NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:43 am

Post by BT »

In post 423, Metal Overlord wrote:
Yeah, remind me, were do I say that I don't want to policy lynch him? In fact, iirc, he's been listed as a possible PL by both heads. And on that, if I've gotten this correctly, Ant is supposed to be pretty competent, so wouldn't lack of activity be ground for a regular lynch and not a policy lynch? Well, whatever it is, I don't see a problem with lynching them, though it seems like more posts from them could make it better.

I'm talking about this:

In post 370, Metal Overlord wrote:
I am strongly in favor of Policy lynches. To me, if you have the time for it, a policy lynch should be a way to hit the people who are hard to read, and who you wouldn't be able to tell normally. You eliminate them, provided nobody else seems to be scum more then them, on the off chance that they are scum. However, in this game, outside of Key, TAM, or Antilles, I don't see any options, and aside from Key, I don't think any options are really good.

Where you basically direct the PL. Makes everything worse when you direct it at the nonexistent dude over two
common scumreads
with
no explanation whatsoever

By the way, we don't know how competent Ant's slot is. They won't say who they are.

In post 370, Metal Overlord wrote:Thanks for not being a total ass and making something of the mistype. If it's any meta knowledge, me and HD came here from the same site, so know each other somewhat well. Also, isn't this total WIFOM? Anything that leads you to your conclusion, or just gut?

Nah, being all "I'm townreading this dude but I really want to vote him anyway" has 0 benefit for town because it just opens options / acts as a derailer, which means it's more likely to come from scum, like I said.

In post 370, Metal Overlord wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but were do I say this is meant to be protection? Unless I missed it, it was just me saying that I hadn't planned on playing this game. Also, if you dislike my writing style, well, I'll actually agree with you there. If you mean because of the content, then how so?

I think you're using MS's existence as an excuse to overdefend your slot. Not to mention it's an attempt at making people go easy on you, but yeah.

In post 370, Metal Overlord wrote:Also, you say you're not impressed with the defense, how so?

It reads like, well, a defense, where a pure defense is expected to come from scum. You prioritize making your slot look better / keeping MS from being lynched over scumhunting. In #412, just like in your reply to me right now, it's important for you to relieve all suspicion from your slot by correcting every little detail possible and without confronting people that much.

In post 370, Metal Overlord wrote:As for voting me, I'm curious, what do you hope to gain from it? Actual lynch, in which case how to you justify this slot, which has at least given something to go off of, over ones which have done nothing or next to nothing? And if it's simply for pressure, well, k, gl with that.

Are you hopeful that I'm only trying to pressure you? That's cringe-worthy. I think you're scum and you're reading the justification.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:46 am

Post by BT »

Wait, what head is this? Is this the head who replied to HD?
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:51 am

Post by BT »

Basically how do you feel about HD finding you scummy if you two know eachother? You're KX, right? It's kind of funny that you barely replied to HD's post that called out all of your posts but it's so important for you to address everything Bulb and I say.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:56 am

Post by BT »

IN FACT most of your reply is saying "blah blah MS is bad" when he finds both your posts bad.

This is so easy.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 419, Titan wrote:Is this post you're working on full of aggressiveness and questions to people? Because I :heart: that Nero, this sideline sort of passive Nero is making me feel twitchy, especially after mastin's mehness.

yes deary

@Sad I just had to make sure you were calling Zoro scum, apparently not using the word scummy means you don't find it scummy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 419, Titan wrote:Is this post you're working on full of aggressiveness and questions to people? Because I :heart: that Nero, this sideline sort of passive Nero is making me feel twitchy, especially after mastin's mehness.

yes deary

@Sad I just had to make sure you were calling Zoro scum, apparently not using the word scummy means you don't find it scummy.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:15 am

Post by TheUnderachivers »

In post 430, Nero Cain wrote:

yes deary

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:18 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

In post 424, BT wrote:
In post 416, BT wrote:
In post 305, Robocopter87 wrote:
In post 117, TheUnderachivers wrote:Do whatever it takes to stop these Dumbo's from mislynching us.

VOTE: Underachivers

Yup, ISO'ed everybody individually and found some stuff. But this little gem was my favorite.

What are your reads?

^ Answer this Robo.

