CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Loran, um wow? That big post of yours was really hard to follow and I'm not sure I've gathered how you stand on any of the people mentioned, so summary please? Also kind of mindblowing that you have nothing to say about Mastin but so much to say about everything else. Please reread him.

mastin2 wrote:I had PA as town, yes. The fact that I don't remember why I had PA as town, though, should tell you all that you need to know

It kind of tells me that you're bullshitting. You had her at 80% town. That's a strong read, and you can't explain it at all?

mastin2 wrote:Now tell me what you actually think of PA and me. Am I scum going in to bus her? Am I bad-town who happened to have barked up the wrong tree before but am now catching on?

I find it distinctly possible that you are scum together. In a situation where both scum are generally regarded as town by the majority of players and few mislynches are needed, it's natural for both scum to have mutual town reads on each other and it's also expected that they can't really justify this because it's kind of a no-brainer position to take. I can also easily see you attacking her now as a bussing attempt.

It's not out of the realm of possibility for me to see you as bad-town, though your play here kind of goes beyond bad-town.

mastin2 wrote:And, yes, I did say I had a read on MalaK; I said my vote would be on her if I could. Especially in the post 98/99 range.

No, actually you said you
think you remember
having a read on Mala. So basically this is you saying "I thought she was scum on D2" to me asking you to provide reasoning for your intend to lynch her today.

Your stance on Mala over the course of today:
pre-MR-claim: null read
post-MR-claim: remembers having had a scum-read in ancient times
vote Mala?

There are several things missing here (including consistency, due dilligence and a plethora of other pro-town things).

LS wrote:How convenient. Was it my questions that caused the change?

I can spoil this answer since I'll be expected to verify anyways:
Mastin made the QT post in question on Sunday, at a time when he didn't have access to MS.net. There is no reason for me to doubt him on this so it's safe to say that it wasn't influenced by your post.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

It would be easier if you'd simply tell me what you didn't understand because then I wouldn't have to guess.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Post by UberNinja »

The more mastin talks, the less likely it is I want to see him lynched today.

If not mala, ctd, will you style on penguin? She layin low
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Way to stick to your guns, UberNinja.

CTD, your reaction to Loranthaceae's post really makes me think you haven't read most of the game from before you replaced in as I theorized earlier. Yes or no?
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Loran wrote:Fact is T-Bone and Jal are dead because nobody seriously considered lynching them.

How do you know this? You using this line of thought to incriminate UN doesn't sit right with me.

Loran wrote:Uber should've been able to tell Mala's alignment more quickly.

Also expand on this, please.

Loran wrote:
Also Mala looked to me like she was trying to incriminate me by twisting something I've said in the previous game we played together were I was VT and she was a PR

What are you referring to here?

Re: Penguin - so are your conclusions that you have no conclusions? You present various scenarios without giving indication on whether you find one more likely than the other.

PA wrote:CTD, your reaction to Loranthaceae's post really makes me think you haven't read most of the game from before you replaced in as I theorized earlier. Yes or no?

I have read the entire game twice, every QT at least twice and several ISOs more than once. Now do something productive or get lynched.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:42 pm

Vote count analysis:

Loran wagon wrote:Loranthaceae: 6 (
guille2015
, penguin_alien,
CityElectric, Adam-12, Junpei, T-Bone
)
Malakittens: 3 (
Mehdi2277
, Juls,
Jal
)
Adam-12
: 2 (Lastsurvivor, Malakittens)
Jal
: 1 (GreyICE)

Not Voting: 1 (Loranthaceae)

If there was more than one scum on Loran, the only option left is PA. Her vote came immediately after Guille's, which I think would be fairly cheeky play for scum. In the same vein, LS and Mala sitting on Adam together doesn't look like standard scum-pair behavior. It turns out the Loran-wagon was strongly town-driven on the back-end.

guille lynch wrote:
guille2015
: 7 (GreyICE,
T-Bone
, mastin2,
Mehdi2277
, Malakittens, penguin_alien, Loranthaceae)
Loranthaceae: 3 (
guille2015
CityElectric, Adam-12
)
Malakittens: 1 (
Jal
)
Adam-12
: 1 (Lastsurvivor)

Not Voting: 1 (
Junpei
)

It's a veritable party! Only one person alive who wasn't on the guille lynch, and I think it's null as far as LS is concerned. The wagon happened very fast, and he claims he wasn't around to comment or participate, which I find believable.

