Newbie 295: Mafia own the town!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:21 am

Post by MeMe »

"Count"
:

Everyone
(0):
No one

Three...it's a lynching number.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:35 am

Post by IH »

..... = |

There are now two possibilities at the moment(for me at least).

PerXMiyu

BertrandXBigAl

Rereading to see if I can confirm this.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:32 am

Post by Miyu »

Wait, what? Per and germy died as townies. I keep forgetting that here you submit
a
name; and not a
list
of names.

I must applaud the Mafia; they killed someone else to throw suspicion towards me. Then they got lucky with who I chose to investigate. I couldn't of investigated Per, because he was lynched. I attempted to investigate germy, but he died. I chose to investiage germy, because he was the only one who kept his vote on me after I role claimed.

I am not sure about what you are trying to say IH.
Hi.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by bigAl »

Oh, d'oh sorry, I forgot that Per was killed testerday, I think that I was confusing him with kaos. I think IH might have been doing the same thing.

It may or may not be total coincidence that the person that you investigated is also the person that was killed. After all, (assuming miyu is not scum) if the mafia were to choose someone to kill, it would be ideal to pick the person that was most likely to be investigated. This basically negates the investigation from last night, since the role is revealed in the morning anyway. Though it's also a convinient person to "investigate" if miyu is scum.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by IH »

EBWOP:Yes. That should be Kaos. = \

Miyu, who did you investigate last night? Kaos?
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by bigAl »

IH wrote:Miyu, who did you investigate last night? Kaos?
Miyu wrote:I chose to investiage germy
kaos
kaos
Townie
kaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:20 pm

Post by kaos »

"Investigating" the person who was killed would be an obvious choice for a scum claiming cop, as then they wouldn't have to provide any new info, as they wouldn't know any (and couldn't get caught out for lying).
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Miyu »

All very good points; but false none the less. I chose to investigate germy for reasons stated above.
Hi.
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by bertrand »

bigal's 196 and 203 seem very protown to me.

My random speculative guess is IH and kaos.

I can't really get a good read on kaos, but 206 doesn't sit well with me.

Fos kaos
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by IH »

Miyu wrote:While I agree a speedy lynching is bad for the first page, I also think that a lynching needs to occur if possible.

The only people I want lynched are the mafia. If we lynch townies quickly, then we will be setting ourselves up for destruction. Quickly rushing for a lynch is always a bad sign. My vote was purely for discussionary purposes.

Per makes me think Mafia, but it could just be inexperience.
= | I don't like this post at all. It feels to... wishy washy for my taste. "It's bad, but it's gotta happen. I only want scum lynched!"

bad vibe, though I kinda wanted to cut her some slack at the beginning, because I had a lot of posts like this one in my first game. It was like... walking on eggshells I thought, but it's clearly not. = )
Kaos right after two people had said this same exact thing wrote:It seems a bit unusual that you keep following people Per.
= |
Bertrand wrote:IGMEOY: Miyu, if Per comes up town. He's an easy target at this point, and it seems very convenient of you to lurk for a while and then place a vote for preveously stated reasons.
Your thoughts now?
Miyu wrote:Ahh; I see. Everyone needs to keep their eye on everyone else. Usually people die when they get too trusting and take their eye off of someone. I know.. it is happening to me right now in another game. I took my eye off of someone for a moment and had it in another direction. So they took the opportunity to attack me.

I understand the concept of placing a vote on your teammate to avoid suspicion. But I don't like that. So far in my game playing experience; the two times which I was on the 'evil' side; I only once placed a vote on my teammate. That was only because my teammate said that it was okay; and that if I didn't the Suspicious Eye would be turned in my direction. They only said it was okay; because they were already way past having a majority vote on themselves.
Here's another post, trying to appear as town as possible. "Everyone needs to keep their eye on everyone else", then she suddenly goes on a tangent about bussing. = /
Germy wrote:I voted Miyu not because I found her to be specifically suspicious, but because I wanted to find out what the reactions of other players would be. Bertrand's, actually. I expected a particular play that I would normally interpret as scummy, and it did not occur.

However, something else did. Vote: kaos.

Despite being new, I think he is purposefully lurking. He defended my vote against Miyu, despite no defense to be had. I interpreted this as scum seeing a chance to lay the groundwork against a townie. He saw my vote, and bertrand's leanings, yet does not want to place a second vote on Miyu. At least, not yet.

My thoughts right now: Miyu and bertrand more likely Town. More suspicious of kaos.
Please look closely at the above post

Post 99, Miyu defends herself by saying that's how she plays the game. = / I'm always wary of people trying to defend themselves over their playstyle...
Kaos wrote:I guess Per's comment could be seen as that of a power role, but we shouldn't force him to address it, I'm pretty sure that could only be bad for the town, especially if he is a doctor.
Fishfishfish.

