NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 3.04:

Antilles - Syryana
Jennifer - Human Destroyer
DrippingGoofball - Bulbazak
Bulbazak - DrippingGoofball, arcangel, RainbowDash
Rainbowdash - zdenek
Syryana - BBmolla

Not Voting - Titan, DCLXVI, Jennifer, Antilles, Ms. Marangal, Metal Overlord, Klick

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch and to no-lynch.

The Deadline is in (expired on 2013-05-05 00:37:43) or by 11: 40 PM on May 4th, 2013.

Searching for a replacement for Klick
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 1797, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1772, Human Destroyer wrote:I'll be honest, I understood almost nothing of this post.

DGB Bulbazak is town. Push Titan instead and I'll be fine.
I think both are scum. We've already lynched 2 scums, so the order isn't all that important.

Lemme give Titan another look tomorrow morning, I'll check which is scummiest between Bulbazak & Titan.

Let's just keep this up and see where the scum moves its votes, K? We can decide on the actual lynch later.

Can you check if Syryana is scum or derp?
later today, remind me if I forget
Are you ready for this?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1743, DCLXVI wrote:
In post 1720, DCLXVI wrote:
In post 1719, Syryana wrote:That is a remarkably calm response.

I don't like your second sentence because it's a rhetorical question with no purpose. The whole post is filler, but if you'd left it at "what the hell Marangal" I'd probably have overlooked it. However, since you clearly felt the need to embellish I took a closer look.
Why? were you expecting something other than a calm response?

The second line wasn't filler. It was expanding my point to reference the fact that we apparently have more than one suicidal towny in our midst. Which is unusual. Hardly embillishment,
Syry, I want you to respond to this.
I was actually. In the last game I played where you were scum, every time someone attacked your posts you proceeded to flip a shit. The calmness of your response here is interesting, to say the least.

Furthermore, it was filler, because it was a rhetorical question. That is by definition filler.

Also, why do you think MM and DGB are townies?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:53 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

K

Titan.

Titan's slot is going swimmingly during the KBW lynch. Not pushing on KBW too hard.

Then after the KBW flip, Titan goes into a psychotic, overthinking tailspin to tunnel on HD & myself.

The posts below are baaaad...
I'm still nervous about tua. Neither of their heads are reading town to me and I expect Nero you actually be pushing for reactions and scum hunting and he's just really not. I don't know what to make of mastin, but I would have expected him to respond to my questions earlier in the game or react to the slight town tell I had for them if he was town. But I think Arthur's leaning town on them? We haven't had a chance to talk though, Arthur's busy studying right now. Hrm.

The empathetic part of me that feels bad dgb is having a hard time wants to think the mafia-depressed thing is town, but I can't get over her play. She's not reading the game, and she's behaving just like she did as scum in mafia stuck right down trolling the town and following the advice she gave her scum partner to invent idiosyncratic town and scum tells. I've mentioned why I'm not reading her as town more than once, and when it was obvious I was trying to figure out my read and see if it was wrong, she picked up one word I said and exaggerated it and tried to push it as a scum tell and in the process dismissed my very valid reasons for suspecting her. That is not town play at all.

I guess it doesn't matter though it looks like tua are getting lynched, and they have a good chance of flipping scum.
In post 1521, Titan wrote:
In post 1512, Zdenek wrote:Why do you think this precludes them from being buddies?

It doesn't. They could be buddies, but I still find dgb's treatment of the whole situation yesterday suspect. She voted kbw before moving to tua and pushing them. When rach asked if we could lynch kbw today since it looked like we were lynching tua yesterday, her response was that tua poisoned that slot with wifom. She then moved away and voted herself, which incidentally helped the tua wagon to lessen even though they would have been lynched regardless.

I don't know. I'm trying to figure out if Nero would bus kbw early on and then mastin do that red alert! Abort! Lynch as scum because dgb was on the wagon.

I don't have a town read on them either, but I'm just not sure. I don't even know what I'm going to think about dgb's alignment if they come back scum. Earlier when I said I was considering moving to tua I thought that if tua was scum it would make dgb more likely to be town, I guess, though I wouldn't put it past her to bus cuz she's crafty, but then she moved to wtf world when I was trying to work out my reads there and I don't know what to think anymore.
I wonder if the better play doesn't come from the Arthur hydra... the "can't-read-DGB-for-shit" posts are probably Tammy's.

After iso'ing that player slot I have to say that my scum read on it has gone from 90% to 50% at most.

