Open 501: Stacking the Deck of Power (Game Over)

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 10:08 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.04havingfitz (4) - Syryana, Sakura Hana, Tammy, Does Bo Know
Chenoan (2) - Lazurial, Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc (2) - Chenoan, Bert
Sakura Hana (1) - havingfitz

Not Voting (3) - awestfie, Nachomamma8, Tierce

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

The deadline is Wednesday, June 12, 2013, at 12:30 AM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2013-06-12 00:30:00).
awestfie
awestfie
Mafia Scum
awestfie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by awestfie »

I'll try and post my reads sometime tonight or early tomorrow; although, for now; I want to know why exactly you're getting scum-vibes from Lazurial, Sakura.

I see that you're getting both scum-vibes from Lazurial and Fitz, do you think they're partners? Lazurial had some interactions with Fitz on , just wondering what you think about that too.

Oh, and Lazurial had the exact same thought process as me toward Chenoan's .

In short; I just want to know why you're getting scum-vibes from him; because I'm currently getting town-vibes from him, his play up to now has been very genuine.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 124, havingfitz wrote:...what "faulty logic" of mine was Sakura pointing out to me?  How about Sakura's faulty logic?

She was saying that your vote does not help the Town because you're just adding one vote to someone who doesn't have any,
and specifically pointing this out
. Tammy already told you this:
In post 110, Tammy wrote:It wasn't about everyone else not joining a pressure wagon, but why did fitz specifically go out of his way to vote someone who hadn't been voted already. I just can't believe a town!fitz wouldn't recognize that, and his going after Sakura and line of questioning just screams of going after an easy target. For instance, Post 22 just comes across as willfully misrepresenting the situation to make an action look scummy that wasn't.
Sakura wasn't calling you scummy for this, she was pointing out that this is a useless behavior. Town does it all the time. However, you immediately jumped her for hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is not scummy (it's just a sign of lack of self-awareness), and it wasn't even what she was doing. She was pointing out that you went deliberately out of your way to make a useless vote:
In post 20, Sakura Hana wrote:
[...]
you are the only one who said that wanted to vote someone else on your reasons.
How is pointing this out scummy?

She answered your questions where they were relevant. "Why didn't you go after those people [who presented different RVS reasons than I did]" is not relevant.
In post 66, havingfitz wrote:And
[Muttleyddmc]
is in the middle of a 5 person speed wagon that I predict has a scum or two on it.

[...]

And IMO the Mutley vote on
[Sakura Hana]
is much less opportunistic (as you
[Tierce]
accuse him of) then the votes on his wagon.
Why are you sidestepping the Mutley wagon? You're calling the wagon scum-fueled, but not doing anything beyond that.

You're asking useless questions, and beyond being useless, they have an antagonistic, chip-on-your-shoulder tone. and and --what was the goal here? To get Sakura Hana to admit that she would lie as scum?
Yay!
Where is the follow-up? You move on to Does Bo Know on the next posts and doesn't show how these questions were useful to you on scumhunting Sakura:
In post 124, havingfitz wrote:As for my questions that you quote from Post 71 and Post 73...they were asked to Sakura to prove a point on how absurd her "So speaking honestly is scummy" comment was. Which I infer earlier in Post 71. An admission that she would not confess to speaking dishonestly as scum (which she did not admit to) would show her baseless comment's uselessness. I.e. everyone should be assumed to be speaking honestly unless they are scum who aren’t going to admit to speaking dishonestly.
How does this help you read Sakura's alignment in
this
game? Her comment was 'absurd', and so what? Why wouldn't she make such a comment as Town? How does "proving a point" mean
anything
regarding her alignment that she would answer differently if she were Town or scum?
In post 124, havingfitz wrote:
In post 110, Tammy wrote:and his going after Sakura and line of questioning just screams of going after an easy target. For instance, just comes across as
willfully misrepresenting
the situation to make an action look scummy that wasn't.
[...]
Also…does anyone ever post in mafia against their will? I.e. stupid accusation you “willfully” made.
See above in the antagonistic behavior bit. You're a reasonable, collected player as Town. What's with the prickliness?

