Mini Normal 1460 - Normalville Mafia (GAME OVER)

Future
Future
Goon
Future
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:23 am

Post by Future »

BP's "I don't reply to stupid questions" seems unnecessarily confrontational.

Peregrine, how serious are you about your Slandaar vote?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:20 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 25, Future wrote:BP's "I don't reply to stupid questions" seems unnecessarily confrontational.

Peregrine, how serious are you about your Slandaar vote?
The player:

I like to think I can spot Slandaar as scum or town eventually, but it takes a lot of posting to get there. If the pressure can start now, we can save a lot of grief later if he is scum.

The action:

See this game/post. Yes, the number has gone down, but it's reliable enough as a starting point.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 23, Baezu wrote:First impressions: BP/Grimgroove scum team. Consider yourselves FoS'd. It would be cool if this would actually turn out to be a crumb later on in the game :)
Wherefrom does your first impressions come from? And what connects them as a team?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:54 am

Post by Baezu »

Gut feeling from the way he answered the question:
In post 12, Grimgroove wrote:Innocent Child. It makes things less complicated.
Also, this comment came with BP's second vote (he had previously rvs'd future) so if his logic applies to peregrine he is just as blood thirsty:
In post 20, BP wrote:Voted for two people in one post only! No one wants blood like a scum!!
Again, gut feeling but I really didn't like any of his posts on p1
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:11 am

Post by Elyse »

VOTE: Slandaar

Wagons.

@Future
How was BT's "I don't respond to stupid questions" confrontational? He was saying that Red Dragon responded to the questions despite calling them stupid.

I like playing as scum better. I've only done it once though and I replaced it, but it was extremely fun.

My favorite role would have to be vig. I like being able to kill someone without anyone else weighing in.
BP
BP
Goon
BP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:54 am

Post by BP »

Oh, I thought we were on RVS. Sorry.

VOTE: NO LYNCH
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Darthe »

Personally I prefer to be a mafia traitor. So much fun to abuse both sides.
Future
Future
Goon
Future
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:33 am

Post by Future »

Well shit, I misinterpreted that. I thought BP was calling Slandaar's questions stupid, which seemed unnecessarily confrontational. Take that back.

That being said, BP is acting very, very strangely. I'm with Baezu; there's something gut-ly off about his posts so far.

UNVOTE: Dragon
VOTE: BP
Future
Future
Goon
Future
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:34 am

Post by Future »

In post 30, BP wrote:Oh, I thought we were on RVS. Sorry.

VOTE: NO LYNCH
Especially this - why suddenly vote NL? How much experience do you have on this site?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:22 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Baezu is town. Only town is so eager to put out scumreads this early in the game, half expecting/hoping they would be right in order to boast with them at the end of the game.
However, Baezu is wrong and will not be boasting for at least 50% of her early reads.

I'll have an early guess as well: Slandaar and Future in a scumteam.

We shall see in the

VOTE: Future
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Baezu »

Better put my vote in a more useful place

VOTE: BP
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

In post 15, Slandaar wrote:
In post 13, Red Dragon wrote:[
asking stupid questions:
My questions have a point to them being that favourite alignment and to a lesser extent role can give insight into how engaged with the game you should expect that person to be if they are town (and if they are scum).

Anyways, my friend, you seem an intelligent guy who understands RVS and RQS so can you explain why my questions are worse than those random votes that achieved nothing?
Random votes start wagons and get reactions from those under pressure, sets up association, sparks discussion about the game. Banter doesn't do any of that.
In post 19, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: Future

Pretty sure it's not all it's cracked up to be.

But seriously now, since it's out there,

Vote: Slandaar

82% of the time when questions are asked as part of the opening posts they are posted by scum.
Not sure if he is scum. I just voted him to start things off. also, nice double voter role there.
In post 34, Grimgroove wrote: I'll have an early guess as well: Slandaar and Future in a scumteam.
I can somewhat agree. It does seem odd to defend him so early. I'm the type of guy who thinks that people should defend themselves instead of having meat shields do it for them. With that said though, it is still early, and way too early for association tells.
Future
Future
Goon
Future
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by Future »

Grimgroove, you saying BP is town?
BP
BP
Goon
BP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Post by BP »

Alright, I seem to have to explain myself at the moment. I really thought you'd see my posts as they were: RVS taunts. That's why I voted for random people, for random reasons. Just like everyone else.

Also, I voted no lynch because I don't believe in Day 1 lynches. Don't make much sense to me. I'm more much more keen on analyzing Night 1's kill choice that trying to see through people's reasons and motives behind every vote on Day 1, which are mostly based on RVS reactions and bandwagoning, so...

Just because I voted no lynch doesn't mean that I'm necessarily new to the game, FYI.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 38, BP wrote: Just because I voted no lynch doesn't mean that I'm necessarily new to the game, FYI.
This is a weird sentence.

