Mini 50 (Newer York Confidential) Game Over!

Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:31 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Still don't like it JazzRed. I will not be joining you in this plan. I'm sorry, but I do not trust you any more than Riven, gslamm, or Night Stalker. I don't think sacrificing two innocents to have one confirmed innocent is acceptable. I know that is just a worst-case scenario, but it is still a possible outcome. There has to be another way.

I would really like to hear other's opinions on this plan. We do not have to rush today's lynch, and anyone who does will look suspiciously like scum to me, at least.

To
Night Stalker
:
In case you missed it earlier, please answer the question: Have you used your ability? If so, who were your target(s)?
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:32 pm

Post by Night Stalker »

Ok. Who did I kill? I could very easily say I haven't killed anyone, and most of you would probably believe me. At very least, I'd probably not get lynched today.
Instead, since I'm pro-town, I will tell the truth, just so you don't waste time looking for a second killer.

I killed Rite on night two. I killed him because I thought he was scum. He was acting odd, jumping to what I felt were wrong conclusions, and the way he jumped on the PbUG (who I'm 99% sure is innocent.) bandwagon at the last second convinced me. In my defense, I only had time to read through the thread once, as the mod asked me to join and to give my night choices RIGHT AWAY, so the day could dawn before he left for vacation.
Mneme, please confirm this!

The person who I took over for killed Tigris on the first night. Why did he do a vigilante kill blind? I have no clue, since I'm not him. But - he's new to the board, he's only ever posted once, and that's in this thread. He's probably a newbie to the game, and didn't know enough to at least wait one day before killing.

Now, before you run off and lynch me, please remember that I'm already being unvoted, and could have easily have lied and said I didn't kill anyone. But I didn't lie - because I'm pro town.

That said, it looks like FinalFear has already decided to use his night kill on me anyway. Go ahead. But I want you to take a close look at my death message. Notice how both people I killed (ok, I killed one, Viagrostultega killed the other, but still...) have the message "Killed by a lone asssassin"? If my death message comes up "Pulverized by several machine gunners" then you know FinalFear was behind that kiling too - and you have your killer.

An updated role list:
  • gslamm - "Friendly" - Claims cop, and can investigate.
    Fishbulb - "Neighbor" - can do background checks.

Riven - claims "reporter"
    Coolbot - Claims "researcher"

FinalFear - Claims cop/vigilante.
    Night Stalker/Viarostultega - Symphony Mafia - claims Vig.

Someone/jasonpingpong - Carnegie Mafia - claims Mason.
    JazzRed - Carnegie Mafia - claims Mason.
THE DEAD:
  • Tigris - Cop
    PolarBoy - Crooked Cop
    PbUG - Symphony Mafia bodyguard (doctor)
    Rite - Thief
Some thoughts:

1) "Pulverized by several machine gunners" seems to indicate more then one killer in the group.

2) Have you noticed we have 4 non-cop investigative roles? A (dead) thief (I'm assuming this one, based on his death description), a researcher, a journalist and whatever Fishbulb is. That's already ONE THIRD of the players. If the cops (gslamm, at least, if not the other two who died on night 1) could also investigate, that would make the game a bit unbalanced, wouldn't it?
Fishbulb, what exactly are you?

3) On night 1, there were two kills, one by me. One night 2, there was one kill, by me. What happened to the machine gunners? I assumed (and probably everyone else did too) that there was a successful doctor protection - except that NO ONE HAS CLAIMED DOC. So what happened to the second night kill?

4) The fact that no one has claimed doctor lends credence to PBug's claim of being the doc. And if PBug is really the doc, then it stands to follow that I'm really the vigilante.

5) If it's not one or two of our "investigators", or the cops - they the Carnegie mafia is lying, and they're not really a mason group.

5) One more possibility. The mod is evil. Could it be - just possibly - that their is no "mafia" or killers? That it's all some sort of twisted mob mentallity, that everyone truly thinks everyone else is an evil murderer, but they're righteous vigilantes? Of course, if that's the case, I'm not quite sure how the town will win - perhaps all we can do is give peace a chance, and not kill anyone tonight...

