Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 970, MattP wrote:2) fferyllt
3) implosion
6) hp [leaves]
7) Oversoul
9) sword_of_omens

WOOOOSSSHHHHHH
so, apart from katsuki and myself, this winds up being a list of people who i don't have townreads on.

Then i iso'd katsuki, and i now have a townread on katsuki.

So yeah. I actually like this list.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 974, Amrun wrote:I'm actually interested in Matt's 180 as well.

But it may have happened pre-tigers. Not sure.
It didn't. Not before I checked, and I highly doubt any 180s happened between when I checked, and tigers.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 972, Amrun wrote:I think asserting that you wouldn't flip flop on reads as scum is a little strange, Tierce, since I've seen you do that But, regardless, I think the likelihood of you being scum with Antagon is low, and don't have any interest in lynching you.
On D1? With no Towncred gained from it? Where's the pragmatical view behind that? I may not be CES, but I know when and where to cut my losses with a buddy. I would have bussed vanilla scum like there's no tomorrow/Tomorrow if that looked like the way the wind was blowing. So I'm not Antagon's buddy and if I'm a mysterious third party with some love for the limelight via failweak reads, I am not ye old hammering ghost voter. So there you have it.

Whinging session done. Back to my spreadsheet pile; call me when you have an interesting paranoia theory.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Post by implosion »

incidentally, i am also of the opinion that speculation about the second nightkill/ghosthammer is silly. I don't think any particular theory is more likely than any other. Vi may have a meta of not including multiple scumteams, but i also think Vi is the kind of mod who would subvert their meta as a mod for the sake of subverting their meta as a mod.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Post by Katsuki »

lol CES bussing.

That reminds me once of a RL game I played where Fate, Faraday, CES and I were scum. Unsurprisingly, they all bussed me mercilessly D1. Then Fate D2. Then Faraday D3. :P
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by MattP »

It happened when I said, "brb changing all my reads", about the time where I also had a flip of reads on HP and ffery. Can't miss it
SlappyKrust
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 980, MattP wrote:It happened when I said, "brb changing all my reads", about the time where I also had a flip of reads on HP and ffery. Can't miss it
This still doesn't
explain
anything, dahling. Why was I a scumread of yours?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 981, Tierce wrote:
In post 980, MattP wrote:It happened when I said, "brb changing all my reads", about the time where I also had a flip of reads on HP and ffery. Can't miss it
This still doesn't
explain
anything, dahling. Why was I a scumread of yours?
SHOULD I ANSWER THIS WHEN DRUNK OR SOBER

BECAUSE THAT WAS THE DRUNK RESPONSE MRS SNARK
SlappyKrust
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 978, implosion wrote:incidentally, i am also of the opinion that speculation about the second nightkill/ghosthammer is silly. I don't think any particular theory is more likely than any other. Vi may have a meta of not including multiple scumteams, but i also think Vi is the kind of mod who would subvert their meta as a mod for the sake of subverting their meta as a mod.
It's not that Vi has a meta of not multiballing, it's that this is a
small
Large game with a Town-punitive mechanic. How many outraged Town players do you want at the end of the game saying your setup was unbalanced?

That's why I think that there is only one mafia team, and that if there is a third party, it might well not be a pure SK. That is irrelevant at this point for figuring out Today's lynch, but it doesn't mean it doesn't merit some discussion, especially when some people have apparently decided that Other Theories mean I make sense as scum, when it should be blindingly obvious that I'm Town. Call me biased, but I want to show why those theories don't make sense. As long as the game isn't subsumed by
that
, it is a worthwhile discussion.

PEdit: I don't give a fig if you're drunk or sober, Matt. You know you have 72 hours for the whole Day. I'm catching up on a lot of Jadework and I'm still here. You're drinking past midnight on a Monday? Not my problem, good for you, etc. Regardless, I want answers to the stances you've presented.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by MattP »

I dont have work tomorrow because I worked on Sinday? Regardles you can check the chat logs to see if you are going to be skeptical about it lol'

I'll go into my thoughts tomorrow, idgaf about 772 hr does, I'm not going to not drink for the next month because of a mafia game
SlappyKrust
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Post by fferyllt »

That flip apparently didn't last long.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by MattP »

Thats not a scumread on you ffery, I crossed out all players that I have a surefire townreed on, I have a townread ony uo and overosul but I'm keeping you on my list of potential scum
SlappyKrust
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 984, MattP wrote:I dont have work tomorrow because I worked on Sinday? Regardles you can check the chat logs to see if you are going to be skeptical about it lol'

