[Mini 1447] Misaligned Malignant Multi-verse Mafia (abandon)

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 6:29 am

Post by Whiskers »

Votecount 1.28

Not Voting (12) - Serrapaladin, FuDuzn, Arc, The Avering, The Central Scrutinizer, Whiskers, PimHel, Empking, Riningear, Tammy, Nachomamma8, FourTrouble

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

In post 698, The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Here is why we have to lynch FT today. If he's lying, then he's scum. If he's telling the truth, he could still be scum. And if he's telling the truth and he is scum, that highly calls in to question Arc's claim in my mind, as well as Nacho's clear.

So we have a lot to be gained by this I think, in addition to whatever other information we get from night actions.
Should read: "if he ISNT scum, that highly calls into question arc's claim"[/quote]
What? It made sense the other way: it would call Arc's claim into question if he
is
scum.

Why would it call Arc's claim into question if he ISN'T scum?

@serrapaladin: Self-preservation is hardly a scumtell.
@riningear: But
do you have a given name?
like, a person's name, like "John Smith," or is it something like "Cool Philosopher"? That's what I want to know.
Last edited by Jebus on Sat May 25, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
riningear
riningear
Goon
riningear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 8:06 am

Post by riningear »

In post 700, Whiskers wrote: @riningear: But
do you have a given name?
like, a person's name, like "John Smith," or is it something like "Cool Philosopher"? That's what I want to know.
I do have a name. You know, proper pronoun capitalized format and all.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 8:07 am

Post by FourTrouble »

You guys are such a disappointment. I'm trying to communicate information without getting killed. I said a God is town because there are implications that follow from that statement that can help you guys figure out some of my information.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 8:16 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 696, serrapaladin wrote:Are you allowed to answer yes/no questions? Is there a specific named God in this game who's name you cannot write? If yes, can we guess?
I'm not sure about answering yes/no questions. You guys can ask and I'll answer as much as I can. I can say one God is not a God from history or religion, but perhaps there is another who does have a specific name. I don't know the answer to that question.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 8:18 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 692, Empking wrote:FourTroble's claim looks like a faolseclaim riffing off Arc to me. He's lent nothing to defend it, and it just seems weird that he hasn't loopholed his claimed post restriction.
I'm currently trying to loophole it but you guys aren't picking up on it.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 9:48 am

Post by Whiskers »

I'm picking up on it...
Why the limited activity, though?
Also, is your role a philosopher?

Is the god not from history or religion, from a book or game? In other words, from a fictional religion?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 10:16 am

Post by FourTrouble »

I'm a Philosophy Major. You know, like I go to college. I'm a College-bro.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 10:19 am

Post by FourTrouble »

I know of a God not from history or religion.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I'll play even though I think you're full of it.

R'hllor

Cthulu

Azathoth

Nyarlhotep

Yog-Shothoth

Yob-Niggurath

Lord Zarquon

Crom

Mitra
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Should be Shub-Niggurath.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

But what would fictional Gods have to with him being a Philosophy Major?
In post 591, FourTrouble wrote:I have some information regarding this God business but I'm not allowed to talk about it. I get burned by lightning or something like that if I do.
This makes me want to say Zeus? Together with philosophy having connotations of Ancient Greece. But then, he says it isn't a historical god. From "a God is town", it follows that there are SEVERAL Gods in this game (of which one is likely scum, too?). If there's a fictional God, mainstream considerations say it's Cthulhu or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The posting restriction seems pretty weird though...

Whiskers: self-preservation isn't a scumtell per se, but voting someone you normally wouldn't so you aren't the leading wagon isn't particularly a townie mindset.
Wandering but not lost
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 700, Whiskers wrote:
Votecount 1.28

Not Voting (12) - Serrapaladin, FuDuzn, Arc, The Avering, The Central Scrutinizer, Whiskers, PimHel, Empking, Riningear, Tammy, Nachomamma8, FourTrouble

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
1. Does anyone reecall when deadline is?
2. Can anyone explain this?
Vote: FourTRouble
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

I reset the vote count to prove my role + avoid getting hammered.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

How the hell does that prove your role? Can you comment on anything in 710?
Wandering but not lost
Arc
Arc
Townie
Arc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by Arc »

In post 689, Whiskers wrote:Oh wow, that was short.

FT's breadcrumb stuff is interesting.
I wonder if the philosophers have names or if they are just "philosopher". Arc? Riningear? Would either of be willing to tell me that?
I Don't remember Rin claiming a philosopher, or anything really for that matter. My character IS a philosopher, one I'm rather familiar with actually, but which specific philosopher I am is currently witheld information.

Also, I really don't like the vote reset, with FT claiming responsibility directly afterwards. Lurker doesn't necessarily mean scum.

FT, Which god is town? From the way you said A God is town, that statement seems to implicate that there is a town god and another god that isn't necessarily town. You used a singular instead of a definitive, which indicates that there are multiple, as this is also reflected in my role pm, I take this as suspicion confirmed. I assumed that with my character name we were going for something along the lines of a christian god, THE god.