If you believe that D1 lynches are bad and explained why, what's the need of this last statement? It's a little preemptive, like you don't really believe in it yourself and know others will pounce on you for it.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Vote Count:

Slandaar (3) - Red Dragon, PeregrineV, Elyse (L-4)
BP (2) - Future, Baezu
Elyse (1) - Kattaze
Future (1) - grimgroove
No Lynch (1) - BP

Not Voting (5) - Darthe, Slandaar, Ztife, thegooner, chernobylcitybus

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch or no lynch. Deadline is in (expired on 2013-07-03 10:00:00)

Thegooner has not picked up his role PM. I'll begin looking for a replacement tomorrow if that remains the case.
Not a dayvig.
BP
BP
Goon
BP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by BP »

In post 39, Elyse wrote:
In post 38, BP wrote: Just because I voted no lynch doesn't mean that I'm necessarily new to the game, FYI.
This is a weird sentence.

If you believe that D1 lynches are bad and explained why, what's the need of this last statement? It's a little preemptive, like you don't really believe in it yourself and know others will pounce on you for it.
Fair enough. I just didn't like his assumption that because I voted no lynch I'm new to the game. That's all. x)
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Kattaze has requested replacement.
Not a dayvig.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by Darthe »

^ meh
Future
Future
Goon
Future
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by Future »

I didn't mean the game, I meant the site.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 38, BP wrote:Alright, I seem to have to explain myself at the moment. I really thought you'd see my posts as they were: RVS taunts. That's why I voted for random people, for random reasons. Just like everyone else.

Also, I voted no lynch because I don't believe in Day 1 lynches. Don't make much sense to me. I'm more much more keen on analyzing Night 1's kill choice that trying to see through people's reasons and motives behind every vote on Day 1, which are mostly based on RVS reactions and bandwagoning, so...

Just because I voted no lynch doesn't mean that I'm necessarily new to the game, FYI.

How is this not the scummiest thing you've ever heard? A mislynch on d1 is WAY better than a NL because at least that gives information (ie who was on the bw, whose loyalties are where, etc.)! Also, we actually have a chance of lynching mafia d1 WHICH IS THE POINT OF THE GAME!!! We need to lynch this now!
Red Dragon
Red Dragon
Goon
Red Dragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by Red Dragon »

that epic mafia logic.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 37, Future wrote:Grimgroove, you saying BP is town?
What? No. What gave you that idea?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 44, Future wrote:I didn't mean the game, I meant the site.

Did you notice his join date under the avatar?

This join date leads me to believe he knows what he's doing through defending this No D1-lynch business. I haven't been in many games myself so far on this site, but in each and every one of them the general agreement was the thing that Baezu was explaining, and everyone disagreeing came under heavy scrutiny. I'll have to do a meta on BP but something tells me he knew he'd be getting reactions t§o this no-lynch-vote along the lines of the reactions he's getting now.

The way Baezu jumps on this "easy" bait I find scummier than publicly daring to take a stance you'll know very few people will agree with.
BP
BP
Goon
BP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Post by BP »

In post 45, Baezu wrote:
In post 38, BP wrote:Alright, I seem to have to explain myself at the moment. I really thought you'd see my posts as they were: RVS taunts. That's why I voted for random people, for random reasons. Just like everyone else.

How is this not the scummiest thing you've ever heard? A mislynch on d1 is WAY better than a NL because at least that gives information (ie who was on the bw, whose loyalties are where, etc.)! Also, we actually have a chance of lynching mafia d1 WHICH IS THE POINT OF THE GAME!!! We need to lynch this now!
Firstly, LOL.

Are you serious Baezu? RVS-based lynch, even if you lynch a mafia, which would be super-awesome, won't give you any granted info, if any, on loyalties and whatnot. It's called RANDOM vote stage, and I do apologize that I do not believe in random-based lynchings.

We have 20 days - TWENTY - until the deadline. That's almost 3 weeks. Why are you so eager to lynch me, so early in the game, if your point of view regarding the pros of RVS is the acquisition of info? Lynching me now would prevent you from acquiring more info regarding those loyalties that you mention and other stuffs. A mislynch on d1 is NOT better, IN MY OPINION, because I much rather, as I said, analyze the kill's info based on day behaviour that analyzing day behaviour that's ultimately based on sheer randomness, because that way we'll have one dead Townie rather than two. And that's always preferrable.

Now I'm gonna say this again, in case I wasn't clear. This is how I see this game, and this is what I think to be the best strategy. It's not a play like Grimgroove just postulated. I believe in Day 1 no-lynch, because of what I explained above.

Now, I'm reeeaaaallly keen on hearing from you again, Baezu, to answer these simple questions:
- If you want reactions to see the smoke comin' out of the scumhole, why lynch me right away? Why not wait a little longer, say two weeks?
- Do you think mafia loyalties would be made explicit by them in day 1 in such a way as to tell us who's who? If not, do you still think a mislynch is better that a no-lynch?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”