Townread on Chenoan for this:
In post 41, Chenoan wrote:No idea how to actually contribute to this game right now, though, since the questions I would've asked have already been posed. So. Yea.
I think that scum would either produce fake content or shut up. Admitting this feels very genuine.

In post 87, Syryana wrote:And this is to everyone else as well: Do you believe the speed of a wagon is indicative of the wagonee's (in this case Mutley's) alignment? Do you believe that the speed of the wagon indicates there is scum on it?

Personally I believe the speed of the wagon is null. I've seen scum driven and town driven wagons pop up like this. I'm interested to hear everyone else's thoughts.
Null. Boring question. Puppies or GTFO.

In post 90, Lazurial wrote:@Syryana: I agree with the sporadic and irritating questions. I can't say whether
[havingfitz is]
town or scum, but I've got a better lead on Chenoan at the moment.
In post 95, Chenoan wrote:
In post 84, awestfie wrote:If you hate early wagons, why did you just jump on it instead of just telling people to unvote? There's no reason why someone should be at L-2 this early into the game and you only made it worst.
He wasn't that high when I voted. Also his reactions merited a vote. I can't decide if he's deliberately trying to troll or not. I don't even.

This game is so scatter fire. I don't even know what's happening or why and I've read every post.

Keeping my vote on mutley for now since other people unvoted.

Two srongest town reads are Syryana and DBK. But apart from Mutley no one is standing out as scummy.

@Laz: I'm not understanding your case on me. Is it just because I voted the wagon even though I don't like wagoning?

The reason I went with the early wagon this time is because it's not based on nothing. Mutley is acting really absurdly, and that deserves votes/pressure. However his reactions to that are even MORE confusing. I'm kind of at a loss right now, but he's still my strongest scum read.
In post 96, Mutleyddmc wrote:What are confusing about my reactions?
In post 97, Lazurial wrote:Everything, Mutley. You're setting yourself up to be knocked down, which is hardly town. Maybe it's a personal means that works for you, but to the rest of us it looks chaotic and random at best.
In post 98, Mutleyddmc wrote:I didnt ask you.
^ Good post.
Lazurial, why are you answering for your scumread?
In post 106, Lazurial wrote:But blatantly disassociating yourself with your actions is, I would say.
He wasn't doing so.
"Ugh, I hate early wagons, but I think this is scum. I'll vote him, then" doesn't show any kind of dissonance. His feelings about a situation in
this
game outweigh his general view on things. This isn't scummy; it's not like he's breaking ground on doing something completely and utterly out of character.
Why no comments about anything other than Chenoan and a passing mention of havingfitz?

Tammy: not going to bother metaing Mutleyddmc until/unless it becomes necessary. It's the easiest lynch by far and not going to happen on D1 if I can help it given . I'll save it for when I feel like losing some brain cells to the void.

Sakura, Chenoan, DBK and (ugh) Mutley are Town.
VOTE: havingfitz
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Because i didnt Chenoan's post was that scummy, and thought he was focusing on something small to push and tunnel through it. He did say he doesn't like early wagons
but
bla bla bla. The word "But" is key here, meaning that's what usually happens yet this time it doesnt apply for the reasons he specified, so i don't see a contradiction in his post, as much as Lazurial wants to make it appear as such.

P-Edit: Basically what Tierce said.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 124, havingfitz wrote:  As for who I suspect off Mutley's wagon...first hint would be who I'm voting.  It's still too early to tell who could possible be a 2nd (if there even is one). 
Oh look at me I'm town, I don't know how many scum there are! Like, is this a serious statement? Even if the setup wasn't in the second post of the game, are you seriously trying to pass off that you thought it possible that there was only one scum in a 12-person game? Micros have two; hell even 5p vengefuls have two.

