Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:42 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Pless, when the Equinox and Nost flips happened at the end of yesterday, I looked at my list of remaining reads and figured something was wrong. Benmage, being someone I couldn't really remember why I had a townread on, was someone I realised I had to reread. Hence the Day 1 reread and when I began to seriously suspect him.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:43 am

In post 2849, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 2846, ChannelDelibird wrote:I'm pretty sure I hadn't read Benmage very often compared to others - I'd be interested to see where you got this idea from.

Um. I got it from your day 3 posts? The ones I linked to, even.

Yep, sorry, skimmed your post a bit in the haste to respond to the first sentence.
#greenshirtthursdays
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:45 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2848, ChannelDelibird wrote:But let me be clear about this: I am absolutely not going to let you people lynch me in this game. I have done too much work and put too much into it.

Is that meant to be a town-tell? Or are you seriously saying "you can't lynch me because I'm trying s
o hard
"?

~ Pless
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:53 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2851, ChannelDelibird wrote:Pless, when the Equinox and Nost flips happened at the end of yesterday, I looked at my list of remaining reads and figured something was wrong. Benmage, being someone I couldn't really remember why I had a townread on, was someone I realised I had to reread. Hence the Day 1 reread and when I began to seriously suspect him.

But (according to the day 3 posts of yours I quoted last page), you'd only just reread him a week or so before these flips :?.

And you didn't just go from thinking "Benmage is town" to "hang on, maybe he's scum". You went from "Benmage is town, especially if camn is scum" to "we're in a great position and can just lynch Benmage and camn to win". I don't understand how your read can change so much and you still be so confident. Especially since you say you didn't even reread beyond the first half of the game this time.

~ Pless
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:57 am

In post 2853, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 2848, ChannelDelibird wrote:But let me be clear about this: I am absolutely not going to let you people lynch me in this game. I have done too much work and put too much into it.

Is that meant to be a town-tell? Or are you seriously saying "you can't lynch me because I'm trying s
o hard
"?

~ Pless

To be honest, it is supposed to be some kind of deliberate town-tell. It's how I feel, and it's something I was thinking about saying last time my wagon happened, but it is a bit forced. Obviously if you want to lynch me, I can't stop you, but I've rarely been this invested in a game as this and I intend to fight as hard as I can to stop me from being mislynched. It's probably something I should have kept in my own head, I guess, because it [actually stopping this sentence right here because WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM it's not healthy]
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:00 am

In post 2854, Plessiezarus wrote:But (according to the day 3 posts of yours I quoted last page), you'd only just reread him a week or so before these flips :?.

And the fact that I couldn't remember even at that point why I had a townread on him probably says something for how town he is, I guess. I'm really sorry but I can't offer you any answer that will realistically make this make sense to you; I don't remember doing that Day 3 reread of Benmage or why I came to the conclusions that I drew from it.

Especially since you say you didn't even reread beyond the first half of the game this time.

Solid townreads elsewhere + Day 1 strongly indicates that my PoE scumreads are correct = Less motivation to reread rest of game.
#greenshirtthursdays
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:33 am

Post by Benmage »

First of all, sorry for my abysmal play of late.

Life has been overwhelming, yada yada.

If we have to lynch me today, so be it. I understand.

I haven't read much since my last post... some obviously, but nothing to really answer any questions for myself if there are any.

Vote CDB

We the playerlist left, this is a must scum in my book.

His read on Jason. White Knighting to the max. I'm sorry, but noone could be that adamant that Jason would flip town, without knowing it.
-His early tentative play. Scum coasting.
-His "active splurge"... was just him looking at his wagons votes... There's minimal work there at best.

*I can't speak much of late because I haven't been there.

Obviously I know I'm town, so in addition I'll add his easy attack on me. Check my userprofile... I haven't been on the site, period.

So yeah. Me or him. Me then him, fine. I could spend more time pulling strips from his iso, but at this point....why...
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:34 am

Why are you implying that my "easy attack" on you is about activity?
#greenshirtthursdays
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:35 am

Post by Benmage »

Assuming it more so, since I haven't been around to defend myself.

Why am I scum, bullet for me.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:37 am

No. I'm not explaining to you why you're scum. I've already explained my suspicions to everyone else and you're welcome to read up on them if you like.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:39 am

UNVOTE: camn, VOTE: Benmage
#greenshirtthursdays
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:42 am

Post by Benmage »

FUCK U CDB

unvote vote Benmage

DO YOU THINK I WOULD READ IT IF I FUCKING COULD FUCK YOU
(the player, not the person mith)

How fucking simple it would be for you to rebullet to help me.

