Micro 151: Mafia in New-Newbie Land (Game over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:09 am

Post by Majiffy »

Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:17 am

Post by mothrax »

We're going in circles.

Someone who knows Jiffy's play, is this par for the course? What are your reads on him/her?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:18 am

Post by mothrax »

And unfortunately that pic won't load on my phone. I'm sure it was hilarious though.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 126, mothrax wrote:Someone who knows Jiffy's play, is this par for the course? What are your reads on him/her?

Yes, probtown.
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:43 am

Post by Mr E Roll »

Lots of stuff going on…

I like Pala’s vote against Xeg for lurking in principle. It’s show that Pala is ready to leave the RVS behind but hasn’t found anything particularly scummy so is voting a policy lynch. This is hopefully going to force scum to participate more giving us more opportunities to catch scum slips.

Mothrax’s vote against Majiffy is similar but has a couple of differences I think are worth mentioning: it was placed on the biggest bandwagon so it may have been opportunistic and the reason for placing the vote was initially withheld. If I was a cynical man I might think he was waiting to see how town reacted to the vote and if it was met with resistance he could claim “reaction test”.

@Mothrax what was the purpose for voting without giving an explanation?

Majiffy’s counter-case against Mothrax isn’t very compelling. I don’t necessarily find bandwagonning to be scummy as this is what creates the pressure that is needed to get reactions. Nor do I think that placing a vote against an active lurker is bad. And I could see how your entrance into the game would set off active lurker vibes. Your second post in particular seemed totally unnecessary. The problem is that with a grand total of only three posts you weren’t actually active lurking any more than Xeg was actually lurking after a 20 hour gap in posting.

This brings us to my contribution to the discussion…

In post 97, mothrax wrote:Hmmmm. Very very interesting.
Question: I haven't played in like two years and micros weren't a thing. What's the likely ratio were looking at? 2/7? 3/6?

I don't like Pala immediately sheeping bork... Not one bit said the spider to the fly. Especially after she names two other scumspects in the same post.

Up until this point mothrax had been very economical in his use of words it seems out of character that he would ask about the scum:town ratio. It seems like an intentional town slip… “hmmm I can’t be scum I don’t even know how many there are”.

It seems even less plausible when he tells us nevermind in the very next post and tries to laugh it off. Definitely feels contrived.

Unvote

VOTE: mothrax

@Wisdom why the vote on Xeg?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:59 am

Post by Wisdom »

I disagree.
Scum going for an intentional townslip wouldn't immediately correct themselves saying that they found the answer because this drives attention away from the "townslip", whereas letting others answer is more effective in manipulating them into thinking that this is a townslip.
If anything, the correction tells me the question was honest. After asking, mothrax went and find the answer and then corrected himself.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by mothrax »

@e the never mind was to the statement about Pala sheeping. I had posts confused and realized that that statement was false. I'm still curious about ratios. Like I said I would guess 2/7 or 3/6 is the norm.
The reason I asked that is because interaction is a big part of my read process. It makes it much easier to gauge that when I have an idea of who to look for. As for me being economical with words, it's not really the case in general. I'm a wordy sob.

And I didn't explain my vote because I wanted to get some discussion going. Nothing had been happening up to this point and if I have to make myself look a little scummier to jump start conversations so be it. Stagnant games are bad for town. So yeah, it was reaction testing.

Elvis, where art thou? I want your opinions on all this.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by Wisdom »

lol
disregard my last post then.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Still think he's town regardless
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

YAY STUFF IS HAPPENING!!!!"

Phone posting and skimming the thread...

I want to actually read these posts for sure but I think I want a Xegaras wagon.

I think moth is being kinda hypocritical to vote majiffy for not giving reasoning, when he originally voted majiffy without giving reasoning. But I still kinda think maybe they're just getting into a passing contest.