At least one person is bussing, likely two.

GreyIce's looks like a pure pressure vote, and he seemed to be legitimately upset by the hammer. If this reaction was faked, I tip my hat to him.
Mastin presented a guille/PA/Mala scumteam along with his vote. I can see this as a bus, but it's kind of doubtful he would implicate his other scumbuddy at the same time (mitigated by the fact that he proceeded to shift his attention away from both Mala/PA as things went further)
Mala and PA are the obvious bus candidates. I think PA's placement looks somewhat more scummy, as I'd think scum would be more comfortable placing the L-1 vote on a speedwagon like this than town. They both look pretty bad though.
Loran's vote is the real puzzler here. I don't think his reasoning for it stands up for scrutiny (basically "it was a shitty bandwagon and I didn't want it to disband, so I hammered") as it means he took a stupid risk if he's town, but I struggle to see the scum angle

LastSurvivor wagon wrote:
CityElectric
: 2 (Malakittens,
Mehdi227
)
Malakittens: 2 (Lastsurvivor, GreyICE)
Lastsurvivor: 5 (mastin2, penguin_alien, Loranthaceae,
Jal, AngryPidgeon
)

Junpei, CityElectric
)

Classic deadline wagon. The only person I think looks good in this scenario is LS, because any of Mastin, PA, Loran could have pushed for CE instead if they were scum with him. Mala is implicated somewhat for the same reason, both PA and Loran were on CE shortly before (making it L-2) and if either of them were scum with Mala, I could see them wanting to spread their votes around. GreyIce was supremely inactive at this stage, so can't really be evalued. Mastin has a slight blemish for attacking Jal joining the wagon while being on it himself (mitigated by looming deadline).

qwints vs. AP, D2 lynch wrote:
qwints
: 5 (mastin2,
AngryPidgeon, Jal
, penguin_alien, Loranthaceae)
AngryPidgeon
: 4 (
Nachomamma8
, Malakittens,
qwints
, Lastsurvivor)
Malakittens: 1 (GreyICE)

CityElectric
)

Loran switched from AP to qwints and was actually all over the place.

This VC features the single most scummy thing PA has done in this game IMO. She had previously expressed willingness to vote AP and her move onto the counterwagon felt very calculated to me. This strongly supports a narrative of PA/Mala or PA/LS.

Mala's placement here is consistent at least, as is Mastin's, who's voting against what he sees as a town-wagon. GI was very much MIA. LS's vote is only somewhat questionable to me because whereas previously stated he changed his mind pretty abruptly on AP, he was previously on qwints and I don't see why LS-scum would want to jump from one town wagon to another in such a fashion.

AP proceeded to self-vote and Loran... didn't hammer? Things like this is why I'm not fully convinced of Loran's innocence. He hammered a scum without prejudice, despite calling it a terrible wagon, but he's extremely hesitant to hammer someone here who he had previously voted and helped get wagoned. He actually voted a variety of people (Nacho, LS, Mala) while AP was at D1, seemingly trying to do anything
but
hammering. Suggests inside knowledge.

qwints L-1 wrote:Vote Count: 5 to lynch

qwints
: 3 (penguin_alien, mastin2,
Nachomamma8
, LastSurvivor)
UberNinja: 1 (Loranthaceae)
CityElectric: 1 (qwints)

penguin_alien: 1 (UberNinja)

Not Voting: 3 (
CityElectric
, Malakittens)

First time qwints is run up early D3. At this point, Mala refuses the wagon, citing her "really, really town" read on Mehdi.

PA takes her vote off, ostensibly to give UN time to read, and Loran immediately puts his on.

Then there's little overall movement until we arrive at the lynch:

D3 lynch wrote:
qwints
: 5 (mastin2,
Nachomamma8
, Lastsurvivor, Malakittens, Loranthaceae)
Nachomamma8
: 2 (UberNinja,
CrashTextDummie
)
Lastsurvivor: 1 (
qwints
)

Not Voting: 1 (penguin_alien)

Things of note here:
Mala has joined the qwints wagon after all despite her very, very strong Mehdi read.
Loran once again wildly threw his vote around while a town-player he previously helped wagon sat at L-1. The reasoning he provided me in his QT on why he hammered kind of falls apart here. He claimed he hammered to "free us of Nacho's tyranny", that he knew Nacho would get NKd after a qwints lynch and that this would give us a clean start with hopefully a more competent MR. If that was truly his thought process, it begs the question of why he didn't hammer sooner. Qwints was L-1 for a significant amount of time, during which Loran voted LS, PA and UN.
After taking her vote off, PA proceeded to do nothing much at all.
UN decidedly refused the qwints wagon.

