pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:48 am

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

I've never been as opposed to an NS lynch as you've represented me being, Safety.

Since you're applying comments to others, did you feel like applying all your tunneling remarks to implosion? What do you make of implosion's tunneling on me? Does it have your full support? Where is he on your scumdar?
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:15 am

Post by SafetyDance »

I can follow implosion's line-of-thought a lot easier than I can yours.

So implosion, beli, willing to vote NS now? One more as well and that's L-1. Wait a day for a claim then Apozzle can hammer if he's not satisfied? That should take us to deadline.

APOZZLE PLEASE TALK MORE
. This is your stage, use it. Do it for Cub.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:58 am

Post by ac1983fan »

I'm sick and tired of this. VOTE: Nobody Special
Also holy cow I didn't realize I had missed so many pages of stuff. I had an idea in my head I had been melling on:
In post 703, Gammagooey wrote:
Votecount #17

Edosurist (3) Zaicon, implosion, ac1983fan
Belisarius (2) Edosurist, Cheery Dog
SafetyDance (2) pieceofpecanpie, Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer(2) SafetyDance, Apozzle

Since we basically had four wagons, I think it's logical to think that at least one of them was on scum (since they were all stalling / also statistically speaking about 1/4th of the players will be scum anyway).

Apozzle, can you give reads on everyone soon?
Not a dayvig.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Votecount #19

Nobody Special (3) pieceofpecanpie, SafetyDance, ac1983fan
Edosurist (2) Zaicon, implosion
Human Destroyer(1) Apozzle
SafetyDance (1) Human Destroyer
Cheery Dog (1) Belisarius
ac1983fan (1) Nobody Special
implosion (0)
pieceofpecanpie (0)
Apozzle (0)
Zaicon (0)
Not Voting: Nobody!
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline: March 26th 9:00pm EST

Zaicon's requested replacement by PM and I'm currently looking for one-
if I can't find one in the next 24ish hours then the deadline will be extended until one is found.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:27 pm

Well new blood would come as a relief.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Post by implosion »

*sigh*

Unvote

VOTE: NS
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Unless there's tons of objection, I'll claim now rather than wait till L-1. Given the deadline.

However, even in spite of my claim, I doubt there'll be another lynch, so.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I can put you to L-1 now so you can claim now and at L-1 if you like. But I'm not actually going to put anyone to L-1 when there is a replacement coming in as I want to see contributing from them where possible.

In post 745, Belisarius wrote:I'd still rather ice Cheery at this point though.

Is that still just on my post from the start of the day where my fingers typed town instead of scum?

Do you have other reads?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:54 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Claim now then.

And we wait for replacement.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:29 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I am
Town Roleblocker.

Night One I didn't block anyone because I didn't have sufficient enough reads to act upon.

Willing to be directed in the future (if I'm still alive, that is).
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Apozzle
Apozzle
Goon
Apozzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:46 am

Post by Apozzle »

So, the story is that I had an extraordinary amount of work this last week-and-a-half, and the posts that I made were the best I could do in the free time I had. Sorry everyone.

Unvote.

SafetyDance

Safety's reaction to my claim (and his behaviour leading up to it) was probably one of the few reactions that did not feel weird, because it was consistent with his suspicion of Cub - it utterly made sense for him to behave in that way. I do not really see anything from him today that I find scummy, and a lot of what he has been saying is stuff that makes sense to me. He seems to be hunting. Cub was at least starting to lean town on him last night too.

Cheery Dog

Only thing Cheery has really done is make a typo? Not really feeling that as an argument to lynch. He might be a bit jumpy in terms of votes. The content of his posts does not look scummy as far as I can tell.

Nobody Special

Either he is scum, or he is town not playing to win. His posts today have had a distinct taste of not trying, and it sucks (especially given his promises that he would produce more content today). If you are town, you should have replaced out rather than act this way.

