Open 490: Donner Party Mafia (Game Over)

Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:35 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.7

auspicious (4)
: havingfitz, fferyllt, Superdeclan, Syryana
MeowMix (2)
: unseencamo, Otolia
Otolia (2)
: MeowMix, goodmorning
havingfitz (1)
: DCLXVI
goodmorning (1)
: Cheery Dog
Superdeclan (1)
: auspicious

No Vote (1)
: Malakittens

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, April 19 at 5:30pm CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-04-19 17:30:00).
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:59 am

Post by Syryana »

I absolutely love Otalooloo's last post. It pretty much confirms he's scum. I'll take this in turn.
In post 173, Otolia wrote:
In post 172, Syryana wrote:
In post 171, Otolia wrote:Puzzling and from my point of view not aligned with the town.

Lynching scum isn't aligned with town? K.

Except you actually believe auspicious is not scum but SK. You are so confident of your reads that you mentioned this precise fact numerous times (last paragraph of #115, 4th of #145) with little to no backing real scumhunting whatsoever. But now he is
just
scum ? Are you actually confused as to who is who ? Or do you simply not care ?

This part is great. He's taking me to task for voting auspicious, not because auspicious isn't scummy, but because I called him the SK earlier. It's completely irrelevant what anti-town role auspicious is; it only matters that I think he's not a townie. Besides, as fery pointed out, my reasoning on auspicious being the SK sucked anyways. As scum of whatever flavor, he's still gonna have to die before town wins. You're deliberately missing the point: there are three people I think are not town (i.e. scum). It's completely irrelevant what particular scum role each of those individuals holds.

In post 173, Otolia wrote:Your play overall is messy, all over the place and very confusing for the town. Unilaterally decreeing someone is scum doesn't make it town. You are classifying me as such on the basis that I choose to vote after a votecount (#115)- while I was saying that my vote was virtually on Meowmix. Considering that I voted on Meowmix as announced afterwards and remained focused, your case on me is void.

Attack on my play, check. Broad, vacuous reasoning, check. Gross oversimplification of my read on him, check. Silly justification by way of gross oversimplification, check.

First off, the way I play is my damned business. Second of all, just because you have no idea what I'm doing doesn't mean my actions are anti-town, since you're not the center of the
universe
town. Third, no kidding me saying things doesn't make them true; if it did, these games would be a lot shorter and a lot more boring. Fourth, my read on you has very little to do with your vote after votecount idiosyncrasy. Fifth, you tunneling Meow is a ludicrous reason to negate a scumread.

As I go back and look at my ISO I realized I've never explicitly explained my read on this guy, so I shall do so here. In bullets.
  • Almost zero scumhunting. Ironic, since you have accused me of this yourself.
  • Your play up to this point has been almost exclusively PBPA, with one or two questions peppered throughout.
  • Majority of your posts and reasoning against people involves silly little details (e.g. I'm calling the guy I think is the serial killer "scum") rather than real logic (or gut, or whatever other people do to justify their reads), leading me to the supposition that you're having trouble faking town-logic.
  • After I pointed out your blatant misrep of my MM case, you decided not to respond.
  • Every time I read your posts, I feel like I'm reading something
    Mitt Romney
    some greasy politician wrote. I don't like politicians, nor do I like the tone of your posts. (Blatant OMGUS reasoning go)

That is why I think Otolia is scum.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Otolia »

Come at me kid !
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 177, Otolia wrote:Come at me kid !

unseencamo
unseencamo
Goon
unseencamo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Post by unseencamo »

This has been an interesting little exchange. Without a doubt Sry is the better scum hunter here. Oto's case is pretty meh. However, this could easily be a town vs. town situation. time will tell.

That being said MM has literally made no real attempt to scumhunt. He has kept his original RVS this whole time. What the hell. This guy is clearly the scummiest and the most logical choice.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 179, unseencamo wrote:This has been an interesting little exchange. Without a doubt Sry is the better scum hunter here. Oto's case is pretty meh. However, this could easily be a town vs. town situation. time will tell.