I'll go into my thoughts tomorrow, idgaf about 772 hr does, I'm not going to not drink for the next month because of a mafia game
As I said, I don't give a toss about your schedule. I give a very many tosses about you putting out reads, 180ing on them, and then not explaining either the change or the source. The time you put in justifying your behavior could have been put into a few sentences explaining why the reads are changing.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Post by MattP »

You expect me to uote posts that I thought were town while incapacitated? Or give a halfass simplified explanation for reads for you to pick apart becase you thought they werent sufficient? I'd rather just wait until I'm sober, tyvm
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by MattP »

I believe Kat thinks I'm scum, and I believe Kat's self assured attitude is due to him being town and there is a stark constrast between his behavior here and whateevr that game was where he buddied reck and was scum (where epm was a traitor)

happy? you vcan now bully a drunk person on a sloppy justification! [:
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Post by MattP »

buddied fate*
SlappyKrust
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by Tierce »

You were calling me Town yesterday,
when you weren't drunk
. And now you're suddenly incapable of producing that evidence? When I'm drunk, my reasoning may become poorer, but I don't outright forget what caused said reasoning. You were calling me Town yesterday and today, then planted me on the scumpile, then called me Town again. You were comfortable enough with your state that you made these two changes and posted about them, but now you're too far gone to attempt to justify yourself when asked? Including for rationale
before you were drunk
?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 991, Tierce wrote:...

You were calling me Town yesterday,
when you weren't drunk
. And now you're suddenly incapable of producing that evidence? When I'm drunk, my reasoning may become poorer, but I don't outright forget what caused said reasoning. You were calling me Town yesterday and today, then planted me on the scumpile, then called me Town again. You were comfortable enough with your state that you made these two changes and posted about them, but now you're too far gone to attempt to justify yourself when asked? Including for rationale
before you were drunk
?
My read of ou?

I thought you wanted my read on Kat

My read on you, in a ridiculously drnk version is that I had you as a townread all of d1, then waivered when I thougt ffery flipped town, then went back to town when I ralized it was a scum slip, then placed you as a possible scumread because many of my townreads where calling you potential scum/third party, then reaffirmed my townread when you posted recently

And why would I sheep reads? Because I've not been stellar recently at scumhunting so when people were calling you scummy I doubted my ability to successfully read yo
SlappyKrust
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 983, Tierce wrote:
In post 978, implosion wrote:incidentally, i am also of the opinion that speculation about the second nightkill/ghosthammer is silly. I don't think any particular theory is more likely than any other. Vi may have a meta of not including multiple scumteams, but i also think Vi is the kind of mod who would subvert their meta as a mod for the sake of subverting their meta as a mod.
It's not that Vi has a meta of not multiballing, it's that this is a
small
Large game with a Town-punitive mechanic. How many outraged Town players do you want at the end of the game saying your setup was unbalanced?

That's why I think that there is only one mafia team, and that if there is a third party, it might well not be a pure SK. That is irrelevant at this point for figuring out Today's lynch, but it doesn't mean it doesn't merit some discussion, especially when some people have apparently decided that Other Theories mean I make sense as scum, when it should be blindingly obvious that I'm Town. Call me biased, but I want to show why those theories don't make sense. As long as the game isn't subsumed by
that
, it is a worthwhile discussion.
I mean yeah, it's a worthwhile discussion to have, I just don't think it's going to get anywhere.

I think 2:2:11 is perfectly possible to balance, even with the apocalypse mechanic, with the right power roles (beyond that i'd say is unreasonable). In fact, I honestly don't think it would take that much power to balance - 2:2:X isn't that much more scumsided than 3:X+1 or 4:X, considering the possibility of crosskills. Plus, it doesn't even need to be as townsided to be balanced, because there's two scumfactions, so town having a ≈33% win rate is perfectly justifiable, whereas it wouldn't be in a 3:X+1. Yes, there are different theories on what "balanced" means in a multiball, but any of those theories could be in effect if it is a multiball.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I buddy Fate whenever he has a town read, it's not particularly indicative of my alignment?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Post by hp [leaves] »

townies should stop pussying out and put their votes somewhere. anyone who hasn't casted a vote today is a pretty good policy lynch
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Post by implosion »

hp [leaves wrote: post_id=5055925 time=1372151548 user_id=10128 post_num=995]anyone who hasn't casted a vote today is a pretty good policy lynch
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:15 am

Post by Vi »

To...
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:15 am

Post by Vi »

...next...
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:15 am

Post by Vi »

...page...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”