Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 564, Candillan wrote:
In post 560, LnGrrrR wrote:
In post 556, mothrax wrote:@candi did you notice how I didn't post between you claiming and you calling me out for not unvoting?
Ditto. You can stop being scummy now btw Candi.
That wasn't an act.
Also, you did post after I softclaimed, and it did not include an unvote. Yet now you unvote. It seems as if you're desperate to get a lynch off, why not vote your other scumread, Raven's slot? Your vote on Syryana screams of desperation to lynch someone else.
You literally just said this:

In post 546, Candillan wrote:Thank you.
Yeeshus, I was going for "scummy enough to not get nk'd, but not scummy enough to get lynched", but then I think I was a bit //too// scummy.
If you are town, you're the scummiest town I've played with in my short career. Oh and I had ONE post after you actually claimed.

Oh and that "one post" was literally three minutes before the post I unvoted you, which was the very next post.

And yes, Im desperate to lynch someone because we need some sort of lynch today. I am not voting Raven because there hasn't been a wagon on her.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Ok, since we have a day now:

UNVOTE:

Want to prevent a derphammer.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by Edosurist »

VC 1.12

LnGrrrR
(3): Candillan, Grimgroove, Syryana
Candillan
(1): RachMarie
Syryana
(3): homertve, mothrax, imkingdavid
Not voting
: Core_H86, LnGrrrR

With 9 alive, it take 5 to lynch.

Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2013-06-08 22:43:00)
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Candillan »

In post 575, LnGrrrR wrote:
In post 564, Candillan wrote:
In post 560, LnGrrrR wrote:
In post 556, mothrax wrote:@candi did you notice how I didn't post between you claiming and you calling me out for not unvoting?
Ditto. You can stop being scummy now btw Candi.
That wasn't an act.
Also, you did post after I softclaimed, and it did not include an unvote. Yet now you unvote. It seems as if you're desperate to get a lynch off, why not vote your other scumread, Raven's slot? Your vote on Syryana screams of desperation to lynch someone else.
You literally just said this:

In post 546, Candillan wrote:Thank you.
Yeeshus, I was going for "scummy enough to not get nk'd, but not scummy enough to get lynched", but then I think I was a bit //too// scummy.
If you are town, you're the scummiest town I've played with in my short career. Oh and I had ONE post after you actually claimed.

Oh and that "one post" was literally three minutes before the post I unvoted you, which was the very next post.

And yes, Im desperate to lynch someone because we need some sort of lynch today. I am not voting Raven because there hasn't been a wagon on her.
So why not start one? You said yourself, we have a day. Instead of planning on jumping on an easy wagon, why not start one like you did with me?
Your actions are survivalistic, and that isn't town behavior.
Or do you just want to have your buddy as leaning scum in case you need to bus cleanly later on?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Candillan »

Also, I'm allowed to be as scummy as I want when I'm a PR. I'm doomed anyway, might as well have some fun with it.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Since when is being "survivalistic" scummy?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I was not absent, NS had the computer and I slept since I last posted.

moth I know I have been terribad lately about not posting enough Hopefully in about a week or so I will be able to buy my new computer. Already got it on my wishlist on Amazon and free shipping too.

Candi after the game is over will be happy to give you some pointers on being Doc it is a role I get way too often.

The push for going ahead and lynching him to avoid a NL feels genuine from LGR

So going for number 3...

VOTE: Syr

L-1

Pedit at LGR because townies win even if they die as long as town wins in the end, and there are more townies than scumz anyways. While scum are more likely to lose even if they just lose one of them, so yeah that is why survivalism is a scum tell.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by Candillan »

Thanks, Rach. I guess my tactics didn't really work well, lol. Outed on D1 >_>

Stillllllll not sold on a Syryana lynch, though.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by RachMarie »

It happens Candi

LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

Rach, I can understand that reasoning, but I know Im town; I only think Syr is. I'll try to do an ISO on him tonight or tomorrow morning.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by Candillan »

If you think Syr is town, then why don't you vote for your chief scumread that isn't a PR?
Yeesh, I don't understand how people see you as town. >_>
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by LnGrrrR »

@Candy, did you not see my "Lets see what Mothrax does" comment? Raven was scummy but also a huge lurker. So far Mothrax has been providing content.