That being said MM has literally made no real attempt to scumhunt. He has kept his original RVS this whole time. What the hell. This guy is clearly the scummiest and the most logical choice.

Why you gotta go and say scummy things like this, USC? I was perfectly content to sheep myself on my list of reads. Now you're going to make me go back and ISO you.
unseencamo
unseencamo
Goon
unseencamo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by unseencamo »

^ Do what you need to do.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Malakittens »

If you think Ot is scum, Syr, why are you voting Aus rather than him?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 182, Malakittens wrote:If you think Ot is scum, Syr, why are you voting Aus rather than him?

I already answered this once.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 183, Syryana wrote:
In post 182, Malakittens wrote:If you think Ot is scum, Syr, why are you voting Aus rather than him?

I already answered this once.

Perhaps if you need to repeat yourself, it's because it doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm impressed by your self-control, I really wished you would have voted me when I taunted you ... Then again being cold-blooded is more of a scum thing.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 143, goodmorning wrote:
I use them to mark posts that I think would be valuable to take a second look at in future, that may be more clarified in terms of alignment. They're posts that I find out of the ordinary.

It seems after just checking I mucked up my memory in which game/alignment I'd seen you use those "interesting"s before, while I still don't like it, it does clear you slightly on meta)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 157, Otolia wrote:
In post 138, MeowMix wrote:@Otoileta, I haven't really agreed with my attackers anywhere afaik; some of them simply made some valid points that I acknowledged, and and I responded to them as best as I could. attacking them would only appear to be blatant OMGUS, which would only worsen the current case against me

So if you agree that you made yourself look scummy, then there is no reason as to why the town shouldn't lynch you, isn't there ? I fail to understand your reasoning. You allegedly did something to get a reaction out of someone but yet you don't actively interpret the results or pursue anything after that. It's almost as if you were waiting for the game to unfold. And unless you actually think I am scummy, you should do something better than letting it rot on myself.

Why do scum want to make themselves look scummy?

You're seriously making bad attack after bad attack and ignoring the repercussions of people trying to get your motivation from them when the conversation continues and I think I've found what I'm meant to be doing with my vote other than leave it on goodmorning.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: otolia
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Sorry guys. I need to do this tomorrow my head is currently spinning so I need to take meds and go to bed. Good news I get off from work early, but also go in a decent time so if I'm able to get up early might be done before I go into work. :]
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 186, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 138, MeowMix wrote:@Otoileta, I haven't really agreed with my attackers anywhere afaik; some of them simply made some valid points that I acknowledged, and and I responded to them as best as I could. attacking them would only appear to be blatant OMGUS, which would only worsen the current case against me

So if you agree that you made yourself look scummy, then there is no reason as to why the town shouldn't lynch you, isn't there ? I fail to understand your reasoning. You allegedly did something to get a reaction out of someone but yet you don't actively interpret the results or pursue anything after that. It's almost as if you were waiting for the game to unfold. And unless you actually think I am scummy, you should do something better than letting it rot on myself.

You're seriously making bad attack after bad attack and ignoring the repercussions of people trying to get your motivation from them when the conversation continues and I think I've found what I'm meant to be doing with my vote other than leave it on goodmorning.

UNVOTE:

Where in the quoted post do you get the bolded from?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 188, fferyllt wrote:
In post 186, Cheery Dog wrote:

So if you agree that you made yourself look scummy, then there is no reason as to why the town shouldn't lynch you, isn't there ?
I fail to understand your reasoning. You allegedly did something to get a reaction out of someone but yet you don't actively interpret the results or pursue anything after that. It's almost as if you were waiting for the game to unfold. And unless you actually think I am scummy, you should do something better than letting it rot on myself.

UNVOTE:

Where in the quoted post do you get the bolded from?

Wherever you misplaced the now underlined sentence when reading.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Post by fferyllt »

The underlined sentence doesn't say anything about scum
wanting
to make themselves look scummy. It says that MeowMix agreed that his posts did look scummy.