1. Reek - No idea, lurks too much
2. Human destroyer - town prob
3. Antilles - Null-scum
4. Titan - Town
5. ms. marangal - She seems to always be confused but she called me town so she can be town
6. RachMarie - HUGS
7. The Acting Method - uh, null? What the heck, TAM, post more
8. BT - Town
9. Bulbazak - Like heck if I know
10. Serrapaladin - Null-Town
11. The Underachievers (hydra of Nero Cain and Mastin2) - Scum
12. Keybladewielder - Null-Town, people are confusing dumb with scum
13. Robocopter87 - Obvsexy
14. Klick - Is voting Rach becaaaaaaause? Like seriously wtf klick what are your reasons
15. Metal Overlord (hydra of metal sonic and kx) - Eh I dunno
16. Otterhorse (hydra of zoraster and Rainbowdash) - Town?
17. Arcangel9 - No idea

Scum team pick: Reek, Ant, TAM, TUA, Arc
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:22 am

Post by BT »

What's the "stuff" you found, though? That's mostly what I was getting at.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:26 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

A bunch of minor things that gave me a little leeway for reads, nothing in particular, and nothing that I'm willing to make a quote wall out of. The most important one was the one that I quoted for the TUA vote.

Metal Overlord
Metal Overlord
Goon
Metal Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:42 am

Post by Metal Overlord »

Oh, yeah, sorry that I didn't mention, this is indeed KX. With regards towards HD, did you even read some of what it said? There was no way to respond to it at all.

Where you basically direct the PL. Makes everything worse when you direct it at the nonexistent dude over two common scumreads with no explanation whatsoever.

By the way, we don't know how competent Ant's slot is. They won't say who they are.

I don't know why I have to keep saying this, but a full reads post was meant to come immediately after that post, so the reads would have explanations. As for directing the PL, were exactly to you get the idea that I have any authority here, or even honestly care who is lynched at all?
Nah, being all "I'm townreading this dude but I really want to vote him anyway" has 0 benefit for town because it just opens options / acts as a derailer, which means it's more likely to come from scum, like I said.
I won't try to claim it was meant to be completely serious, but I will be honest, considering some of his reasons, I really do/did want to vote him.
I think you're using MS's existence as an excuse to overdefend your slot. Not to mention it's an attempt at making people go easy on you, but yeah. It reads like, well, a defense, where a pure defense is expected to come from scum. You prioritize making your slot look better / keeping MS from being lynched over scumhunting. In #412, just like in your reply to me right now, it's important for you to relieve all suspicion from your slot by correcting every little detail possible and without confronting people that much.
Congratulations, you've got this part completely correct, with the exception of that last part. These posts have been defenses (exception: reads). My goal is to prove that this slot is not scum. To do this, I point out the people I believe to be scum, or at least keep this slot alive until the point comes when those reads can be reasonably assumed not to have been from a scum. And I only correct small details were those details are being somehow misrepresented or misunderstood. As for confronting people, how have these defenses not been confronting people? Admittedly, it does make it a little harder that the people attacking me are my town reads, but hey, I'm doing what I can.
Are you hopeful that I'm only trying to pressure you? That's cringe-worthy. I think you're scum and you're reading the justification.
Honestly, no, at this point pressuring seems kinda stupid, two votes and I'm active etc. However, compared to other options, I think my lynch would be really dumb, and so trying to figure out why you're seriously going for it.
Basically how do you feel about HD finding you scummy if you two know eachother? You're KX, right? It's kind of funny that you barely replied to HD's post that called out all of your posts but it's so important for you to address everything Bulb and I say.
I find it highly annoying, at least for the reasons he has, and (though I can't prove it) since I actually am town. I barely addressed HD because what he was saying isn't exactly something I could respond to. Honestly, just look his post towards me over and see if you could respond with anything productive. Compared to you and bulb, I believed I could do something.

Looking all these questions over, I believe there are two points I should address. The first is the reads post compared to the post before it. The reason the first post sucks so much is because the full reads post was meant to come directly after it, as a part of it. However, as I was making the post, I got distracted by the internet, and ended up not finishing it until much later. The second is my role in the game. I didn't, and never have intended to play a highly active role in scumhunting this game. As mentioned, MS just randomly asked me one night, so I decided to go along with it. I'll defend as best I can, state opinions, and if I see something extremely scummy or something that's been missed by everybody else, I'll do what I can with it. If you want to policy lynch over that, fine, but at least call it that. In future accusations, please factor these two things in. Also, on defending being something scummy, maybe it it, but as it's not something which specifically hurts town, I don't see why a townie can't do it, and as such I do it.

@Mod, delete above post
Metal Overlord
Metal Overlord
Goon
Metal Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Metal Overlord »

Also, @Robo most of your post are bashing Ottar, so how do you get a town read on them? Also, Arc has voted two other members of your "scum team," and a number of the others have been inactive or said very little, so yeah, did you get that by just picking your two scum and three null reads?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:51 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Bashing Otter for actually believing that not claiming hydra heads was an act of scum.

Doesn't make Otter scum or a scum read for me in the slightest.

