Micro 181: Everyone's being watched (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:28 am

Post by Wisdom »

Did everyone forget about this game or what
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:32 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Vote Count 2.1

[1] Sword_of_omens: Wisdom,

Not voting: Grimgroove, Miss Destroyer, Horus, Sword_of_omens, Malakittens, RachMarie,

with 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-06-21 14:25:49)
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:00 am

Post by Malakittens »

Mara? When did you get the 'I think swords is scum'?

Why do you think he's a town slot?

Who do you think is scum? I mean you're okay at saying Sword is town without going into detail why.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:11 am

Post by Wisdom »

Mala, who is scum?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Back from my V/LA, will catch up with this thing. I also missed the last part of the previous dayphase so I've got the feeling I'll have a lot to comment on despite the low activity (considering the prod I got). More tomorrow though, completely wrecked right now.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:52 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 478, Wisdom wrote:Mala, who is scum?
Thinking maybe Rach, Hd/Mara hydra. Had a feel on DBK, but waiting for Swords to post.

Grim feels town and so do you. Horus is null-leaning town as I like him last day period.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Hey Rach, hey Rach!

I see you posting elsewhere!

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

This game seems to be on its ass for some reason. What happened?

On the Zionite-lynch as a whole I don't have much to say. I've always had a town-read on him, and though it's easier to say in retrospect, I don't understand the push that went on on him at the end of the previous stage. The problem is that this is all in hindsight now, and I don't want to sound like the prick who "told you so" or rubbing your nose in a lynch that I wasn't online for to give my input on.. But I can't help but feel that some people do feel "off" in this lynch so I hope my criticism won't be taken in a way that would further demotivate activity in this topic.

After reading through the lynch I mainly don't like Wisdom's role in it and the way he responded to the hammer. He seems like a different person during the build-up of the pressure against Zionite and the post-hammer/pre-flip game. In Wisdom states his vote won't go anywhere, two pages later he's acting all bothered over the lynch.

The DBK-hammer I don't consider as scummy. I think the general mood at that stage was clear: Zionite was going to be lynched. All the most active participants (fuzzy and Wisdom most notably) were behind it, and according to me, rather pushing it. The way I understand it is that the "intent to hammer" is mainly there to provide the "soon-to-be-lynched" with an opportunity to claim. But Zionite already did claim at the point of DBK's hammer, and Miss Destroyer even said that claim was reason enough "to kill it with fire" (post ). Also fuzzy was asking for a prompt lynch in post , which if he hadn't flipped town tonight, I would have considered the scummiest post during the lynch-process because it came even before the claim.
It's true that I would have liked to put in my two cents and I would have appreciated the chance to do so before the lynch, but I wouldn't want to presume that I'd be able to turn that wagon around and I wouldn't presume DBK expecting that I could change his mind. I already gave my read on Zionite before, and the last discussion didn't change that (though you couldn't know that, granted, but aside from the associative tell with Malakittens I also don't see any new elements).

Some quotes that stood out for me:
In post 384, Wisdom wrote:Scumtells keep dropping.
Now we have "why would I do this as scum" WIFOM too.
And no, this whole thing sounded like you know he's town and you're trying to tell him how to play. Not like you think he's scum.
All while you were refusing to consider the possibility of him being bad town and not scum earlier.
Just no.

VOTE: Zionite
I think the entire string of posts , , and all sound very very agressive and like someone who smells blood. The 384 I quoted above shows how Wisdom seems to choose to interpret Zionite as scummy no matter what he says, post is more of the same. Note how often Wisdom uses the string "this sounds like" in his argumentation, clearly indicating this is all interpretation. But nonetheless these arguments manage to create a certain mood wherein Zuionite appears obvscum.
I personally believe that Zionite made some pertintent arguments in post for instance, but isntead Wisdom chose to ignore the largest part of that and just hand-picked one little segment in post that he could turn around as a scummy sign of omgus.

Wisdom, what do you think of this string of posts in retrospect and how do you justify the pick-and-choose from post ?
In post 409, Miss Destroyer wrote:I HAD AN EPIPHANY WHILE I WAS READING THE EARLY GAME AGAIN

VOTE: Zionite

Hey guys, remember when Zionite had an L-1 wagon on him?
Remember when he reacted strongly to everyone's vote?
There's...someone he didn't react to.

