tomorrow.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 804, Shadoweh wrote:Vi, can you sum up your vote in a way that doesn't sound like Oh My God CES You Suck?
Well if you want to get down to brass tacks I wouldn't say CES sucks because that would imply that he's Town giving a good-faith effort. In the medium term what he's doing is working out well from a scum POV.

CES has spent the entire game thus far tunneling on four people, all of whom are actually pretty likely to be Town and all of whom just happen to have been the major wagons going on without his input. Three of them were targets of opportunity (Llamarble, N, penguin_alien) and I was just an easy pick along the way to lynching N and penguin_alien.

Now consider that Johhog softclaiming his power role sounds a
whole lot
like why he was killed (feel free to come up with an alternative explanation; I'll wait). Now you get to choose whether you believe I'm spinning webs of elaborate fake confusion about why he was killed, or if I was actually left out of the loop entirely AKA not scum. I'm legitimately surprised that people who have read a whole lot more of this game than I have (well, the Townies, anyway) have not picked up on this yet.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 784, Vi wrote:
Vote: Cogito Ergo Sum
(L-3)
Though to be fair to all parties this was a bad vote.

Vote: Cogito Ergo Sum
(L-3)
#YOLO

Much better.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Post by Faraday »

Prodding Llamarble and OhGodMyLife
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 801, Empire wrote:
In post 775, Tammy wrote:Okay re-made it through the first 10 pages and think that ces/wicked are good votes. If either is scum, the other works...

How so? And what happened to your Wicked townread from D1?

Scrapped it. I scrapped most of my reads from day one other than the ones I felt confident about and am reassessing, especially since being horribly wrong about johhog. And my wicked town read was admittedly for a pretty silly reason. He mentioned that the CTD/Shadoweh thing felt like bussing and because I had gotten a little paranoid over the same thing thought he was town for demonstrating my thought process. But, CTD/Shadoweh weren't bussing, and Nacho made some really good points regarding wicked that I had been overlooking by that point. Anyway, both are good votes to see what comes of it regardless.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Post by Empire »

I was more curious to see why CES/Wicked can work as a team, given that post you made.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by Tammy »

Oh sorry. In he makes sure to follow up with Ben why he called CES scum. Benmage had previously called both Empire and CES scum in without any reasoning for either, so why is CES the only one that wicked mentions? (He also does a similar thing with wondering why Tierce thinks N is scum in )

Both of these seem rather throwaway and don't seem to serve a real purpose than to be commenting on someone for the sake of it. Also, they both are in the list of people that CTD didn't really mention/mentioned in throwaway posts, and I know the mafia traitor role is a tricky one for us to make sense of on how they would treat their partners, but it's something I want to look into.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:24 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 471, Vi wrote:
Tierce 418 wrote:Vi, Tammy, T/S
You've seen a lot more Tammy-scum than I have, and from what I've heard I'm not going to be good at reading her.

With that said, T.

But why though? At this point even empire, who should be good at reading me, didn't feel really comfortable calling me town. Why did you, even with the caveat?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 793, Vi wrote:
In post 791, Tammy wrote:
In post 784, Vi wrote:
In post 783, Empire wrote:Vi, CES, T/S
Short answer: S

I said D1 that I thought CES was Town; his means of coming around to suspecting me seemed logical and supported by a surprising amount of thought (specifically "any that he chose to share"). At this point it seems evident to me that CES is tunneling me as an end to itself; if you understand what he's said about me Today, please tell me. Something similar happened with {Vi, N, penguin_alien}; notice that not only did CES coax both of the two wagons,
but he deliberately didn't choose until his vote would hold the least accountability
("just put one down for the sake of avoiding No Lynch"). Now look at this exhaustive list of people CES has pushed over the course of the game:
This doesn't seem like a very valid point. I've only seen CES!scum a few times, but none of those time did he deliberately try to avoid choosing a vote so that his vote didn't have much accountability. He might still be scum here, but this is a weak.
Luckily, I said a fair amount more than you bolded.

The bolded was all I took issue with >_>

vi wrote:
Tammy wrote:
In post 788, Vi wrote:
In post 787, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Or anyone else who takes the time to read Tammy's walls.
That definitely implicates you more than me.
Sympathy for the reader.

unvote
vote: Vi
We're talking about CES; it's more like this.

If it makes you feel better, I've not read several peoples' walls. (If that doesn't make you feel better, etc.)

The inspiration for my post!

It never makes me feel better to be lumped with everyone else :(
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vi, I wasn't sure whether what CES was saying about you having particular reason to read Johhog's posts was correct. Maybe that isn't such a valid point though.

But then there's , where the whole 'spinning webs of elaborate fake confusion' feels exaggerated because I'm pretty sure it's the type of thing scum would want to do, and without much difficulty either.

Eh, Vi seems kind of town from her ISO, but I actually find that post scummy.... I'll sort it out later.

So, I was distracted and am running out of time again, and the busiest time of my week is coming up, so I'll say the stuff I want to say now.