Anyway, let me close with saying - don't lynch me. I won't kill tonight, unless asked to by the town. If I do kill, you can kill me tomorrow.
[size=75]"It's only a bunny!"[/size]
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:26 pm

Post by gslamm »

Just what is going on here? I am so sure that Riven is scum I can taste it. Since when is "survive till the end" a valid win condition for anyone but a serial killer? Did anyone else notice Carnegie is horribly mispelled in his "quote"? BUT NIGHT STALKER is taking credit for the kills we've been blaming on a SK! Then Riven claims Fishbulb met with nobody night one while I was investigating him, and he was I'm sure investigating somebody (I dont think he's stated who).
CoolBot wrote:gslamm, if Riven is guilty, wouldn't that mean I likely am, too? And if I am, doesn't that mean fishbuld (who you claimed you checked and found innocent) is, too? I mean, we both went out of our way to defend someone.
fos: gslamm
Sanity people. Have you played/read enough to know that some cops get mixed up results? I have and test my results before I act on them. Have you heard of Godfathers? They appear innocent to sane cops. I never cleared Fishbulb, or only partially by inference. I cleared FinalFear as having given his true name and occupation. I used my results of my investigation of Fishbulb to back up what I was saying. He's done the same with you. I never said either of them was innocent just more likely so. Same with Fishbulb and you.

I really tired of being Fos'ed. Buy me dinner and take me home.

Now let me turn my attention to NS.
Night Stalker wrote:That said, it looks like FinalFear has already decided to use his night kill on me anyway. Go ahead. But I want you to take a close look at my death message. Notice how both people I killed (ok, I killed one, Viagrostultega killed the other, but still...) have the message "Killed by a lone asssassin"? If my death message comes up "Pulverized by several machine gunners" then you know FinalFear was behind that kiling too - and you have your killer.
Agreed.
Night Stalker wrote: 2) Have you noticed we have 4 non-cop investigative roles? A (dead) thief (I'm assuming this one, based on his death description), a researcher, a journalist and whatever Fishbulb is. That's already ONE THIRD of the players. If the cops (gslamm, at least, if not the other two who died on night 1) could also investigate, that would make the game a bit unbalanced, wouldn't it?
Fishbulb, what exactly are you?

3) On night 1, there were two kills, one by me. One night 2, there was one kill, by me. What happened to the machine gunners? I assumed (and probably everyone else did too) that there was a successful doctor protection - except that NO ONE HAS CLAIMED DOC. So what happened to the second night kill?

4) The fact that no one has claimed doctor lends credence to PBug's claim of being the doc. And if PBug is really the doc, then it stands to follow that I'm really the vigilante.
Bad logic. PBuG admitted to being a protective role
for the symphony Mafia.
Never stated who he "protected."
DAY
one. And out of game stated he hoped he was on the town side next time. I believed at least part of your role claim, but loose conclusions like this are really stretching it. Yes I wonder about the one kill night two but since we "seem" to have a inordinate number of investigative roles, maybe thats the set-up.
Night Stalker wrote: 5) If it's not one or two of our "investigators", or the cops - they the Carnegie mafia is lying, and they're not really a mason group.

5) One more possibility. The mod is evil. Could it be - just possibly - that their is no "mafia" or killers? That it's all some sort of twisted mob mentallity, that everyone truly thinks everyone else is an evil murderer, but they're righteous vigilantes? Of course, if that's the case, I'm not quite sure how the town will win - perhaps all we can do is give peace a chance, and not kill anyone tonight...
Agreed. Possible.

Pank. Pank. Pank <<--- Thats me beating my head against the monitor.
unvote=Riven
Now what???
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:45 am

Post by Fishbulb »

gslamm wrote:Riven claims Fishbulb met with nobody night one while I was investigating him, and he was I'm sure investigating somebody (I dont think he's stated who.
Yes, I did a background check night 1 and 2. But that is different than an investigation; I just go through paperwork all by myself. Hence the newspaper report that I did nothing on night 2 as well.

I am beginning to think we should no lynch today. Do some final investigations/reporting/following whatever abilities we got. And then report back in the morning if there was a kill and tell everyone what we found out. Anyone who lies will be made obvious. And, at the most we will just lose one innocent (as long as our vigilante's agree).
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:25 am

Post by mneme »

I cannot confirm or deny anything about night choices, obviously.
[but can confirm that Nightstalker joined the game about 8 hours before I got onto a plane, and 16 before the NE went black].
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:28 am

Post by CoolBot »

I'm fairly certain of my sanity. I also think my role is weakened because one of the mafia groups (both of which would probably give me a criminal response) is pro-town. At this point, I think we have to decided which one is.
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:01 am

Post by Night Stalker »

gslamm wrote:
Bad logic. PBuG admitted to being a protective role
for the symphony Mafia.
Never stated who he "protected."
DAY
one. And out of game stated he hoped he was on the town side next time. I believed at least part of your role claim, but loose conclusions like this are really stretching it. Yes I wonder about the one kill night two but since we "seem" to have a inordinate number of investigative roles, maybe thats the set-up.
Not true. He says, straight out:
PBuG wrote:I do the same as the pro-town doctor.
On top of that, being that I'm appearently the only other member of the Symphony maifa, and that he implies that, just like me, he doesn't even know who the other Symphony mafia members are - is he more likely to have a role that consists of beign doctor for the Symphony mafia, or is his role more likely to be the doctor for the entire town?
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:58 am

Post by gslamm »

I feel I need to post so...