Mmmmmmmmmmm

So, scum is Bulbazak & Syryana... and I'm thinking I should take a closer look at RachMarie/DC.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:03 am

Post by Syryana »

#1803 is one of the most amazing backpedals in Mafia history.

VOTE: DGB
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:22 am

Does that mean that Titan is scum, or town?

I'd like to know.

In other news, Syryana came into the game with a townies-to-lynch list, and is just shouting nonsense.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:53 am

Post by DCLXVI »

@mod going to be v/la from now through thursday

one final question to syry until I'm back:

Please find and point out where I flipped a shit over being called scum. I was never called scum before lylo. In lylo I was barely called scum and at that point I was bussing and distancing myself from people just in case we somehow didn't get a mislynch. The only shit I remember is me getting into a fake argument with my scumpartner mala in order to make it look like we weren't buddies. So yeah, your "meta" point there is completely false.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:17 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1805, DrippingGoofball wrote:In other news, Syryana came into the game with a townies-to-lynch list, and is just shouting nonsense.
The number of misreps in this post. Where do I start?

Let's start with nonsense. You spent pretty much all of Day 2 yelling and screaming that Titan is scum, even to the point of Titan just losing it and in your words "goes into a psychotic, overthinking tailspin". Then, after tunneling them all of Day 2 and (until your most recent post) Day 3, you decide to go actually read what Titan was saying and go "Oh, well I guess they're not as scummy as I thought". It's like you woke up this morning and decided, hey, let's go after someone else today. You want nonsense, look no further than the reflective altar of your self-adoration.

W.r.t my supposed "list of townies to lynch", I detailed my thought processes over catching up with 60 pages of dense posting and updated my reads accordingly. If you have specific questions about my reads, ask them. If you want to sit back and misrep my list with shitty statements like "list of townies to lynch", you can very kindly fuck off.

@DCL: You're misinterpreting what I'm talking about. In that game (Open 483 for those interested), you liked to build logical cases against people with some obvious flaws. When called on said flaws, you proceeded to get riled and tried to prove how wrong I was about how wrong you were. I'm not seeing that here. I don't know where you got the idea that I was saying you were called scum and went on a rampage. When I commented that your calm response was interesting, I meant it was a point towards you being town.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:26 am

Hey scum

You avoided answering my most important question:
In post 1805, DrippingGoofball wrote:Does that [my so-called backpedaling] mean that Titan is scum, or town?

I'd like to know.

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:34 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1808, DrippingGoofball wrote:Hey scum

You avoided answering my most important question:
In post 1805, DrippingGoofball wrote:Does that [my so-called backpedaling] mean that Titan is scum, or town?

I'd like to know.
I thought it was a rhetorical question. You backpedaling has no bearing on Titan's alignment.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:37 am

In post 1809, Syryana wrote:I thought it was a rhetorical question. You backpedaling has no bearing on Titan's alignment.
Why wouldn't, it if I'm scum?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:38 am

EBWOP

Why wouldn't it, if I'm scum?

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:45 am

Post by Titan »

Mostly a prod dodge. Won't have time for this before tomorrow. And Arthur's studying for finals, so I doubt he'll be around.

Those posts are fine and are indicative of the hard time I was having yesterday. Probably about 95% of the posts are mine this game.

I'm glad you can now see why I kept insisting that you go back and read my posts.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if there is something to mastin's selective scumhunting in the beginning. He was calling me a strong townread right up front. Bt (zdenek) questioned something I said and mastin degraded him from town to null or something like that for questioning his strong town read. But at the same time bulba was calling me scum and mastin didn't blink at that. That kind of selective scumhunting is one of the reasons I was suspicious in the beginning of tua and he never addressed it when I brought it up. Now I'm trying to figure out if it means anything for the zdenek/bulba slots but I have them both as town so I suppose it's possible that he thought it would be easier to attack bt than bulba because bulba was very aggressive. It cuold have been distancing with bt/zdenek though. I do have a town read there but it's not über strong.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:53 am

I would wager that 2 of TUA's buddies, if not the remaining 3, are in the below "town" list.
In post 1768, DrippingGoofball wrote:
TUA FAKE SCUM READS

Keyblade (changed to town mid-wagon)
MS Marangal
OtterHorse(now RD)
Reek(now-DGB)
TAM(then Lurker, now Syryana)
MO
Jennifer

TUA FAKE TOWN READS (aka, TUA's buddies)

Titan
Bulbazak
Antilles
Marangal (this read changed from scum to town Apr 17)
BBmolla (no read on predecessor
Robocopter)

When you're scum in a nightless game it's vital to cast a wide net of suspicion (TUA clearly did that), and I think is definitely scum with Titan and Bulbazak. TAM/Lurker/Syryana was in the margins of the fake scum pile, and wasn't pushed at all like some of the other fake reads.

