Micro 170 - Empking Mafia

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why is your vote still on me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why is your vote still on me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:51 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 125, Nero Cain wrote:Why is your vote still on me?
i am liking it there for now...
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Oh so 'cause I speculated that you could be scum and I'm scum for this. Ok yeah, Angel is scum.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Oh so 'cause I speculated that you could be scum and I'm scum for this. Ok yeah, Angel is scum.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 44, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 30, Varsoon wrote:
In post 29, Hiraki wrote:
In post 27, Varsoon wrote:It's more along the lines of the idea that there's just seven players and they're not incredibly active so far. I'm just as guilty of this as you guys are. Yeah, it's RVS, but things can be said.
I'm super glad you checked that everyone else posted frequently yesterday.

Unvote, Vote: Varsoon

This is scum trying to act helpful.
Six players posted out of seven, and most of the posts were RVS vote parking and speculation.

Just trying to take the game into a direction, although I don't like how fast my wagon is building. Hiraki, do you feel pressure to start a new wagon up since yours is at 2 votes coming out of RVS?
Why do you think it is necessary to move out from RVS on page 2 itself, like you said not all the players aren't here yet.. What's the hurry...
I understand your disappointment about your early wagon but if you realize that it is you who pushed for it..
This also blows. Varsoon is right (though he went about it in the wrong way) that we should get out of RVS ASAP 'cause short deadline + lurky playerlist. This makes is look like Angel wants to stay in RVS wich benefits scum a heckava lot more than town.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:58 am

Post by Varsoon »

Nero, could you articulate why you think AA9 is scum?
To be honest, I always have trouble reading AA9, but I've gotten better with that over time.
I'd just like you to lay out more of a case than the seeming-OMGUS that is 128.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

If anyone OMGUSed its Angel.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but Oro should prob be the lynch today. Dude lurked like 4 days and then swoops in and echo's Varsoon + and puts me ay l-1.

vote:Oro

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but Oro should prob be the lynch today. Dude lurked like 4 days and then swoops in and echo's Varsoon + and puts me ay l-1.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 133, Nero Cain wrote:but Oro should prob be the lynch today. Dude lurked like 4 days and then swoops in and echo's Varsoon + and puts me ay l-1.

Nero, remember what I said about throwing everything at a wall to see what sticks?

Which is it, AA9 or Oro?

I understand using your vote as pressure, but right now it's reading a lot more like you shooting for whatever wagon has wheels.
I get that AA9's accusations of you seem like an OMGUS, but voting her back seems even more OMGUS.

As far as lurking goes, there's plenty of people who have been absent for at least four days now.
The echo and putting you at L-1 does seem pretty bad though, but, honestly, I built a solid case on you and I'd be surprised if no one else jumped on that wagon. Oro also articulated his vote, and so I wasn't so suspicious of echoing.

Honestly, it feels like Hiraki, AA9, Nero, and I are the only active players. I'd like to hear more from the other half of the game.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:15 am

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 6

Nero Cain (3) - ArcAngel9, Varsoon, orozorro,
Varsoon (2) - The Acting Method, JacobSavage
JacobSavage (1) - Hiraki
orozorro (1) - Nero Cain
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Hence why scum echo since you'll be less likely to suspect Oro.

Given there are 2 scum in this game, I don't see why its bad that I'm speculating a Oro/AA team.

AA seems to have a high fluff count and is being glib and OMGUSy. Its not good town play, imo. Could she be town? Maybe. Its not like everyone with bad town play flips scum that's why I'm thinkin' we lynch oro. Also note the contradictions in his post.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 136, Empking wrote:
Vote Count 6

JacobSavage (1) - Hiraki
orozorro (1) - Nero Cain

Can you include how many votes it takes to lynch?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:21 am

Post by Empking »

In post 138, Varsoon wrote:
In post 136, Empking wrote:
Vote Count 6

JacobSavage (1) - Hiraki
orozorro (1) - Nero Cain

Can you include how many votes it takes to lynch?
Four today, and I'll include it in future vote counts.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 137, Nero Cain wrote:Hence why scum echo since you'll be less likely to suspect Oro.

Given there are 2 scum in this game, I don't see why its bad that I'm speculating a Oro/AA team.

