NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:35 am

Post by Antilles »

Also: Funniest post of the year.

:lol:
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 3.08:

DrippingGoofball - Bulbazak, Syryana
Bulbazak - DrippingGoofball, arcangel, RainbowDash
Syryana - BBmolla, Human Destroyer, Jennifer, Ms. Marangal
Ms. Marangal- Antilles
DCLXVI - zdenek

Not Voting - Titan, DCLXVI, Metal Overlord, Klick

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch and to no-lynch.

The Deadline is in (expired on 2013-05-05 00:37:43) or by 11: 40 PM on May 4th, 2013.

Searching for a replacement for Klick. If anyone knows anybody willing to replace him that'd be much appreciated.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:37 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Let's see what happens.

VOTE: Syryana

In other news, Void=awesome mod.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:07 am

Post by Titan »

I'm not voting because I don't know who I want to vote for. Not voting for Bulbazack as he's one of my strongest town reads, and I want to give Syryana some more time. Wasn't a big fan of his predecessors but I like what he's posted so far, so I can't see myself voting there either.

I need to rethink my earlier town read on Arcangel. I gave that town read based on how she reacted to TUA calling her scum. Both heads have played with her and Nero is hydraing with her, so they know exactly how she would react to being called scum as town. I think they'd want to avoid that if she were town, so I want to read through it again. Could have been a little show for distancing. I need to look at how her play and reads have been otherwise.

I still don't trust DGB at all, but I've decided I'm putting her on ignore for now. She just doesn't read real at all. And it has nothing to do with "I can't read her for shit" as she tried to dismiss. I read her accurately as town in Ladies Night. I read her accurately as scum in Mafiastuck. I read her accurately as scum while following along with Gay Mafia II and watched her play that town like a fiddle and get confirmed town lynched at the end. So, it has nothing to do with that. I just don't trust her. Her play doesn't feel real. A lot of it feels disruptive and distractive instead of really trying to find mafia. And the scum motivation for downgrading the scum read on me is pretty clear. Yes, one person was willing to lynch me and maybe even a couple more. But, the whole incident would look pretty bad if she made it happen against the majority of town and I flip town. That's the kind of attention one wouldn't want. So, downgrade to 50%, so that if it happens later, she looked reasonable and it won't come back to bite her. So, I'm not going to push for it right now, but if she gets anywhere near lylo, I'll push for her lynch without hesitation. And if I'm lynched before that, I want you all to take me seriously, and lynch her if it gets near lylo.

Anyway, we have some time and I need to read through some things over the weekend and talk with Arthur. I'd probably be fine with joining zdenek on satan kitty. I didn't have a great feel about rach, and I don't like that Klick sheeped onto jen yesterday after calling her town, and that's probably about it for now.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

In post 1807, Syryana wrote:@DCL: You're misinterpreting what I'm talking about. In that game (Open 483 for those interested), you liked to build logical cases against people with some obvious flaws. When called on said flaws, you proceeded to get riled and tried to prove how wrong I was about how wrong you were. I'm not seeing that here. I don't know where you got the idea that I was saying you were called scum and went on a rampage. When I commented that your calm response was interesting, I meant it was a point towards you being town.
Syry's 'meta' on me is bad for multiple reasons.

1. She has never been in a completed game with me as town. In other words, she doesn't know how I act as town so how in the world can she presume to know my meta if she is town.
2. Her description of my actions is incorrect as it is an apples oranges scenario.

In that game I played with her I was making a case against someone, and then continued to push the case trying to show that I was right.
In this game, she made a point against me, and I asked for clarification. I was calm because I wanted to draw out clarification from her. (hint: it's easier to get answers from people if you are nice to them)

Very different scenarios

3. I am self-aware of my meta and painfully aware that I'm a very inconsistent player. Me being calm is neither a town or scum tell, all it means is I'm relaxed about the game, which has nothing to do with my alignment, and probably more to do with real life stuff. I can post both scum and town games of me being riled up a significantly more than whatever syry thinks being riled up is

basically, as much as I like being called town syry is calling me town for very suspect reasons. I'm totally fine with joining this wagon. Syry's meta case on me points to her being scum. If she is town, she can't see an alleged difference between my scum and town play because she has seen one side. However, if she was scum she would know I'm town and maybe thinks I'm being different then when I was scum and wants townie points for meta claiming that I'm town.

vote:syryana

In post 1939, DrippingGoofball wrote:There is a scum in here: Titan, DCLXVI, Klick that is saving himself for the hammer.
I was v/la so why are you trying to accuse me of waiting to hammer?
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:21 pm

In post 1953, Titan wrote:I'd probably be fine with joining zdenek on satan kitty.
OK! That's good.

