Goon
Radioactive Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by Radioactive Wolf »

Seriously

I'm not

Sajin's not scummy and shaboo is null at best.

If you're so worked up about non-interaction, why aren't you going after Toogeloo?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 1.9

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

PhDScar (4): inte, Toogeloo, Lady Lambdadelta, Blue Bonnet
Sajin (2): hitogoroshi, DTMaster
shaboostein (1): PhDScar
inte (1): kanyeknowsbest

Not Voting (5): Symphony, shaboostein, Radioactive Wolf, Dry-fit, Sajin

Deadline is July 12th, 2013, at 2:00am EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2013-07-12 01:00:00)

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:26 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Wolf
Tooge? First he's V/LA for the holidays. Secondly he's focusing on pHD/Kayne/Hito for a while because that's the natural flow of the conversation. Why does Tooge get a better read (i.e. for you a pass over Shaboo/Sajin/BB) because BB is using my "flip flopping on Sajin/Shaboo" against me. BB want's to push a case on me - therefore my push on Sajin/Shaboo is anti-town/busing/etc. My interaction and my posting with these two players allow for him to analyze me. But he doesn't. He wants to rope me, but honestly if there's a fault to my push (and it's as weak as you say it but some how reasonable at the same time) then I'd expect town BB to actively push against me using the very cases I'm making as ammo against me.

Tooge I have no issue with other than his Kayne read. I disagree with his scum assessment as I read his style as anti-town town. He doesn't. In terms of Tooge's pHD read I agreed with him early on (read my early catch up post) on pHD but reversed my position after his V/LA status update. I reversed my pHD scum read due to this post:
In post 178, PhDScar wrote:
In post 176, DTMaster wrote:@pHD
1. Not quite a slip. Reread BB. The timing is right (after Dry-fit votes Symph) and reads as a multi post stream of concisousness post. See the triple post and comments - BB's clarification is actually solid with context looked at.
Yeah I see it.
@BB I apologize.
Why? I'm reading frustrated townie. How? pHD is frustrated that people are not
explaining their reads
which reads as a town slip in my mind. How so? I don't see
why would a scum player be frustrated with a lack of read explanations
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Oops wrong quote. I meant this one. Clicked the wrong one >>. This is the town slip quote that I see.
In post 179, PhDScar wrote:Radioactive wolf, Sajin and BB, what is with people in this game declaring someone is scum or town but not actually backing it up?
Blue Bonnet
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by Blue Bonnet »

He's not frustrated, he's using it as an excuse to votepark.

Hmm, what's that noise? Not fireworks, it sounds to me like a.....

That's hardly bitching and that's easily faked by scum. You should know that, silly scum.

~Homer Simpson~
Blue Bonnet
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by Blue Bonnet »

Fk those last 2 lines should be swapped
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by DTMaster »

BB. Give me a meta analysis that PhDScar has faked pro-town frustration as scum before then I would entertain your notion of potential play versus actual records.
Blue Bonnet
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by Blue Bonnet »

Meta is a waste of time

People mix their metas intentionally to not be meta'd

It's better to judge based on what is here

and what we have here is scum

~Flanders~
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by DTMaster »

And what we have here is a
frustrated reaction
that I read as pro-town.
Symphony
Symphony
Townie
Symphony
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by Symphony »

In post 241, DTMaster wrote:@Symphony
1. Why would you suspect Jermeylu of faking his V/LA? Does he have a track record of it? Have you encountered this in other games?
No, as far as I know he doesnt. I have never played with him, I just assumed that may be something he could/ would do.
shaboostein
shaboostein
Townie
shaboostein
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Post by shaboostein »

@DTM

I have no idea how I missed your "attack". My bad.

When I quoted Toog's post and said "^ This" it wasn't because I was agreeing with his scum allegation. I just wanted to know PhD's intentions. I later said that I didn't think phd was scum, and I still don't. I do feel like his case on me is a little weird though, or rather the circumstances around it. Like he was desperately looking for someone to shift focus on.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Symphony

@Shaboo
Wait. You wanted pHD's intentions by quoting Tooge and saying: "^ This" because this gets pHD to react how? You already had interpreted pHD's vote on Jeremy to be null because he wanted that slot replaced after - like you said you didn't think he was scum. So I fail to see how you were pulling a reaction from pHD. As for his case on you - circumstances are off I give you that since it's after people were attacking him on his vote on BB but legitimately BB stonewalled pHD to where he was asked to explain himself by Hito. This wouldn't be an issue if what pHD said about BB's lack of explanation wasn't true.