---------------------

General observations:
LS comes off best. There are several indicators that he's town and no indicators that he's scum based on the vote counts.
Mastin2 was early on all the wagons he participated in, which makes it hard to pin anything on him. Guille lynch makes it somewhat unlikely that he's scum with Mala or PA (who are individually quite likely to be scum) and actually reduces potential scumpairs significantly.
MalaKitten is kind of the flipside of LS. Several scum points, no town points.
UN's slot was missing for large chunks of the action, but his observable voting behavior is solid.
PA's voting behavior looks the most out of anyone's like it's tailored to a purpose. Of note, PA and Mala never voted together (with the notable exception of the D1 lynch) to the point where it looks deliberate. PA wouldn't join the AP wagon on D2 despite voicing support earlier and Mala doesn't join the qwints wagon until PA is off.
Loran turbohammered scum but was very hesitant to hammer town people (despite a general display of hammer-glee). While this looks good on the surface, it's a noticeable pattern and the reasoning he's provided for his actions don't really hold up, making him individually scummy.

-------------------

In summary:
LS should probably never be lynched, Mastin might be town after all, there's evidence towards a possible PA-Mala scumteam and Loran shouldn't be cleared.

I would like some input on this from everyone.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Correction: PA and Mala did vote together for a significant amount of time at the beginning of D2, PA joined Mala on a smallish CE wagon. This was, of course, right around the time PA started to question Mala for her involvement in the guille-lynch ("worse and worse").
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1678, penguin_alien wrote:Way to stick to your guns, UberNinja.

this reaction makes it even more likely that i'll be willing to switch

this looks like a scum dissuasion tactic

and trying to make me look scummy for being willing to vote her

yep. she's up there w/Mala now

Mala/penguin, calling it now
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1680, CrashTextDummie wrote:In summary:
LS should probably never be lynched, Mastin might be town after all, there's evidence towards a possible PA-Mala scumteam and Loran shouldn't be cleared.

I would like some input on this from everyone.

looks like we've finally arrived at, more or less, the same conclusion
i.e. lynch mala, p_a, and mastin. probably in that order

your points about loran would be great except his behavior would be extreeeeemely hard to fake as scum and i'm really just not seeing it

i am not as sure about LS as you, but i will take your word for it

that leaves only the three. if we lynch them 1-2-3 we win, whoever the one townie is that's mixed between the three

we have seven players and we have already more or less cleared 4 of them.

if you can trust me on loran, and if i trust you on LS (i choose too, because you have read him much more thoroughly than me) then this game is all but completely broken.

let's just FINISH THIS. please. thank you.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:38 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

In post 1679, CrashTextDummie wrote:
Loran wrote:Fact is T-Bone and Jal are dead because nobody seriously considered lynching them.

How do you know this? You using this line of thought to incriminate UN doesn't sit right with me.

Because I was there remember?

I'm talking about my last game where Uber, Mala and myself were town and Jal was scum. Uber replaced in and almost immediately defended Mala from my and other people's attacks and stuck to it until the end.

He almost immediately started callnig Jal town and then he explained why.. also note that Jal got to play with Uber about 3 times before that.. in all of them she was scum and Uber was town and Uber was the deciding factor in getting her lynched.
I saw various posts were he claimed he could read Mala and Jal like an open book.

Loran wrote:
Also Mala looked to me like she was trying to incriminate me by twisting something I've said in the previous game we played together were I was VT and she was a PR

I'm referring to that game. Let me get the quote real quick.. can't because forum locked. Links:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4197310
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p4197981
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4199833

Links for Uber's awesomeness:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p4215511 - correct reads
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p4218009 - voting jal
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p4218214 - defending mala
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p4219824 - explaining his jal read
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4221820 - enforcing his read list the; 3 scum were in his 4 player list. DAY!!!! 1!!!!!
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p4224985 - Moar Jal Votes (sound familiar?)

