Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:48 am

Post by enomis »

@Syr: What is metastalking?
You say everyone else is town to you. hmm. Care to explain/re-explain why grim is town to me? I seem to recall you having some scumslip on him and turning that later to the town read or smth.
Do rach usually avoid questions syr? Or like don't give reads for her explanation? Cuz all the games i have with her is only her lurking so don't really have her "active meta".

LOL rach. You gotta be better than that.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:55 am

Post by Syryana »

Metastalking is when you click their username then use "Search User's Posts". Then you skim their activity. In multiple instances Rach was posting at least minimal content in other games but not this one. She was therefore actively avoiding this game.
In post 356, Syryana wrote:In the above quotes, you can see both Grim and Candillan are expressing reluctance towards my lynch. There's a decent case against me: the "scumslip", the 180 on Grim, "twisting words to make people look scummy" etc. Both Grim and Cand know what a pain in the butt I can be, both from this game and the previous one. Here they both have a golden opportunity to mislynch me and come off smelling like roses, yet Cand outright refuses to lynch me (though he now has a scumread) and Grim expresses reluctance and doubt since he believes my departure posts were genuine. I do not believe either player would pass up this opportunity to lynch me if they were scum, not when both have fairly ironclad reasons to see me strung up. Therefore, both are town.
My experience with Rach tells me she lurks a lot regardless of alignment. My problem here is her lack of genuine contributions, to put it shortly.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:58 am

Post by RachMarie »

you really see Eno's play as coming from scum? What is the motivation ?
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:59 am

Post by enomis »

Ermm... The posts she post in the game with me are "Have been sick will catch up soon" or " Sharing computer. Will be getting computer soon". And one she didnt even post anything. <-- This counted as minimal content to you?

I agree with the lack of genuine contributions but you are not considering the case of her being sick. Maybe do a more detailed metastalking. And you will find out she isn't doing shit and has no genuine contributions other games too.

About the grim slip thingy, i will go read up abit on that.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:04 am

Post by enomis »

Wait i read up that post, i still don't see any scumslip thingy. If it's the one Homer is talking about, it isn't a scumslip at all. I find it weird that you think a scumslip on you is an actual case when you can't make a scumslip if you are town. What? You are also saying "you twisting words to make other people scummy" is a decent case? So you admit to doing this? WTF were you doing.

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:13 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I'll only be able to post in depth tomorrow. Syryana: I think your vote was better in the place it was.

Enomis: Do you prefer a no lynch over a RachMarie lynch? Keep in mind there's not many active players around. What is your proposed course of action for this daystage?

@mod
: I would also call for a deadline extension. With mothrax we have a flaker here, already since he replaced in, and it's hurting the game at this stage.

RachMarie is scum. Enomis I'm not so sure yet, I can imagine that replacing in like that disables him from getting the general feel RachMarie has been giving us throughout these past weeks.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:16 am

Post by enomis »

In post 855, Grimgroove wrote:I'll only be able to post in depth tomorrow. Syryana: I think your vote was better in the place it was.

Enomis: Do you prefer a no lynch over a RachMarie lynch? Keep in mind there's not many active players around. What is your proposed course of action for this daystage?

@mod
: I would also call for a deadline extension. With mothrax we have a flaker here, already since he replaced in, and it's hurting the game at this stage.

RachMarie is scum. Enomis I'm not so sure yet, I can imagine that replacing in like that disables him from getting the general feel RachMarie has been giving us throughout these past weeks.
I prefer a RachMarie Lynch over no lynch. My proposed course of action is to find scum over the last few days. If we cannot find one, Then i would agree to you random lynch RachMarie.

So now you think Rachmarie is scum because of gut. The one point i can't argue. Great! BTW, do you at least have a case against her for me. =.=....

What do you think about the points i just mentioned about syr.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:21 am

Post by RachMarie »

Grim how about the fact that you and Syr were the only ones on BOTH wagons (before Syr switched over to Eno that is) ?

Obviously I want to see us lynch someone over a NL I think my meta on that point is rather clear....