fitz wrote: As for my questions that you quote from and ...they were asked to Sakura to prove a point on how absurd her comment was.  Which I infer earlier in .  An admission that she would not confess to speaking dishonestly as scum (which she did not admit to) would show her baseless comment's uselessness.  I.e. everyone should be assumed to be speaking honestly unless they are scum who aren’t going to admit to speaking dishonestly.
:facepalm:

fitz wrote:
In post 110, Tammy wrote:Okay so, I don't get fitz's suspicion of Sakura at all, but that's probably because I find fitz really suspicious and was wondering as I was reading along why no one else saw what I saw until Syryana came along and voiced some of the very thoughts I was thinking.
Well then see my responses above to Syryana.
Didn't help. I still can't follow your train of thought at all. It still looks like you're attacking an easy target and assigning an alignment rather than trying to figure out her alignment. Take the example above. Your blowing out of proportion what looks like an immediate flippant response to a silly scum tell doesn't make sense to me. And that you are using it as part of your attack against her is even more mind-boggling.

fitz wrote:
In post 110, Tammy wrote:The thing is fitz's vote with reasoning was awkward, and Sakura was asking the right question.  It wasn't about everyone else not joining a pressure wagon,
but why did fitz specifically go out of his way to vote someone who hadn't been voted already.
  I just can't believe a town!fitz wouldn't recognize that,
...my vote in RVS was an RVS vote.  Nothing more than that.  That was .  And Sakura didn’t ask a question…she stated an observation in an accusatory manner that contradicted her very own actions.
Well forgive me, she made the correct observation in an accusatory manner concerning your rvs vote and reasoning. Why were you going out of your way to vote someone who hadn't been voted yet. If you had made a silly joke, it probably wouldn't have garnered attention. I know when I was reading along, I had the same question about your vote. And it's a perfectly fine question or observation in an accusatory manner to make to get the ball rolling. I'm still surprised that you can't see that, and I think if you were town you would recognize that as a valid way to begin the game. People ask questions about their rvs votes and reasoning all the time, this is nothing new.
fitz wrote: 
In post 110, Tammy wrote:and his going after Sakura and line of questioning just screams of going after an easy target.  For instance, just comes across as
willfully misrepresenting
the situation to make an action look scummy that wasn't.
How am I misrepresenting anything?  You’re misrepresenting me by saying that.  Also…does anyone ever post in mafia against their will?  I.e. stupid accusation you “willfully” made.
She did answer your question. You were the only person who stated they were purposefully voting for someone who wasn't voting anyone. Your post looks like a purposeful misrepresentation of what had happened rather than a simple misinterpretation.

fitz wrote:
In post 110, Tammy wrote:The only thing that makes me wonder about Sakura is her moving to Nacho after basically being told she should in , but that's not really all that big a deal as
she doesn't look like nervous newbscum, but newbtown who's trying to figure things out.
  Oh also, the slight snarkiness in warms my heart.
I’m glad Sakura warms your heart :roll:….why does she not look nervous?  She gives a to me that   She uses not knowing how many it takes to lynch as an excuse for putting a second vote on someone (despite having just criticized me for not doing so) and when she realizes it take 7 instead of 5 to lynch…SHE PUTS A 4th VOTE ON NACHO!  So she was afraid to put a 2nd vote on anyone when she though it was 5 to lynch but has no problem (for no reasons other than “pressure” putting someone at L-3…which is what she would have been doing placing a 2nd vote on someone in a 9 person game.  Hello????
How does that translate as nervous? She seems a little uncertain, and the only thing that bothered me was her voting for Nacho after Bo told her too. But I can also see that as a new person getting adjusted. You're also acting like she went from being "afraid" to putting a second vote on someone to doing it without someone saying that it was a good thing to do.

fitz wrote:
In post 110, Tammy wrote:That fitz actually asks the questions he does in and is laughable as fitz is not new and these questions can't possible be considered productive by someone who isn't new.  And as fitz is not new, it just looks like he's being busy for the sake of it.
What’s laughable is that you do not realize why I asked them.  I answer the question above to Syryana but it should not need to be answered as the question shouldn't have been asked to begin with. It’s a lame excuse to cast suspicion on me.   Sakura made a and I wanted to prove to her that is was baseless.
Is this the rvs thing still? Are you serious?