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:57 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1811, DrippingGoofball wrote:EBWOP

Why wouldn't it, if I'm scum?
There are multiple reasons that your backpedaling is alignment null w.r.t. Titan. If Titan is town, perhaps you picked Titan as a target to mislynch. Your play has certainly driven them up the wall and iirc you and one of the Titan heads have a lot of history. Perhaps you planned to goad them into something rash and use that to mislynch them. If Titan is scum, you decided to do some cross-bussing (hell, why not, you were already bussing your buddy TUA) and then gave it up as a flimsy job a day later in an attempt to make your 180 on the slot look believable.

There are many other plausible scenarios for either of Titan's possible alignments. That's why your backpedal is null.

Pedit: There are five players missing from that list. Do you think it possible or likely TUA just neglected to mention one or more of his buddies entirely?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:06 am

What is more likely for DGB-scum:

(1) Backpedal of a Titan mislynch in a nightless, while another player wants to lynch that slot and would help me?
(2) Backpedal on a Titan bus, while another player wants to lynch that slot and would help me?

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1815, DrippingGoofball wrote:What is more likely for DGB-scum:

(1) Backpedal of a Titan mislynch in a nightless, while another player wants to lynch that slot and would help me?
(2) Backpedal on a Titan bus, while another player wants to lynch that slot and would help me?
I spy with my little eye, a heaping helping of WIFOM.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:29 am

Post by Antilles »

In post 1767, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1763, Antilles wrote:
In post 1759, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1757, Antilles wrote:RBD is probably town, sadly. His reads are just awful.

M
s.
M
arangal

Titan
Syryana
Metal Sonic

^ Look at them.
I thought you wanted an
MM
lynch?
Reading comprehension, motherfucker! Do you have it?
Yes, do you?
Clearly. She's at the top of the list I want people to look at. Or were you too dense to figure that out?

More to the point... why exactly are you wasting my time? You want to go on the permanent /ignore list, don't you?
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:30 am

Post by Antilles »

Also: Children, stop bickering. You're both town and you're both being idiots.

Lynch Ms Marangal.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:32 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1817, Antilles wrote:
In post 1767, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1763, Antilles wrote:
In post 1759, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1757, Antilles wrote:RBD is probably town, sadly. His reads are just awful.

M
s.
M
arangal

Titan
Syryana
Metal Sonic

^ Look at them.
I thought you wanted an
MM
lynch?
Reading comprehension, motherfucker! Do you have it?
Yes, do you?
Clearly. She's at the top of the list I want people to look at. Or were you too dense to figure that out?

More to the point... why exactly are you wasting my time? You want to go on the permanent /ignore list, don't you?
Maybe I just misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were criticizing RBD on her scum reads, when the one player you've been pushing hard as scum is sitting on the top of the list. Then again, those could be RBD's town reads. You never specified, and at this point, I don't care enough to go look.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:35 am

Post by Antilles »

Clearly you misunderstood. Hence the jab at your reading comprehension.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:52 am

Post by Zdenek »

Bulbazak, I'd still like to know who you think is town.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:03 am

Post by Antilles »

Who's dead?

-
Keybladewielder

-
TheUnderachivers

Who's alive?

-
DrippingGoofball
CDB/Nexus

-
Human Destroyer

-
Antilles

- Titan
(SAD/Tammy)

-
Ms. Marangal

- DLCXVI
RachMarie

- Syryana
TheLurker
The Acting Method

- Zdenek
BT

-
Bulbazak

-
Jennifer
Serrapaladin

-
BBmolla
Robocopter87

-
Klick

- Metal Overlord
(Metal Sonic/KX)

-
Rainbowdash
RBD/Zoraster

- ArcAngel9

Green
is conftown.
Blue
is probtown.
Orange
is probscum.
Red
is confscum.

To be continued.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 728, Ms Marangal wrote:uuhhh... there are no PR's in this game Titan

and I'm seeing TUA as a stronger scum read the KBW, but not by much. I would much rather get Lurker lynched

and I'm defitenly not seeing MO scum

goddamn Posts
This makes me not want to lynch Marangal.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Syr analysis coming up...
Are you ready for this?