Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:57 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Werebear - what does your night 4 result mean? Also, does your night 2 result indicate that Mathcam does not respect the military?
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:45 pm

Post by Stewie »

I think that mathcam's inspection meant that mathcam had a messy room. :D
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:56 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

nice, werebear. I'd guess that the failed room inspection thing was random, as that doesn't seem much like a reason. blackhawk was off probably due indenturddjinn's prank, though I it's only a guess. and the indenturedjinn thing, was that what he had done before?

the only dubious thing is mathcam, as that probably means no ability or something else (I know 'something' is vague, oh well).

however, your role is based on information everyone already knows... so... :shock: :? an inspection role based on what everybody knows. hmmmmmmmm... either helpful for town or made up. maybe it's one of those 1/2 and 1/2 roles? like the reporter and the drunk in mafiastom 15?
freak with short term memory
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:31 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

mathcam wrote:Agreed. i read your post, BananaBob, and maybe your FOS is well-founded, but what are you looking for? People to say "Wow, that's a great point! Let me go vote Blackhawk" when you yourself have not even done so?

Cam
I guess that's true, still I can't exactly tell if you all think it's a good or not if you don't say anything. And besides, he saw that ID's already lynched so what's the need of bringing a proof up.

And I guess it is likely that someone will be away for a day, but what is strange is that he DID infact post on that day in flavourful mafia.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:10 pm

Post by Someone »

Just posting to say, I wouldn't say werebear is 100% cleared just yet. There's always a possibility that we have an evil writer-upper among us.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:19 pm

Post by Werebear »

What you see is what you get. The write-ups were for messy rooms, rank being maladjusted, and stealing garbage cans. I'd investigate myself tonight, except I'll be on stinking tours again.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:24 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Hmm. what about the night when we were on tours together? On that night you had not investigated yourself, and you had not investigated me (please correct me if I'm wrong).

(A bit confused).
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
stupid_
stupid_
Townie
stupid_
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:23 pm

Post by stupid_ »

Out of curiosity, are we sure write-ups come from a role? It seems to me that for Werebear's role to make sense, they'd almost have to be just a game mechanic, some manner of random role-block chance whenever someone uses a night ability. It is a theme game, after all.

Think about it. If werebear can find the reasons why people are written up, then obviously the reason has something to do with that person's role, or its kind of a pointless job. But people get written up for doing night activties. So assuming someone is writing people up, either they do it one day after the action they writing someone up for has been done, or they have to wait for all night choices to be in to see who to target. I'd think choice A would be thematically wrong, and while Choice B could explain the long nights we've had, it still seems unweildy.

On the other hand, if it is a game mechanic, then Darkblade doesn't have to wait for another separate person to respond after everyone else has, but can just continue with day. Also, writing up would have to be done by superiors, right? Everyone dead so far has been a cadet, and I wager that everyone in the game is probably a cadet of some manner. So where would the superiors fit in? Either that could be represented by a game mechanic, as I am guessing, or someone's role is a snitch, another reasonable possibility.

So I'd guess that either write-ups are a game mechanic, or controlled by a snitch who receives a list of who's had a night action for that night at the end of the night, and then makes his choice. The only reason I'm considering option B there is because of the way the deadline went last night: First there was a deadline, and then we proceeded to be past that deadline by at least 24 hours (IIRC) before getting to daytime. This could have been a lack of someone's night choice for the first deadline, then the subsequent delay for our snitch to write someone up.

This is all assuming I haven't missed someone claiming they had the ability to write up, or similar evidence. I hope I didn't, because otherwise, this post doesn't do much :D
EnPaceRequiescat
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
EnPaceRequiescat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:58 pm

Post by EnPaceRequiescat »

I'd think that it's a role, as what are the coincidences of werebear getting written up again? and I think on page 8 or 9 mlaker posted the ranks. there are cadet major, air man, etc. from my memory, so there are ranks. ask one of the people knowledgeable in the military in this game.
freak with short term memory
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:12 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

We all have to be cadets since we're in the military school.
It's the word after cadet that states your rank and as enpace said someone had already posted up the ranks.

And I think the 24 hour over the deadline thing is worth exploring (I think it sounds like a new ... perspective of the game we haven't thought of yet)
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:06 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

ok fine if no one is going to do anything I'll
vote: blackhawk
Vraak X
Vraak X
Approved by George W. Bush
Vraak X

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:44 pm

Post by Vraak X »

Okay. Here's a theory:

I don't know much about AFROTC, or even the Air Force. What I can probably derive this off of is my experience from AROTC (Army ROTC)..

All military services have similar formations. In the Army, it goes from the Squad, Platoon, Company, Battalion, Brigade, etc., from lowest to highest. In the Air Force, I believe it is Flight, Squadron, then Group (correct me if I'm wrong).

For further notice, an
Army Company = Flight,
Army Battalion = Squadron
Army Brigade = Group

So from now on, I'm going to refer to most things in the Army perspective.

