[Mini 1447] Misaligned Malignant Multi-verse Mafia (abandon)

PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 9:28 am

Post by PimHel »

Votecount 1.7

FuDuzn (3) - FourTrouble, Empking, Zdenek
Zdenek (2) - Whiskers, Serrapaladin
FourTrouble (1) - The Central Scrutinizer
Arc (1) - FuDuzn
Nachomamma8 (1) - Tammy
Empking (1) - Arc
GuyInFreezer (1) - The Avering
The Central Scrutinizer (1) - Nachomamma8
Whiskers (1) - PimHel

Not Voting (0)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

GuyInFreezer has been replaced by Tammy as of post 167.

TCS wrote:Kind of a weird post restriction, considering that Helen Keller was blind and deaf, not mute. But hey, whatever.
Whiskers wrote:As for my playstyle: it's hard to both have (or fake) an image-only post restriction and take a large part in the day's activities
He could have done so, but these two quotes show good reasons why not.

@Zdenek
Have you checked one of his scumgames?
Last edited by Jebus on Tue May 07, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 9:29 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

2 is a problem is Whiskers is town, not if he's scum. The first TCS clearly isn't willing to pursue, and flavor inconsistencies aren't really a reason to drop a post restriction that is going well otherwise.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 9:32 am

Post by PimHel »

2. is for both cases.
And there were more players having doubts about his post restriction. TCS only said it clearly why it didn't work as Helen Keller. If others who were doubting the Post Restriction already would think that TCS has a point, then Whiskers could have been attacked by it.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 9:34 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 175, PimHel wrote:Have you checked one of his scumgames?
No. He's said that he does it as town or as scum, so presumably there are examples of him doing it as scum, and since there are examples him not doing it as town, there are probably examples of him not doing it as scum too, especially since he suggested that he was scum in the game where I found him not doing it.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 9:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 177, PimHel wrote:2. is for both cases.
It's more helpful as scum to control the town, but if you're making a gambit as scum for the pictures, it's so you're unreadable. The gambit as town is to get reactions; it's not a plan that will be carried very far from the start. So hypothetical Whiskers-scum allowed himself to be unreadable for, what? 9 pages? Doesn't seem like much benefit to me.
In post 177, PimHel wrote:And there were more players having doubts about his post restriction. TCS only said it clearly why it didn't work as Helen Keller. If others who were doubting the Post Restriction already would think that TCS has a point, then Whiskers could have been attacked by it.
So you think he stopped because he was being attacked and he was afraid of being caught?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 9:50 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

In post 176, Nachomamma8 wrote:2 is a problem is Whiskers is town, not if he's scum. The first TCS clearly isn't willing to pursue, and flavor inconsistencies aren't really a reason to drop a post restriction that is going well otherwise.
I would have continued to believe the PR, honestly; I get the feeling flavor inconsistencies may be a theme of this game.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:24 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 179, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 177, PimHel wrote:And there were more players having doubts about his post restriction. TCS only said it clearly why it didn't work as Helen Keller. If others who were doubting the Post Restriction already would think that TCS has a point, then Whiskers could have been attacked by it.
So you think he stopped because he was being attacked and he was afraid of being caught?
^Pretty much this: if I were worried that I were being persecuted for having a post-restriction, I'd have redoubled my efforts to make the restriction seem actual, not have completely revealed it as fake.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Jebus »

Flavor inconsistencies are a theme of this game, hence the Misaligned. This is also used to play off mod-error as intentional. Or is it? Carry on.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:10 am

Post by Empking »

I thought misaligned refered to alignments changing?

This is also true.
Last edited by Jebus on Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 1:08 pm

In post 183, Empking wrote:I thought misaligned refered to alignments changing?
So your alignment changes when I die?
possibly
comment."
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 184, The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
In post 183, Empking wrote:I thought misaligned refered to alignments changing?
So your alignment changes when I die?
No. I want you to live. To live! And I've no reason to think
my
alignment will change, but in the sign up thread he says how some alignments will change.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

^He did mention that, so it's not necessarily a reflection on Emp's role.

I don't think Whiskers would have scum motivation for temporarily faking a posting restriction.

For the number of posts dedicated to him, Avering's reasoning on Arc has been fairly nonexistent. Avering: why did you suspect Arc to begin with, and what specifically made you change your mind (more than "based on his play", please)?
Wandering but not lost
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Post by Tammy »

Buh. This game needs an adrenaline injection or something. It's kinda hard to get any reads I feel great about when most everyone is standing around the water cooler filing their nails.

The empking/TCS thing is twitch inducing though I *feel* like empking might be town. Maybe it's the conviction that he's obvtown because he was invested early on. I don't agree with that, but meh whatever.

