Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 967, Majiffy wrote:I can explain Rach fully, thank you, along with Syryana.
Do it, then.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Far too intoxicated; will deal with tomorrow.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:15 pm

Post by Edosurist »

VC 2.7

Grimgroove
(1): Majiffy
enomis
(2): Syryana, Core_H86
Syryana
(1): RachMarie
RachMarie
(2): Grimgroove, homertve
Not voting
: enomis

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 2 ends in
(expired on 2013-07-04 11:37:00)
Last edited by Edosurist on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:02 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

1 day before the deadline and all we get from activity is an abusive drunkard's ramblings? Seriously? :?
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

In post 973, enomis wrote:
In post 955, Core_H86 wrote:had you said grim was leaning scum and not rach i could have believed you were town giving honest reads but these reads are ment to be leading. You have been pleading rachtown all game, single-mindedly attached to syr and homer lands up there because you didn't like the negative attention he put on you
Are you reading the game?

@Grim:
You think i put you town for driving the same wagon as homer?

@Rach:
What part of me makes you think i am a newb town?
why are you asking random people, who you do not know their alignment opinions of yourself??
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:10 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

You should vote RachMarie Core_H86. I realise it sounds very arrogant to be telling you what to do, but we are very close to the deadline, and she's disappearing under the radar again, even though she's omnipresent in the participants' scumreads. This ain't right.
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

1 day left i will go with a rach lynch but prefer enomis--side note i'd lynch majiffy just to see the dick die
MAJIFFY=douche
now that's^ in real life game play hard to tell

preview edit will do i have tommorrow off if need be i'll switch to rach- hang enomis!!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

enomis, you will definitely have to reply to before deadline ends, or I might just join Core and Syryana.

homertve, what is your view on the latest developments?
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:10 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

1 day left any pushers?
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:16 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

^sorry made the scum nervous
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Post by homertve »

I think I don't like any of it.

When I joined MS, I did it to have fun. People like Majiffy is taking the fun out of the game, and although I don't like his game style, I don't think he's scum. I might be wrong here, though. When I'm looking at that slot it is very difficult to have a serious read due to all the people that came by and play that slot (Ravenpaw -> Bane -> mothrax -> Majiffy). I didn't like the way mothrax was dodging when she had that slot, but I didn't see it coming from a scum PoV.

About enomis - Again, it's hard to say if it's coming from a town PoV or a scum PoV. I don't like the fact that he didn't read the whole game (and BTW, Majiffy at least gives me the feeling he
did
read the whole game) and I don't like the way he keeps saying Rach's game is the same in other games and the way he keeps defending her. True, he is trying to ask questions, but it doesn't seem like genuine attempt to scumhunt. It seems as though he's trying to get some town points by appearing like he's scum hunting. Do you get what I mean?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:19 am

Post by enomis »

Seems like reaction testing is over. I will out what i am thinking about each player now.

Grimgroove: I would say part of why I am townreading Grim is gut. The other is that he seems to be really trying to scumhunt, bringing the game out of it's stale state and he seems to believe in his argument. I find that people who seems to believe in their argument are usually town.

But i am not liking some of his posts. They seems abit hesistant like wanting to avoid having a scumread of himself.
This is one of the latest example:
"You should vote RachMarie Core_H86. I realise it sounds very arrogant to be telling you what to do,"
The part where he say it sounds arrogant to make him saying core should vote rachmarie seems like trying to put his persuasion a little weaker so that if Rach flips town, other people won't say he is scum for strongly pushing the wagon and strongly persuading other people to vote rach. However, if Rach flips scum, i think there's no way he is scum.

Therefore, my read of him is only null-town.

Syryana:I am like totally not liking this slot. His reversal on the "scumslip" thingy looks very forced. And he says other people for having scumslips and him"twisting words" is a decent case. Furthermore, he leaves his vote on me starting as a reaction and trolling vote? I can understand that. Then after he say i failed his reaction test badly, he didn't even bother to push my wagon, go back to rach wagon or question me further, he just leaves his vote on me like leaving there for fun. This is very scummy. He seems to be content just sitting back and just add posts here and there.

Read:Scummy.

RachMarie:I probably said all i wanted on this slot. I came in and see people lynching her for lurking when she's sick. Then she just post a few things like" I think your points are good eno" without any followup or explanation which feels like she is just agreeing with me for the saek of agreeing. But i could totally see her slot as town also. She's been away from this game for quite a long time. Therefore her reads are haywired, don't really have a feel on this game anymore. Therefore when she sees a townread, she just sheeps his reasoning.

Although i said that she is leaning scum, i will be like totally no surprised at all if she flips town. This is honestly the first time I have no expectant/prediction of what a person will flip. If you ask me to pick one, i think will just pick scum.