Vote: Konowa
as he's probably my most solid scumread. I maybe support the Vi wagon too. CES is leaning town (maybe I'll ISO him later to check, but I'm pretty sure that's where my read is). Wicked has been someone I've put off actually trying to read and I guess it's the same again today (sorry!), but from what I remember I think he could be scum? I'll work this out too.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:32 am

Post by Llamarble »

It's hard to casemake about CES.
I want to say how he treated me this game is funny, but it's different from the Revolution mafia buddying because he voted me for a non-bad reason first.
PoE is part of my vote. And CES' voting does work from scum.
I've disengaged for long enough that I will probably mindchange considerably when I reread tomorrow, but we'll see.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:45 am

In post 807, Vi wrote:
In post 804, Shadoweh wrote:Vi, can you sum up your vote in a way that doesn't sound like Oh My God CES You Suck?
Well if you want to get down to brass tacks I wouldn't say CES sucks because that would imply that he's Town giving a good-faith effort. In the medium term what he's doing is working out well from a scum POV.

So you're just arguing mild suckitude, is what you're saying? Mafia is a long-term game

Vi wrote:CES has spent the entire game thus far tunneling on four people, all of whom are actually pretty likely to be Town and all of whom just happen to have been the major wagons going on without his input. Three of them were targets of opportunity (Llamarble, N, penguin_alien) and I was just an easy pick along the way to lynching N and penguin_alien.

I think a lot of people are acting townish, so I'm not too surprised that my suspicions would align more with the general populace this game (+2 of the 4 are likely scum). Calling yourself a pre-existing major wagon is inaccurate and suspicious (also the only way of making what you said make a lick of sense). "Easy pick along the way to lynching N and penguin_alien", yeah, that's just the accountability garbage then. Have you even ever executed a convoluted plot like that?

Vi wrote:Now consider that Johhog softclaiming his power role sounds a
whole lot
like why he was killed (feel free to come up with an alternative explanation; I'll wait). Now you get to choose whether you believe I'm spinning webs of elaborate fake confusion about why he was killed, or if I was actually left out of the loop entirely AKA not scum. I'm legitimately surprised that people who have read a whole lot more of this game than I have (well, the Townies, anyway) have not picked up on this yet.

Did I really need to spell out that faking ignorance is a perfectly legitimate play?

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:46 am

Just help me lynch Vi, I'm totes bussing.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:58 am

In post 820, Vi wrote:And Tomorrow if there's no obvious safe push you just go with whoever winds up with the wagon. It's not that difficult when on a meta level there's no expectation for you to positively contribute.

I got BoPed in Revolution mafia because the town wouldn't let me bus Kanye and that was ages ago. This isn't even close to true.

In post 820, Vi wrote:You have lost all credibility by tacking "and suspicious" on. You wasted words on that feeble attempt to drive home your irrelevant point?

I'm not one to let a "overestimating one's own wagon" scum tell pass by unnoticed.

In post 820, Vi wrote:Given how much :effort: I've put into this game I think it's an unlikely one.

It doesn't take much :effort: to say you didn't know something. It's not a particularly intricate play.

Vi wrote:I gots ta say, though, you're really stroking my ego about my scum game. It's a lot better than what I remember people (and Tammy) saying.

See, I was actually worried your scum play seemed unreasonably bad at first. Good to know.

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 am

Post by Konowa »

Obv prod dodge. This happens after work.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:45 am

Post by Vi »

In post 813, Tammy wrote:
In post 471, Vi wrote:
Tierce 418 wrote:Vi, Tammy, T/S
You've seen a lot more Tammy-scum than I have, and from what I've heard I'm not going to be good at reading her.

With that said, T.
But why though? At this point even empire, who should be good at reading me, didn't feel really comfortable calling me town. Why did you, even with the caveat?
Because I had no reason not to except what I said.

CES 817 wrote:So you're just arguing mild suckitude, is what you're saying? Mafia is a long-term game
And Tomorrow if there's no obvious safe push you just go with whoever winds up with the wagon. It's not that difficult when on a meta level there's no expectation for you to positively contribute.

CES 817 wrote:Calling yourself a pre-existing major wagon is inaccurate and suspicious (also the only way of making what you said make a lick of sense).
News flash: Sometimes I don't make sense and sometimes that's actually not intentional.

You have lost all credibility by tacking "and suspicious" on. You wasted words on
that
feeble attempt to drive home your irrelevant point?

CES 817 wrote:Did I really need to spell out that faking ignorance is a perfectly legitimate play?
Given how much :effort: I've put into this game I think it's an unlikely one.

I gots ta say, though, you're really stroking my ego about my scum game. It's a lot better than what I remember people (and Tammy) saying.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:14 am

Post by Tammy »

Am I hallucinating or did ces just respond to Vi a couple hours before he actually made that post? I think I need to go back to sleep.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 822, Tammy wrote:Am I hallucinating or did ces just respond to Vi a couple hours before he actually made that post? I think I need to go back to sleep.

Clear scumbuddies who messed up their staged play!
(The board was borked up for a while earlier today.)
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:21 am

In post 822, Tammy wrote:Am I hallucinating or did ces just respond to Vi a couple hours before he actually made that post? I think I need to go back to sleep.

I would've responded sooner but board didn't let me post for a few hours.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”