@ TCS
Why did you out that you were grills immediately? You know you're playing in a possibly bastard game, one that has personal win conditions in addition to the standard win condition, and the first mention of your role name causes you to out that it's you?

Also, were you seriously satisfied with empking's answer that he wasn't a lyncher? Do you typically just believe whatever you're told in mafia? No doubts whatsoever?
In post 77, The Central Scrutinizer wrote: Nah, I'll stick with the dude who voted third and then hard defended a new player.
You're referring to four trouble right? He was actually the fourth vote on nacho, but whatever. How is voting for the first rvs wagon a scum tell? Also, is this really what you're calling "hard defending"? Because this is the only instance of four trouble talking about arc:
In post 65, FourTrouble wrote:Arc obviously has different way of playing but he's trying to figure things out, seems like town.
He also called empking definitely town, who incidentally was the third vote on nacho, is he hard defending him too?

------------------

@ arc
what did you mean by this?
arc wrote: PimHel kinda came off as a bit scummy for trying to read into this really quicky, its pretty standard RVS. Though trying to kill RVS with fire seems Pro Town. Eh, nothing yet.
Are you simultaneously calling pimhel scummy and protown for trying to get early reads?

I'm not really sure what to make of arc. There's a bit of over explaining in a weird way that comes across as overly self conscious, which I normally associate with scum, but he's new so that can explain it. Also, I liked him explaining about The possible flavor justification of the post restriction in . I think that's more likely to come from town as he could have easily expressed doubt and thrown some easy suspicion on whiskers but didn't even as he wasn't sure if he believed it was a post restriction. And his attempt to figure out empking reads townish.

------------------

I have working leaning town reads on whiskers, four trouble, and nacho. I found the posting in pictures thing amusing. No it doesn't make him town, but he feels somewhat town. Four trouble reads somewhat town due to a lack of orchestration in his posts. His going after whiskers for being passive and feeling off and trying to make things fit read townish. I think I'll be able to read nacho better with time, but nothin feels off right now.

Although
nacho and fourtrouble
what are your reads on each other right now?

empking
why did you want nachos opinion on whether or not you were being defensive in ?

I'm interested in seeing where this zdenek/fuduzn thing is going and think I'll be able to get a better read on zdenek from it, but I'm not liking fuduzn much.

VOTE: the central scrutinzer

I'd also happily vote avering, And possibly fuduzn

Strongest town read is pimhel.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 162, FuDuzn wrote:See in Post 73 that you quoted, I wasn't trying to defend myself or use self meta. People were asking why I wasn't answering Arc's questioning(what I did, and still, think was deflection), so I was explaining why.

If anything, it helps to explain my thought process into why I do think Arc is scum and why I continue to be on him.

This is weak and pretty lame. Arc asked you some pretty standard questions. Why did you vote TCS in the first place? Arc is right, you didn't comment on it. What are your actual reads?

Going oh see I just pick a scum read and stick with that and don't really bother with looking for other scum until one is caught is wtf? You can't be serious about that. I don't remember you being so one note in leprechaun mafia.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 187, Tammy wrote:Buh. This game needs an adrenaline injection or something. It's kinda hard to get any reads I feel great about when most everyone is standing around the water cooler filing their nails.
I think that everyone will be a little passive until we understand what the fuck is up with alignment-changing.
In post 187, Tammy wrote:Although nacho and fourtrouble what are your reads on each other right now?
I'm reading FT as town for the same reasons as you do. I'm going to be a little patient on that because he usually towns harder than he has now, but I don't think he's been scummy at all.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon May 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Post by Empking »

Tummy: I can't see how they were saying what they were saying. I trusted Nachos opinion so I wanted to see if the problem was in me.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 3:03 am

In post 187, Tammy wrote:Buh. This game needs an adrenaline injection or something. It's kinda hard to get any reads I feel great about when most everyone is standing around the water cooler filing their nails.

The empking/TCS thing is twitch inducing though I *feel* like empking might be town. Maybe it's the conviction that he's obvtown because he was invested early on. I don't agree with that, but meh whatever.