No I just needed one more person and Arc wasn't looking fantastic so I threw him in with the rest. he'd be the last on my lynch list.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:49 am

Post by RachMarie »

@ Hyrdas

A way to keep from posting on the wrong account which gets kinda confusing to read, Open a 2nd browser (like if you mainly use Chrome, open up Opera or FF), and sign in on your hydra on the 2nd brower. That is what I did for both Purrfect Panda (Me and Elmo teh Azn), and my alt as MZB for Author Mafia.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:57 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.11:

Metal Overlord - Bulbazak, BT
The Acting Method - Titan, ms. marangal, human Destroyer
Bulbazak - Reek, keybladewielder
Robocopter - rachmarie
Reek - serrapaladin, Metal Overlord
Underachivers - Robocopter
keybladewielder - arcangel8, underachivers
Antilles - otterhorse
RachMarie - Klick

Not Voting - antilles, The Acting Method

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-03-31 00:58:14) or by midnight on April 1st, 2013.

The Mastin2 head of The Underarchivers is V/LA until at least the end of March.

Searching for a replacement for serrapaladin.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Klick »

@Robo: Try reading the post I voted her in.
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:26 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

Serra and I are OBV Scum buddies, and he's trying to protect me <3

and my reads are weak because I'm coasting, looking for stuff to attack. I can be passive, and I can be aggressive, but I feel like being passive especially since the only thing I'm feeling strongly about ATM is TAM

other then that BT, you don't really have a case against me.

I am noting your seemingly buddying up to Bulbazak though

and the last time I heard the phrase "this is to easy" it came from scum...

I'm defintely not seeing Rach as scum, and if I had to defend someone, it'd probably be her.
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Post by Antilles »

In post 330, OtterHorse wrote:
In post 328, Antilles wrote:Human Destroyer and Bulbazak feel town.

why?

Gut.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Searching for a replacement for Reek.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:04 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 432, Robocopter87 wrote:Scum team pick: Reek, Ant, TAM, TUA, Arc

Why is Arc part of the scumteam if she's "No idea"

And, same idea, why Arc over MO
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:05 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Wait hold on

In that scumteam guess

Only two of them are actual scum reads

What the actual fuck?
Are you ready for this?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

We know for a fact that there is 5 scum and 12 town.

Yeah I have scumreads but there isn't a two man scumteam theres a 5 man scumteam.

So I put the people who are leaning scum or who I'm just generally OK with killing and put them on.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:07 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 412, Metal Overlord wrote:
All of MO's reads are based off of playstyle and not scumtells. It feels manufactured. It looks as if its only purpose is to placate town. Also, those reads do not match his previous post of reads on which I originally questioned him about.
Well obviously it was manufactured, the whole point of it was to keep MS here from being lynched.

So...not for scumhunting. Gotcha. Also, you were in no danger of being lynched. Explanation rejected.

Also, the question is, based on the reads, what do you assume my alignment is?

Scum.

The point was not to find scum, it was to see how things looked and if anything in particular stuck out.

Your reads list was not to find scum... Fascinating...

Then I moved on to ISOs, balancing with the context I would have obtained from the thread.

Except if you had read through the thread, you would have gotten all the context you needed. Thus, those reads should have been all that was needed. Fact of the matter is, you went about it backwards. ISOs are nice, because they give you a bit of overview on a person's actions without reading through the thread. They're good time-wise for getting quick reads or going over your reads. However, if you want the best reads possible, you go through the entire thread, because then you get everything in context. However, you're claiming to have done the opposite: looking at context for preliminary reads and then without to finalize. Like I said, backwards. Sounds like someone got caught.

I don't know about you, but I see absolutely zero question. You have one question mark, but no questions.

And what's your point?

And, in case you missed it, I didn't say I had null reads, I said people read neutral. It's an important distinction considering I specifically said I planned on posting farther.

No there isn't, unless you're saying that we have a neutral party in the game, which is impossible given the setup. Therefore, null and neutral mean the exact same thing.

Also, the post wasn't made to "answer your questions" they were made since the original part was incomplete, and didn't fully accomplish what I wished.

And yet you add this:

In post 394, Metal Overlord wrote:
@Bulbazak, anything else you'd like to add, or you done? Nothing? Alright, thanks, tell me if there is.

Sounds like town pacification to me.

You say that my reads seem based more on playstyle then scumslips. I'm sorry, but how does that make them any less valid, at least when I consider content and content quality as part of playstyle? Also, I happened to see any scumslips that could be called such, I believe I pointed them out.

Not scumslips. Scumtells. Two different things. Scumtells are what we use to hunt scum and are the basis of our reads. Yet, you never judged anyone's alignment base on scumtells of any kind. It was entirely based off of playstyle, which makes it read fake.

Can we please lynch this guy now?

Going to be catching up in page by page epic wall style. See you guys soon...
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Question are we sure it is one scum team of 5? Or could it be 2 scum teams? I wondered because in Author Mafia, that threw me off.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Post by Klick »

How much of the game have you read?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”