Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 180, Grimgroove wrote:Why is it a bad thing to pressure you? If you're town, pressure brings out the town in you. There's no need to be so sensitive to someone trying to pressure you.
Starting from the second sentence you're dismissing what I said with mere hollow phrases but you did not prove that my argument does not make sense. It does.
I would not have used the scumtell-approach if I would know for a fact it's not true, because I'd know well enough that there'd be the theoretical possibility it would come bite me in the ass in case I did.
It makes absolutely no sense to do this as scum: the risk of it flying back into my face far outweighs the supposed benefit of pressuring someone you know is town based on a false argument. If you know it's a false argument, you know the pressure is not going to ammount to anything. I didn't know it was a false argument, and therefore used it until shown otherwise.
The slip is the bolded. Grim is arguing that he would not have used the scumtell approach if he knew for a fact that it was not true, since it would come back to bite him in the ass. (For reference, the scumtell-approach referred to here is the "darling" comment, see post #26).

In context, Grim is arguing with Crandaja. Crand thought Grim was scummy for interpreting the "darling" RVS vote as a scumtell. Grim counters by arguing that he would not use such an approach as scum. He says specifically:
In post 180, Grimgroove wrote:I would not have used the scumtell-approach if I would know for a fact it's not true, because I'd know well enough that there'd be the theoretical possibility it would come bite me in the ass in case I did.
So Grim's argument is that he's not scummy because using such an approach as scum when he knows the accusation is false would be ludicrous. However, since Grim did
not
know the accusation was false (he admits he did not notice the "darling" comment came from the previous game, I caught him on that myself), he essentially admits here that he did in fact use the scumtell-approach. Look at his word choice: "I would not have used". Not "I would not use" or "Using that approach would be foolish", etc. He admits he used the approach.

If we temper the above statement with the following facts:
Grim did not know the accusation was false.
Grim used the scumtell approach.

The statement becomes:
In post 180, Grimgroove wrote:I used the scumtell-approach because I didn't know it wasn't true.
Ergo, Grimgroove is scum and tried to force a mislynch on Crandaja.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by Candillan »

I'm not implying I'm not town ever, lol.
Wouldn't that be playing against my wincon?
Yeah but the fact that you bring up Grim's ways of dealing with me, you're talking association. You can't say you aren't.
What if one of us flips town?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 275, Syryana wrote:
In post 180, Grimgroove wrote:Why is it a bad thing to pressure you? If you're town, pressure brings out the town in you. There's no need to be so sensitive to someone trying to pressure you.
Starting from the second sentence you're dismissing what I said with mere hollow phrases but you did not prove that my argument does not make sense. It does.
I would not have used the scumtell-approach if I would know for a fact it's not true, because I'd know well enough that there'd be the theoretical possibility it would come bite me in the ass in case I did.
It makes absolutely no sense to do this as scum: the risk of it flying back into my face far outweighs the supposed benefit of pressuring someone you know is town based on a false argument. If you know it's a false argument, you know the pressure is not going to ammount to anything. I didn't know it was a false argument, and therefore used it until shown otherwise.
The slip is the bolded. Grim is arguing that he would not have used the scumtell approach if he knew for a fact that it was not true, since it would come back to bite him in the ass. (For reference, the scumtell-approach referred to here is the "darling" comment, see post #26).

In context, Grim is arguing with Crandaja. Crand thought Grim was scummy for interpreting the "darling" RVS vote as a scumtell. Grim counters by arguing that he would not use such an approach as scum. He says specifically:
In post 180, Grimgroove wrote:I would not have used the scumtell-approach if I would know for a fact it's not true, because I'd know well enough that there'd be the theoretical possibility it would come bite me in the ass in case I did.
So Grim's argument is that he's not scummy because using such an approach as scum when he knows the accusation is false would be ludicrous. However, since Grim did
not
know the accusation was false (he admits he did not notice the "darling" comment came from the previous game, I caught him on that myself), he essentially admits here that he did in fact use the scumtell-approach. Look at his word choice: "I would not have used". Not "I would not use" or "Using that approach would be foolish", etc. He admits he used the approach.