Predit: Oh and now you claim a fucking PR? THAT IS GREAT!

implosion

Not really seeing anything that makes implosion look particularly scummy today. Leaning more towards town now.

pieceofpecanpie

I find it odd that he managed to both be one of the major supporters of a GM lynch and never voted for GM at the same time. Having a hard time seeing town or scum through how vitriolic his posts can be. Basically, my read on him has not really changed since I last gave a read on him.

ac1983 fan

What was up with suggesting other lynches with less than an hour to go day one? That seems completely forced to me, particularly considering how often we were discussing how little time there was left. He also started in with this "worst at mafia" bit today.

Scum need to be cold and calculating; but Beli is not being cold and calculating.

No, that is plain wrong. For one thing, the behaviour a person presents in the game is not necessarily their actual behaviour (ie. the fact that Beli's behaviour does not look calculated does not mean it is not calculated). For another, scum do not need to be anything. Also, considering you are neither of those things, this somewhat looks like a roundabout way of saying you are town.

Still getting scummy feelings from ac.

Belisarius

The more I read from Beli, the more I feel like he is trying to hide. He avoided presenting reasons to vote me, he avoided presenting reasons to not vote GM, and he keeps going in with this stupid gambitty bullshit. Cub did not like his expression of doubt about the claim or his annoyance at Cub claiming. His vote on Cheery is terrible - his sole reason appears to be a typo and he does not seem to make any effort to provide a more comprehensive case.

Beli is moving from null to scum.

Human Destroyer

I already said all I really need to say about HD. His reread walls were obvious in my opinion - intended to give the appearance of providing content without providing content, but nobody really bought it so he dropped it quickly. And now he does not want to provide a summary of reads, even though it is highly beneficial to do so. His argument with Safety is really quite awful for reasons I previously brought up.

Zaicon

He remains consistent with what I said about him in 390: posts are solid, when he makes them. So I guess I still feel that he is pretty town.

Edosurist

Not really seeing much case to call him scum personally. GM's #1 scumread but I do not understand why. Cub did not like how he showed up to act remorseful after the hammer dropped on GM, but up until then had found him relatively towny. And there is nothing new that I can see that screams scum. So, is there something I am missing here? I guess that maybe all the promises of getting around to the game might seem scummy in a "if you cannot really commit to the game then replace out" kind of way?

---

Towny Pile: implosion, Cheery, Zaicon, Safety.
Null Pile: PPP, Edosurist.
Scummy Pile: ac1983 fan, HD, Belisarius
For-Fucks-Sake Pile: NS.

Not really a whole lot of change from last time. Safety moved up, Beli moved down. NS is still pissing me off.

---

NS's claim cannot be confirmed easily. If there is even one more PR, then scum have a roleblocker. The only thing that would even give us an idea of whether NS is telling the truth is if we kill that particular scum, or if he roleblocks his way into giving us scum to lynch.

If we lynch him and he flips scum, it might give us some information (focused mainly around people who were defending him because of meta during day one). If we lynch him and he flips town, we just killed a PR and it tells us relatively little because he interacted very little (and the meta argument becomes null at that point). The only thing we will have is wagon analysis.

While I can see how this could be a scum gambit, I feel more as if I would rather give him the benefit of the doubt for another day.

On the other hand, players like HD and Beli have had relatively more interaction with everyone. I believe that their flips will tell us a lot more.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:01 am

Post by SafetyDance »

His claim basically means that scum have a RB too. Straight up WIFOM. If he is a town PR then wtf play this way? Or better yet, why not use your power? GM dead, two masons, plus yourself, that's in 1/9 chance of hitting killing scum, a lot better than 1/11 if it was just a lynch and no other claims.

Still, if you think having him around another day would help, back to HD

Vote: HumanDestroyer
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 am

I hope that NS is lying through his teeth, because goddamn...

UNVOTE:

Apart from NS dropping by to claim he is in fact wasting a town PR rather than scum, Apozzle has also made an appearance. So I'll catch up with all that in a bit, and gather my thoughts with what I believe should be done today. However, right now I'm just angry.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Apozzle
Apozzle
Goon
Apozzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Apozzle »

In post 761, SafetyDance wrote:His claim basically means that scum have a RB too. Straight up WIFOM. If he is a town PR then wtf play this way? Or better yet, why not use your power? GM dead, two masons, plus yourself, that's in 1/9 chance of hitting killing scum, a lot better than 1/11 if it was just a lynch and no other claims.