Pank. pank. pank.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:45 am

Post by JazzRed »

Fine go ahead Night Stalker - throw my plan out the window. I guess this is turning out to be a lot more complex...

Let's assume (even though I don't believe it) that the Symphony Mafia isn't behind the killings. Then who is?!?! I really don't believe Night Stalker. Unless our mod is positively
evil
then I don't think we would have 2 mafia groups, both of whom are innocent. Especially considering that my role says that the Symphony Mafia is most likely behind the killings. I also doubt this because if PBuG was a pro-town doc, then how come there was no mafia kill last night? And since we're on this subject, how could there be another doc unless they are lying about their claim (very confusing...)

Now, obviously, someones (any body, not Someone) role claim is a lie. We have:

JazzRed: Carnegie Mafia mason
Someone: Carngie Mafia mason

FinalFear: Vigilante
Night Stalker: Symphony Mafia Vigilante
DEAD PBuG: Symphony Mafia Bodyguard (supposedly pro town)

gslamm: Cop
Fishbulb: Neighbor (pseudo cop)
Riven: Reporter (pseudo cop)
DEAD Tigris: Cop

Now, if Night Stalker is telling the truth, then I think FinalFear is bad. I'm also inclined to believe Riven because he is the only one who claimed reporter, and there has to be one of those (because of the report at the beginning of the day). Then that leads me back to gslamm.... And I also think Fishbulb's claim least likely of the bunch (though I'm not saying its not true - it probably is) so I really don't know. My hunch is that either Night Stalker or FinalFear is lying because IF the Symphony mafia has a vigilante, then why wouldn't FinalFear be a member? Lynching one of them is IMO the best way to go soo...

Unvote: whoever ... Vote: FinalFear

Why FinalFear? Because if he is a Vigilante, then we can be pretty sure that Night Stalker is evil and more importantly that the Symphony Mafia is who we are after.
Guess what? No. You're wrong. The answer's 7.
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:50 am

Post by JazzRed »

I've changed my mind.
Unvote: FinalFear ... Vote: Night Stalker
Why the change? I re-read gslamm's post and he has a good point. There are a lot of holes in his claim and besides, the same logic I used to vote FinalFear can be used with Night Stalker, only in reverse.
FinalFear
FinalFear
Townie
FinalFear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:40 am

Post by FinalFear »

Vote: NightStalker
Why? Yes,it does seem suspicous, but if we kill him, I could possibly nail another scum, meaning two in a row, instead of maybe an innocent...wait.
Unvote: NightStalker
Stupid ass idea. Nevermind.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:45 am

Post by Fishbulb »

JazzRed wrote:I also think Fishbulb's claim least likely of the bunch.
I haven't claimed, though. I am a cop, if that helps.

I still think No Lynch is the way to go. Then someone can follow Night Stalker and Final Fear and determine the killer that way. At most, we lose one innocent and we have our answer bright and early tomorrow. And, if nothing happens, we know that all that's left is vigilante's, and we can have a "happily ever after".
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:54 am

Post by Fishbulb »

JazzRed wrote: JazzRed: Carnegie Mafia mason
Someone: Carngie Mafia mason

Night Stalker: Symphony Mafia Vigilante
DEAD PBuG: Symphony Mafia Bodyguard (supposedly pro town)

gslamm: Sergeant Friendly (Cop)
Fishbulb: Captain Neighbor (Cop)
FinalFear: Police Chief Goodman (Cop)

CoolBot: Town Hall Researcher

Riven: Reporter

DEAD Tigris: Lt. NiceGuy (Cop)
DEAD PolarBoy: Captain Happy (Crooked Cop)
DEAD Rite: Shards (Thief)
Just wanted to clean that up a little...
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:21 pm

Post by JazzRed »

Fishbulb wrote:I haven't claimed, though. I am a cop, if that helps.
lol, I feel stupid now. I was taking your role off of someone elses list and you kept mentioning background checks and such so w/e. O and thnx for cleaning that up. Anyways, what do you (everyone) think we should do. Really people, I don't think we need drag this day on any longer. After all, we have gotten everyone to claim.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:16 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Well, I know you weren't specifically talking to me, but I am standing by my No Lynch. The more I reread the past couple days, the more I think it is the best way to go. Last night we only had one killing, and Night Stalker has already taken the credit for that. If he is just a vigilante, he can choose not to kill tonight, and then we won't have a kill. If we do have a kill, then we know it was him all along and can lynch him first thing. We just need a few of our cops and reporters to check out the rest of the holes and then we should have all our answers tomorrow. My plan's "worst-case scenario":
one dead innocent
. Your plan's "worst-case scenario":
two dead innocents
. I like mine.

