Mini 1452 - Inevitable Mafia (Game Over)

DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

@Rob, do you find TMT scummy?

----

Votecount #2:
Broseidon - RadiantCowbells, jmo16mla
TMTOLBTWNTOF - BROseidon, Does Bo Know
CooLDoG - gorckat
DLCXVI - TMTOLBTWNTOF, DCLXVI
jmo16mla - Rob13

Not voting - ThAdmiral, CooLDoG, guru guru, nhammen, Yates

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to kick them upstairs!

Deadline is May 29th.
Last edited by Kitoari on Thu May 16, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by BROseidon »

@Rob Interesting point. How does JMO ignoring DBK's post 23 affect your read?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 50, DCLXVI wrote:@Rob, do you find TMT scummy?
Yes, I do, but I find JMO ignoring him being scummy even worse, when he's previously stated that EXACTLY what TMT did was scummy, basically.

The other post directed at me has to wait until later - I'm trying to get a Minecraft events server up and running.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

So then this is how it would have played out.

TMT did something you think is scummy.
JMO ignored him and therefor is scummier?

I didn't say anything about TMT, does that mean I'm scum as well?

If JMO's scuminess is determined by TMT being scum (after all if TMT isn't scum, then ignoring him doesn't look nearly as bad) then shouldn't your vote by on TMT?
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

vote:TMT

I think Rob's point about him is accurate.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

If Letters flips scum Rob could be a partner.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
TMTOLBTWNTOF
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by TMTOLBTWNTOF »

Does Bo Know wrote:It's because Letters is scum. Duh.
Rob13 wrote:Yes, I do.
Someone, please let me know what I did. I feel like it's one of those situations where people are talking behind your back, but in a way so that you can hear snatches of the conversation.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Maybe tomorrow.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by Rob14 »

TMT - read my posts. It's already been explained. You ignored all serious discussion in favor of staying in RVS. It didn't seem like scum-hunting.

DCL - you're strawmanning me, whether intentional or unintentional. I'm not voting JMO because TMT was scummy and JMO ignored it. I'm voting JMO because by JMO's own stated standards this game (which has been, so far, that joking around at this stage in the game is scummy), TMT is scummy. If there is such a thing as a single universal scum-tell (and I'm not sure I even think there is, to be honest), then inconsistency is it. JMO has been inconsistent in how he's pressured players thus far in this game. That's much worse than TMT's actions, which are definitely anti-town (and would be something I'd pursue more heavily if JMO didn't pop out at me as scummy), but anti-town does not necessarily mean scum, whereas inconsistency does, in my book.

BRO - I fail to see the relevance of DBK's #23, if there is one. DBK's #23 was basically "No, you have to explain your read." JMO not reacting to that is not at odds with anything he's done this game.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

I literally spent 5 minutes re-reading the game several times, I'm not seeing what you are seeing in regards to JMO, maybe you could try explaining it in a way that isn't a massive glob of text.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

Lol at rob. Dude, you were on me last normal. I was town. Change your ways cuz. Or, il post tomorrow when I'm sober. That woul probably help.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 30, jmo16mla wrote:why are we voting him? BRO's post was completely useless and was a joke reply to what was a serious statement.
This is JMO calling someone scummy for joking around when SUPER SERIOUS STUFF was going down.
In post 37, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:VOTE: DCLXVI

All caps username competitor

Also roman numerals are dead get over it

Except for Super Bowl

[quote='Does Bo Know"]The only players I know in this game are Jmo and TMT.
Way to throw a pal under the bus then, bro[/quote]

This is TMT later joking around when the same SUPER SERIOUS STUFF is still going on, offering no serious commentary on the SUPER SERIOUS STUFF.
In all of his posts, jmo16mla wrote:...
That's JMO not saying anything with regard to TMT's lack of seriousness that was extremely overt.

So you have JMO applying something as a scum-tell to one player but not another. Lack of consistency. Scummy.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

First content post. By the way, if there really are masons, there is no reason for them to out their partners first day.

@Gorckat Further elaboration on that first post of yours is definitely warranted.
@jmo16mla His point regarding your differing responses to the same actions is correct. Elaborate, please.
@Rob13 Your case piques my interest and leads me to consider you town, but I do not entirely support it.
And what would that be? Unless they are masons together I can't see how gorkcat would know radiant is town.
I find it interesting that the first thing that comes to mind here for you is that Gorkcat could be mason and not that he could be scum; almost as if you already know he's not scum?
Correct, I am totes fine with your statement, even though I don't see any way for you to know radiant was town.
You shouldn't be fine with someone making a statement like that without any elaboration.
I think Rob's point about him is accurate.
Baah.