Re: Penguin - so are your conclusions that you have no conclusions? You present various scenarios without giving indication on whether you find one more likely than the other.

Yes, I totally suck at that. I'm just giving you all the info I got, some extra insight for you you to make a judgement on these people. I know you want opinions and stuff because you figure people knew all along what they want and how they want to act etc. but that's horeshit. I change my mind a lot and if you look for continuity look for the big picture not the small, fast-paced shiz.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:40 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

OMG WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WHY DO I MIX TOWN WITH SCUM FFS DO I HAVE ONE OF THOSE FANCY SYNDROMES SWITCHING SHIT AND SHIT >> WTFF!!!!!
I meant to say
He almost immediately started callnig Jal SCUM!!!!! and then he explained why..
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:06 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

Input on your analysis. You are completely neglecting a subjective evaluation of my style of play in this game. Because if you wouldn't you'd understand that I get in people's faces to get information for everyone not just myself. Of course I got in the pigeon's face when he replaced in because I had stuff on Mehdi that didn't make sense to me.. but I was nowhere near the assurance of him being scum especially with LS, Mala and penguin around.
My read on Guille was almost instant.. I didn't even need to get in his face, do the vote dance etc. I immediately started popping out reasons for him being scum so people slowly catch on to it. He was a lurker in a setup where lurking is an imba tactic. Despite that he found the time to bogart something that's pretty much off-topic (penguin confirmation issue) A LOT. Didn't make sense as town ffs.. I worked my ass off to get us info, I went all the way with the confirmation issue to get people's reactions and reactions about reactions and all he has to say is that it's not relevant? TWICE? AND he's voting me? Sticking to his vote? Fuck that .. he's scum, Thank you, Come again, Good Bye BANG!

LS was the worst fucking pain in the ass during Day1 .. just look at who he's stressing.. ME, look at who he's defending .. GUILLE!, Look at who he's obstructing from doing his job.. ME! on penguin. And talking so much shit about him not defending lurking .. wtf man. It's right there written black on white. And I've looked at his meta and it's the same type of questions that he asks as scum in that Buckshot Mafia with Jal. I looked at a game where he was town and SURPRISE NO SHITTY QUESTIONS. How the fuck can that be? He's scum. That's how.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:45 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1684, Loranthaceae wrote:

Because I was there remember?

I'm talking about my last game where Uber, Mala and myself were town and Jal was scum. Uber replaced in and almost immediately defended Mala from my and other people's attacks and stuck to it until the end.

He almost immediately started callnig Jal town and then he explained why.. also note that Jal got to play with Uber about 3 times before that.. in all of them she was scum and Uber was town and Uber was the deciding factor in getting her lynched.
I saw various posts were he claimed he could read Mala and Jal like an open book.

Loran wrote:

I'm referring to that game. Let me get the quote real quick.. can't because forum locked. Links:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4197310
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p4197981
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4199833

Links for Uber's awesomeness:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p4215511 - correct reads
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p4218009 - voting jal
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p4218214 - defending mala
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p4219824 - explaining his jal read
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4221820 - enforcing his read list the; 3 scum were in his 4 player list. DAY!!!! 1!!!!!
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p4224985 - Moar Jal Votes (sound familiar?)

Yes, I totally suck at that. I'm just giving you all the info I got, some extra insight for you you to make a judgement on these people. I know you want opinions and stuff because you figure people knew all along what they want and how they want to act etc. but that's horeshit. I change my mind a lot and if you look for continuity look for the big picture not the small, fast-paced shiz.

Hot DAYUM I need to go back to that style!

I got more sheepers when I used capital letters, punctuation, and complete sentences.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:48 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1686, Loranthaceae wrote:Input on your analysis. You are completely neglecting a subjective evaluation of my style of play in this game. Because if you wouldn't you'd understand that I get in people's faces to get information for everyone not just myself. Of course I got in the pigeon's face when he replaced in because I had stuff on Mehdi that didn't make sense to me.. but I was nowhere near the assurance of him being scum especially with LS, Mala and penguin around.
My read on Guille was almost instant.. I didn't even need to get in his face, do the vote dance etc. I immediately started popping out reasons for him being scum so people slowly catch on to it. He was a lurker in a setup where lurking is an imba tactic. Despite that he found the time to bogart something that's pretty much off-topic (penguin confirmation issue) A LOT. Didn't make sense as town ffs.. I worked my ass off to get us info, I went all the way with the confirmation issue to get people's reactions and reactions about reactions and all he has to say is that it's not relevant? TWICE? AND he's voting me? Sticking to his vote? Fuck that .. he's scum, Thank you, Come again, Good Bye BANG!