@ TCS
Why did you out that you were grills immediately? You know you're playing in a possibly bastard game, one that has personal win conditions in addition to the standard win condition, and the first mention of your role name causes you to out that it's you?
Honestly, because the nature of my role makes me not really care TOO too much about my flavor being outed, and second, because I thought it was odd that EmpKing would misspell the name Bear Grylls just like my Role PM did. I gained at least some information by responding to this.
Also, were you seriously satisfied with empking's answer that he wasn't a lyncher? Do you typically just believe whatever you're told in mafia? No doubts whatsoever?
Well, no, obviously not.
In post 77, The Central Scrutinizer wrote: Nah, I'll stick with the dude who voted third and then hard defended a new player.
You're referring to four trouble right? He was actually the fourth vote on nacho, but whatever. How is voting for the first rvs wagon a scum tell? Also, is this really what you're calling "hard defending"? Because this is the only instance of four trouble talking about arc:
In post 65, FourTrouble wrote:Arc obviously has different way of playing but he's trying to figure things out, seems like town.
He also called empking definitely town, who incidentally was the third vote on nacho, is he hard defending him too?
Well, calling lots of players "definitely town" is often a red flag, so it does reinforce my argument that FourTrouble is scum.

I think early mid-wagon votes are often good places for scum; and I think scum buddying new players is a good thing for scum to do.

Are these new concepts?
possibly
comment."
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 5:53 am

Post by PimHel »

In post 179, Nachomamma8 wrote:
It's more helpful as scum to control the town, but if you're making a gambit as scum for the pictures, it's so you're unreadable. The gambit as town is to get reactions; it's not a plan that will be carried very far from the start. So hypothetical Whiskers-scum allowed himself to be unreadable for, what? 9 pages? Doesn't seem like much benefit to me.
I've seen a lot of things which players wouldn't think scum would do. And yet, they did.
However, I'm not attacking Whiskers for the fake post-restriction. I'm giving you my reasons why I think he doesn't deserve town-points from it. With that said, I don't know, I don't care to your last question.
Whiskers is scummy for his passiveness.

Meh, TCS is neutral. Unlikely I will vote him. And though many reads of ours disagree, I like the post (tammy)
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:23 am

Post by Whiskers »

That's ok, I'm not actually town.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:27 am

Post by serrapaladin »

^lol wut?

I'm unsure about Whisker's alignment. Pim does have a point about his passiveness following the post restriction reveal. Regardless, FT's vote was bad, so I have no idea why Tammy and Nacho read him town.
Wandering but not lost
Arc
Arc
Townie
Arc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 9:16 am

Post by Arc »

And there were more players having doubts about his post restriction. TCS only said it clearly why it didn't work as Helen Keller. If others who were doubting the Post Restriction already would think that TCS has a point, then Whiskers could have been attacked by it.
Actually, flavor wise, it could STILL make sense that Whiskers had a post restriction, and is lying about lying. Hellen Keller had no way to learn language until she was taught it through sign language. Whiskers could have easily had a post restriction where he could only post images until someone named hellen keller. Though, I kinda doubt that at this point. Whiskers, do you claim hellen keller, or was that just a troll claim? Not that it matters since you denied the posting restriction, but w/e.
I know the feeling, but I'm partly to blame for being away all weekend.

Towards your question directed at me, my early attempted read at PimHel ended up being nothing but a mixed read, I was just trying to get some serious discussion going at the beginning of the game while failing horribly at it, also he feels definately town at this point.

At this point, I'm feeling at least one of TCS/Empking as scum, Leaning towards Empking at the moment, but it is rather close. I also don't like the way Fud is defending himself against Zdenek, but I'm not sure whether to take it as scummy, so I'm gonna leave it alone at the moment.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 195, Arc wrote:
Actually, flavor wise, it could STILL make sense that Whiskers had a post restriction, and is lying about lying. Hellen Keller had no way to learn language until she was taught it through sign language. Whiskers could have easily had a post restriction where he could only post images until someone named hellen keller. Though, I kinda doubt that at this point. Whiskers, do you claim hellen keller, or was that just a troll claim? Not that it matters since you denied the posting restriction, but w/e.
No, I'm not hellen keller, nor do I have a posting restriction. But that's kind of what I was going for after the third post or so, a post restriction that lifted when [x].

I want desperately to claim, but I'm not sure how useful it will be to me or you.
Arc
Arc
Townie
Arc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 9:59 am

Post by Arc »

In post 196, Whiskers wrote:
In post 195, Arc wrote:
No, I'm not hellen keller, nor do I have a posting restriction. But that's kind of what I was going for after the third post or so, a post restriction that lifted when [x].

I want desperately to claim, but I'm not sure how useful it will be to me or you.
Thats what I thought, but I wanted to see what you said about it before debate got any further on the issue.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 193, Whiskers wrote:That's ok, I'm not actually town.
What are you?
In post 195, Arc wrote:Leaning towards Empking at the moment, but it is rather close.
Why on earth is that?

Arc
Arc
Townie
Arc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 11:33 am

Post by Arc »

Gut mostly. TCS looks more like scum of the pair, but Empking feels more like scum. Honestly I could vote either way at the moment.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”