NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:33 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 697, TheUnderachivers wrote:they seem artificial, forced, cheeky, and overall highly calculated.

Not sure about artificial and forced, but cheeky and highly calculated? GUILTY AS CHARGED.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:33 am

Post by TheUnderachivers »

Shit.

KBW might be town.

VOTE: Metal Overlord.

We can still make this happen, no?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:34 am

In post 565, DrippingGoofball wrote:Funny story.

I started to iso the players in the list order and started with Reek and went: "whoa scum!" But I'm replacing Reek and wow, he's town.

You guys should have lynched my player slot on page 3.

Hey look

You missed this "Amished Tell"
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 am

In post 701, TheUnderachivers wrote:Shit.

KBW might be town.

VOTE: Metal Overlord.

We can still make this happen, no?

No he's town, you desperate scumbag. You're doing reverse-distancing, KBW is your buddy.

TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:37 am

In post 702, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 565, DrippingGoofball wrote:Funny story.

I started to iso the players in the list order and started with Reek and went: "whoa scum!" But I'm replacing Reek and wow, he's town.

You guys should have lynched my player slot on page 3.

Hey look

You missed this "Amished Tell"
Quite the opposite. It was this post which sparked my comment. Also...
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:37 am

In post 616, OtterHorse wrote:Sadly thats really Key regardless of alignment. He is one of those players that really seems like they dont care/try. For that reason though (as I already said) im beyond fine policy lynching him as I seriously think him dying right here increases our win chances no matter what he flips.

Vote KBW
ABORT!
ABORT!

Abort the KBW wagon NOW.

It's town, Otter's scum.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:38 am

Yeah you're going down the rabbit hole like a good little scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks for the last-minute WIFOM-bait. In your flail, you're obsessing over the KBW wagon instead of your own when you're at L-1?

DIE

TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 am

TheLurker looks like scum, Zdenek might be town.
/through 26.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:41 am

In post 657, Metal Overlord wrote:VOTE: keybladewielder
This only strengthens it. KBW is town. MO is not. OH is not, either.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:42 am

In post 665, Ms Marangal wrote:
In post 643, TheLurker wrote:
In post 639, Ms Marangal wrote:I'm not fond of the lurker right now. Might be residue from my feelings of TAM, though his opening post rubs me the wrong way.

Why are you getting any feelings from TAM?
Judging from his posts, he was obviously too busy to even play, rendering the whole thing null, maybe a few defenses here and there before he replaced out
. It seems more like an unrelenting tunnel than something you've actually thought about.
You should probably join one of the main two wagons instead of playing obtuse and continuing a rather unbased line of voting.

I'm actually going to keep my vote on Lurker. re-reading, this post here kick's my gut real hard, especially the Bolded, and his latest post doesn't make me feel any better. I realize my vote is Idling on TAM/Lurker though the fact that he had to call that out and tell me to switch to two larger wagons to me, Suggests that he doesn't like having the vote against him.

also, Amish tell anyone?
MS is super-town for this.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Titan »

TUA if you're a PR please say so now b/c I'm really considering voting you.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 am

Post by Titan »

(er a PR who thinks it's better to claim VT in hopes of the wagon blowing away and him not getting revealed)
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:45 am

Have I mentioned that Bulb's town today? (Yes, yes, I have. :P) 'Cause, well, he is. :P
Here is another scum post from Metal Overlord.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:46 am

In post 711, Titan wrote:TUA if you're a PR please say so now b/c I'm really considering voting you.
I wish. :P
But no. We're VT.

Now lynch MO with us, 'cause KBW is town and that wagon is godawful.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:47 am

In post 678, Jennifer wrote:I think barring something crazy that we need to decide between lynching Underachivers or Keywieldblader.
Jennifer can join the scum pile, too, for this. Narrowing the lynch to two town players.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:49 am

Post by Titan »

Eh, I'm considering that too.

MO, claim? Since I really don't see you surviving today ending without you claiming, and you're prob only be saved by something like a good claim :?
Half troll/Half wall.

TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:49 am

In post 693, Human Destroyer wrote:end of day distancing at its finest
Except, HD, I don't bus. I don't know how Nero plays as scum (you'd have to ask him), but bussing NEVER works out in my favor, so I don't do it. So I'm delivering an ultimatum.

MO and TUA cannot be scum together.
Pick one, run with it. Who is the scum, who is the town.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:50 am

And, yeah. Right now, looks like a MO-DGB-Lurker-Jennifer scumteam.

We can get that MO lynch.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:53 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 717, TheUnderachivers wrote:Except, HD, I don't bus.

I SAW INVITATIONAL 15

BZZZT WRONG ANSWER

also titan I really hope you're joking about the PR claim thing
Are you ready for this?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:59 am

Post by Titan »

In post 719, Human Destroyer wrote:also titan I really hope you're joking about the PR claim thing

Stop talking.
Half troll/Half wall.

TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 pm

In post 719, Human Destroyer wrote:I SAW INVITATIONAL 15
Apparently not.
In post 1039, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1035, Kmd4390 wrote:It was Mastin's bussing that made that lynch happen.
Which is why I am never ever ever bussing again even if my partner is incredibly obvscum to me. >_<

In post 1076, mastin2 wrote:
86 wrote:And for the record--I'm never bussing again.
Like, seriously.
I don't care if my scumbuddy's scumming up the thread. I don't care if they're obvscum. I don't care if I'm called scum for defending them and we have condemning interactions.
THIS IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN FACING THAT.

This is Mafia on Werewolf Island, only worse. There, I had confirmation it was a second scumteam rather than just my suspicion. (In hindsight...that might make sense. Silencing is in NO circumstances a town power, yet there was still a kill--I being scum, I know you can't both kill and take an action, meaning an anti-town faction possessing a silence and a kill must have two members in order to do both.