If this leads to where I think it does.

Vote: Rin.

Her claim is fake.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 652, serrapaladin wrote:Wait actually, do let me in on the logic behind your progression here? You've gone from not really mentioning me/townreading me to a full out scumread in a few days time without me really posting anything. I understand you being suspicious of my inactivity, but it doesn't make much sense for continued inactivity to lead to your scumread growing.
It came to me during a lunch meeting with cliff huxtable. You don't have to post something new for me to reevaluate my reads. Nacho, who I was leaning scum on, turned out o be more likely to be town. Empking who I was paranoid about turns out to be more likely town. In reevaluating, I realized that while I tend to like you when you're around, I completely forget anything about you when you're gone.

Relax though, it's not the strongest scum read in the world and I have no plans to shoot you. I mostly wanted to see your reaction/who would react to it.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 657, Nachomamma8 wrote:Metagaming as in metagaming the mod. I'm pretty sure that Jebus didn't literally change everyone's meta with his magic powers.
You win the thread.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 667, riningear wrote:Like, as short as my "FT isn't giving a reason to lynch me, I think he's bandwagon" reason, if anything.

That's all.

Nothing complex, nothing we should have been making a big deal out of, takes about three minutes max.
Sometimes people just think others are scum. It's just about a feeling they get or don't get about their posts. It sucks I know, no matter what alignment you are, but sometimes you're never going to get a satisfying reason.
Arc
Arc
Townie
Arc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by Arc »

In post 714, Arc wrote:

I wonder if the philosophers have names or if they are just "philosopher". Arc? Riningear? Would either of be willing to tell me that?
I Don't remember Rin claiming a philosopher, or anything really for that matter. My character IS a philosopher, one I'm rather familiar with actually, but which specific philosopher I am is currently witheld information.

Also, I really don't like the vote reset, with FT claiming responsibility directly afterwards. Lurker doesn't necessarily mean scum.

FT, Which god is town? From the way you said A God is town, that statement seems to implicate that there is a town god and another god that isn't necessarily town. You used a singular instead of a definitive, which indicates that there are multiple, as this is also reflected in my role pm, I take this as suspicion confirmed. I assumed that with my character name we were going for something along the lines of a christian god, THE god.

Her claim is fake.
Oh, excuse me.
VOTE: Rin
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Jebus »

A few things.
First, don't try to find loopholes. There are none. (This was directed at whoever said they were trying to find a loophole)
Secondly, don't think that my saying this implies anything said is true or false. I'm simply reminding everyone of the game-specific rule that says not to try to break the setup.
Third, when in doubt, PMing questions to the mod is the proper course of action. You may also bold text directed at me in the thread.
Last edited by Jebus on Sat May 25, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 687, Whiskers wrote:
In post 643, Tammy wrote:The rest is you doing mafia 101 to look busy.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. See why I haven't put forth a great deal of effort to convince Nacho to convince you not to shoot me?
Why are you trying o deal with the middle man?
whiskers wrote:
In post 643, Tammy wrote:I'll let you in on a little secret...your reads get to evolve in mafia. You can actually change your mind based on new information. I know it's rather startling isn't it?
Fuck you.
You basically call me stupid and make fun of me for airing my current thoughts about an issue, because you thought I meant something was set in stone on day one of a mafia player, and can't take a snarky response. You know what they say about dishing it out don't you? >_>
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by Tammy »

I'm exhausted. I'll finish catching up tomorrow after I sleep...er return some videotapes.
riningear
riningear
Goon
riningear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by riningear »

In post 714, Arc wrote:

Her claim is fake.
How can my claim be fake? It's fully possible that multiple people have to target the same person and have their own wincons regarding their end-of-game status. Mine happens to be "find and defend God," possibly because of the existence of your role.

Unfortunately for you, you have already outed the fact that your name is relevant to a well-known figure in Philosophy, and your exact role title has been outed, and therefore there is a remote chance that someone is plotting your death as we speak.

In addition.

I just asked Jebus out of curiosity, and he said that scum can have
any
role or wincon that he feels like giving them.

Now, your role, you claim as Philosopher, is that you're supposed to kill God. If God is a town player given FT's fairly-confident claims, then I claim that you are ridiculously anti-town, or possibly scum.

I have to re-read the lot of you though now that I'm getting these sudden horribly-last-minute realizations.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

No Rinin, FT said that 'a' God is town, as in there are multiple God's. At least that is how I read it(paganism ftw).

Also Arc, pretty obvious what philosopher you are(won't state the obvious though).
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
riningear
riningear
Goon
riningear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by riningear »

In post 723, FuDuzn wrote:No Rinin, FT said that 'a' God is town, as in there are multiple God's. At least that is how I read it(paganism ftw).

Also Arc, pretty obvious what philosopher you are(won't state the obvious though).
My wincon seems to imply that there's "the" God, but that's all implied.

Though I have some hunches.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”