As for content do you agree/disagree? I find it odd you don't address that pHD said you weren't trying hard (or fluff posting) nor do you address the argument about deflecting with playstyle.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Sorry explain himself to Hito. Bad word choice.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Was true. Man I'm having a brain fart with words. I mean that pHD's assessment of a lack of explanations was true with regards to the stone wall.
shaboostein
shaboostein
Townie
shaboostein
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Post by shaboostein »

I said jeremylu's slot was null. That wasn't me reacting to phd's vote, but the v/la. I wasn't sure what to make of phd's vote. It seemed like toog had asked a question about ph's intentions, so I quoted it, seeing how I had the same questions in mind. It was simply to say "I too want to know" to phd.

The lack of posting is due to irl stuff which should clear up soon. And what do you mean "deflect with playstyle". Are you speaking about the instances where I was asked about what I was doing and justified it with saying "that's how I play"? Because I'm not sure how else to answer those questions.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Wow, Sajin literally just unvoted me without a word instead of answering my question about the most compelling reason I'm scum. Hey everyone, this is sort of an important thing to notice.
In post 254, Blue Bonnet wrote:He's not frustrated, he's using it as an excuse to votepark.
You think scum looking for an excuse to votepark would turn around and move their vote the first time a random townie asks them to? You think someone looking for an excuse to votepark would write post 160? Nah man. He had one smelly smelly post that suggests he's Peter Parker but the rest of his posts flow in the opposite direction. It takes a lot of tunneling on 195 and ignoring of everything else to call PhD someone trying their hardest to votepark.
In post 231, DTMaster wrote: However Hito dug up the original meta read which is a strong town tell.
No, Dry-Fit did the meta read. I only brought it up to point out to Radioactive Wolf that Dry-Fit's unvote was not "hypocrisy". Although I see from RW's clarification that he just meant that Dry-Fit himself didn't revote.

All you not voting kids need to fix the fuck outta that. Preferably by voting Sajin.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
PhDScar
PhDScar
Goon
PhDScar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:15 am

Post by PhDScar »

In post 257, Blue Bonnet wrote:Meta is a waste of time

People mix their metas intentionally to not be meta'd

~Flanders~
Because you know I have such a long history of games (2 both only reaching day 2) and I have the experience/skill to purposely muddle my meta.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Blue Bonnet
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:53 am

Post by Blue Bonnet »

It doesn't take skill, bro. You think I'm skilled? Lololol.
Yeah, Doctor Scum team confirmed. Lynch these scum butts.

~Pocahontas~
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:52 am

Post by inte »

All this fucking noise is annoying. I've been trying to read these posts but they make my head hurt.
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:34 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Skimmed through the stuff I missed.

@DTMaster, I think you are railroading against Sajin hard, but the only argument I saw was that Sajin didn't read the rules?
@Blue Bonnet, What is your case on DTMaster again? I actually rather like his activity so far.

I currently have no interest in lynching the following people:
Lady Lambdadelta
inte
hitogoroshi
DTMaster
Radioactive Wolf
Blue Bonnet

I generally deal with little angels and devils on my shoulder this early, and with the exception of Wolf, the little angel prohibits me from wanting those lynches. Lady's push on Wolf is what makes me like her. inte's early reciprocation of my feelings was enough for me to at least like him enough to unvote him. hito and DTMaster are both very active with well thought reasonings in their posts, so good people. Wolf is confirmed. Blue Bonnet is pretty much just gut.

@DTMaster, my read on kanye is essentially the same as yours. I feel his posting is coming off the cuff, which I feel is something more likely to come from a townie. My sentiment was that he posts a lot of things that come off scummy and anti-town, and he asked me to go back and cite examples. Those examples were not me building a case on him, and I had no intention of even mentioning them because I wasn't even looking at kanye. The whole thing was spurred by hito saying that I should think kanye is scum and not BB being town from the comments that kanye had made, and I had to explain the reasoning which kanye got all inflamed about. Suffice to say, there are plenty of people I'd rather lynch before kanye, but if he got lynched, I wouldn't be upset either.

I'd like to understand more about the Sajin lynch. I'd like to understand the case better if someone can explain it. I like both voters there currently since they are probably the two most active players in the game, and they make a lot of sense in the things they post. I'm still down for lynching PhD as well, but despite liking the people on the lynch with me, something else is giving me pause (I'll explain it later if need be, but not now).

No real read on Symphony or shaboo yet either, but I believe I remember seeing someone (or multiple someones) lumping them together a lot.

PC->X
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:49 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Shaboo
1. ... so to get to the final point, why didn't you question pHD if you wanted to get to know him? I find your method to point out Tooge's quote to be a bit contradictory if that was the goal since there wasn't a push on your end. As well contradictory with the follow-up read that commented on pHD's earlier play. While I can see that you were drawing attention to it - I just don't get the mindset of why you wouldn't just use direct questions/methods to ascertain your own read on pHD (as you already concluded afterwards).

