NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Post by Keybladewielder »

Hmmm...
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I was about to say, I didn't remember a Cerulean in this game.

Now onto the meat of this post. I HATE people treating me like I'm stupid or don't know what I'm doing because of how long I've been playing this game. I know exactly what I'm doing, thank you very much. My self-vote gave me plenty of information. Robo's vote was due to him wanting to self-vote. It's not alignment indicative, although the way he said it gave me a slight town vibe. I had already ruled Reek's vote as null for precisely the reasons you pointed out. I took note of your dislike for the move, but reluctance to vote, which I saw as scummy, but it might be because one of your heads are so far up your own self glorified butt that the other is spending their precious time trying to fish it out. My conversation with BT gave me plenty of insight into his alignment and play, and he is therefore a solid town read. The move also succeeded in getting us out of RVS to do some actual scumhunting. So don't get on your pedestal and tell me that I'm just a lowly noob who doesn't know what he's doing and shouldn't be in this game (And yes, I KNOW you didn't outright say it, but it was implied).

We might dance later, but for now, I'm going to keep my vote where it is until I have some time to cool off.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
OtterHorse
OtterHorse
Townie
OtterHorse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by OtterHorse »

In post 170, Titan wrote:Oh I forgot, I don't agree with this. I don't see how any policy/utility lynch is good for this game. I know how tou feel about them, but Two policy lynches puts us at lylo essentially. Three mislynches and we're done if they're at the start of the game. So not interested in those.

Game is nightless. 8:4 nightless is no longer an open due to it being noticeably townsided (town is 5-1 I think), extrapolate to a 10:5 being "somewhat town balanced" and even if we hit town with two policy lynches we are in a slightly town sided position. There is a reason I didnt join this one until I argued a bit with some other ponies about how the game was balanced in practice as opposed to theory.

Titan actually not realizing the game is nightless makes me think they are town. I would expect town to notice this too, but missing really big things is usually something that town does instead of scum. Its kinda like the VT tell, scum hit it at times but its accurate enough to use.

Still no clue where my otter buddy is but will just start opening things up:

1) @RM - In 42 you respond to the comment about Titan wanting an all hydra alliance but I read that as more of a joke than anything else that you got a little defensive about. I think everypony actually knows that hydras can be scum, but your reaction seemed to be trying to prove the point and then seemed to dodge making any sort of alignment distinction from it and dropped it. What was the point of that post really and did you view it as a tell?

2) @RM - What are your actual reads? Everything has been "I need more" or along those lines while actually not looking to get more from those who you state that about. Are you calling yourself an easy lynch there or Antilles as well?

3) @MM - Why are you against a PL due to in part inactivity (which at that point everypony save one or two had posted)? Was it just due to inactivity or is there a greater reason behind being against one there?

4) @serra - Why is scum more likely to try to policy lynch than town?

Titan wrote:Though I can see rainbow being anal about something like that.

Not sure if I should take this as a complement or an insult.

Pony's Good Lynches: Antilles, RM, MM, Serra, TAM, KBW. Antilles I would be sorta willing to move away if they head claimed but im not a fan of their first post either. Feels really forced.

@Bulb - If you want us to not treat you like you are derpy, self-voting and declaring sompony is scum for voting you due to that is about the worst way to do so. Even if you arent going to be logical, destroying all credibility in the first couple pages is the wrong move. Self-votes DONT give you plenty of information because those who will vote you for it will ALWAYS vote you for it regardless of alignment. If you think you got anything out of it, you are dilluding yourself because all you are doing is attacking/defending players or playstyle preferences. I wont even imply it - you are acting like a newbie player who doesnt seem to know what they are doing.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Post by Titan »

Okay so bulbasaur is prob town for the outburst so meh?

Generally how useless will you actually be? Just so I can get a general sense.

Robo/Klick/Otterpony all give me a good(ish) vibe btw.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by TheUnderachivers »

meh, I'm going to get on this tomorrow.
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:11 pm

In post 178, Titan wrote:Okay so bulbasaur is prob town for the outburst so meh?

Rude. I was just thinking allowed.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.02:

Metal Overlord - Klick
The Acting Method - Titan
Bulbazak - robocopter, Reek, keybladewielder
Otterhorse - underachivers
Antilles - otterhorse
Robocopter - rachmarie
Human Destroyer - Metal Overlord
Reek - serrapaladin
Titan - Bulbazak
Underachivers - Human Destroyer
ms. Marangal - BT
keybladewielder - arcangel8

Not Voting - antilles, ms. Marangal, The Acting Method

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-03-31 00:58:14) or by midnight on April 1st, 2013.

the vote in post 112 is not counted as per rule 5c.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Metal Overlord
Metal Overlord
Goon
Metal Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Post by Metal Overlord »

MS:
In post 158, Ms Marangal wrote:holy fuck, large games have a shit load of activity :<

I skimmed through these 7 pages

and I'm not liking Underachievers at all

nor am I liking Robo, I mean, how is Apathy a town-tell when you are always Apathetic?

My opinion is that bulbazak's outburst seems pretty town-ish to me. His self-vote is disputable and honestly in my opinion rather useless, but if he believes it grants him some information then I don't think its a problem. He has been rather willing to share this info with us and explaining that he finds BT and Robo clean thanks to his maneuver. Unless he is withholding information on purpose(like that other hydra over there) I don't think it would be nice to capitalise on him.