Each of the pay grades are typically assigned to a certain position in the chain of command. To recap, the ranks in AFROTC are:

Airman Basic - Pay Grade E1
Airman - Pay Grade E2
Airman First Class - Pay Grade E3
Senior Airman - Pay Grade E4
Staff Sergeant - Pay Grade E5
Technical Sergeant - Pay Grade E6
Master Sergeant - Pay Grade E7
Senior Master Sergeant - Pay Grade E8
Chief Master Sergeant - Pay Grade E9

Second Lieutenant - Pay Grade O1
1st Lieutenant - Pay Grade O2
Captain - Pay Grade O3
Major - Pay Grade O4
Lieutenant Colonel - Pay Grade O5
Colonel - Pay Grade O6

In the US Army, and in other military branches as well, a CO will always have an NCO counterpart. Companies (Flights) are commanded by Captains (correct me if I'm wrong) typically, and have an E8 supporting them (Senior Master Sergeant in the AF or a First Sergeant in the Army). Battalions (Squadrons) would have Lieutenant Colonels or Colonels as the Commander CO and the corresponding staff officer would be the Chief Master Sergeant for that Battalion, or in the Army's case, the Sergeant Major. Groups are commanded by Colonels as the CO and once again, the NCO would be the Chief Master Sergeant.

So far, the deaths from the mafia have been as follows:

Cadet Colonel Dementia Blader, Core Commander(Mafia), poisioned by the town Day One
Cadet Airman Basic Whinny the Foo, Mafia Thug, hung on the flagpole Day Two
Cadet Senior Airman chaotic_diablo, Mafia Brownnoser, impaled on a fence Day Three

We have one Colonel down, and we have two lower-ranking NCOs down from the mafia. What does this mean? Either there are two remaining mafiosi left, and we're screwed (which we're not, really) or there is one remaining, and even with two, this theory will still apply.

Presuming all the evidence taken, we can easily deduct that because the other mafiosi so far (besides the Colonel) have been lower ranking NCOs, all we have left now is a senior NCO or a junior officer. That would mean that any Technical Sergeants, Master Sergeants, or Senior Master Sergeants would be a possible candidate. The other viable option is that a Lieutenant or a Captain is a member of the mafia.

The theory I propose is this: we have two mafiosos remaining, despite the fact that you may think that I'm waay out of proportion here. One is a senior NCO, one is a junior CO. Using the chain-of-command, after the Colonel was lynched as a mafia, the Junior CO would take over as godfather, theoretically, and the Senior NCO would be bumped up one notch.

Werebear's role as a Discipline Sergeant investigates disciplinary action, however, does this clear him from all mafia charges? The disciplinary action could be an effective way to keep the mafia from hitting us townies and probably is triggered by a townie. Leonidas and Werebear may have served on tours together on a certain night, however, a) does Leonidas know that Werebear is innocent completely or b) is Leonidas a member of the mafia himself? Remember my theory: we're still missing a senior NCO and a junior CO. Perhaps Leonidas is the junior CO and Werebear is the senior NCO. Discipline Sergeants are typically higher NCOs than a lowly Airman, so this would all make sense.

Vote: Werebear

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or sound delusional.
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:46 pm

Post by Vraak X »

There could, might I add, also be two senior Non-Comissioned Officers remaining. Or I may just be WAAAY off.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:16 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

:shock: I is very confused by that.
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:38 pm

Post by Vraak X »

It's a military thing, don't worry.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:49 am

Post by mathcam »

I'm not sure switching to Army terminology is the best way of making that understandable to
anyone
else in the game. But, um, A+ for effort. :)

Yeah, my room's probably a mess. I'm not, shall we say, the most disciplined of cadets. Werebear and at least one other role (possibly 2) can verify this, but I see no reason to come out with who you are.

Cam
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:25 am

Post by Vraak X »

LOL.. Everyone must be confused.. I really didn't switch to Army terminology later on.. I just warned you guys.. :D..
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:52 am

Post by Werebear »

I kind of followed the logic, I'd have to take your word on the ones left. But I will tell you you're barking up the wrong tree by voting me. Leonidas, I was told when I was on tours, I was too busy to investigate anyone.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:49 am

Post by Vraak X »

Unvote: Werebear

How about a rank report?
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:36 am

Post by Tigris »

I think that I understood all that, but not incredibly certain.

When you ask about a rank report, are you asking simply from one or two people (i.e. Werebear from the jist of your posts, imo) or from everyone? I have no issues with revealing mine as there has not been one killed yet and thus my abilities (or lack thereof) cannot be surmised from my rank, so it would not give the mafia additional information.
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:06 am

Post by Vraak X »

Telling rank wouldn't hurt one bit.. Just determine how many people from the Chain of command we have left..`
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:52 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

You want one from everyone vraak?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:03 am

Post by mathcam »

I'm still not sure how good of an idea this is...we know very little about the mafia's (or maybe an SK's) goal in this game. What if it's the SK's goal to kill everyone higher ranked than him? Then we're making it really easy for him/her. What are the advantages to revealing, Vraak?

Cam
Vraak X
Vraak X
Vraak X

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:37 am

Post by Vraak X »

I think there is just one mafia group. Probably 4 or 5 members in the mafia, we knocked out three. Every unit in the Air Force has a sort of chain of command. I suppose the mafia has the same. We've knocked out a Colonel (an officer), and two low-ranking enlisted personnel. That means the only options we have left is a lower-ranking officer and a high-ranking NCO.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:32 am

Post by Someone »

Yeah, and plus the discussion level will probably go up. I vote for yes.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”