AA seems to have a high fluff count and is being glib and OMGUSy. Its not good town play, imo. Could she be town? Maybe. Its not like everyone with bad town play flips scum that's why I'm thinkin' we lynch oro. Also note the contradictions in his post.
I'll have to consider that. Honestly, it seems like you're trying to get me off your wagon, but it is a bit suspicious that Oro would make that sort of play after a few days of being absent. What contradictions are you talking about?
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:24 am

Post by The Acting Method »

In post 120, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 115, orozorro wrote:
Nero: his claim against TAM in 59 was pretty baseless and he then refused to back it up when requested.
Its against site rules to discuss ongoing games. He specifically said "Because I don't recall doing so ever in a game with you".
You could have always said, "You haven't necessarily done it with me, but in X game you did."

There was no need to completely ignore the question to make me draw more attention to it.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

TAM, I see you down there.
What do you think about Nero's play?
Also, how do you feel about the game right now, so far?

P-EDIT: Can you speak towards what is currently happening?
I feel like Nero's way of handling that question was weird, but there's more going on now.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:28 am

Post by The Acting Method »

EBWODP:

Also UNVOTE:

I was doing a reread up when that statement of his caught my eye.

I feel that Nero is being scummy and there are many problems with his claims that I dislike. Other than that I'd probably go after one of the inactives.

Nothing else of major I can think of.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TAM, what do you think of Oro?

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:33 am

Post by Varsoon »

I don't agree with going after an inactive solely on the basis that Policy Lynches are bad, but with a good deal of the players in the inactive pile, it's hard to make the call that none are scum.
We've got 9 hours left. I'll try to be online for most of that time. In about 30 minutes, I'll be gone for roughly an hour, but I shall return.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 140, Varsoon wrote:
In post 137, Nero Cain wrote:Hence why scum echo since you'll be less likely to suspect Oro.

I'll have to consider that. Honestly, it seems like you're trying to get me off your wagon, but it is a bit suspicious that Oro would make that sort of play after a few days of being absent. What contradictions are you talking about?
Yes, as town I should be perfectly fine with me mislynch. :facepalm:

In his post he says that I haven't been giving any reasons, wich I have. He even uses MY reasoning for suspecting you and it was obvious why I suspected Jacob as everyone suspects him for the same reason. I also have provided reasoning for everyone at one point or another.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 109, Varsoon wrote: Just seems to be throwing things at the town wall and seeing what sticks. Really scummy method of play.
Every time he writes 'kill', it reads as hard scumbluffing to me. Most town'll say lynch. Could be reaction testing on his part, though.
Lots of posts put accusations but no pressure, like he's waiting for others to start up a wagon based on what he's said. Here's some examples of suspicion put down without a vote: 22, 23, 26, 32, 34, 37, 59, 71, 84, 88, 97...

I don't like his rationale behind his vote on TAM and I don't like the baiting he's been doing. Furthermore, the quick swap to AA9 when the TAM wagon didn't pick up speed reads as really scummy to me.

@Jacob: I'd like to know why you plant a vote rather than "X is scum".
Just planting votes does nothing for town.
All I can really say is no.

In one of your early posts you were telling people to get active but we can't do that unless we speculate. I like to think outload *shrugz* maybe its not the best thing to do but meh. Part of it is reaction, part of it is for discussion. I use kill and lynch interchangeably.

ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:55 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 128, Nero Cain wrote:Oh so 'cause I speculated that you could be scum and I'm scum for this. Ok yeah, Angel is scum.
Cmon Nero, You still haven't given real reasons for voting me. You seriously expect me to see you as town?
In post 132, Nero Cain wrote:If anyone OMGUSed its Angel.
last time i check, my vote was on you befor you voted me. :P
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 12:01 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 137, Nero Cain wrote:AA seems to have a high fluff count and is being glib and OMGUSy. Its not good town play, imo. Could she be town? Maybe. Its not like everyone with bad town play flips scum that's why I'm thinkin' we lynch oro. Also note the contradictions in his post.
How does lynching a bad town player helps you win the game? you're contradicting to the win condition Nero.
And I am yet to see your definition of town play.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c