fitz wrote:
In post 110, Tammy wrote:Why did you meta Mutley in particular?  Did you also meta Sakura?
Errrrrrrrr…..because I logged in yesterday and he was at L-2 early on page 3 which is ridiculous.  I wanted to see if he had any other games (scum or town) where he posted in a similar manner.  I only found two games (both town) and it appeared consistent IMO.  As I did not see any scum games his behavior in this game was at the very least null but in no way indicative of scum.  So is he scum?  Maybe.  Is he scum for the way he joked around and painfully dragged out people’s questions to him?  I do not think so.  And no…I didn’t meta Sakura.  I don’t typically use meta to find scum (unless it’s just something I recall about a person) and the only reason I did it with Mutley was because he seemed on the verge of a lynch. 
Wait so what you're saying is you came in here, saw mutley at L-2 and hopped to it to do some meta research on him, but didn't meta the person you are actually pushing as scum? I don't get that. I mean I get not metaing people because I don't always do that either, but if you're going to meta someone to see how they actually behave why wouldn't you meta the person who's lynch you're pushing? And it didn't look to me like he was actually in danger of being lynched on page three.

fitz wrote:
In post 110, Tammy wrote:...had an early scum read on Bo based on what I think was an initial misinterpretation of which I read as him wondering why Sakura wasn't on a pressure wagon that he wasn't even on.  But, re-reading that and in the context of the rest of his play,
it looks like he was wondering why she wasn't on it when Sakura had mentioned the importance of pressure wagons.
  Oh also Bo reached town status in by making me giggle.
Glad you giggled…tee hee.  I hope my snarkiness warms you :roll:  So the bit in bold is the exact thing I started in on Sakura for.  Before DBK.  And he’s town for it.  Got it.
Uh...no. I never said he was town for that. Where did you even get that? I had an original leaning scum read on him based on that, which I initially interpreted as selective scumhunting. However, as I read along, that initial impression didn't match up with the rest of his posts, which I was leaning town on. When I went back and re-read that initial interaction I realized he only asked Sakura about it because Sakura herself brought up the pressure.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by Tammy »

Oh Chenoan hates
early
wagons.

/confusion
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

UnknoWn
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Post by Bert »

Hi everyone. I've been keeping up, but waiting for eye pain to get better a little so I can pull through and make some posts. That's on me. :/
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri May 31, 2013 7:30 pm

Post by Syryana »

/inb4Equinoxprodsme

Will deal with this tomorrow
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:46 am

Post by Lazurial »

In post 127, Syryana wrote:Lazurial, why are you answering for your scumread?
Personal habit of mine. I answer questions when it seems like the answer is somewhat obvious. I'll admit it's somewhat egotistic and assumptive, but I often can't help myself.
In post 127, Syryana wrote:He wasn't doing so.
"Ugh, I hate early wagons, but I think this is scum. I'll vote him, then" doesn't show any kind of dissonance. His feelings about a situation in this game outweigh his general view on things. This isn't scummy; it's not like he's breaking ground on doing something completely and utterly out of character.
Why no comments about anything other than Chenoan and a passing mention of havingfitz?
I wasn't looking at it as the effects now being scummy. I saw it as an effort to cover his tracks before they were made.
I haven't had much to say, really. We've got a few people firing on all cylinders, and I'm still new enough that I'm trying to learn. Chenoan was my first lead. I mentioned fitz because I followed up on something he posted and agreed.

UNVOTE
because clearly I'm not making any headway here. I'll pack the case up and save it for later, if I get more against him.
Town 1-2 Mafia 0-0 Other 0-0

Deaths: NK: 3 Lynch: 0
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:12 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 103, Tierce wrote:Engh.