You could argue that's an overstatement.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:48 pm

Post by Superdeclan »

@cheery, you're taking this a bit to far. He didn't say that.
Darkness will fall...
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:56 am

Post by havingfitz »

Syryana...why does SD voting auspicious

@Cheery....your wrt SD seems like a reach. How is wanting to know why someone is being voted...performing an ISO on that person...and subsequently finding that person scummy a bad thing? Every lynch involves a bandwagon so why knock SD for joining one?

Still good with my auspicious vote for the time being.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:55 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 191, Superdeclan wrote:@cheery, you're taking this a bit to far. He didn't say that.

It's how I interpreted what he was saying, if scum are agreeing that they look scummy, then they're bviously wanting to look scummy. You can phrase the question differently, but I'm not seeing scum motivation behind MM's posts (or even what Otolia claims MM had been doing)

In post 192, havingfitz wrote:
@Cheery....your wrt SD seems like a reach. How is wanting to know why someone is being voted...performing an ISO on that person...and subsequently finding that person scummy a bad thing? Every lynch involves a bandwagon so why knock SD for joining one?

It's more that he also made the whole case there including the apparent slip and whatnot seems to be overeagerness to join it.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Otolia »

@Zaicon
: In prevision of the next vote-count, I request a prod of 666 whose activity in this thread is meager compared to what he does in other similar games.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:15 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 192, havingfitz wrote:Syryana...why does SD voting auspicious

Gut feeling. His bandwagon jumpery was pretty blatant. Makes him worth keeping an eye on.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:23 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 195, Syryana wrote:
In post 192, havingfitz wrote:Syryana...why does SD voting auspicious

Gut feeling. His bandwagon jumpery was pretty blatant. Makes him worth keeping an eye on.

Could you elaborate on this seeing as how he's been on the same two wagons as you?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:05 am

Post by goodmorning »

So all I missed today was Syr agreeing with me as per OOOOOOOOO and a couple debates over semantics.
Cool stuff, bros.

Actually that's not quite true, Cheery's point on Sd is something I'll surely be looking in to when I get home.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:39 am

Post by DCLXVI »

Apologies for not posting as much as I should have been. This is my attempt to get caught back up.

Reads will come later, though you can probably guess some of them from this.

Spoiler:
In post 17, havingfitz wrote:
In post 8, fferyllt wrote:I don't do RVS.

I do (begrudgingly)...

VOTE: fferyllt

The reason I don't like this vote by fitz is that the no RVS issue with fferylt had already been resolved. His meta clearly showed that he was playing as he normally did, it was a bad vote and a poor attempt to join a bandwagon.

In post 19, unseencamo wrote:RVS is meta as fuck.
VOTE: fferyllt

Also not liking this and not sure how I missed it early. In fact, it is worse because he acknowledges the meta discussion and dismisses it without any good reasons for doing so. IMO there are a lot of times when meta isn't very clear. This was not one of them ferrylt was playing according to her meta which makes her non-participation in RVS a null tell.

In post 26, Syryana wrote:Because you've not made a single reference to my RVS joke on you. If you were town, you'd have laughed about it like we did in that newbie game, since half that game was me yelling at you for that joke.

Since you ignored it, that means you don't like the attention, ergo you're scum.

This is just stupid, not scummy stupid, or town stupid, just stupid.

In post 31, Superdeclan wrote:You mean this?

In post 482, MeowMix wrote:if by good you mean extremely risky and pretty hilarious, then yes I agree

P-edit: VOTE: MeowMix

In post 32, unseencamo wrote:
In post 30, MeowMix wrote:actually I was trying to not attract attention to it deliberately to see how other people were gonna react to it

I had a good chuckle IRL if that means anything to you :D

Interesting little test by Sry. I don't know how conclusive/accurate the test would, however MM's reaction in ^ this post comes off to me as a complete lie or justification. It's seems incredibly ingenue and not to mention unrealistic do to his join date. I don't think a new player would actually think that deep into an early game action like that when he didn't evenknow the significance of Sry's test most likely until Sry announced it.