I'll give you a hint: their name starts with Mala, and ends with Kittens.
I don't see how a mere "associative tell" is enough for such conviction in voting for someone. Same for Horus.
Question to both Horus and Miss Destroyer: What do you make of the supposed connection now that Zionite flipped town?
In post 432, fuzzybutternut wrote:Can we lynch Zio now? :(
In post 441, Wisdom wrote:I don't like DBK's hammer at all.
For one, he didn't let Grimgroove catch up and give his opinion on everything that happened.
Second, it looks like he tried to post reasons and justify the reasons he's hammering, like he felt it was bad doing so.
Third, said reasons look like rehashes of what others have posted.
Finally, saying he thinks there's scum in {Zionite, fuzzy} is likely laying down groundwork to push fuzzy after Zionite. Lining up lynches.
With the first one I'd agree from a personal standpoint, but how do you think I could have influenced this debate given the general mood? None of my earlier posts on Zionite seemed to have had a big effect.
Second, I don't see justification as a bad thing. Again, "it looks like" is simply your choice of how to interpret this, and I can't say I like your choice.
Third, you formulated some of these reasons yourself I'm sure. If the reasons are compelling enough according to you to make you state you're not moving your vote, why can't they be convincing enough for someone else as well?
And finally, I think this is exactly what you are trying to do with DBK/swordofomens.
In post 443, RachMarie wrote:wait I had not yet caught up jeez why did you hammer already DBK? I cant wait til I have my own computer again grrr...

Ok some quick points before the thread is locked up....

My town reading of DBK has gone down somewhat with that hammer...

Wis I feel is towny. He is pushing on peeps and his reasons for thinking peeps are scummy are sound and have merit. He is wrong about me but still he had a good case so it does not feel like hes just trying to get get mislynches going.

Zio on the other hand..... bah I think he is scumz. I was going to declare intent to hammer (something DBK SHOULD have done :igmeou: )

I do not see Zio and Fuzzy being scum budz though it does not feel like scum distancing. So if we are right about Zio being scumz, and I think we are, then Fuzzy is probably Town, the inverse though is not necessarily so (if Zio flps Town that does not mean for sure that Fuzzy is scumz). This does not feel like the scum Fuzzy I met in Greater Idea Mafia. (Where he fake claimed Seer).

Horus is probably town. His posts feel very much like a Town PoV.

Need to take a good look at Mara and Miss D.
I don't like all the fuss you're making about the hammer. I see a link with Wisdom's behavior towards this hammer.
I also don't like the repetiion of RachMarie thinknig Zionite is the correct lynch. There's no objective reason for this kind of conviction, so I'm assuming this conviction was an act. A scummy act at that.
In post 395, Malakittens wrote:Zion..

Did you just rolefish towards Fuzzy.

>_>
I also don't like the way Malakittens is trying to sound holier than the pope with this PR-fishing-business. What was the pioint of that Malakittens? Do you think that was a reasonable argument to get another wagon/case going? Why do you think others did not consider it as rolefishing and why did you? Making a fuss over nothing like that doesn't seem pro-town to me, but more like an act to sound like a good boy telling everyone to be good but stealing candy himself later that day.
In post 470, Wisdom wrote:VOTE: sword
hi
Still being wary of "the voice in the sky", I get the feeling you're lining up another lynchvictim. Somehow I don't feel you're actually scumhunting, but putting people in traps with questions and answers you choose to interpret in the scummiest possible way. What kind of answer do you expect to this vote from sword of omens? DBK already explained his hammer, no? What makes his explanation unsatisfactory?

So yes, I feel Wisdom has had the ugliest role in the lynch, but I'm not exclusing misguided town who somehow ended up in a leading position. But mainly his pre-hammer conviction and his post-hammer indignation don't add up in my book. RachMarie I'm also not quite liking, she seems like the tourist in the Zionite wagon.
A general question to everyone: Do you think scum was involved in Zionite's lynch-wagon? Why/Why not?

Going to provide reads on everyone later on, maybe today, maybe Wednesday. Going to wait with my vote until then but
FoS: Wisdom
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:05 pm

Post by Wisdom »

The hammer itself isn't what was scummy. I wanted the hammer to happen sooner or later because I genuinely believed Zionite was scum. The way it happened, with all the unneeded justification, as well as the timing, felt off to me. To me it looked like (And yes, this is interpretation, I am not supposed to be in the mind of others, all I can do is try to read into their actions) he was trying too hard to justify the hammer so that he doesn't look bad for doing it. Scum will usually do that when they're about to hammer town exactly because the hammered will flip town and they will look bad.