Not wanting a Townread just out of meta (meta applies to everyone, you just have to know what to look for, it's not just "I always act like this!") reads Town.
Agreed.
In post 104, Lazurial wrote:@Chenoan: My case is that you're being so careful to announce how you hate wagons, before hopping on one.
This isn't why you should be suspicious of Chenoan (or at least not why I'm suspicious of him). Why is his hypocrisy a scumtell?
Edit: Sniped by Tierce
In post 106, Lazurial wrote:But blatantly disassociating yourself with your actions is, I would say.
Meh, I'm more interested in hearing why he's got townreads on me and DBK even though he has "no idea what's going on".
In post 110, Tammy wrote:until Syryana came along and voiced some of the very thoughts I was thinking.
Reading your mind, stealing your thoughts, you probably shouldn't have taken off the tinfoil hat.
In post 110, Tammy wrote:Speaking of...had an early scum read on Bo based on what I think was an initial misinterpretation of which I read as him wondering why Sakura wasn't on a pressure wagon that he wasn't even on. But, re-reading that and in the context of the rest of his play, it looks like he was wondering why she wasn't on it when Sakura had mentioned the importance of pressure wagons. Oh also Bo reached town status in by making me giggle.
Making you giggle is a reason to give out townreads?
In post 115, Does Bo Know wrote:: I think the speed of the wagon is null too. I've seen all types of wagons build at this speed. Oh, and apparently Syryana got to post the Fitz thing before I did. Great.

Chenoan's doesn't sit well with me either. Now he's keeping a vote on Mutley for pressure and not asking his own questions. He never truly outlined why he saw Mutley as scummy. His overall confusion also plays weird to me.

DAMMIT SYR QUIT SHARING THE SAME BRAIN CLOUD STORAGE SPACE. ( about Chenoan)

: @Sakura: Mind giving me the Laz scumread reason?

Tammy comes in and says the same stuff Syr did. Hey guys. We should be friends. AND SHE GIGGLED AT MY PLUG-IN THING I'm not even that funny. :oops:

makes some sense.
You time travel OMGUS. I time travel argument steal. Any argument you will make in the future I will make first!

Moar to come.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:02 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 124, havingfitz wrote:...I didn't think the answers were acceptable/made sense...i.e. I didn't think they answered my questions.  Which apparently   And btw...her second response was unacceptable as well.  She says she didn't want to risk a quicklynch and yet she had issue with me not adding to someone's wagon.  And as for her initial answer to the second question...it was not true...the very next vote after was who used a RV reason very similar to mine.  So Sakura's answers were poor and inaccurate.

...your "also reveals...scumhunting" look at Mutley is what I was referring to when I said he is capable of more contentful posts.  Which I said near the start of page 3.  I'm not expecting brilliant cases from anyone that early in the game.  As for who I suspect off Mutley's wagon...first hint would be who I'm voting.  It's still too early to tell who could possible be a 2nd (if there even is one).  I'm not a fan of Chenoan up to this point () so he's a suspect.  They are all candidates at this point in the game. 

As for my questions that you quote from and ...they were asked to Sakura to prove a point on how absurd her comment was.  Which I infer earlier in .  An admission that she would not confess to speaking dishonestly as scum (which she did not admit to) would show her baseless comment's uselessness.  I.e. everyone should be assumed to be speaking honestly unless they are scum who aren’t going to admit to speaking dishonestly.

...so why are you voting me?  I think you need to change your Glade plug-in. :idea:
Except you dodged the shit out of my question in the first place. How does showing the absurdity in Hana-san's posts indicate her alignment, or help you figure it out? Absurdity isn't a scumtell. I don't think I've seen a question from you that has actually been useful in terms of ferreting out alignment. My Glade plug-in is just fine.

In post 124, havingfitz wrote:I’m glad Sakura warms your heart :roll:….why does she not look nervous?  She gives a to me that   She uses not knowing how many it takes to lynch as an excuse for putting a second vote on someone (despite having just criticized me for not doing so) and when she realizes it take 7 instead of 5 to lynch…SHE PUTS A 4th VOTE ON NACHO!  So she was afraid to put a 2nd vote on anyone when she though it was 5 to lynch but has no problem (for no reasons other than “pressure” putting someone at L-3…which is what she would have been doing placing a 2nd vote on someone in a 9 person game.  Hello????
That's one hell of a misrep, sir. She didn't vote for
Nacho
because she thought it would put him at L-1. She didn't try to make another bandwagon because she was busy voting for
you

In post 110, Tammy wrote:That fitz actually asks the questions he does in and is laughable as fitz is not new and these questions can't possible be considered productive by someone who isn't new.  And as fitz is not new, it just looks like he's being busy for the sake of it.
What’s laughable is that you do not realize why I asked them.  I answer the question above to Syryana but it should not need to be answered as the question shouldn't have been asked to begin with. It’s a lame excuse to cast suspicion on me.   Sakura made a and I wanted to prove to her that is was baseless.
No, you didn't. You claim you want to reveal absurdity which in no way indicates alignment one way or the other. Sort of like the rest of the questions you've been posing to her.