VOTE: MeowMix

Two crappy votes, this is why I don't like the meow wagon.

---

Not liking USC's posts 44-46, his push on meomix does not seem genuine.

---

In post 51, havingfitz wrote:
In post 30, MeowMix wrote:actually I was trying to not attract attention to it deliberately to see how other people were gonna react to it

I had a good chuckle IRL if that means anything to you :D

You wanted to see the reaction of people to your not trying to attract attention?

I think think that's bs.

VOTE: MeowMix

missrepping in order to join a wagon. I think that's strike two now against fitz.

-----
@goodmorning 55, IDC if you are a cat, you are annoying.
-----
In post 63, Syryana wrote:
In post 62, DCLXVI wrote:I think we should create a cat voting block. DEATH TO THE DOGS.

In all seriousness, I take back what I said in post 15. I'm not seeing meow as scum for that joke post.

vote:havingfitz
for his terrible vote on fferylt right after I had pulled up fferylt's meta.

.... is this for real? You're voting fitz because of an RVS vote?

If this is serious, what the hell. If it's not, why are you still in RVS-mode?

When I use the phrase "in all seriousness" that means I'm not in RVS mode.

As I explained early in this post. Fitz's RVS post was bad considering the context of it with me having already posted confirming fferylt meta. Yes, it is possible for someone to make a scumm RVS vote. We get out of RVS by finding scummy RVS posts by other players.

In post 74, Superdeclan wrote:Omg, you just discovered the name of one of my EM accounts. Take out 'the'

This post itself gives me scummy vibes. Rvs is over

Of course RVS was over, again please pay attention to the word "serious" and my explanation of my vote.

In post 83, Syryana wrote:No, 666's vote is terrible because he's basing it off an RVS vibe. He's got much better targets around, such as MM for scummy responses or some of the folks on MM's wagon (which other people have pointed out but I can't be arsed to quote). I didn't get a scummy vibe off fitz's RVS and I don't see how 666 did. The partners comment came from 666's lack of justification for thinking MM town and subsequent vote on fitz for reasons that I believe to be very shaky.

Its perfectly ok to make a page two vote off of an RVS vibe (actually, now that I think about it, all the votes on MM are for things that started in RVS, wait, you can vote for RVS stuff but I can't HYPOCRISY)

In post 84, auspicious wrote:In all honesty, I'm not sure. I'd actually be okay with a MM lynch today, as it'll benefit us either way (if he's town, he'll be a tough read later on; if he's scum/SK, great. The only bad outcome is if he's PR). He could easily be noobscum, but I still don't have a concrete read on him.

Town lynches are never good. You don't lynch someone cause you are shitty as reading them, that's bullshit, You lynch someone ONLY because you read them as scum. That is the only legitimate reason to be wanting to lynch someone.

In post 86, unseencamo wrote:I agree with Sry on the DC situation.

So you are on stupid pills too? Ok.

In post 103, auspicious wrote:Though I'm one to talk at this point, I feel like noobtown is a liability in LYLO/MYLO. Sorry if I didn't phrase that well before.

That's what vigs are for.

In post 108, Otolia wrote:Spoiler: 666's vote despite the flow of the game

So you think that it is bad that I am not sheeping everyone else and rolling with the crowd. Lolz, I like to think for myself.

In post 119, Zaicon wrote:
In post 117, Syryana wrote:
Requesting a prod on Cygnus.

Cygnus has now been prodded.

...scummy things can happen in RVS too...
In post 149, fferyllt wrote:Any time now.

It was kinda weird that you retracted a random vote on me based on a scan for my RVS meta. Random votes don't need justification and don't need refutation.

Well, my vote was random random, it was for the reason of you not doing RVS. And once my reason was shown to be invalid, I decided to place my vote somewhere else.

In post 160, Zaicon wrote:Malakittens replaces Cygnus.

Hi there, you are in so many of my recent games I swear you are stalking me :)
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:20 am

Post by Zaicon »

Page grab.