If we temper the above statement with the following facts:
Grim did not know the accusation was false.
Grim used the scumtell approach.

The statement becomes:
In post 180, Grimgroove wrote:I used the scumtell-approach because I didn't know it wasn't true.
Ergo, Grimgroove is scum and tried to force a mislynch on Crandaja.
I still don't see your point I'm afraid.
Ravenpaw
Ravenpaw
Goon
Ravenpaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by Ravenpaw »

@Mod- Please replace me

Sorry everyone.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Post by RachMarie »

sorry to see you go Raven
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 5:09 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 269, Syryana wrote:As a general rule, I like to get input from replacements. I don't erase what their predecessor did but I do like to judge the replacement on their own merits.
How does this compute with "I'm not interested in Crand anymore"? (post
No reply?
Wrt 178: He was being anti-town about it, yes. I don't see it as scummy, though. You go after him, he OMGUS' you, then tunnels you thereafter. Seen it happen with newbies before. Hell, I've done it myself.
Why did you think he was scummy, if not that?

Originally the "darling" comment and I found his responses inadequate.
What made you change your mind? Why were they inadequate? Anyway, this point is moot because you already admitted he was being anti-town. The line between that and scummy is arbitrary at best.
I was interested in fleshing out your thought process. I thought Crand was scummy myself and wanted to know how your reasons matched up with mine. Since I've now found the scumteam, I no longer care.
Your conviction is either has proven to be a powerful tool in the past and you're using it with bad intentions, or I'm afraid we're dealing with a "Caesar".

Caesar indeed. Do elaborate.
Either you're really convinced, making you a "Caesar" as in: simply expecting others to agree with you just because you're sure, without real arguments to back that up. Looking at my supposed scumslip I'm even more confident in saying you've got absolutely nothing on me.
Or you're pretending to be convinced, in hopes that your mere conviction will be rallying enough to get others to join both your Candillan and Grimgroove leads.
In post 231, Grimgroove wrote:Into the arena I go, my emperor.
What is it with people buddying me this game? First Candyland with all his "Syr is so town" stuff and now you with the "Caesar/Emperor" comments.

Do you seriously consider this at buddying? My goodness :lol:. I thought the reference is clear. Twice when I've used this symbolism it was referring to your attitude of pitching me against Candillan, just like Caesar would do to his gladiators. You sit there on your tribune and let us sort it out. I'm playing along but don't think I don't notice what you're doing. I don't like these puppetmaster-questions, as the "assignments" you give already show your clear bias.

Ah, you're being insulting. I see. So, I'm Caesar because I'm pitting you and Candillan against each other, is that it? Kindly point out where I'm "playing the puppetmaster". Also, since you apparently find this behavior scummy (you've certainly implied it) why haven't you confronted me about it instead of making snide little comments?
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to truly insult you, I thought it was more of a jist than anything else. But I think the comparison holds and yes, you're acting like a Caesar for pitting me against Candillan in the way that you do. It also reminds me of the scene in Batman where the Joker pits those two goons (not a slip, the goons were "innocents" compared to the Joker in that scene ;) ) against eachother with a broken cue of billiards. Instead of him risking they fight him, they have to fight eachother.
I have confronted you with it. I was under the assumption the "little snide comments" were not lacking in clarity. And you did notice in the end, didn't you? Still don't see how you could possibly percieve this as buddying.
Where you're playing the puppetmaster:
post : "No. I'm also rather disappointed you didn't attack Cand's last post."
post : "Since we're speaking of Candillan, what do you think of his response to his "scumslip"? (#199)" (referring to the same post)
post : "I'll ask more directly: does it make him scummier or townier?"
I'll ask more directly: does it make him scummier or townier?
Scummier, mainly because of his 3 numbered points. Now you answer the questions contained therein please. I get the feeling you've been buying an awful lot of time for yourself lately.