In post 110, Tammy wrote:Why did you meta Mutley in particular?  Did you also meta Sakura?
Errrrrrrrr…..because I logged in yesterday and he was at L-2 early on page 3 which is ridiculous.  I wanted to see if he had any other games (scum or town) where he posted in a similar manner.  I only found two games (both town) and it appeared consistent IMO.  As I did not see any scum games his behavior in this game was at the very least null but in no way indicative of scum.  So is he scum?  Maybe.  Is he scum for the way he joked around and painfully dragged out people’s questions to him?  I do not think so.  And no…I didn’t meta Sakura.  I don’t typically use meta to find scum (unless it’s just something I recall about a person) and the only reason I did it with Mutley was because he seemed on the verge of a lynch.
Uses meta to figure out Mutley
Doesn't use meta to figure out his primary scumspect
Doesn't use meta to find scum
Does not compute

In post 115, Does Bo Know wrote:: I think the speed of the wagon is null too. I've seen all types of wagons build at this speed. Oh, and apparently Syryana got to post the Fitz thing before I did. Great.
I do not think a wagon going from zero to L-2 in a little over a page (35 posts) and in less than 4 hours is normal.  It screams mislynch wagon to me.  If it was later in the game and people’s suspicions were better founded…or there was some sort of mitigating evidence towards someone…sure…quicklynch away.  But in the early stages of D1?  No.  It is not null.  It might not be definitive but it is a lot stronger than null IMO.
Page 2 Wagon at L-2 on Town by Town in Less than Four Hours

No scum were on that wagon, it was completely town driven. You insisting wagon speed is indicative of being a scum-driven mislynch is ludicrous.

In post 115, Does Bo Know wrote: I'm torn between pressuring Chenoan or Fitz first...hm...
Let's get Fitz.
VOTE: havingfitz
I want to hear his thoughts on what Syr and Tammy have said first.
Let’s pressure someone. (Oo oo…I’m under pressure…)
Let’s get Fitz (ie “get” me as in lynch me?  Or is that pressure?  To do what?)
Vote Fitz….
So when you say you want my thoughts first….to what does the first apply to?  Some action on your part?  My potential lynching?  :? :? :? :?
You trying to paint Bo as scummy for pressuring you or something? Like, the fuck?

This guy needs to eat rope.

Catchup post part three coming soon to a mafia forum near you!
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Prod dodging, will most likely post tomorrow.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Syryana »

Tierce wall and Tammy wall are good walls.
In post 134, Lazurial wrote:I wasn't looking at it as the effects now being scummy. I saw it as an effort to cover his tracks before they were made.
I haven't had much to say, really. We've got a few people firing on all cylinders, and I'm still new enough that I'm trying to learn. Chenoan was my first lead. I mentioned fitz because I followed up on something he posted and agreed.

UNVOTE
because clearly I'm not making any headway here. I'll pack the case up and save it for later, if I get more against him.
Do you have any other leads/suspects?
Lazurial
Lazurial
Goon
Lazurial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:54 am

Post by Lazurial »

I need to go back and re-read the thread first. I'll try to get back to you in a few hours. Right now I'm trying to brush off the frustration that I can't seem to communicate effectively to anyone here.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 135, Syryana wrote: Making you giggle is a reason to give out townreads?
Funny is town. It is known.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:44 pm

Post by Bert »

I'm finally starting to learn everyone's names and their avatars to put faces/avatars with names. Finally catching up as well. I don't know anyone here except Nacho, and I'm somewhat familiar with two others in a game that's not over yet so I can't say anything else about. The rest I have never heard of. :)

I'll start off by answering this one, so I get off my lazy behind and get the hang of posting in this particular game:
In post 87, Syryana wrote:And this is to everyone else as well: Do you believe the speed of a wagon is indicative of the wagonee's (in this case Mutley's) alignment? Do you believe that the speed of the wagon indicates there is scum on it?