I really like wisdom's xegaras vote and think I join once I read since I'm only phone skimming now.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 129, Mr E Roll wrote:
@Wisdom why the vote on Xeg?

1) Lack of any form of content.
2) Two questions that weren't needed at all. The answers to both are obvious and it makes me believe they were posted just for filler.
3) His tone when accused of lurking. Like bork said, this sounds like accused scum who is annoyed about the reasons that they're being accused; probably thinking "wtf I would be like this as town too".
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 131, mothrax wrote:@e the never mind was to the statement about Pala sheeping. I had posts confused and realized that that statement was false. I'm still curious about ratios. Like I said I would guess 2/7 or 3/6 is the norm.
The reason I asked that is because interaction is a big part of my read process. It makes it much easier to gauge that when I have an idea of who to look for. As for me being economical with words, it's not really the case in general. I'm a wordy sob.

And I didn't explain my vote because I wanted to get some discussion going. Nothing had been happening up to this point and if I have to make myself look a little scummier to jump start conversations so be it. Stagnant games are bad for town. So yeah, it was reaction testing.

Elvis, where art thou? I want your opinions on all this.

Also

R U SRS YOU DIDNT READ THE SETUP?

like. Just making sure, bro.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by mothrax »

@ek I already explained why I voted without reasoning. You wanted a reaction test, you announced it making it harder for you to pull off. I was perfectly happy to grant your wish.

That said: I'm done with jiffy. I'm content with my read on him now that he is posting, and wisdom seems to know what he's talking about. Time to check some other people out.

unvote

Pedit: read it. It said something to the effect of "add vt/goon for balance did it not. This particular setup would most likely be 2/7 because of the given power roles, but I was also curious in general. Micros didn't exist in my day.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by Wisdom »

I'll also remind you that this is a proposed newbie setup. Newbies are 2/7. So yeah, 2/7 it is.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

The set up says it's 2/7.

If you really didn't know, you're town. Although, thus kinda slip can be faked. So I'm reading it as null. I don't think I'm particularly suspicious of you, so I guess it's w/e.

I wanna go charging off and vote xegaras but I still haven't actually read everything so I guess I should be a good girl and wait. :(
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 127, mothrax wrote:And unfortunately that pic won't load on my phone. I'm sure it was hilarious though.

It's cookie monster dressed as a business man, drumming his fingers in boredom.

It's supercute.
Talk nerdy to me.

Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by Mr E Roll »

In post 134, elvis_knits wrote:
I really like wisdom's xegaras vote and think I join once I read since I'm only phone skimming now.

I’m ok with pressuring for some content but let’s be careful that this bandwagon doesn’t take on a life of it’s own before xeg gets a chance to respond.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

No let's quicklynch him

:roll:
Talk nerdy to me.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Wisdom »

^Good idea, seconded.
Pala
Pala
Goon
Pala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by Pala »

In post 93, Xegarus wrote:
Quick post

I haven't posted in 20 hours and that makes me a lurker?
Stop grasping at straws.

Maybe lurking was the wrong term to use. The reason I voted you was that up until that point you had all of two posts, one of which was your RVS vote. You didn't even make a show of participating. This is still the case, so my vote stands.

Not really seeing the case against mothrax or Majiffy at this point. But at least it generated some much needed activity.

Elvis is so far the only person I have a confident read on (town, of course). Mr. E and Wisdom are looking more town with their recent posts.
Pala
Pala
Goon
Pala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Pala »

Oh, also CE really needs to step up as well.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 143, Wisdom wrote:^Good idea, seconded.

Lol I think maybe we could be friends :]
Talk nerdy to me.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Okay :]
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by Majiffy »

VOTE: Xegarus
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

In post 110, mothrax wrote:Town hunting=lets tell the scum who to nk. Theory discussions aside and let's pretend I'm ok with that strategy for a moment. One sentence posts saying x is town =\= townhunting. Just saying.

^^Hey mothrax do you really believe this?
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”