I believe that we can start out with some policy lynch first then gradually and slowly narrow down the scum. My other head has been more active(I think) thanks to his better timezone (I am nocturnal he is Day xD) and I had a lot to read so I don't have any super strong opinions on who is and who isn't definite lynch targets. Perhaps I could read more into the way the other hydra(forgot his name x.x) who does not like sharing which head posts in order to define him a town or scum read, but until then yea thats all from this other head.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Which one MO? We have a few playing this game. There is you, OH, Reek, UA, Titan and Antilles (I think that is all of them?)
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Post by RachMarie »

hold your ponies there OH, I am still trying to get a handle on everyone reads will be forthcoming. There are 17 players in this game and a much larger than usual number of hydras for me to sort out in the big picture.
Also was not defensive, was just pointing out that I had played with scum hydras before that was all. I did not realize it was a joke.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:12 am

Post by Titan »

In post 180, Keybladewielder wrote:
In post 178, Titan wrote:Okay so bulbasaur is prob town for the outburst so meh?

Rude. I was just thinking allowed.

It would be better if you thinking allowed actually included thoughts.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:33 am

Facepalm.

I have nothing to say that need to be said, and it was pretty much more of a prod dodge than anything
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:38 am

Post by Titan »

In post 176, Bulbazak wrote:I was about to say, I didn't remember a Cerulean in this game.

Now onto the meat of this post. I HATE people treating me like I'm stupid or don't know what I'm doing because of how long I've been playing this game. I know exactly what I'm doing, thank you very much. My self-vote gave me plenty of information. Robo's vote was due to him wanting to self-vote. It's not alignment indicative, although the way he said it gave me a slight town vibe. I had already ruled Reek's vote as null for precisely the reasons you pointed out. I took note of your dislike for the move, but reluctance to vote, which I saw as scummy, but it might be because one of your heads are so far up your own self glorified butt that the other is spending their precious time trying to fish it out. My conversation with BT gave me plenty of insight into his alignment and play, and he is therefore a solid town read. The move also succeeded in getting us out of RVS to do some actual scumhunting. So don't get on your pedestal and tell me that I'm just a lowly noob who doesn't know what he's doing and shouldn't be in this game (And yes, I KNOW you didn't outright say it, but it was implied).

We might dance later, but for now, I'm going to keep my vote where it is until I have some time to cool off.

No, my reluctance to vote you was for exactly what I said. What I considered self-consciousness or awkwardness could be a product of inexperience. There's no need to join a wagon of someone just to get a read when I can interct and achieve the same results while pressuring others at the same time. I never once even implied you shouldn't be in this game. I'm not shy, and if I wanted to say it I would. I didn't even come close to thinking that. Voting me for a stupid reason, or what I consider one anyway, tends to hit my condescension button especially when I have reservations about the person anyway.

But I agree with my other head, your reaction to me probably means you're town. No one likes being told that a thought is stupid (and as an aside I call myself out for stupid actions just as much as others), but the scum reaction tends to be a little different than town.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:42 am

Post by Titan »

In post 186, Keybladewielder wrote:Facepalm.

I have nothing to say that need to be said, and it was pretty much more of a prod dodge than anything

Why did you think you needed to prod dodge when you had just posted 7 hours before that post? Especially when you would be here now?

There is now 7 pages of stuff and you have nothing to say? Your only great thoughts this game are that arcangel is scum, bulba is scummy, and everyone else is town.

Is tht still an accurate reflection of your thoughts?
Half troll/Half wall.

Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:45 am

No. Titan is seeming scummier by the minute, and I'm officially done talking with him.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:48 am

For the record--unlike Nero, there is only one policy lynch I will EVER accept:
A policy lynch on scum. :P

To which, {Keyblade, MS Maran, OtterHorse, maybe-Reek, TAM} are all good bets.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:49 am

*And Metal Overlord as well. Posting there has been iffy at best.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:00 am

Post by Titan »

In post 189, Keybladewielder wrote:No. Titan is seeming scummier by the minute,
and I'm officially done talking with him.

That's pretty ballsy for someone who hasn't interacted with anyone, but y'know, us :? Planning on rage-quitting after every conversation you have, mhm?
Half troll/Half wall.

Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 am

Post by Antilles »

In post 189, Keybladewielder wrote:No. Titan is seeming scummier by the minute, and I'm officially done talking with him.

This is terrible.

In post 192, Titan wrote:
In post 189, Keybladewielder wrote:No. Titan is seeming scummier by the minute,
and I'm officially done talking with him.

That's pretty ballsy for someone who hasn't interacted with anyone, but y'know, us :? Planning on rage-quitting after every conversation you have, mhm?

Exactly this.
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:07 am

How am I scum, underachievers
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:11 am

In post 194, Keybladewielder wrote:How am I scum, underachievers
Because your role PM says so, silly. :P
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:19 am

Post by Klick »

@Keyblade:

Why did you think you needed to prod dodge when you had just posted 7 hours before that post? Especially when you would be here now?

There is now 7 pages of stuff and you have nothing to say? Your only great thoughts this game are that arcangel is scum, bulba is scummy, and everyone else is town.

Is tht still an accurate reflection of your thoughts?

More seriously, when I get home, expect an overview. (i.e. In the next 6 hours)
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:43 am

You know why? Because I might not be available to post later.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:36 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

ugh...

Keybladewielder is terrible, How in the world is Titan even remotely acting like scum? his entire case on him sounds like OMGUS. and prod dodge really? I mean, we aren't going to get replaced for not posting every hour so why did you need to prod dodge? Titan's barely tunneling you :/
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:46 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Bump.

Also, yay for finally having my laptop back!
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”