/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:57 am

Post by Faraday »

Day 6, Votecount 1

Shadoweh (1) - Benmage
Not voting (5) :
Benmage, Deasvail, Llamarble, Shadoweh, Tammy
  • With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of May at 00:30am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-05-04 19:30:00)
  • NO ONE is V/la
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1872, Shadoweh wrote:If I were a wizard I would conjure up some voting statistics that say who the scum are, but instead I'll have to point out that it would be fucking stupid to push the lynch from CES onto myself if I were his scum buddy instead of hammering onto the Benmage train, which would have to be town in that case, or onto UT if CES thought a quickwagon would take off.
I always find it an effective startegy when I'm scum, to highlight an action of mine, and give the "standard operating procedure" scum move... It shows a difference and therefore is suppose to leave a subtle thought in the readers head of "hey this person acts scum this way, and was different here".... its a weak use of meta defense.

I use it as scum. I aint buyin it here... The whole post read heavily IIoA.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:04 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1873, DeasVail wrote: And Benmage, well that would leave Shadoweh I guess? I'm not sold on you being town though.
How aren't you?

You just witnessed the Wire... I couldn't have opened that game more involved. Granted RL changed some midday-ness...

But the total difference here with the lack of care for not posting... Its pretty blatant.

Then you have me lynching Nacho/CES... Nacho who I push over CES from rather obscurity... Why would I stall the CES wagon, to the Nacho one under the premise that CES would still be a viable lynch the next day.

Like.... get better bro.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:30 am

Post by DeasVail »

Eh, I still have to check all that out.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:54 am

Post by Benmage »

Where have you been?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:34 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 1876, Benmage wrote:
In post 1872, Shadoweh wrote:If I were a wizard I would conjure up some voting statistics that say who the scum are, but instead I'll have to point out that it would be fucking stupid to push the lynch from CES onto myself if I were his scum buddy instead of hammering onto the Benmage train, which would have to be town in that case, or onto UT if CES thought a quickwagon would take off.
I always find it an effective startegy when I'm scum, to highlight an action of mine, and give the "standard operating procedure" scum move... It shows a difference and therefore is suppose to leave a subtle thought in the readers head of "hey this person acts scum this way, and was different here".... its a weak use of meta defense.

I use it as scum. I aint buyin it here... The whole post read heavily IIoA.
I'm glad we've changed so you're actually accusing me of being scum instead of doing it for funsies. I'm not being subtle here, I'm outright telling you this would be an idiot move for scum to do. It's not based on playstyle since the lynch moving onto me had nothing to do with me, it's logic based on voting patterns, you know, that logix thing you've been throwing out the window to lynch people for being 'weak'.

I'm also not you. But I'm glad you still feel free to ignore my posts and sum them up as IIoA so you can continue voting someone you admitted you don't think is scum. Note that glad in this case means I want to strangle you with my bare hands.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1879, Benmage wrote:Where have you been?
Uni/sleeping/doing work for Uni

I don't have much to do now though, so I'll hopefully get some reading done tonight!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:04 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, so I haven't actually read Tammy's ISO in ages, so let's start there. (By the way I'm going backwards in case there's any confusion. It's the new cool thing to do)

-Her posts today seem pretty natural. They could be faked, but it would be pretty well done by scum and that and other things involve more effort than I'd expect from Tammy-scum at this stage. (and this probably applies previously too when she was part of TET). is an example.

[aside]Regarding Shadoweh, I think that if she is scum, she needs to do
something
here to avoid losing. Continuing to attack Benmage probably wouldn't have helped her I don't think? Going for defending Benmage is risky, but is the kind of thing I'd expect from scum in a desperate situation (and the kind of thing I would like to try and do as scum too).[/aside]

Ok, I know this is from earlier in the game, but I think mentioning the possibility of CES selective scumhunting by not attacking Nacho
before
either of them flip scum is a really bold move for scum because obviously she'd see it as something that actually incriminates her partners (so she probably wouldn't say it) and also if I considered it as scum I'd think it was something I only thought of because I knew the two of them were scum.

is pretty excessive for scum (similar to something I said about Tierce I think) and the key thing with Tammy is that in her position (especially back then) she didn't need to make the extra effort to look town.

The thing with Empire is another thing that is really really probably from town (why risk adding drama to the relationship with Empire as scum unless she's desperate to look town which she isn't?).

I'll probably do the rest if Benmage and Shadoweh are suddenly super super town or something (oh I really really hope not!), but I'm having a lot of trouble seeing Tammy-scum here.