LS was the worst fucking pain in the ass during Day1 .. just look at who he's stressing.. ME, look at who he's defending .. GUILLE!, Look at who he's obstructing from doing his job.. ME! on penguin. And talking so much shit about him not defending lurking .. wtf man. It's right there written black on white. And I've looked at his meta and it's the same type of questions that he asks as scum in that Buckshot Mafia with Jal. I looked at a game where he was town and SURPRISE NO SHITTY QUESTIONS. How the fuck can that be? He's scum. That's how.

Dammit. I might have to re-read LS myself.

I thought about it more last night, and CTD's read on you is so bad that I am not sure if I can trust his read on LS, even though I said I would before.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:28 am

I don't have a scum read on Loran. I just don't have a town read on him solid to the point of disregarding him as a suspect. The entire point of VCA is neglecting style of play. It's an evaluation of actions over words, and Loran has had some questionable actions. That's it.

I'm not going to comment on your LS points until he's addressed them himself. I would like a link to Buckshot Mafia though.

And yes, UN, do reread LS.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:36 am

Post by UberNinja »

His questionable actions are a large part of what make him so town. See: my games, my questionable actions. :D
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:36 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:37 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 5, Lastsurvivor wrote:VOTE: Mala

Serious vote!!!1!1!!11!1!!1111!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!

:?
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:37 am

Post by UberNinja »

i could totally see that either way
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 1689, CrashTextDummie wrote:I'm not going to comment on your LS points until he's addressed them himself. I would like a link to Buckshot Mafia though.

Loran's just parroting the same shitty case he pushed on me before, and I'm not going to address it. Because I already have.

Buckshot mafia's right here.

FWIW all my games are in my wiki.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:14 am

Post by penguin_alien »

re: VCA:

I'm assuming for this that GreyICE-UberNinja is town based on GreyICE knowing who the MR was from Day One on with Junpei-Nachomamma8 only getting NK'd Night Three. As I said earlier, I could see waiting one night to take down the MR, but waiting two nights doesn't track. So I'm assuming all votes that GreyICE and UberNinja made are town.

If we interpret the guille2015 as mastin2 bussing, and take into account that scum have day chat, such a move Day One should be optimized for both mastin2 and the other scum to get credit. That Lastsurvivor completely missed the boat on that vote implies to me that he isn't scum. The way the wagon went down knowing that bussing had to have been in play merits more than just the null read you propose, CrashTextDummie. That reduces the scum pool to mastin2, Malakittens, and Loranthaceae.

Day Two has mastin2 and Loranthaceae in rock-solid agreement on the Lastsurvivor wagon. To the point where mastin2's reasons for joining are Loranthaceae's arguments. It doesn't feel likely that they'd both go after a target with one propping up the other's case. mastin2 and Malakittens manage to stay on different wagons the whole day. This can be seen more clearly in the breakdown of where the votes stood every two days here.

By Day Three, both mastin2 and Malakittens (and Loranthaceae) end up on the qwints wagon. Given that mastin2 found out who the MR was that day, and the MR was the only other wagon being floated with any momentum behind it, it stands to reason that scum would rather be together on a town lynch than leave one of them as having targeted the MR. That the MR was supporting the wagon they were on only helps.

I don't see anything that points away from a Loranthaceae-Malakittens scum team per se, but given how much Loranthaceae has jumped around in his voting it's not altogether surprising. Based on the VCA and MR knowledge information, I'd rank scum team likelihoods as Malakittens-mastin2, Malakittens-Loranthaceae, and mastin2-Loranthaceae, with the last of these far behind. Which puts my preferred lynch order as Malakittens, mastin2, Loranthaceae.

I will note that to expand on CrashTextDummie's thoughts on my activity in the AngryPidgeon vs. qwints wagon, let's suppose a mastin2-me scum team. So here I apparently have all the groundwork laid to jump on town-AngryPidgeon. It's the end of page 42, my vote is free, and I don't capitalize on the chance to hammer town? Instead I go jump on a wagon with my scum buddy? Not so much. More to the point, my 'calculation' here was that Nachomamma8 was pushing a lynch on AngryPidgeon with no decent arguments and my two towniest reads, mastin2 and Jal, were on the other wagon. Coupled with my doubts about Mehdi2277, it's not a hard choice.