I have answered all the questions contained therein in #207. Again with the insinuations.
1. Again? I never made insinuations unless I have something to back them up, making them more than just insinuations. Show me where I made insinuations before.
2. You didn't. I see two questions you hadn't answered at the time, and only one you half-answered at this point. The questions are about my interactions with Candillan and about my stance on self-meta.
In post 231, Grimgroove wrote:PS: What's the point of not sharing my scumslip? Why does it give townie points to whoever finds it? Why wouldn't scum be able to find it?

I have proclaimed Candillan to be among my main scumreads before, and I'm sure if you ISO me you'll find reasons why I did (in attendance of my full reads list). Why then proceed later on to claim I'm dismissing arguments against Candillan simply because they're directed against him (cfr. his scumslip).

A thing that strikes me as very odd, and this is directed to both Ravenpaw and Candillan: what happened to your buddying? I've seen close to none of it this game.
I'm not sharing your scumslip because I want to see if anyone else finds it. Besides, watching you squirm makes me giggle.
Squirming? Misrep.

No, interpretation.
Is it an interpretation that can be explained through concrete examples of where I am squirming?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 5:11 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 276, Candillan wrote:I'm not implying I'm not town ever, lol.
Wouldn't that be playing against my wincon?
Yeah but the fact that you bring up Grim's ways of dealing with me, you're talking association. You can't say you aren't.
What if one of us flips town?
Not deliberately, no.
It would be if you did it deliberately. That's why they refer to it as a slip, since it's unintentional.
That's true. I am saying that associatively, it makes sense for you and Grim to be partners based on the interactions between you. I was merely clarifying that those associations are not what led me to the scumreads on you two as individuals.
Then I will re-evaluate my stances.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 5:13 pm

Post by Candillan »

Raven awwwwwwww :(
See you in another game then, haha.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 277, Grimgroove wrote:I still don't see your point I'm afraid.
Hypothesis: "I wouldn't do this as scum if I knew it was wrong."
Evidence: "I did this."
"I did not know it was wrong."
Conclusion: "I did this as scum."

I don't know of a better way to put it.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 283, Syryana wrote:

Laws of logic have been defied in this one. Still don't see how you reach that conclusion. Let's see if anyone else does aside from you.

As scum I would already know it's wrong. It's impossible to think it is not when you're scum yourself. Town would not make a scumslip like the one I thought Crandaja made.
And this holds for this scumslip particularly (as opposed to the "scumslips" you found): it was objectively refutable. Scum doesn't use those because you know that if they can be refuted, they will be.

The logical stream is:
Conclusion (simply putting the two pieces of evidence together): "I did it as town because I didn't know it was wrong."
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 283, Syryana wrote:

Yeah this makes no sense but Grim already replied explaining why
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 280, Grimgroove wrote:No reply?
Forgot to go back to it. The two statements have nothing to do with each other. I'm not interested in Crand because I've got two solid scum candidates. If I were interested in Crand, I would judge his predecessor on his own merits (which his intro post was excellent, by the by).
In post 280, Grimgroove wrote:I have confronted you with it. I was under the assumption the "little snide comments" were not lacking in clarity. And you did notice in the end, didn't you? Still don't see how you could possibly percieve this as buddying.
Because your snide little comments were lacking in clarity. If I were to refer to someone as "my emperor", that seems to me a clear acknowledgment of superiority, which I interpreted as buddying.
In post 280, Grimgroove wrote:Where you're playing the puppetmaster:
post : "No. I'm also rather disappointed you didn't attack Cand's last post."
post : "Since we're speaking of Candillan, what do you think of his response to his "scumslip"? (#199)" (referring to the same post)
post : "I'll ask more directly: does it make him scummier or townier?"
Hah, that's not puppeteering, that's trying to get you to take a stance on Candillan's scumposting, which up to that point you were staunchly refusing to do.
In post 280, Grimgroove wrote:1. Again? I never made insinuations unless I have something to back them up, making them more than just insinuations. Show me where I made insinuations before.
Your Caesar comments leap to mind. Several comments on "squirming", "buying more time", etc. Subtly implying that just about every damn thing I do is scum-motivated.
In post 280, Grimgroove wrote:2. You didn't. I see two questions you hadn't answered at the time, and only one you half-answered at this point. The questions are about my interactions with Candillan and about my stance on self-meta.
Just restate the questions.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 5:47 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 280, Grimgroove wrote:Looking at my supposed scumslip I'm even more confident in saying you've got absolutely nothing on me.
You scumslipped again. Town wouldn't be concerned about whether or not I "had something" on them.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Okay.

