Micro 170 - Empking Mafia

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 9:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 49, ArcAngel9 wrote:^ how do we don't know that you're scum and want to look like that you're trying to organize it?
doing soemthing is okay but overdoing is scummy...
By that logic, I've been scum in a lot of games.

I'd rather over do something than do nothing at all.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 9:55 am

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 3

Hiraki (2) - JacobSavage, Nero Cain
Varsoon (2) - The Acting Method, Hiraki
Nero Cain (1) - ArcAngel9

Not Voting: Varsoon, orozorro

(expired on 2013-05-07 03:28:24)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 48, Varsoon wrote:Lemme know what you'd like to know.
I know it seems a bit hypocritical to say that RVS is a lot of speculation and reaction mining while I was doing just that, but, honestly, I'm trying my best to get some worthwhile discussion started.
Except that's not the vibe I got from your post at all. Someone has to start suspecting someone. You seemed to be complaining about my speculation.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 10:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

unvote
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 10:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 52, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 48, Varsoon wrote:Lemme know what you'd like to know.
I know it seems a bit hypocritical to say that RVS is a lot of speculation and reaction mining while I was doing just that, but, honestly, I'm trying my best to get some worthwhile discussion started.
Except that's not the vibe I got from your post at all. Someone has to start suspecting someone. You seemed to be complaining about my speculation.
Ah, sorry if that came across weird.

What do you think about the other players?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 11:32 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 50, Varsoon wrote:
In post 49, ArcAngel9 wrote:^ how do we don't know that you're scum and want to look like that you're trying to organize it?
doing soemthing is okay but overdoing is scummy...
By that logic, I've been scum in a lot of games.

I'd rather over do something than do nothing at all.
then you should start balancing it out.. becuz both are danger and can be misused by scum.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
orozorro
orozorro
Goon
orozorro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Post by orozorro »

Varsoon, in post 9 you say you "don't usually do RVS but this is a 7-day game." Can you explain what you mean by that?

Nero, in 37 you suggest a varsoon/TAM scumteam, what suggests TAM's scumminess to you? By the way, I'm not an alt, why did you assume that I was?

Arcangel, in 55 you said Varsoon 'should start balancing it out'. Can you explain what you mean by this and how it would be better for the town?

I think Nero's 26 highlighting Var as complaining about inactivity but not trying to create further discussion is a good point against Var - it does look a little hypocritical to make a statement like that and not at least ask a simple question which might get discussion going. Var's response to being put on the spot was pretty weak but I don't think that in itself is a scumtell. One thing I'd like to ask everybody about is the final two sentences of post 27 by Var:

"Scum would prefer for town to do nothing for the next six days and make a lynch based on very little information. I'd rather give them that pleasure."

In my previous game, Hiraki pointed out what he called a Freudian slip tell, suggesting that a slip such as this might be indicative of scumminess. Unfortunately he was scum so I have no idea if there is any merit to this sort of tell, what do you guys think?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 2:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Orozorro: I don't like participating in RVS. I'd rather do something to get players engaged and out of random voting and flinging baseless accusations until something sticks.

Yeah, that should definitely read "I'd rather not give them that pleasure."

I'm kinda curious as to what AA means about balancing it out, myself.

Orozorro, what do you think of the other players?
orozorro
orozorro
Goon
orozorro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 4:35 am

Post by orozorro »

In post 57, Varsoon wrote:@Orozorro: I don't like participating in RVS. I'd rather do something to get players engaged and out of random voting and flinging baseless accusations until something sticks.
That's not what I mean. You said "but this is a 7-day game" as if that was a reason for you to go against your usual play style and get involved with RVS. Can you please clarify what you meant by that?
Yeah, that should definitely read "I'd rather not give them that pleasure."
Of course it
should
read that way, I'm asking the others if they attribute any meaning to you mistyping it.
Orozorro, what do you think of the other players?
There's not really much to comment on so far. I think Hiraki's reason for voting you was a bit weak so I'll be interested in hearing his reasons if he doesn't shift it later. I also didn't like the way he ignored your question in 30, I don't know if he usually does that as town but when I was in a game with him where he was scum he often ignored questions posed to him.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 56, orozorro wrote:Nero, in 37 you suggest a varsoon/TAM scumteam, what suggests TAM's scumminess to you?
TAM lurks as scum + post 13 is terrible.

I don't think I have enough information to go one but TAM and Varsoon are deff at the top of my list. I'm not sure if Varsoon finding TAM suspicious makes me feel better or worse about his slot. 27 from Varsoon still gives me no warm fuzzies, sure, all I had done at that point is accuse players but that still gets people talking. Varsoon saying "Regardless, coming up with a hard case on someone with so little content is laughable, and will lead to mislynches. If town's going to win this, then town needs to be active." which I still find slightly hypocritical 'cause there's no way to get scumhunting/activity with these "weak accusations". So I don't get what he wants, does he want us all to sit around the fire and sing Kumbayha? That's activity but not scumhunting. I don't know how we'd start hunting without these weak lil' accusations.

Since Varsoon like to ask his opinions of others: how do you feel about the other players?

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 6:01 am

Post by Hiraki »

It should probably make you feel better about his slot. However, I've never heard that TAM lurks as scum just moreso from experience I know TAM lurks overall and posts when he needs to say something decent.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I *want* to pl both of TAM and Savage for exactly those reasons but in a micro I don't think it would help.

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 9:48 am

Post by Hiraki »

Savage would help.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 10:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

probally

ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 10:50 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 56, orozorro wrote:Arcangel, in 55 you said Varsoon 'should start balancing it out'. Can you explain what you mean by this and how it would be better for the town?
the thing with Varsoon, I have seen getting lynched early on day 1's mostly becuz how he draws an uncessary attention to him (which he calls scum hunting), this part mafia is cashing and pushing for his mislynch... the point is that if Varsoon is town and continue to play in similar way, town might end up lynching him by not knowing his alignment. My advice to him was to balance his play, and not be a wild card so that mafia can use him whenever they can.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 11:00 am

Post by The Acting Method »

Nero, can you give me evidence of a scum game you were in where I lurked? Because I don't recall doing so ever in a game with you...

I could be wrong of course :P

However, I tend to be of two minds regardless of alignment. Right now not feeling the need to move my vote.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

I lurk all day and party all night...

Also I can think of nothing to say right now.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@orozo: I usually don't jump into games until a few days into the first day, but this game has really short day cycles, so I feel like I need to be way more active.

@AA: Makes sense to me now. Yeah, I have been playing really dangerously as of late, hoping to get scum to slip up, but it usually backfires.

@Nero: I like Hiraki's punctuality and I'm willing to work with people who have responded to me so far. Currently feels like people are getting more active, so more to come about people so far. I'm more suspicious of lurkers by nature, but I feel like someone in the more active group could also be scum.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Unvote, Vote: JacobSavage

No thanks.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

God Damnit, can we make AA9 the accepted short form of ArcAngel9 please?

I keep asking myself why is Varsoon/(whoever else does it that way) talking about my hydra when it's not even in this game...

Then I remember that they mean ArcAngel9 :P

I'll probably do a reread soon though. To get my mind straight.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2013 11:32 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

I prefere Arcy Arc Arc personaly.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2013 5:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

yea...those fluff posts from Jacob are painful.

TAM, what do you think of me and Varsoon suspecting you for post 13?

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2013 5:54 am

Post by Hiraki »

Varsoon/Jacob. Let's wrap this up fellas.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2013 6:15 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'll stick with AA9, then.

@Hiraki: Harsh.
Hiraki
Hiraki