And how do you know Mothrax isn't a power role, by the way?
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by Candillan »

that isn't a claimed* PR

I personally thought Raven was town. She was transparent as usual, and seemed as if she was honestly just swamped with everything. You were the one that said that Raven was scummy.

I guess moth has turned that around for you, then, so who //do// you see as scummy?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Post by Syryana »

Catching up.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Post by Syryana »

Okay, so I'm at L-1 now. I'm vanilla town.

Reads:

Never ever lynch these:

Candillan(caveat: if for some reason he's still alive after tonight remove him from this list)
Grimgroove
CoreH86

Probably town, but if it's him versus the above three, lynch him

Imkingdavid

Should be lynched if he makes it to LyLo

homertv

Kill it with fire

LnGrrR
RachMarie
Mothrax

Cand, Grim, Core are all townie as all get out. Never ever ever lynch them. David looks pretty town, but something about him bothers me and I can't put my finger on it.

Homer bothers me because he hasn't really put in any effort to investigate alternative reads; he's been tunnelling me pretty much exclusively all game (I believe he voted Rach once, but that's all). He's had suspects, but has made no particular movement to scumhunt or really do much of anything. He asks questions, yet does nothing with the answers. I don't really see any smooth flow with his suspect pool, either; he picks up and drops alternatives to me with no particular explanation as to why (#366, #454 stick out in particular, Rach's reads list should have in no way caused him to drop a scumread on her).

LnGrrR I have already made a case for. He's just not playing the same as he did before. Rach is lurking like a boss, actively avoiding this game while being active elsewhere. Her reads list in #390 (her only actual post of substance) is pretty patently awful: buddying the heck out of homer, her reasoning for finding me scum is pure OMGUS, the whole thing is superficial and contains little in the way of actual analysis. Mothrax is also on this list; I really didn't like his(her?) entrance; he's not really explained any of his reads (or much of anything for that matter) in depth since replacing in. He pulls one post from me he doesn't like, one post from LnGrrR he did like, made some remarks on two things from Cand he didn't like. Reads are nebulous and I particularly don't care for how he explains away Rach's behavior as "Rach being Rach, it's null".

I'll be around for a while, so let me know if you all want anything else.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Iffen anyone wants to go metastalk my daily posts feel free. You will find I am not posting much anywhere, Posted almost nothing in non game threads, and any time it is needed for me to do heavy ISO research it takes longer than usual. When you top this with I am a big picture reader and we had two slots that have been pretty much non existent until recently yeah that adds to it too. '

If you want to make a case that I am Lurking fine I will agree with the fact that I am lurking due to not having a computer of my own atm, plus lack of hearing aid which drains me and makes me sleep more. If you want to make a case that I only do not post in this game, not buying it. Go metastalk me. That is the most I can say because of ongoing games.

OMGUS oh really? Keep in mind when I am reading someones ISO and making notes in a notepad file about them I am foucused on them not on me so yeah really not paying attention who is or is not voting me when I am putting together reads, my focus is to analyze their ISO in entirety of the game and make notes then make my case on if I think they are scumz or town.

Having 3 potential scumspects on Day 1 is really not that unbelievable especially with only 7 playing so not able to fully read.

Dude I could point to a number of games where I voted for someone who was voting for me and was town. I was not voting for them because of them voting for me. I have also both as town and scum read peeps as town who were voting for me.

homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Post by homertve »

Syr -

1. Up until this moment (with your post) I didn't think I was tunnelling you. You are right, that's exactly what I'm doing, and your post did give me my doubts about you. I'm starting to understand Grim's feelings about you being genuine. I hope I'm not making a mistake about these new feelings about you.

2. For now, and since I want to think about it a little longer -
UNVOTE: Syr

3. I never said Rach's reads made me stop suspecting her. I think that her explanations to her absence earlier in the game were good. That's all.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 590, RachMarie wrote:If you want to make a case that I am Lurking fine I will agree with the fact that I am lurking due to not having a computer of my own atm, plus lack of hearing aid which drains me and makes me sleep more. If you want to make a case that I only do not post in this game, not buying it. Go metastalk me. That is the most I can say because of ongoing games.
I can't discuss ongoing games so I'm somewhat limited in what I can say about this. However, I will say that metastalking you is an excellent idea and I recommend everyone draw their own conclusions about your activity levels from that.