To quote myself (because I think it is important):
I wrote:If nothing happens, we know that all that's left is vigilantes, and we can have a "happily ever after".
I still think there is a good chance of this.
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:39 pm

Post by Riven »

I'm feeling inclined to agree with fishbulb on this situation...

However we havent found who was behind the machine gunners killing on night 1 yet :?

UnVote: whoever

Leaning towards the No-Lynch, option with a 'Happily ever after' result.. but we need to sort who the machine gunners are?
Night Stalker
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
Night Stalker
John Smith. Really.
John Smith. Really.

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:07 pm

Post by Night Stalker »

Fishbulb wrote:Last night we only had one killing, and Night Stalker has already taken the credit for that. If he is just a vigilante, he can choose not to kill tonight, and then we won't have a kill.
Uhm, not that I'm trying to get you to lynch me, but if I was mafia, couldn't I also choose not to kill?

Did all the cops know who each other were? It appears that Fishbulb and gslamm, at very least, knew each other. Did you know FinalFear, Tigris, and PolarBoy? FinalFear, who did you know was a cop when the game started?
FinalFear
FinalFear
Townie
FinalFear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:26 pm

Post by FinalFear »

Actually, I didn't, which is ver odd. I do however know that there are 5 in the police force.

Myself
Lt NiceGuy
Sergeant Friendly
Captain Neighbor
Captain Happy
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:58 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Night Stalker wrote:if I was mafia, couldn't I also choose not to kill?
Yes, please do. I'll tell you what I think, that the mafias are innocent. That there is just a serial killer on the loose here, and rather than wasting time trying to figure out who did it, we can take a night to gather more info. If someone dies, we know it's not over, and we will have gotten some info on a lot more of you. If no one dies, it's either game over, or we do have a mafia, but we will have gotten a lot more info to discuss here with the loss of.... nothing. I still think it's the smart move here.
Night Stalker wrote:Did all the cops know who each other were? It appears that Fishbulb and gslamm, at very least, knew each other. Did you know FinalFear, Tigris, and PolarBoy? FinalFear, who did you know was a cop when the game started?
I'm assuming we all got the same list of cops that were in the game, but none of us knew who the other cops were. But I did a background check on gslamm, FinalFear already roleclaimed, and the rest are dead. I just put it all together.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:06 am

Post by gslamm »

Vote: No lynch
I like Fishbulbs plan. It sure beats anything I could come up with. As much as I normally hate this strategy it may be the best move here.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:24 am

Post by Fishbulb »

We have to make sure and do some investigating tonight, though. And the vigilantes should definitely not kill anyone. If everyone is telling the truth, there should be no deaths tonight, so no reason to make this more confusing by killing someone on a hunch.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:30 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Oops, guess I never voted...

Vote: No Lynch

Investigators, we need to look at Night Stalker, as well as JazzRed and Someone. We need to get to the bottom of this whole Symphony/Carnegie Mafia deal.
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:20 am

Post by Riven »

I Agree with the No-Lynch plan, BUT it has 1 flaw at the moment. There is still someone other than the vigilantes with a night kill ability. We need the machine gunners kill to be resolved before you get a no-lynch vote from me.

I wonder if there is more than one bad cop?
I wonder if the Masons are really just that?

Perhaps PBuG was the player witht he machine gunning kill on Night 1, which could explain why it didnt happen on Night 2?
JazzRed
JazzRed
Townie
JazzRed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:28 am

Post by JazzRed »

Riven, if you look closely on the first page, you will see that the kill was not just from
a
machine gun but
several
machine guns. What I don't like about this whole no lynch is what if some of the "inspectors" are mafia who are just trying to get a free kill. As for why there was no kill last night, I don't know, but I do know I don't like the idea of no lynch.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:09 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

JazzRed wrote:What I don't like about this whole no lynch is what if some of the "inspectors" are mafia who are just trying to get a free kill.
What?? I am the main one (only until just recently) that wanted a No Lynch. And so far, I am one of the main players that wasn't a possible lynchee. That's fine if you don't like it, but your reason makes no sense. They don't get a free kill anyway. If we don't know who they are, we will most likely lynch an innocent. No matter what we do
if
there is scum left, they will get a kill tonight. Might as well not take a chance at getting lucky on today's lynch. Let them have their "free kill". We will have more info, and a real chance at catching them tomorrow. I'd see your point if we knew who to kill, but I have yet to hear a valid argument about going for any certain person.

And, I am not an "inspector", I am a cop; plain and simple. I said investigators, earlier, if that's what you meant, to include the cops as well as CoolBot and Riven.

We will get to the bottom of this tonight. You can't kill all of us.

Captain Neighbor

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”