And yes, I hopped off the qwints wagon. Although I do ask, if Malakittens and I were scum together with day chat ability, what good does it do to implicate both of us in the wagon? If we wanted to stir it up, as Malakittens did in joining, why not have me 'get impatient with the lack of new arguments being made' and jump back on to declare it L-1? Malakittens continues her apathy, I'm the only one tarred with the brush of the townie lynch, and the law of averages means that Loranthaceae's vote ends up hammering at some point.

UberNinja, I do think that proposing a compromise lynch when CTD hasn't rejected your first choice is less than rigorous.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:27 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

In post 1695, penguin_alien wrote:I'm assuming for this that GreyICE-UberNinja is town based on GreyICE knowing who the MR was from Day One on with Junpei-Nachomamma8 only getting NK'd Night Three. As I said earlier, I could see waiting one night to take down the MR, but waiting two nights doesn't track. So I'm assuming all votes that GreyICE and UberNinja made are town.

I've noticed something.
1) If GreyICE knew that Junpei was the MR how can his angry fit about me hammering guille be genuine?
2) How come he knew for sure Junpei was the MR as opposed to me knowing that Junpei is either MR or scum? Objectively speaking I feel like the latter is more attributable to town (in the most unbiased way possible).
3) How come he knew for sure Junpei was the MR PERIOD! Most likely answer: he didn't. He was testing the water, hoping for him to reveal himself, like I was with Adam, then Junpei, then Jal.
4) How would it have looked if Junpei would have been killed N1 => ICE scum.
5) There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to kill the MR on Night 2 because Nacho was derppushing for a mislynch.

So penguin, don't clear Uber just yet.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:27 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1674, Lastsurvivor wrote:
In post 1663, mastin2 wrote:I called it anti-town because in my QT I had already called it scummy.
If memory serves, I was hoping for a reaction
(probably out of CTD).

Why call it scummy in the QT but not in the actual game...?

In post 1663, mastin2 wrote:I voted UN because his posting seemed fake overall and through POE he was among my top candidates for scum. Now, this has since changed over the weekend, as I really don't want to doubt my earlier-self.

How convenient. Was it my questions that caused the change?
First part, answered in the quote itself. Second part, no. It was me realizing I was being an idiot which sparked the change. :P

Voting UN was stupid. When I was presented with CTD being undeniably town, the correct play wasn't to go, "Oh, guess it's the other two, UN and MalaK". (Which is what I did.) The correct play was to step back, re-evaluate my reads, and see where I went wrong. Which I did over the weekend, after realizing how much of an idiot I had been. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

I addition I think it would be in tune with Uber's ego to have a go at trying to lynch the MR directly. If ICE thought Junpei was the MR how the hell can Uber justify pushing for his lynch. Was it a reaction test? If so .. he would've said so already / he would've wrote it in the QT. Somethings fishy here and penguin doesn't / doesn't want to smell it.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:39 am

Post by mastin2 »

CTD wrote: You had her at 80% town. That's a strong read, and you can't explain it at all?
Actually, as far as percentages go, anything below 90% isn't strong. Below 85% is actually pretty dang weak.

And as I said overnight--you're right. Having Penguin as town is BS.

And I did say I had a scumread on MalaK and Penguin. "If I recall correctly, I was greatly suspicious of Mal and Penguin." Is as close to a direct quote as I can give without actually directly quoting. What do you do when you see you've been wrong, CTD? Fall back onto previous reads (which I did but shouldn't have done), or go back to a time when said reads were shown to be more accurate? As I said--my reads on d1 were good. I got guile as scum. I had Penguin and MalaK as scum. Heck, I had many players who later in the game were null or scumreads, as town on that day. You seem to have trouble seeing why I went back, but I have trouble seeing why you have an issue with me going back there.

Related--I do not believe in not voting. This is something easily verifiable by going to any game I've ever been in, ever. When I unvote someone, it's to vote someone else.
Also--I can lynch Penguin, too; the strength of my scumreads on those two are roughly comparable to each other.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”