But no, You're a fucking dick. I WOULD FUCKING READ IT IF I COULD YOU DUMBASS...

fuck you, this game, fuck it... lynch me then CDB fuck u
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:14 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2860, ChannelDelibird wrote:No. I'm not explaining to you why you're scum. I've already explained my suspicions to everyone else and you're welcome to read up on them if you like.

You've explained your reasons for suspecting Benmage once, unless I've missed something. You reread day 1 and decided he made sense as a partner to absta. Why refuse to say this again, or to link to the post in question?

Much like your (apparently deliberate) needling of camn on day 3, I really don't understand the need for this confrontational tone. And I don't understand why you're so reluctant to explain your cases more than once, or to bother rereading the whole game, yet at the same time insist you've invested loads in the game and consequently will "refuse" to be lynched. This is not a pro-town attitude.

Really, just how hard is it to link to or quote ?

Let me try ...
In post 2738, ChannelDelibird wrote:
Benmage

TheGreatestAmericanHero votes Benmage in his first post - if the traitor knew the whole scumteam, this makes me want to vote Benmage. Scum are psychologically more likely to "randomly" vote a buddy because from their POV it becomes a direct choice between voting a buddy and not voting a buddy, a 50-50 rather than just going after whoever like town. It's a point against Benmage.

Benmage's 39: "Yes we are against the cops." - see I'm pretty sure that the natural response here is to say "yes, the cops are the scum" or "Barksdale is town, police is scum". He goes out of his way to say "we". I think you have to do that deliberately.

I could definitely see his 138 as a buddy interaction.

Benmage picks absta up on functional issues like where he is in his catchup and addressing his jason townread as too subjective - feels kinda like a safe interaction.

absta's 900 is begging for the "one-in-three" treatment. Out of Ben, DV and Cerulean I think Ben is clearly the likelier pick (for being at the top of the list as well as scumminess).

... oh, turns out it isn't very hard to do at all. Is there something more to your case on Benmage than the above and "PoE"?

While I'm looking at your iso, another quick quesstion:
In post 2795, ChannelDelibird wrote:I don't see any reason to doubt the Jason-is-not-Police read and I don't see any reason to disagree with Sottyrulez's townread on him. Thus, not lynching him.

Exactly how much is sotty's read on Jason influencing your current Jason read?

~ Pless
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:17 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2838, jasonT1981 wrote:back later this evening. gotta make dinner first.

Does Jason use a slow-cooker or something? This has got to be the world's longest dinner preparation. :shifty:

Jason, can you tell us more about those alternative suspects instead of kuribo you keep procrastinating?

In post 2862, Benmage wrote:predictable and annoying self-vote to CDB's "suspects" usual inflammatory posts

^ and that is supposed to make you town because?

~ Zar.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:19 am

Post by kuribo »

Ben stop stealing my schtick

CDB, you can't very well invoke your effort put in when your best effort comes while being run up the flagpole. I mean at least Jason doesn't give a damn even when he's being voted.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 4, Votecount 7

Benmage (4) - Deasvail, camn, ChannelDeliBird, Benmage

Not voting (5) :
Cerulean, Plessiezarus, JasonT1981, kuribo, Shaft

• With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 25th of March at 3:40am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-24 23:40:28)
  • No one is V/la.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 2864, Plessiezarus wrote:Does Jason use a slow-cooker or something? This has got to be the world's longest dinner preparation.

Jason, can you tell us more about those alternative suspects instead of kuribo you keep procrastinating?

Sorry, thunder and lightening storms.

Aside from Kuribo.. My scum reads are still pretty much up to the start of this page this page much the same with Ben and Kise and CDB being lower on the scales. Out of those 4. I think I could lynch either 4. HOWEVER

Bens self vote and outburst makes me think scums frustrated as hell.

I am stating intent to hammer when I get back on tomorrow if someone already has not.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by camn »

hmm.
Interesting turn of events.

NO counterwagon? I cant tell if that bothers me or reassures me.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Post by Plessiezarus »

If Jason hammers Benmage while Benmage is still self-voting and Benmage flips town, I'll be pretty annoyed. Talk about not playing to your wincon :roll:.