To be continued! (tomorrow)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1882, DeasVail wrote:[aside]Regarding Shadoweh, I think that if she is scum, she needs to do something here to avoid losing. Continuing to attack Benmage probably wouldn't have helped her I don't think? Going for defending Benmage is risky, but is the kind of thing I'd expect from scum in a desperate situation (and the kind of thing I would like to try and do as scum too).[/aside]
What option does Shadoweh really have? Could he have done more today then what he's already done??

You don't find it suspicious in general, if a player is lurkmaster and then suddenly nearing lylo drops massive case work? You don't get a little leery?

Anyways, look at what Shadoweh's "content" really is... he analyzes CES/Nacho interactions with ding ding ding.. you DV... Why you? Well look at what's been said and whose alive, and general player sentiment... who left is a plausible mislynch if shadoweh is scum?? Ding ding ding... YOU.
-Hence not suprising she would start to "begin" a "case" on you.
--As for me... he couldn't have buddied harder. And my recent complaint of his posting... what can he possibly do? He can't attack me (and really isn't), as he just defended me as town... all he can do is attempt to show my statements as incorrect. Which he's done... his
ONLY
option.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:27 am

Post by Tammy »

Prod dodge. Probably tomorrow before I have time for this.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1881, DeasVail wrote:
In post 1879, Benmage wrote:Where have you been?
Uni/sleeping/doing work for Uni

I don't have much to do now though, so I'll hopefully get some reading done tonight!
I didnt mean recently busy-ness...I meant it odd that you wouldn't have a better grasp on how key game events have played out.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Benmage »

ANd Yolobored!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:55 am

Post by Benmage »

Mod can I have more votes?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:07 am

Post by Benmage »

Can I at least have mod privileges?

Yolo?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Llamarble »

Alright, here we go.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:16 am

Post by Llamarble »

Tammy gets to win if she is scum. Whoever else is alive tomorrow votes each other and she decides.
This is both my opinion and the strong opinion of basically all the dead townies.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Llamarble »

Benmage is not clearly scum. He's played a solid game (well, in terms of looking town anyway; definitely not in terms of expressing coherent ideas) if scum.
I suspect it'll turn out to be one of the other two at this point.

Time to read the being of supreme disgusting slimy limpness.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Shadoweh »

GOD DAMNIT BENMAGE I AM NOT A DUDE. And I can't buddy you to win if I'm scum, you would have to be the other mislynch. It would be far easier to convince Tammy to mislynch you then to rely on you not voting for me after you've been hating on me for a few days. Being sleepless in YOLOville makes me cranky but seriously YOU'RE WELCOME YOU UNGRATEFUL DIIIIIIIIIIIIICK.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:58 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ben, I haven't read your post properly yet (got to go very soon!) but what I said supports Shadoweh-scum.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:08 am

Post by Llamarble »

DV you are a spineless goop-bubble. You may have been wrong in 935 but it was still a good post and you should try to make more posts like that.
Post confidently about the things you feel confident of and admit indecision about things you don't feel confident about.
Anyway, I did not pull any major scumpings off DV's ISO or his mentions by CES/Nacho.

For each of DV/Shadow/Benmage, if there are any especially strong reasons we should see you as town that we might have missed it would be good to collect them at this point.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:41 am

Post by Llamarble »

Ok, Shadoweh could be scum but has done a few things right.
So I'll proceed with round 2, most likely tomorrow, wherein I examine important events.
Also I'll do CTD->each.
And meta. Meta will be important to understanding the undercooked egg and the birdie; birdie works pretty well if she is good scum in general, which I could buy.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 1894, Llamarble wrote:Benmage, if there are any especially strong reasons we should see you as town that we might have missed it would be good to collect them at this point.
Its all right here:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25712
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Thanks Llama. I know it's something I need to work on, mainly the confidence side of things.

I can't think of anything else really strong for me-town, but I thought some of the things Empire said were pretty good. I could ISO myself and find stuff, but would that just make things worse? I don't know.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

It depends on what game you ask. >_> I've had a total of one good scum game on this site. I've always found that people disagree with me when I bring up the reasons I shouldn't be scum, can't imagine why but people just don't think like I do. I've already told you my reasons.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:39 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 696, DeasVail wrote:I would, but I've got uni work to do tonight :( (which I really should have done before now)

I'll see if I can squeeze in some time, but I'm not sure.
If you already feel ok about your reads, why does it take a while to just post them?

Overall I didn't have much issue with DV D1. If things continue like this I'm going to want to lynch Benmage & Shadoweh and let DV live, particularly considering Tierce/Empire wanted DV off limits.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”