Also, I'm not trying to diminish your personal problems. That's really none of my business.
In post 590, RachMarie wrote:OMGUS oh really? Keep in mind when I am reading someones ISO and making notes in a notepad file about them I am foucused on them not on me so yeah really not paying attention who is or is not voting me when I am putting together reads, my focus is to analyze their ISO in entirety of the game and make notes then make my case on if I think they are scumz or town.

Your reasoning for having a scum lean on me:
In post 390, RachMarie wrote:That does not necessarily make me scum however, and I am wondering if you are going after an easy lynch. I would say I am an easier lynch than shaboo/mk dude since it is clear that slot is about as non existent as can be, while I have posted some just not as much as I should be.

Yeah not liking it.. You can go in the leaning scumz pile.
In short, your reason you think I'm scummy is that I'm "going for the easy lynch", in this case you. You make no mention of the scumslip argument (which was quite a few pages long and really should have been in here somewhere) and call me scummy purely for finding you suspect. That's OMGUS. Furthermore, I've no idea where you got the notion that you are an "easy lynch"; you're the IC, people abandoned your wagon shortly after you made a reads post.
In post 590, RachMarie wrote:Having 3 potential scumspects on Day 1 is really not that unbelievable especially with only 7 playing so not able to fully read.
I don't recall saying anything about you having three scumspects.
In post 590, RachMarie wrote:Dude I could point to a number of games where I voted for someone who was voting for me and was town. I was not voting for them because of them voting for me. I have also both as town and scum read peeps as town who were voting for me.
Whoa. Massive scumvibes from this. You voting for someone that was voting for you (and you both being town) is completely besides the point. The point is that your scumread on me stems entirely from the fact that I suspect you. Voting has nothing to do with it.
homertve wrote:3. I never said Rach's reads made me stop suspecting her. I think that her explanations to her absence earlier in the game were good. That's all.
What do you think of Rach now?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:37 pm

Post by RachMarie »

nope it does not

ahem I have a town read on homer even though he thinks I might be scum...

I said I am an easy lynch because I am. If you look at my completed games you will find I often get mislynched. So yeah I am an easy lynch to push so my reasoning still stands. If you want me to show more of a case.... will do but not tonight I am totally too wiped out atm to go metastalking.

homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:58 am

Post by homertve »

In post 592, Syryana wrote:What do you think of Rach now?
I really don't know.

I said I wanted to think about it a little longer, and I did. Here are my thoughts.

We don't have much time. We need to decide between these options:

1. Lynch LnGrrrR.
2. Lynch Syryana.
3. Lynch Candillan.
4. Try another wagon.

Options 1 and 2
:
Both LnG and Syr claimed themselves to be VT. Lynching either of them will give us at least something to work with tomorrow. I know I said before that Syr leans scum, but I'm not so sure about it now, whereas my feelings about LnG is quite null at this time. Either way, if Candi is our Doc, he'll probably get NK.

Option 3
:
If he's the doc, he'll be dead either way. If we lynch him we'll give the scum a different target, and maybe they'll get lucky and NK another PR. That's not good.

Option 4
:
There have been three claims already. It gives too much information to the scums. I don't think it's a good idea to do that.

What do you think? (and by "you" I mean everybody else, and not just Syr)
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:06 am

Post by RachMarie »

I think we should not lynch an un CCed Doc claim... So Candi is out

Who do you think is the scummiest? We have 17 hrs and a NL on Day 1 is bad juju....

I am willing to vote for either Syr or LGR because of deadline....

homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:15 am

Post by homertve »

In post 595, RachMarie wrote:Who do you think is the scummiest?
If you had asked me that three hours ago, my answer was Syr. Now I really can't say. I want to hear other people on that subject.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:34 am

Post by Syryana »

Yeah, no. We're not lynching the doc.

I don't think an alternative wagon to LnGrrR/me is a good idea either. We've had enough claims for one Day.

So we're pretty much down to picking between LnGrrR and me.
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:44 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Look, let's just make this easy. Vote me if you think Im even at all slightly scummy. I've changed my mind about surviving over Syr; if people think my flip will help town, I'm down for it.
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:09 am

Post by Candillan »

I've laid my points down on the table. It's up to you all to choose.
Something tells me a Rach wagon tomorrow is a good idea.
Also, Syryana, there are reasons as to why I would live the night, but ~rolefishing~.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”