The self-vote just seems such an odd thing to do though. If somebody you have a scum-read on isn't being helpful, why express your anger by voting for
yourself
and not by voting for them? Just doesn't make much sense to me. Also, self-voting after saying things like
In post 1961, Benmage wrote:Unfortunately, I have never seen scum selfvote. Never. (atleast from memory which I'm very confident with)

and
In post 2532, Benmage wrote:you can check my meta. I've never had scum self-vote. I see town do it from time to time, its SHITTTY play but it's OFTEN town.

seems a little too self-aware for my liking.

On the other hand, I think CDB still looks worse. He's "rarely been as invested" in a game, apparently. Yet he completely forgot about rereading Benmage on day 3 and deciding he was town. Instead, he quickly became "very confident" that Benmage was scum based on reading day 1 overnight ... and has no motivation to read further, So he's "invested", just not paying attention to his own reads or motivated to read the thread properly.

Other than talking himself out of being lynched on day 2 (which, to be fair, is something he should be justifiably pleased with if he's scum), I really don't see all the work he's claimed to put into the game, either. Not happy at all that he seems to think this is a reason he shouldn't be lynched. At the same time, the day 1 links with absta and TGAH haven't gone away. And I'm not happy with the fact he keeps going back to sotty as a reason to town-read Jason (since sotty gave up that town-read on day 2, which is something CDB definitely knew about and yet now ignores entirely).

Benmage's last few posts read like scum giving up, but CDB's posts today read like scum confident of victory. I know which attitude I'm more worried about.

~ Pless
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Post by Plessiezarus »

Forgot to VOTE: CDB.

~ Pless
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:25 am

I didn't link to the post in question because a) as I said, I think it benefits nobody for me to argue about why I think Benmage is scum to Benmage (what am I supposed to do, convince him?) and b) I was about to leave the house to catch a train. I'd estimate the weighting of importance of these two things to be about 70-30 in favour of a).

I have absolutely no idea what to make of Benmage's self-vote post. I've never seen anything like it before. It seems like a gigantic, GIGANTIC overreaction. I just don't understand how it would get that explosive, that quickly.

More in a moment.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:35 am

In post 2863, Plessiezarus wrote:Much like your (apparently deliberate) needling of camn on day 3, I really don't understand the need for this confrontational tone. And I don't understand why you're so reluctant to explain your cases more than once, or to bother rereading the whole game, yet at the same time insist you've invested loads in the game and consequently will "refuse" to be lynched. This is not a pro-town attitude.

This Benmage thing and camn are different. In camn's case, it was pretty much 50-50 between telling camn to shut the fuck up with her bullshit tells and showing everyone else what a terrible thing her suspicion of me was based on. I was pissed off then. This time, as I said just above, I just don't think there's any benefit to trying to convince my scumread that he's scum.

If Benmage wants to read what I think of him, it's not far back in my iso and is clearly labelled with the word
Benmage
in bold. My case isn't addressing him, it's addressing everyone else because they're the people who need to be convinced. If someone other than my scumread wants me to explain my case again or re-word it for clarity or something like that, that's fine, I'll do it. My scumread asking me for something like that makes me think they're looking for an opportunity to weasel out of it if I use different wording to try to make the point.

Is there something more to your case on Benmage than the above and "PoE"?

Not really, otherwise I'd've posted it. I'd still rather lynch camn first, frankly. Again, I don't know why this should be a surprise. Our townreads match almost exactly; other than general "we lynched badly" paranoia what I'm saying should be making sense to you.

Exactly how much is sotty's read on Jason influencing your current Jason read?

It's more of a confirmation to me that the townread gained from the absta interaction is right.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:39 am

In post 2865, kuribo wrote:CDB, you can't very well invoke your effort put in when your best effort comes while being run up the flagpole. I mean at least Jason doesn't give a damn even when he's being voted.

I wouldn't normally reread anything overnight and would have made my excuses to do it at the start of today, wasting a couple of days reluctantly going over things then if this were most other games. I wouldn't have gone back through camn's iso to pull up every fucking reason why she's been so terrible when I did in most other games, I just would have lurked even more because it was annoying me. Yes, my being run up kickstarted me into action but the sustained level of input afterward is significantly more than I usually give. Maybe you have to play with me a lot to understand this; I appreciate that this point continues to delve into me asking you to trust me on my own meta, so I'll try not to push it any further than this. But, y'know,
fucking trust me on it
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:40 am

In post 2868, camn wrote:hmm.
Interesting turn of events.

NO counterwagon? I cant tell if that bothers me or reassures me.

tum-te-tum-tum, skating on by
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”