So DC-Satan is now conf-town, and Titan is back in the 100% scum pile.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:22 pm

In post 1954, DCLXVI wrote:I was v/la so why are you trying to accuse me of waiting to hammer?
I didn't realize the VLA, but it doesn't matter, you're town.

As it turns out, it was Titan on that list that was ambushing the hammer.

Godspeed.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1955, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1953, Titan wrote:I'd probably be fine with joining zdenek on satan kitty.
OK! That's good.

Just fucking vote me and lynch me. I can't take it. I just really can't take it. If you're just going to continue to be a disruptive distracting troll and flaunt that you are not actually looking for scum and the rest of the damn town is going to let you do it, I don't want to play with you. I just don't.

You've been miserable and rude and distractive since you replaced in. I've tried to be respectful after you went haywire because I dared to ask you to explain reads and replaced out of Castle Zar, but I just can't take your attitude.

And you know what, it's probably indicative that you are indeed scum. Because I remember really enjoying playing with you in Ladies Night.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by Tammy »

TOWN - I AM SERIOUS, DO NOT LET DGB GET TO LYLO. DO NOT DO IT.

Now i've said my piece. Feel free to lynch me. I'm letting arthur take over from here if he's still around. I'm done.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 1957, Tammy wrote:
In post 1955, DrippingGoofball wrote:
OK! That's good.

Just fucking vote me and lynch me. I can't take it. I just really can't take it. If you're just going to continue to be a disruptive distracting troll and flaunt that you are not actually looking for scum and the rest of the damn town is going to let you do it, I don't want to play with you. I just don't.

You've been miserable and rude and distractive since you replaced in. I've tried to be respectful after you went haywire because I dared to ask you to explain reads and replaced out of Castle Zar, but I just can't take your attitude.

And you know what, it's probably indicative that you are indeed scum. Because I remember really enjoying playing with you in Ladies Night.
In post 1958, Tammy wrote:
TOWN - I AM SERIOUS, DO NOT LET DGB GET TO LYLO. DO NOT DO IT.

Now i've said my piece. Feel free to lynch me. I'm letting arthur take over from here if he's still around. I'm done.

Sorry.
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Titan »

Oh here.

VOTE: dgb

My final act. Feel free to lynch me now and you can stuff it.

When you see my town flip, please read what I said about DGB because you will know it was 100% genuine. And I'm serious about not letting her get to LyLo. You should lynch her sooner though and create a better environment here.
Half troll/Half wall.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:31 pm

In post 1957, Tammy wrote:You've been miserable and rude
I've been miserable, but I don't think I have been rude at all. Plus, I'm totes-town. I'm pretty sure I'm not less skarky here, than I was in Ladies' Night II.

I've got my LNII iso opened in another window, and I'm my usual sarcastic self. I don't see the difference, other than the fact that you're scum in this game and the snark is a threat to your wincon.

I mean, I'm sorry, but that's what I think.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:35 pm

In post 1960, Titan wrote:Oh here.

When you see my town flip, please read what I said about DGB because you will know it was 100% genuine. And I'm serious about not letting her get to LyLo. You should lynch her sooner though and create a better environment here.
If you're town, you are very, very wrong.

And yes, I do think that anyone calling me scum in this game has to be scum.

I also think both main wagons are on scum right now.

If you're frustrated caught-scum with 2 dead buddies and 2 buddies being wagoned right now, then I can't help you I suppose, but if you're town, do stick around. Stop calling me scum because I'm town, and look for actual scum instead.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by Titan »

Youre right. Youre attitude is a danger to my wincon. You are behaving in ways that is contra-to town winning, which is my wincon, and yes that annoys me to no end.

And you know what, whatever, lynch me please and set me free. You've done nothing but badger me since I actually tried to work out my read on you. Do you even realize that or are you just stuck up your own ass so much that you don't recognize that I was on my way to moving my vote to TUA and going for their lynch but was also trying to work out my read on you when you went into let's badger titan over the most ridiculous thing ever. You're not scumhunting, you're just calling anyone who suspects you scum.

But whatever, have fun. I'm just done.
Half troll/Half wall.

DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

In post 1957, Tammy wrote:Just fucking vote me and lynch me. I can't take it.
What the hell people...there must be something in the water. Cause you are now the third person to express a desire to get lynched.

@mod did you secretly add some jesters to this setup?

inb4 syry accuses me of scumposting
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:40 pm

In post 1963, Titan wrote:Youre right. Youre attitude is a danger to my wincon. You are behaving in ways that is contra-to town winning, which is my wincon, and yes that annoys me to no end.