If he was scum, why not use his power because, by the same reasoning, he might hit a town PR? He could make a defensible argument for using it on most people.

If he was scum why play this way? It has not just been active lurking today. It is straight up anti-playing.

The WIFOMness is kind of my point: no way right now to judge the veracity of the claim, and my personal opinion is that the risk may outweigh the benefits at this time. I choose the tactical lynch - the lynch that I believe benefits town the most - and I do not feel NS is the tactical lynch. That is my opinion. If people do not agree with it I would rather they do not change your vote - the fact that I am confirmed town does not make me right.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 759, Nobody Special wrote:I am
Town Roleblocker.

Night One I didn't block anyone because I didn't have sufficient enough reads to act upon.

Willing to be directed in the future (if I'm still alive, that is).

You should, idk, maybe scum hunt more so that you do have solid reads.

And what good is being directed going to do when there are multiple scum alive, even it there's only 2, they're still able to just have the other one kill.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 757, Cheery Dog wrote:

In post 745, Belisarius wrote:I'd still rather ice Cheery at this point though.

Is that still just on my post from the start of the day where my fingers typed town instead of scum?

Do you have other reads?

Patience perforce with wilful choler meeting makes my flesh tremble in its different greeting
I shall withdraw, but this intrusion shall now seeming sweet convert to bitter gall

UNVOTE:

IGMEOU, though

@SD:
I but acquiesced to a NS lynch; claim notwithstanding I neither support nor oppose it, and will no longer spam up this game with a profitless defence of a player who will not consent to defend himself
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by Belisarius »

On a reread,
@Apozzle:
tu as raison, I should elaborate: My unwillingness to vote GM doth require some expatiation. GM is not only my ex-scumbuddy, she's my
only
ex-scumbuddy, and her play this game was very different.

I didn't like Cub's claim because frankly, I think he's a hell of a lot better at this game than you are, and would perforce be of more value to the town; "obvious" is subjective. In Newbie 1314, I thought I'd made it deadly obvious I was a PR, but both scum, the IC, and an ace player (JasonWazza) all missed it. I saw Cub's claim as suicide, and hey look, he's dead. Is it so unbelievable I'd be upset with Cub's claim? Furthermore, it's just the kind of thing I didn't think he'd do as town instead of taking the chance the scum hadn't caught onto what he said; alas, it is my failing to overestimate, especially those I respect.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Votecount #20

Nobody Special (2) ac1983fan, implosion
Edosurist (1) Zaicon
Human Destroyer(1) SafetyDance
SafetyDance (1) Human Destroyer
ac1983fan (1) Nobody Special
Cheery Dog (0)
implosion (0)
pieceofpecanpie (0)
Apozzle (0)
Zaicon (0)
Not Voting: Apozzle, pieceofpecanpie, Belisarius
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline: Temporarily Suspended - formerly March 26th 9pm EST

Still looking for a replacement for Zaicon.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

In post 760, Apozzle wrote:
ac1983 fan

What was up with suggesting other lynches with less than an hour to go day one? That seems completely forced to me, particularly considering how often we were discussing how little time there was left. He also started in with this "worst at mafia" bit today.

Goodmorning seemed way to town to me, I wasn't sure exactly how much time was left in day one when i made that post. Also I mean can't I acknowledge my poor play? Like you can check out these other posts where I also acknowledged my poor play in other games. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing as scum or town and I do try and occasionally I have fun but mostly I just suck and suck s'more.

--
I think I'll go back on VOTE: Edosurist until a better option presents itself in my mind. I am very highly certain that my hypothesis in my prior post about at LEAST one of Edosurist, Belisarius, SafetyDance, and Human Destroyer is scum. HD could be a good second choice from that group however.
Not a dayvig.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 768, ac1983fan wrote:Also I mean can't I acknowledge my poor play? Like you can check out these other posts where I also acknowledged my poor play in other games. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing as scum or town and I do try and occasionally I have fun but mostly I just suck and suck s'more.

Methinks I liked thee better when thou wert trying to kill me.