I really though want to lynch the scummiest person.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:25 am

Post by enomis »

@Rach: You agree that your arguments are superficial. Yet you are using it and not planning to reread/ iso to get more info/revise about the game after such a long break. What are you doing?
What do you think about my points on Syr?

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:30 am

Post by RachMarie »

I think your points on Syr are good ones Eno.

Sorry I have to take a break again and get some more sleep head is aching again :(

The Imodium seems to have worked though.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:37 am

Post by enomis »

Ok. Get soon :wink:

. After you feel better, maybe you could present a better case against Syr or who you think is scummiest after
RE-ISOING
? Because your current case is not cutting it.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:38 am

Post by enomis »

I mean get well soon. :eek:

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 853, enomis wrote:Ermm... The posts she post in the game with me are "Have been sick will catch up soon" or " Sharing computer. Will be getting computer soon". And one she didnt even post anything. <-- This counted as minimal content to you?
No. I'm not allowed to elaborate further since I'm not able to discuss ongoings. You should stop that too. Just go read her sequences of posts, it's there.
In post 854, enomis wrote:Wait i read up that post, i still don't see any scumslip thingy. If it's the one Homer is talking about, it isn't a scumslip at all. I find it weird that you think a scumslip on you is an actual case when you can't make a scumslip if you are town. What? You are also saying "you twisting words to make other people scummy" is a decent case? So you admit to doing this? WTF were you doing.
I said that I understand why other people think it's a scumslip. I also said it wasn't a scumslip.

I have no idea what you're trying to say re: "twisting words".
In post 859, RachMarie wrote:I think your points on Syr are good ones Eno.
:roll:
Why are they good? In fact, what are his points?
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:48 pm

Post by enomis »

I don't understand why other people think it's a scumslip. Mind enlightening me?

Basically, you are saying the case on you which is "Twisting words to make other people scummy" is a decent case.As shown here:
syr wrote:There's a decent case against me: the "scumslip", the 180 on Grim, "twisting words to make people look scummy"
Therefore, if you think it's a decent case, you must be twisting words in some instances? Or are you going to give me "I understand why other people think i am twisting words, but i am not" Argument. It does not work this way bro. Because if you are not twisting words and other people think you are, IT IS NOT A DECENT CASE AT ALL.

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by Edosurist »

VC 2.4

enomis
(1): Syryana
Syryana
(1): RachMarie
RachMarie
(2): Grimgroove, homertve
Not voting
: enomis, Core_H86, mothrax

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

mothrax is being replaced, and you will be insured 4 days from the time I send the role PM to the applicant.
Until the, the deadline remains the same.

Day 2 ends in
(expired on 2013-07-03 12:45:00)
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Post by homertve »

Grim, remember this?
In post 719, Grimgroove wrote:Ok, so I've ISO'd imkingdavid in a glimpse after all. One of the most striking things: ever since his he has completely lost sight of RachMarie, even though she was his main scumread before that. And when I say completely, I do mean completely. The only notable interaction between them is the agreement on hammering LnGrrrR. What else I find strange about this "agreement" is the way it was reached: eventhough imkingdavid claims a clear preference towards lynching Syryana, the plan he suggests to RachMarie seems very contra-intutive given that stance.
I invite everyone to look at their interactions and share their thoughts. One thing about associative tells is that you cans ee them between any two persons if you try hard enough, so I want to hear your thoughts before convincing myself of this actually being something worth delving into.
I went and check it myself. Look at this:
In post 385, imkingdavid wrote: I am considering placing Rach at L-1 tomorrow. Or if someone else beats me to it, I will consider hammering a little closer to deadline.
However, after that, although mentioning her on a few occasions, David had dropped the idea of hammering her and never talked about it again. Add that to enomis's bluntly defense on Rach, and you get a very suspicious picture on both of them.

enomis, I'm really trying to figure you out. I'm trying to give you town-points but it seems that the only thing that you "see" here is Rach's pain and how it's difficult for her. I really sympathize her condition but from this game PoV it seems she is not even trying. Maybe she's town, I don't know, but even if she is, she doesn't play for her win condition, she isn't helping town and she only started posting some content after you entered the game (ie, in the last couple of days).