Maybe you would have changed nothing in the result, but I generally prefer waiting for everyone to chime in before taking the final decision. Maybe someone will notice something the others didn't. You never know.

In regards to sword, all I'll tell you is that I've played with him before and I'd like to read him to be more sure about the slot. I am not in any way convinced that DBK is scum, I just did not like that hammer and it's one of the strongest leads I have right now.

My aggressiveness and my attempts to make the town follow me in my reads are null tells and have to do more with playstyle than alignment. I think you said you read some of my games, so maybe you can confirm that.

As for my pick and tell and whatever else has to do with my Zionite hunt; simply put, I was confident Zionite was scum. Maybe too confident.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Post by Wisdom »

pick and choose*
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Mala there was not a lot going on here...

BTW

Wis you are pushing Sword? Did he replace DBK?
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Post by Wisdom »

yup
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 485, RachMarie wrote:Mala there was not a lot going on here...
Not a reason to avoid posting, unless you're scum.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:26 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 443, RachMarie wrote: My town reading of DBK has gone down somewhat with that hammer...

Zio on the other hand..... bah I think he is scumz. I was going to declare intent to hammer (something DBK SHOULD have done :igmeou: )
RachMArie, according to you, what would the added value have been of "intent to hammer" over the hammer itself? Zionite already claimed. Why this fuss?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:07 am

Post by RachMarie »

Intent to hammer is not just about claiming.

It gives the lynchee a chance to have final thoughts reads and any other info just in case it ends up being a mislynch.

It gives other players a chance to post their final thoughts and any other info they feel town should know before the day ends.

It allows for other players to say hey wait a minute it is too soon to end the day etc.

So having intent to hammer helps town in many ways not just the claim. Which is why it is best to declare intent whether or not the lynchee has claimed.

That being said I am not liking how sword is not saying much here. plus that hammer uggh

VOTE: sword

you have some 'splainin to do dude...

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:10 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 489, RachMarie wrote:I am not liking how sword is not saying much here.
Like everyone else does?
Miss D does?
Horus does?
All you have is that sword is not saying much?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:11 am

Post by Wisdom »

Coming from you that you didn't bother to post because "there was not much going on"?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:22 am

Post by RachMarie »

well maybe this will get the game moving I doubt one vote on him is going to stir him much Wis

And I still wanna know what the heck was up with that hammer.

@ Grim Was I absolutely sure Zio was scum, no but I did think he was likely to be scum. I am not sure of anyone else in this game.

Wis I admit most peeps in this game have been lacking in activity. But my activity has been sporadic all over due to my not having a computer and sharing one with NS. Being exhausted trying to function without a hearing aid also does not help. If there is some RL stuffs going on, sword should tell us. This does not feel like his usual play from games we were in before.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:27 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 492, RachMarie wrote:And I still wanna know what the heck was up with that hammer.
And how exactly will you know that?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:28 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 492, RachMarie wrote:Wis I admit most peeps in this game have been lacking in activity. But my activity has been sporadic all over due to my not having a computer and sharing one with NS. Being exhausted trying to function without a hearing aid also does not help.
Why are you apologizing about your activity?
You admitted that you didn't post because "there was nothing going on", not because of RL.
Did I just catch you in a lie?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:30 am

Post by Wisdom »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: RachMarie
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:33 am

Post by RachMarie »

no both are true

Overall my activity on the computer (everywhere not just on site) is sporadic.... And I did not see much going on when I took the few minutes I had to look here there were no new posts to speak of. Particularly from the peeps I need to hear from to help me narrow down the pool.

Which would be :
Sword,
Miss D,
and Horus.

You have as usual spoken quite a bit, Mala has spoken and even Grim has but there is so little from several people it is making it hard for me to peg them.

fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:35 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Mod: Dead man posting
Last edited by JasonWazza on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:36 am

Post by Wisdom »

fuzzy youre dead lol
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:37 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 496, RachMarie wrote:there were no new posts to speak of.
And why did you need new posts to speak of instead of making some yourself?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”