And you know what, whatever, lynch me please and set me free. You've done nothing but badger me since I actually tried to work out my read on you. Do you even realize that or are you just stuck up your own ass so much that you don't recognize that I was on my way to moving my vote to TUA and going for their lynch but was also trying to work out my read on you when you went into let's badger titan over the most ridiculous thing ever. You're not scumhunting, you're just calling anyone who suspects you scum.

But whatever, have fun. I'm just done.
Look at this post:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p4449098

SL was scum. I was in total bitch-mode. I'm a real pussycat in this game by comparison.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:43 pm

In post 1963, Titan wrote:you don't recognize that I was on my way to moving my vote to TUA and going for their lynch but was also trying to work out my read on you when you went into let's badger titan over the most ridiculous thing ever.
Awww. Not that I enjoy beating dead horses, but objectively, that does sound like frustrated scum to me.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 1962, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1960, Titan wrote:Oh here.

If you're town, you are very, very wrong.

And yes, I do think that anyone calling me scum in this game has to be scum.

I also think both main wagons are on scum right now.

If you're frustrated caught-scum with 2 dead buddies and 2 buddies being wagoned right now, then I can't help you I suppose, but if you're town, do stick around. Stop calling me scum because I'm town, and look for actual scum instead.
I don't get frustrated when my buddies are caught. I don't get nervous when my scum buddies are caught. I don't get upset when I'm caught. 90 % of the time I don't care about my scum games as much as my town games.

And I have been looking for actual scum; that should be obvious. You helped to derail that when I was obviously trying to work out my read on you and see if I was wrong, except for you can't be bothered to recognize that.

If you will look day one, when I opted to go after KBW I suggested that we get TUA the next day. Your antics around the lynch yesterday are what made me think you were scum. Do you really think I, as scum, would suggest my buddy for the next day lynch and then not follow through? I'm not a moron. That's how people get caught. I don't change my mind mid bus, unless I'm "convinced" by a townie I'm wrong. I don't suggest my partner for a lynching and then publicly not do it. That's how people get caught. I might suck as scum, but these are the little things I don't slip up on.
Half troll/Half wall.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 1966, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1963, Titan wrote:you don't recognize that I was on my way to moving my vote to TUA and going for their lynch but was also trying to work out my read on you when you went into let's badger titan over the most ridiculous thing ever.
Awww. Not that I enjoy beating dead horses, but objectively, that does sound like frustrated scum to me.
Then lynch me, please. I am not going to spend days and days defending myself just to get lynched. Just do it and get it over with. I'd rather not be a distraction if all you're going to do is call me scum after every single post I make. Then maybe just maybe someone around here will get to looking for the real scum instead of badgering me.
Half troll/Half wall.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:56 pm

In post 1968, Titan wrote:I am not going to spend days and days defending myself just to get lynched.
Incredibly, this sad sad scenario happened to me once.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:59 pm

In post 1968, Titan wrote:looking for the real scum instead of badgering me.
I really don't get this.

I'm purdy sho I'm lookin' fo scum.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Post by Titan »

Then lynch me so you can start looking for scum.

It's really easy. You start by putting up a bracket with the word vote in it. Then you type Titan. Then you put a bracket with / vote.

Voila!

Then you can go start badgering some other townie.
Half troll/Half wall.

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Vote HD

@MO - Im actually really interested in seeing why you are willing to call him town off meta here. Ive played with him three times (twice as scum one as town), as town he replaced into a slot I read as scum and turned that one around fairly fast. One as scum he came off as obv-town, the other one I was able to get him lynched (although I was kinda surprised at being able to).

This one he is NOT reading town, and he is commiting a bunch of me-like scumtells which just paranoias me up a whole lot. There are some players you lynch when you read as scum, there are some players you lynch when you cant read them as town. HD may trend to the second group, I have close to zero town read there (for the first time with him ever) and somewhat of a scumread.

@HD - Do you see meta by difference as a valid way to use it? For example "Player X was scum in this past game, they arent reading the same here so player X is town"?

Im not quite on the same page as Titan, but I would lynch DGB in F3 over a few others as it stands. Again scum would be foalish not to bus in this type of situation, especially with lynchbait-VI KBW and hydra thats half lynchbait (NC).
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 1972, Rainbowdash wrote:@HD - Do you see meta by difference as a valid way to use it? For example "Player X was scum in this past game, they arent reading the same here so player X is town"?
I don't think what you're describing is a meta read.
People change playstyles too (I try to but I sorta go back to my old playstyle unconsciously anyway) so I mean if it's something like "Oh he played this way as scum last game but he's playing differently this game so TOWN!" or vice versa, I'd say that's not valid.
Are you ready for this?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Syryana, what are the scum-tells that DGB has littered the thread with?

Also, for anyone, where do you get the idea that scum do not have day-talk?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”