I want to add one more thing about you, enomis. I really have a feeling that you didn't read throughout all these thirty-something pages. Maybe you skimmed through, but you didn't read every single word. Am I wrong here?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 857, RachMarie wrote:Grim how about the fact that you and Syr were the only ones on BOTH wagons (before Syr switched over to Eno that is) ?
That's 50% hypocrisy (you were on LnGrrrR's wagon as well) and 50% OMGUS (you're voting me so you're scum). This is not a case.

Actually, you've been promising a VCA and study of the LnGrrrR lynch. Since I don't see this coming any time soon, could you re-iterate your reasons for being okay with an LnGrrrR lynch, aside from not wanting a No Lynch?
I really though want to lynch the scummiest person.
Self-voting is frowned upon, but be my guest.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

@Homertve: Indeed, it is growing ever more likely this is the case.
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:12 am

Post by Core_H86 »

rach is a lurker and bland in her arguments but enomis' adaments only draw my suspicions post 856 was rather unassuring, scum would hammer a partner regardless,
eno's has a closed and targeted mind on syrana, considering the play with rach and his insistence to get rach to throw out a read on syrana i get the sense of a partnership wether it's onesided or not.
I see scum motivation in the direction of his play
1 stop the lynch of a lurker at L1 get a little town cred and a buddy
2jump to the closest band wagon (syrana)and push it to the lynch
In post 852, RachMarie wrote:you really see Eno's play as coming from scum? What is the motivation ?
yes

if you know your town you don't know his alignment why would you trust him to snuggle up in your blindspot
eno screams scum to me
and if he flips town i know tomorrow syrana is scum
vote enomis
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:32 am

Post by enomis »

@homer: Yep, i only skimmed from page 26 onwards.
So what you are basically saying is that you are lynching her for lurking, which is a fking random lynch. WE ARE HERE TO LYNCH SCUM, NOT LURKER. Sure if you can't find scum, and it is near to the deadline, i can agree to lynching an anti-town player. But this isn't the case. 3 or 4 person just shut their mind and tunnel on Rach for lurking which she had a valid reason for. I am not saying she can't be scum. There are one point like superficial argument which i agree with. But, this sort of random lynch will just lose us the game. Period.

@core: Where to you get i have a closed and targetted mind on syr? I am waiting for syr to answer my questions. yes or no? I am waiting for him to give me an answer and then i am gonna judge whether he is town. Do you see me screaming syr is scum!syr is scum?

You see scum motivation. You can't see town motivation?
1. Stop a random lurker lynch.
2. Try to figure out if syr is scum.

Judging from your argument, it seems that you have syr peg as town. Why is that?

No. If i flip town, syr may not be scum. Because i haven't decided whether he is scum. And his vote on me is trolling/reaction-testing.

So now you think Rach is town since i am defending her to get town cred. Am i right? Why did you think her scum in the first place that it could be so easily reversible by me defending Rach.
Now tell me why syr is town.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:39 am

Post by enomis »

@Grim: You just ignored my post about syr.

Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:42 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Sorry. Which one?
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:44 am

Post by Core_H86 »

I didnt say rach or syr are town, you three are currently my triangle of scum but you are the scumiest and one of the other is town so
your twisting certain speculations i had and avoiding the logic that seems kinda scummy
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:50 am

Post by enomis »

@grim:
The thing about syr scumslip.

@Core: No this can't be it. Look. You say i am scum for jumping on to the second bandwagon.(this only applies if syr is town.) and i am scum for defending the heck out of Rach to earn townpoints.(again this only applies if Rach is town). So you are saying i am scum for defending town and voting town. If Rach or Syr is scum, how would your logic work?

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:54 am

Post by enomis »

Who is the one of the other town in your scum triangle. How can one be town yet be in your scum triangle?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”