2. As for the playstyle issue yes it's regards to pHD case on you where he's suggesting that you're only defending your own playstyle rather than commenting on other things in the game. To justify how you play, can you link to some games that show this history. I think that would be sufficient to allow us to make a meta call on you since this is a meta defence.

@BB
1. Respond to Hito's query. He brings up an interesting point about pHD's 160

@Hito
1. Oh whoops. Went back, double checked, Dry-fit did the read.

@Inte
1. Yes. But there are nuggets here. We need more input but we have some polarizing pushes and there are nuggets of infos here.

@Tooge (Preview Edit)
1. Yes except Sajin said he did and he is questioning people with role-alignment calls when he says he read the rules (hence scum argument). This is a contradiction in logic made by Sajin because he was asking Hito hypothetical questions about lynch setups due to roles/etc. If Sajin read the rules, he would know that alignments are independent from the draft rather than a pre-defined setup within the role drafts. Yet he asked questions and make like (in green):
In post 95, Sajin wrote:
In post 67, hitogoroshi wrote:Hi cats and kittens.

It's a damn shame alignments were only given after the draft. Yeah, Sister Mary doesn't work with alignments before draft, but I love having the draft as a scumhunting tool, and instead it's worthless.

On the other hand though, it does mean that the scumteam might have shitty, unsynergistic powers, which would be excellent.

This post really bugs me:
In post 54, Sajin wrote:
Vote: jeremylu

Because your reason for voting is wrong. Did you read the draft?
Yes - draft is alignment independent. So why the vote? He made an objective mistake in interpretation, but why on earth would this make him more likely to be scum?

Vote: Sajin
@Hito: Welcome to the game.

Draft was alignment independent but his/your vote was after draft. Your predecessor clearly did not pay full attention to the draft because he identified the wrong person with his stated reasoning. I was also trying to identify if he did not like the person or the role with my question. I think pressuring a BP pick solely because of the role is scummy because kills are only scum based (there are no vigs in the setup, only SK and mafia) and certainly worth a vote. I think the excessive VLA is null though, people do VLAs for lots of reasons. Do you disagree with my logic here?

I still want to ask you the follow up question I was going to ask him: How much if any should role be a factor for lynching in smalltown?
In post 159, Sajin wrote:@Hito You skirted by my question.
How much should role be a factor for lynching in a smalltown game? Let me add a question: If BP is anti scum what are the most anti town roles in this setup, in your opinion?
In post 225, Sajin wrote:@DTM: I see no questions asked of me in that post. Did I miss the questions? And I assume I understand the draft rules.
The only person who voted based on purely role was jermey/hito and I assume he had his alignment at that point when he voted.
Vote was pressure to get answers on it.
What's a great way to introduce noise into the game to get the town offtopic from scum hunting? Discuss how role plays an effect on lynch priority in a predefined smalltown game - i.e. Let's have a mafiascum discussion thread this game.

Mod: Gonna be V/LA till Sunday due to 2 birthdays today and tomorrow and lab work busyness. Just letting you know
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:50 am

Post by DTMaster »

Oh Tooge. I was probably the one who linked Symphony-Shaboo - since I did so earlier in the game in my first catchup post/around that time.
PhDScar
PhDScar
Goon
PhDScar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by PhDScar »

In post 267, Blue Bonnet wrote:It doesn't take skill, bro. You think I'm skilled? Lololol.
Yeah, Doctor Scum team confirmed. Lynch these scum butts.

~Pocahontas~
My meta is not the first one to be brought up this game. Why is it the only you're complaining about. I feel like if your complaints about were authentic you would speak out when other peoples meta's are used. In fact you even use meta as a way to defend another player.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:00 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Sorry I haven't been able to post I've been having computer problems.
In post 234, Symphony wrote:I just considered that maybe he was faking the V/LA.
Really this just isn't something that happens.

Right now my top suspect is Shaboostein.
hitogoroshi wrote:Wow, Sajin literally just unvoted me without a word instead of answering my question about the most compelling reason I'm scum. Hey everyone, this is sort of an important thing to notice.
I'm down with this. Not answering questions is scummy, and though a lot of players have done it this game, Sajin is someone I would expect to be on top of things and the timing of the unvote does make it seem off.
Vote: Sajin.

Second scumread is Shaboostein. Hasn't made any serious vote yet despite saying a player(inte) did something scummy. Has only been defensive responding to DTM's case rather than making a case of his own. I know he said he likes to be convinced before placing a vote but it feels to me more like he's trying to stay in the background.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Blue Bonnet
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:01 am

Post by Blue Bonnet »

Uhh. This is our first game, guy. We don't have meta.
You're the only one that actually used meta to defend yourself, IIRC.
Scum. Gotta catch 'em all.

~Ash Ketchum~

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”