That, or the mods are dicks. :P)

There, I was actually close to lylo.
There, my power actually had use to the town and use to myself.
There, I could kill and use my power.
There, I wasn't actually suspected of being mafia. (Wolf, yeah, but not mafia!)
There, I didn't have the entirety of the game claiming to be a PR of some sort or another.
There, I actually had a clearly-defined plan.
There, I actually had options for claiming.

Here, not so much.
Outside a spoiler for emphasis. Elaboration on why this was SO much worse than that.
(Like, seriously--what the hell was I thinking? Two scumbuddies in fifteen players, and just letting this happen?
Just like in Mafia on Werewolf Island, one got lynched and the other nightkilled, after I had distanced from both.
It didn't do me any good there, it won't do me any good here.

It was stupid, it was suicidal, it was a dumb idea. Not only from a game perspective--but also a meta one. I've built up that not-bussing meta for a while now. People just reading the thread and not the scum QT will point to this game as evidence that I've broken from that. When this game is all the proof I need to reinforce it, but again, people are idiots and won't listen. :P
What the heck was going through my mind to make me think that this could have possibly ended well at all?)
And, seriously. Reading my /m3 is pathetic.
Mastin in message three wrote:Also, apologies in advance to you two. I am not a very strong scum player. I was hoping this game I could be town, to show quadz how I've improved. (I'm not quite sure I'm actually on a quadz-blacklist, but the last time I wanted to join a quadz game, he said that he felt I was not healthy to the game's environment. So this game, I was hoping that I could be town in top-form.)

...Nope! Guess I'm not going to show him the new-improved-town-me.

Ah, well. I'll try to fake being the new-improved-town-me. As long as I get reasonably close to succeeding, I shouldn't be deadweight to you two.
/m20 even more so.
[Mastin Note: Message referred to how it felt good being scum in a good position, which we were in at the time.]
But things were still okay, until...
/m28.
Mastin, message 28 wrote:Sorry for the bus, Tracey. Don't worry; I don't believe you'll actually get lynched for it. Jake's *probably* going to be mislynched today off of how things are going. If not, we can always kill T-Bone in order to reinforce the Jake-fire.
Everything goes downhill from there. When a fatal flaw in my plan forms:
Assuming my scumbuddy won't get lynched by my bus.
My scumbuddies are ALWAYS lynched by my bus, that's why I stopped bussing! What on earth made me think this game that my bus wouldn't kill Tracey? In a town which actually holds decent respect for my scumhunting capabilities? I mean, yeah. In a town full of vets (especially people who played with Mastin instead of mastin2), me voting my scumbuddy is reason to anti-lynch them as far as the town's concerned because they remember me sucking hardcore.

But in a town which actually sees me as a somewhat-competent scumhunter? IT ACTUALLY GOES THROUGH. How the heck didn't I realize this at the time? >_<

*insert motivational poster here, of a rear view mirror:
"HINDSIGHT.
You actually thought that running her over would be a
good
idea?"*
AND HOW THE HELL DID I EVER THINK /m49 WOULD END WELL?
Mastin, message 49 wrote:(Yes, I did a weak double-bus. Don't worry. I'm not stupid enough to let said double-bus actually go through. That's bitten me in the ass more times than I'd like to admit. :P
Neither of you will be lynched today.)

By the way--still think we should strongman AP and block Jake.
I mean, yeah... /m56.
Mastin, message 56 wrote:Loving this town.

I offer them a scumbuddy on a silver platter. Jal's right there with me.

...And they're not taking me up on the offer. :P

If you ever flip scum, Tracey, we can pretty much mislynch entirely from the Maestro wagon and reason that there HAD to be scum protecting you today.
:P
[Mastin Note: The bolded is primarily what we were aiming for, and therefore what I was talking about--a sound idea
in theory
, but in practice...WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!?]
We had a good thing going. Had the Maestro lynch gone through, our plan would have been golden. TRUE GOLDEN, NOT SILENCED GOLDEN, THANKYOUVERYMUCH.

If Maestro was mislynched d1, then we would have had been in an excellent position--we could have afforded to lose Jal (whose death would have helped make Tracey look better), we could have lost Tracey d2 (assuming Jal had not been lost), and we would have set the tone for mislynch after mislynch.

I actually had the arrogance to think it would, without the help of scum at all.

LOLNOPE.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 718, TheUnderachivers wrote:And, yeah. Right now, looks like a MO-DGB-Lurker-Jennifer scumteam.

We can get that MO lynch.

He picked three good town reads and Lurker.

If TUA is scum, I want to lynch Lurker next.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:04 pm

In particular,
In post 721, TheUnderachivers wrote:It was stupid, it was suicidal, it was a dumb idea. Not only from a game perspective--but also a meta one. I've built up that not-bussing meta for a while now. People just reading the thread and not the scum QT will point to this game as evidence that I've broken from that. When this game is all the proof I need to reinforce it
This part.

So I ask again, HD.

MO. TUA. Not both scum. Which do you see as scum?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by RachMarie »

uggh this is bloody ridiculous....

@ Mastin WHY do you think Key dude is town?

Also I saw the DGB Amished tell, but I am beginning to lose faith in that tell, every time I have pushed someone for it, they turned out to be town

As for MO I just am not seeing them as scum, they do not seem to be paying enough attention. For example, I know ther e are a fair number of hydras in this game, but last time I looked, I am a singular female not a they... I would think that especially on D 1 that the scum would be playing more carefully and keeping good track of all the players in the game. After all they have to come up with fake reads and try to get townies mislynched, and that takes work and attention.

holy cow ninja'd by a wall...
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”