This really is appeal to failure
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

In post 769, Belisarius wrote:
In post 768, ac1983fan wrote:Also I mean can't I acknowledge my poor play? Like you can check out these other posts where I also acknowledged my poor play in other games. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing as scum or town and I do try and occasionally I have fun but mostly I just suck and suck s'more.

Methinks I liked thee better when thou wert trying to kill me.

I'm not appealing to anything. Apozzle is arguing that I am scummy because I acknowledge my inability to play this game well (as either scum or town mind you); I'm simply providing references that show that I acknowledge my poor play regardless of my alignment - that is, poor play and my acknowledgement thereof is a nulltell for moi.
Not a dayvig.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

EBWOP: Also, allow me to submit this post from Open 411 in-game; I got rather upset when chamber called me a terrible player especially since I had been attempting to be at least a decent player during that game. Granted these were all six months ago and me acknowledging my poor play doesn't excuse it, but I'm just saying that it's not a scumtell for me to say so.
Not a dayvig.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by Belisarius »

Would that it were that easy; nevertheless, scum routinely try to make town underestimate them and hence appeal to failure doth be a red flag.

That being said: Players I'm not willing to lynch
today
are myself (of course), Apozzle (likewise, of course), SafetyDance, Edos, and you.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by Belisarius »

GDI, elucidation is in order:

EBWOP: Reasons I'm not willing to lynch

Myself: Use your fucking brain
Apozzle: Use your fucking brain
SafetyDance: Because gin. (Sod off, Apozzle)
Edosurist: Admitting some bias here: I tend to get townreads on people who attack me.
ac1983fan: Pushes to lynch are utter horseshit. Horseshit, horseshit, horseshit. For those of you who don't understand what I mean, it's the shit that comes from a horse.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 763, Apozzle wrote:
In post 761, SafetyDance wrote:His claim basically means that scum have a RB too. Straight up WIFOM. If he is a town PR then wtf play this way? Or better yet, why not use your power? GM dead, two masons, plus yourself, that's in 1/9 chance of hitting killing scum, a lot better than 1/11 if it was just a lynch and no other claims.

If he was scum, why not use his power because, by the same reasoning, he might hit a town PR? He could make a defensible argument for using it on most people.

If he was scum why play this way? It has not just been active lurking today. It is straight up anti-playing.

The WIFOMness is kind of my point: no way right now to judge the veracity of the claim, and my personal opinion is that the risk may outweigh the benefits at this time. I choose the tactical lynch - the lynch that I believe benefits town the most - and I do not feel NS is the tactical lynch. That is my opinion. If people do not agree with it I would rather they do not change your vote - the fact that I am confirmed town does not make me right.

It's fine, if worst case scenario happens and we lynch town, then tomorrow he has to go regardless because no one is going to want him at lylo and we find out one way or another then.

So that's why I changed back to HD.

In post 768, ac1983fan wrote:
In post 760, Apozzle wrote:
ac1983 fan

Goodmorning seemed way to town to me, I wasn't sure exactly how much time was left in day one when i made that post. Also I mean can't I acknowledge my poor play? Like you can check out these other posts where I also acknowledged my poor play in other games. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing as scum or town and I do try and occasionally I have fun but mostly I just suck and suck s'more.

--
I think I'll go back on VOTE: Edosurist until a better option presents itself in my mind. I am very highly certain that my hypothesis in my prior post about at LEAST one of Edosurist, Belisarius, SafetyDance, and Human Destroyer is scum. HD could be a good second choice from that group however.

You're useless but you're not going to replace out too are you?

Would you consider moving your vote to HD now? Beli doesn't want to lynch Edo, but isn't against a HD lynch.

In post 765, Belisarius wrote:
@SD:
I but acquiesced to a NS lynch; claim notwithstanding I neither support nor oppose it, and will no longer spam up this game with a profitless defence of a player who will not consent to defend himself

I don't really understand this but ok.

In post 769, Belisarius wrote:

Methinks I liked thee better when thou wert trying to kill
thyself

Fixed that for you. You character-slipped. Oh, and I prefer Whiskey.

Return to “Completed Open Games”