Syr - The logic your post about Grim's scum slip is hard for me to follow. Somehow it feels very odd to me. Maybe I'm just being slow and not understanding you. So if you don't mind, let me summarize the situation here and see if I can make sense of it in light of what you're asserting.

In post #13, Crand random votes Raven for calling him darling. In #26, Grim states that he can't find such an occurrence, and proceeds to assume that Crand is making a scum slip by referencing something that he assumes is written in the scumchat quick topic, which only scumCrand and his supposed partner (scumRaven) would be able to access.

Grim states in #180 that he would not have called out Crand on this if he knew that Crand was using something from public communications (i.e. not the scum chat) because in that case Crand would eventually be able to provide the occurrence in a public communication between himself and Raven, which would only make Grim look scummy for trying to act like it was a scum slip.

In short, according to Grim: As scum, Grim would not call out Crand because he would know that the word was not in private communication and therefore Crand would be able to show where it was said; therefore, it would not make sense for scum to try this because he would know it would fail. (Yes, I know I just repeated myself; saying it multiple times with different words seems to help me understand it better.)

Syr's argument as I understand it, is that Grim did not know that his assumption (that Crand was referring to private communication) was wrong; therefore he called out Crand on it. Your wording:
I used the scumtell-approach because I didn't know it wasn't true.
I am rewriting as:
I used the scumtell-approach because I thought it was false.
Because that is less confusing to me (double negatives and all). Also I'm assuming that "it" above means "the word being in a public communication"

Okay, so... I think I understand the situation and the argument (correct me if I'm wrong). I just don't know how you go from your argument (see above) to your conclusion (Grim is scum). Because, to be honest, my logic tells me the exact opposite.

EBWOPreview:
Syr wrote:Hypothesis: "I wouldn't do this as scum if I knew it was wrong."

Okay, I feel like your logic is off here. Somehow. Let me see.

I think I know what it is. You're leaving out part of the hypothesis.

Hypothesis: Grim would not do this as scum because he would know it was wrong.
Therefore, Grim would only do this as townie, and only if he did not know it was wrong.
(If he knew it was wrong as a town, there would be no motive to do it.)

Evidence: Grim did it. Grim did not know it was wrong.

Conclusion: Because Grim did not know it was wrong, and because doing this as scum would be basically suicidal (i.e. it would fail and bring suspicion on him), and because Grim did end up doing it, this can not be a scum slip.

That being said, I hate that in my mind I am able to use this logic to clear Grim as a townie.

-------

Unless I'm missing something, your case against him here is a twisting of words to make him look scummy. I did not like your supposed Candi "scum slip", and I do not like this supposed Grim "scum slip". I am happy with my vote where it is.

-------

EBWOPreviewAgain (really you guys post a lot >_<)
Syryana wrote:
In post 280, Grimgroove wrote:Looking at my supposed scumslip I'm even more confident in saying you've got absolutely nothing on me.
You scumslipped again. Town wouldn't be concerned about whether or not I "had something" on them.
Let's say I am walking down the street and step inside a jewelry store to look around. As I am exiting, the security guard inside confronts me and says he thought he saw me lifting a necklace. I proceed to turn out my pockets, revealing nothing, and then tell him to go check his security cameras. As a final comment, I say to him, "This is ridiculous. You have nothing on me."