Core_H86: This guy i don't know what to say about him. When i vote him for his weak logic and case which is contradicting, he just freaked out and slowly labeled me as scum for non-existant reasons. Like this:
In post 955, Core_H86 wrote:had you said grim was leaning scum and not rach i could have believed you were town giving honest reads but these reads are ment to be leading. You have been pleading rachtown all game, single-mindedly attached to syr and homer lands up there because you didn't like the negative attention he put on you
Point 1: I have been pleading rachtown all game which is not true at all because i am defending her all game just saying the wagon's case on her is bad. I have even said i had her leaning scum.
Point 2: Single-mindedly attached to syr. Did i do that? Although i used syr as a focal point to discuss, i tried to provoke other people's thoughts about them and judge their reaction. I also attacked other people.
Point 3: vote homer because he put negative attention. This is even more ridiculous. Homer is not the only one who put negative attention on me. IIRC, few people have also said i am scum and put negative attention on him. In fact, i don't even see the way homer is speaking which puts negative attention on me when he doesn't know what to think of me.

I am thinking this is paranoid scum?
But i think i can see his town-mindedness: Like he just take two person, syr and me, then use gut to determine which is more scummy. Once he determine me more scummy, he used his case of if syr is town i am scum case to push me although he refuses to admit that he thinks syr is scum because he is indirectly implying that syr is town.
Also, the post where i say he is scummy for labeling me as scum, i could see him as"omg, what is this guy's read list,his read list is shit, he put grim leaning town when he was attacking him"This guy must be scum that sort of idea. And"He keeps talking about syr's scummy point and ask other people's opinion about them, he keep persuading people to go on syr's wagon who is "the second most possible wagon". and directing it away from the leading wagon"rach". Therefore he must be scum.

As wrong and as weak as his argument can be, i can see town's pov from his view.

Therefore, i think he is null-town.

homertve: This is a more complicated one. He said he didn't find my examples convincing which he must have looked into them. But the problem is if he looked into them and since he think rach posted game-related post(from after i have him as scummy) both games, he must have noticed something very obv.

@Homer: Did you or did you not see Rach's flip in one of the game where she is lynched. That is all i will say. I can't really discuss about ongoing game so let's just call this point gut.

The fact that his vote is on Rach and he doesn't seem to believe that Rach is scum. I know he is saying rach is scum and suspicious blah blah blah, but looking at the way he post about Rach, i can't say he believe in his case like grim do. However some recent post of him seems townie.
Like this:
homertve wrote:Do you get what I mean?
Seems like he caught onto something that he thinks is scummy about me but can't really explain it well. Therefore, this is a "little bit" of frustrated tone that hopes everyone gets what he is talking about and feel that same. This is townie to me.

Overall, i will believe my feel of his townie posts on this now. Since, we can't really discuss about ongoing games and he may have some pov that i can't see because we can't discuss about the game.

Majiffy: I am quite tired now. Typing all this in one sitting. I will just say that he is still quite null for me now. I can't quite get a feel of him.

I don't want to split the votes even further and i don't think the syr wagon will get enough support today, i will just
VOTE: RachMarie

This is
L1

Rach you gotta claim.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

18 hours left. And look at this activity. Unbelievable.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:32 pm

Post by Edosurist »

VC 2.8

Grimgroove
(1): Majiffy
enomis
(2): Syryana, Core_H86
Syryana
(1): RachMarie
RachMarie
(3): Grimgroove, homertve, enomis

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 2 ends in
(expired on 2013-07-04 11:37:00)
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

Grimgroove: town
enomis scum
Syryana: questionable motives
RachMarie: constant lurker
Majiffy: to much of a dick to be scum, scum would have more of a filter than that
homertve: town play

so back to my triangle

if enomis = scum rach=scum syrana =town
if enomis = town syrana=scum rach /=/ town

if rach=town syrana /may or may not/ = scum enomis =scum
if rach=scum enomis = scum syrana =town

if syrana = scum enomis = town rach =town
if syrana = town enomis =scum rach /=/ scum

imo an enomis lynch wether mis or not gives the most info and his play has been significantly scummy
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Post by enomis »

Not to be mean or rude but your triangle Is really terrible. The fact that i flip town does not mean rach is town. And i flip scum = rach scum? Not to mention you are saying I am scum because no matter what rach flips I am still scum. Lol. I can at leaat understand the town v scum pov btw me and syr. But do think a town v town btw me and syr is possible?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

talk more about it tomorrow d3 cuz it seems like it's going to be a rach lynch today
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

the /=/ means may or not
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Post by homertve »

Rach, where are you?
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Post by homertve »

In post 986, enomis wrote:@Homer: Did you or did you not see Rach's flip in one of the game where she is lynched. That is all i will say. I can't really discuss about ongoing game so let's just call this point gut.
I did see one of those flips.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

10 hours.
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Post by homertve »

You see, enomis? This is exactly what she did two weeks (or so) ago. She was in L-1 and didn't say anything. She is doing the same right now.

If she doesn't show up in the next 6-7 hours, someone should hammer.
Core_H86
Core_H86
Goon
Core_H86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Post by Core_H86 »

rach i am exspressing intent to hammer claim if you care
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:27 am

Post by homertve »

BTW, Rach is posting everywhere on this site in the last 24 hours. She's just ignoring this game. Again, just like before.

6 hours.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:48 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 998, homertve wrote:BTW, Rach is posting everywhere on this site in the last 24 hours. She's just ignoring this game. Again, just like before.

6 hours.
²

Just lynch her, it's pointless stalling.
Even if she does claim cop or something, there's no point in trying to get another wagon going with so little time left and so few people online.
No lynch is truly the worst thing that could happen right now, so yes, I'd say post should be a hammer.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”