Personally I believe the speed of the wagon is null. I've seen scum driven and town driven wagons pop up like this. I'm interested to hear everyone else's thoughts.
My answer is I think they are related, but it depends on the circumstances...after the RVS stage, and as each game "day" goes by, quick wagons become more concerning and telling...time begins to run out and each decision becomes of much more importance.

- I'm not agreeable with Mutley's POV about meta.

- I'm going to try this game, so please tell me what you would like from me, because honestly my few games that are now completed have been trainwrecks (I've been a trainwreck lol) - haven't survived past a game day - and I'm only in two games now (which is more than enough for me) so I will give my full effort. I guess what I'm trying to say is please ask questions...feel free for sure.

Intention is to attempt some input/reads soon as I digest what I just read. If you're going to call this post fluff, it really is because it's my catch-up post but it will get me participating actively, which is my main goal. And this is as much for me to read as it is for you. Lol.

Random Notes:

I like Tammy's post 110...I'll be back in a few hours. I agree with Chenoan on this game being scatter fire. Fast pace, but more motivation to stay active and not lurk around.

- I noticed DBK and someone else (headache now so I can't remember who) agree with a certain person's thoughts, which is interesting.

- I actually liked one of Fitz's posts but I'll look back in a few hours.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Post by Tierce »

That is not a catch-up post at all. I hope there'll be actual content when you're feeling better.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Post by Bert »

Yeah I will in a few hours. I meant catch-up as in "say hi" and "I'm here."
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:59 am

Post by havingfitz »

Weekend prod dodge.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:26 am

Post by Equinox »

Chenoan has been prodded.

dragonfly replaces Bert. Thank you!
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:32 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Continuing from :

: Fitz’s catch-up. Firstly, Glade is probably a trending topic in this game. Secondly, Fitz is really not doing well in defending his logic. His first point to Syryana isn’t good; maybe Sakura didn’t want to vote Nacho because it was already a considerably large wagon, as opposed to earlier, when there wasn’t one. His reasons for and still haven’t shown why they help scumhunting, and don’t add to his case on Sakura.

Basically strawmanning Sakura some more, making her look like her actions are much worse than they actually are, yadda yadda

You can’t tell me L-2 in 35 pages is automatically not null (I’m assuming when you say it can’t be null, that there’s a scum on it). So, here’s the deal: if at some point this game you flip scum, Fitz, I’m gonna look more closely at this L-2 wagon on Mutley for the next scum, and use PoE and associative tells to make this super easy for us. It’ll be grand.

Also, making assumptions that I’m out to get you. My vote was because I wanted to put some more pressure on you to answer to the cases presented, and from there, I would either remove the vote and do something else, or pressure you more with questions. I feel like the reason you think it sounds like I want you lynched, is because you’re trying to paint me as scummy. (And as a bonus, you don’t even directly say I’m scum, so it’s not even that firm of a stance.)

: Tierce makes the “Fitz assumes scum-fueled wagon” point I made just a few seconds ago, plus says Fitz isn’t doing anything about it. Also, this and both have me convinced that Chenoan’s post about getting on a wagon isn’t scummy.

Some walls that I generally agree with are after that, but it’s too much work to say specifically what I agree with in each part. (In fact, most of the agreements are “They beat me to it.”) Aside from that, I’m unsure of what to think when Syryana asks Laz for other suspects, because Laz doesn’t really comment on Sakura vs. Fitz, which is a huge topic so far.

Aaaand that looks like all I have to say. That catch-up wasn’t too bad.

Alright, cool. I like Fitz as a top candidate for scum. Anyone have any questions, hit me up.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
dragonfly
dragonfly
Townie
dragonfly
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:44 am

Post by dragonfly »

I will be available later today.

You are welcome, Equinox. :)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

So Bert posts a big non-catch-up post, then says there will be more from him in a few hours, then replaces out? that's kind of odd.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Mutleyddmc »

seems perfectly normal to me

Return to “Completed Open Games”