There is no scum motive in saying that; I was falsely accused of attempting to shoplift from a jewelry store and simply stated a fact that the accuser had no evidence to convict me of anything. I think you need to stop fabricating scum slips in posts just to further your agenda, which I can only assume is detrimental to the town as a whole.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by Syryana »

...I feel really fucking stupid. Like ungodly stupid.
imkingdavid wrote:That being said, I hate that in my mind I am able to use this logic to clear Grim as a townie.
Why is this a bad thing? At least something useful came out of my dumbfuckery.
imkingdavid wrote:Unless I'm missing something, your case against him here is a twisting of words to make him look scummy. I did not like your supposed Candi "scum slip", and I do not like this supposed Grim "scum slip". I am happy with my vote where it is.
Fair enough. What do you think of Cand/Grim's responses to my accusations?
Syryana wrote:There is no scum motive in saying that; I was falsely accused of attempting to shoplift from a jewelry store and simply stated a fact that the accuser had no evidence to convict me of anything.
I think you need to stop fabricating scum slips in posts just to further your agenda, which I can only assume is detrimental to the town as a whole.
Yeah, we've established I'm a damned idiot. I'm curious though; if I'm scum like you think, what's the point of saying the bolded? As scum the whole point of my existence is to be a detriment to the town. Why are you telling me to stop being anti-town if you believe me to be scum?
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by homertve »

In post 270, Syryana wrote:My point here is, though you have made a few mentions of what you find scummy in Candillan, you have made no move to push his wagon or pursue that read. It is especially noticeable when Candillan makes what is (in my opinion)
the scummiest post in the game
, #199, you don't even glance at it twice, instead concentrating on me pretty much to exclusion of all else until I directly ask you to look at it. That's why I feel your scumread on Candillan is not genuine.
Why do you think it's "the scummiest post in the game"? I think at this point you are trying to deflect us from your scumslip to other's supposed scumslips.

I liked the way David analyzed things. I think your is you trying to cover your not-so-honest mistakes and I don't think you are a "dumb" or "idiot". I think you're just a scum.

What is it with all these replacements requests in this game? Is it normal?
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:02 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

No big deal, but for the record, the last quote in your post (#289) you have attributed to yourself, when I actually said it.
In post 289, Syryana wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:That being said, I hate that in my mind I am able to use this logic to clear Grim as a townie.
Why is this a bad thing? At least something useful came out of my dumbfuckery.
I'm not against having a confirmed townie; in fact, having someone confirmed is good because we know we can trust that person. However, what I'm hesitant about is deciding that this does confirm him and later on realizing (too late) that there is something I'm not currently thinking of that makes it possible for him to be scum.

So I'll ask for the opinion of others... does this actually prove Grim is confirmed town or am I missing something?
Syr wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:Unless I'm missing something, your case against him here is a twisting of words to make him look scummy. I did not like your supposed Candi "scum slip", and I do not like this supposed Grim "scum slip". I am happy with my vote where it is.
Fair enough. What do you think of Cand/Grim's responses to my accusations?
I haven't been too pleased with Candi's continuous "I am town" insistence he has kept up literally all game, but specifically in his response to your scum tell accusation (see #199 for his response). After all, 0 players in this game are going to outright admit to being scum; it is assumed that each player would claim to be pro-town. Therefore, actually stating it as much as he has does not really make him look better in my eyes. Aside from that, he seems to keep a level head despite the accusation and doesn't become overly defensive. That earns him town points in my book.

As for Grim, I think the whole Caesar/gladiator stuff could have been left out, but aside from that I don't notice anything negative about it.
Syr wrote:
Syryana wrote:There is no scum motive in saying that; I was falsely accused of attempting to shoplift from a jewelry store and simply stated a fact that the accuser had no evidence to convict me of anything.
I think you need to stop fabricating scum slips in posts just to further your agenda, which I can only assume is detrimental to the town as a whole.
Yeah, we've established I'm a damned idiot. I'm curious though; if I'm scum like you think, what's the point of saying the bolded? As scum the whole point of my existence is to be a detriment to the town. Why are you telling me to stop being anti-town if you believe me to be scum?
Because if you're not scum and I have the wrong read on you, I want you to prove it to me by not being scummy and doing scummy things. Right now you've dug yourself a pretty deep hole, but I'm not going to start shoveling the dirt back into the hole on top of you yet. We still have 6-ish days to figure out the best candidate for a lynch.