VOTE: DCLXVI
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 12:18 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 40, DCLXVI wrote:
In post 35, jmo16mla wrote:Maybe they had something to go on?
And what would that be? Unless they are masons together I can't see how gorkcat would know radiant is town.
What if he is scum? This option would be obvious to anyone who isn't scum.

vote: dcl

Apart from the above I don't like the way you are trying to manipulate rob in to voting for tmt.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 12:19 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 62, RadiantCowbells wrote:
I find it interesting that the first thing that comes to mind here for you is that Gorkcat could be mason and not that he could be scum; almost as if you already know he's not scum?
Ohai. we think alike. Lets be town together.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 2:33 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 63, ThAdmiral wrote:Apart from the above I don't like the way you are trying to manipulate rob in to voting for tmt.
This kind of voices the reason behind the vague unease I've had over DCL's posts that I couldn't put my finger on. Do you think this is scummy, ThAd, or just someone arguing their viewpoint? I'm not entirely convinced on the answer to that question yet, so I still prefer my JMO vote.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 5:59 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 58, Rob14 wrote:BRO - I fail to see the relevance of DBK's #23, if there is one. DBK's #23 was basically "No, you have to explain your read." JMO not reacting to that is not at odds with anything he's done this game.
It's similarly a joking response to the fact that gorckat calling RC town had no grounding at that point. Do you see any substantial difference in how DBK responded and how I responded that would potentially justify JMO for jumping on me but not him?
In post 58, Rob14 wrote:That's much worse than TMT's actions, which are definitely anti-town
Is this referring to his post 37, or all of his posts?
In post 63, ThAdmiral wrote:Apart from the above I don't like the way you are trying to manipulate rob in to voting for tmt.
What makes you think this is manipulation and not just not properly comprehending Rob's argument?

DCLXVI improperly representing Rob's argument and sheeping onto letters as a result seems too reckless to make me think that it's scum motivated. Don't like JMO's shitty meta argument and AtE, though. Very defensive.

VOTE: JMO
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 6:20 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Ive been pushing for votes on you.

What is this "shitty meta argument and ATE"?

the first mini i played in, rob was convinced as fuck i was scum. i was VT. he was nearly the only one pushing for my lynch.

Obviously he cant read me well. That's not a shitty meta argument, that's a fact if he has misread me in every game we have played.

Is an argument like mine = scum?

Telling him he has shit reads on me is an AtE? oh. again, why is it scummy if its the truth?

Who's next?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 6:27 am

Post by Rob14 »

Jmo. "Every game we have played" has a sample size of one. That's what constitutes a shitty meta defense. It doesn't make you scum, but it also doesn't do anything to help you look town - it's a non-argument.

BRO - I don't read that post by Bo as being joking. I thought it was legitimately asking for an explanation of the original read.

Any TMT was anti-town in his opening, in that he attempted to keep us in RVS rather than bring us out of it. I'm becoming increasingly convinced as I gain experience that that's not a scum-tell, though, especially in newer players. They often feel obligated to RVS because they've read about it being the first step to the game. In thinking over it further, I don't necessarily think it's scummy. BUT, by JMO's stated standards, it is, so he should have called TMT out on it. I just don't agree with his tell in the first place.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Rob14 »

Also, Avatar: The Last Airbender was a great show. This has nothing to do with the game. I felt it worth saying based on JMO's avatar, though. Rob out.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 6:35 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 67, jmo16mla wrote:Telling him he has shit reads on me is an AtE?
No, this is AtE:
In post 60, jmo16mla wrote:Or, il post tomorrow when I'm sober. That woul probably help.
@Rob: What about his post seemed serious, though? I read it as a joke, which is why I'm confused as to why you interpreted it as serious (and why you assign this reading of his response to JMO in your points against him).
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 6:39 am

Post by jmo16mla »

me saying that i should stop posting when drunk is AtE?

But rob, i had already called BRO out on being useful about a post. What do you want me to do? change my vote to TMT?

I felt bro was scum based on that his post. why are people even bringing up TMT?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 7:05 am

Post by Rob14 »

What BRO? Either you're misunderstanding me or I'm misunderstanding you. I think Bo's post on page 1 was serious because it is a perfectly normal serious response to respond to someone making an outlandish claim by telling them to explain it. I did NOT use that in my case against JMO. You brought that post up, not me. I think it has nothing to do with my case against JMO.

I don't want you to do anything JMO. I'm voting where I think the scum is. The reason I brought up TMT is that you called Bro out on a "tell", but then didn't call TMT out on essentially the same thing. You've inconsistently applied your tell that joking around when there's serious business afoot in the early game is scummy.

And BRO, I honestly don't see how saying you're drunk and will reply more when you're sober is an ATE. Like...at all.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 7:19 am

Post by jmo16mla »

It was more of the fact that BRO directly quoted the statement, and replied with nothing useful. Possibly discusing such said statement could have been useful to town, as it would move us from RVS and create more discussion to catching scum.

TMT didn't acknowledge the statement like BRO did.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu May 16, 2013 7:22 am

Post by BROseidon »

What I'm saying is that I don't understand why you think that "no u" is a serious response. Seems like just as much of a joke as my "absolutely maybe," in that both are joking ways of saying "What you are saying does not appear to be grounded in any sort of reality." That's why I'm confused as to why you are NOT using it in your case against JMO.

And the reason I called JMO saying that he was drunk an AtE is that drunkeness is a commonly used excuse to absolve one's self of blame for one's actions. "Oh, I said something offensive/did something bad? I didn't mean it b/c I was drunk."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”