By the way, while we're on the subject:
In the above quote, Syr wrote:As scum the whole point of my existence is to be a detriment to the town.
Scum slip: "is to be" vs "would be to be"
It's the same thing you tried to pull on Grim.

-----
homertve wrote:What is it with all these replacements requests in this game? Is it normal?
In a newbie game, unfortunately yes.
eaten!
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:20 pm

Post by Edosurist »

VC 1.6

Candillan
(2): LnGrrrR, Syryana
mkfuba07
(1): RachMarie
Syryana
(2): homertve, imkingdavid
Not voting
: mkfuba07, Ravenpaw, Candillan, Grimgroove

Sorry for the long break in VCs.
Searching for Ravenpaw's replacement, and I guess I'll prod mkfuba07 for not posting...
I think I'll extend the deadline a bit because of all these replacements.

Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2013-06-04 22:43:00)
Last edited by Edosurist on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

@mod:
thanks for the update. Just one thing:
In post 292, Edosurist wrote:
imkingdavid
(2): Syryana, Crandaja
I replaced Crand; I don't recall voting him voting himself.

Thanks, fixed
Last edited by Edosurist on Wed May 29, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eaten!
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Post by homertve »

In post 291, imkingdavid wrote:So I'll ask for the opinion of others... does this actually prove Grim is confirmed town or am I missing something?
Can you explain again why do you think it confirms him as town? I reread that part in your post and couldn't understand the jump from "it doesn't prove he's a scum" to "it proves he's town".
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Sorry for being unclear. What I'm talking about comes from the following conclusion in my post:
I wrote:Conclusion: Because Grim did not know it was wrong, and because doing this as scum would be basically suicidal (i.e. it would fail and bring suspicion on him), and because Grim did end up doing it, this can not be a scum slip.
By that logic, it makes sense to me to assume that if he was scum he would not have tried to point out Crand's original "scum tell" (the whole "darling" thing). If he would not have done that as scum, I find it easy to make the logical leap that because he did it, he probably isn't scum. After all, I can find no scum motive behind doing it, and as is stated in my quote, doing it as scum would be suicidal.

Does that make sense? It is 3:37am so I may just be not thinking straight.
eaten!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 289, Syryana wrote:...I feel really fucking stupid. Like ungodly stupid.
Sorry to hear that but why is it only after imkingdavid said his thing you realized this? I said almost the exact same thing with regards to my supposed slip in and you didn't even respond to that.

@Imkingdavid: If you're not comfortable with that reasoning making me almost as good as conftown, you can always try taking it into WIFOM, but I don't think that would be a healthy exercise.

About the Caesar-thing I feel I have to insist on apologizing again (without expecting Syryana to accept those apologies, but I kind of feel bad about it), but I really felt the comparison was more funny than mean at the time. At least it was meant this way. I happen to like metaphors and thought it worked quite well in this case. I shall refrain from this practice in the future.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 8:54 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 287, Syryana wrote:
Where did I ever look concerned?
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Post by homertve »

In post 295, imkingdavid wrote:By that logic, it makes sense to me to assume that if he was scum he would not have tried to point out Crand's original "scum tell" (the whole "darling" thing). If he would not have done that as scum, I find it easy to make the logical leap that because he did it, he probably isn't scum. After all, I can find no scum motive behind doing it, and as is stated in my quote, doing it as scum would be suicidal.
Maybe at that point he didn't think about it and only afterwards he figured out that what he said was suicidal. What you are saying is reasonable and by now you and me both think he's town (Occam's razor?), But from that to a complete conftown there's a long way (well, maybe not that long. But it is a way).
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2013 9:10 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

@LngRrr: What are your thoughts on all of this? I feel you've been very quiet during these discussions.
@RachMarie: And yours? I think you focus a bit too much on those not there. Reading imkingdavid based on one entry post also seems quite rash, no matter how good that opening post was.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”