Pheh, he then tries to explain it away by saying it's meaningless. When I told him it WASN'T meaningless, he agreed, and it kind of dissapated....

FoS:Kaos

Miyu wrote:Thanks for adding a deadline MeMe; hopefully it will light a fire under people.

Even if we get a lynch, odds are not exactly in our favor.

*shrug*

I don't care if you vote for me. I'm tired of defending myself. IH, you remind me of another player. He is 98 percent of the time evil, but is always helping out the townies as his cover story.
1.Thanks the mod for a deadline (?)
2.Subtly discredits me after string of posts between the newbies.

Post 147 tries to rectify the discrediting, but I'm not convinced.
Miyu wrote:Umm, germy; you need to unvote kaos before you vote for me.

IH, if I roleclaimed now; I would be naming myself a hypocrite. That was mainly my reason for voting against Per. Even if it might save myself, I don't think I will do it. Because if I did, I am sure everyone would come down on me.

germy, people were attacking my playing style, and Per was saying there was no proof as to my claims; so I provided proof. If someone is going to attack me regardless of the subject which they are attacking me on, I will defend myself.

Frankly, it doesn't matter what I say; I will be attacked, and thought of as scummy. While the real scum hide in the shadows. So I could care less if ya'all vote for me, I am tired of being attacked. Sorry townies.
Relcutance to claim. Laments people attacking her on her "playstyle" while the "scum lurk in the shadows".

Post 170 I see some scummy things from Kaos. The statement he doesn't want to bring attention to himself. He didn't post for a while until
this

Exactly.

vote Per

I think he's probably out best choice today.. but kaos' lack of being here annoys me.
Which makes me think he was purposefully lurking.

Post 176, Kaos uses process of elimination, saying he believes Germy and Bertrand are the most suspicious.
I also don't like this part of the post.
Kaos wrote:As for why you shouldn't lynch me, I think the main reason for my lynching is my lack of posting and good points, but I don't think any of you have given major reason for me being suspicious (if you have can you please point them out, thanks). So it is either a matter of lynching lurkers or suspicious people. I think its more beneficial for the town to get rid of scummy players. Both times you're risking lynching a townie, but one time you have more chance of getting a hit.
Per wrote:Looking at my post, my reasons for voting Bertrand don't seem all the obvious, so here they are:

-
The thing I explained in my previous post (giving reasons to vote others while voting for someone without giving reasons for that)

- Inactivity (4 posts in 14 days) which is not enough for voting by itself, but it does add up. I didn't explicitly state this in my previous post.
Important reason bolded by me. Bertrand did explain his reasoning, but.... It is a very good point that Per had brought up.

SUMMARY
Al-Towniest
Miyu-scummy, offset by cop claim. Under closer inspection tomorrow.
Bertrand-Townish. Few offset vibes, not much though.
Kaos-Scumscumscum

I'm confident in this, when I
vote:Kaos
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Post by bigAl »

So much for not voting until getting the town into more of an agreement. :(

If Kaos isn't quick lynched, then one or more of {IH, kaos} is scum. I'll have to look through IH's analysis in the morning. Not very happy about this at the moment.
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:57 pm

Post by Miyu »

*sigh*

What is bussing?
I could quote your quotes; but I don't particularly feel like it; I am tired.
This gives me a headache. As I stated previously; my playing style was being attacked; there fore I defended myself against it.
You and others have already established that you find my actions/posts wishy-washy. Yes I thanked the mod for deadlining; we we getting nowhere fast. I was merely comparing you with another player which I know. I was offering up a suggestion.. whether subtle or not. I am always reluctant to claim; when I don't have a clear picture of who is innocent/townie or evil/scum. Especially when it comes to claiming publicly, when I have an important innocent role.

I'll try to respond more tomorrow; but it is bed time.
Hi.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:21 am

Post by IH »

Sorry Al, I'm just confident enough to vote for Kaos at the moment. I'm pretty sure that KaosXBertrand/Miyu is scum.
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:11 am

Post by bertrand »

Miyu claimed cop and I'm inclined to believe her as there was a high risk of counterclaim.
kaos
kaos
Townie
kaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by kaos »

Seeing as how I'm sure I'm not scum, IH probably would have to be, or else I'd be dead right now (seeing as how everyone has seen the vote).

Fos: IH
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by bigAl »

kaos wrote:Seeing as how I'm sure I'm not scum, IH probably would have to be, or else I'd be dead right now (seeing as how everyone has seen the vote).

This seems like a good response. I'd of been tempted to just jump right back and vote IH in that situation, were I kaos. *adds a protown point to kaos.*
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by IH »

Kaos wrote:Seeing as how I'm sure I'm not scum, IH probably would have to be, or else I'd be dead right now (seeing as how everyone has seen the vote).

Seeing as how I'm not sure you're scum, it can also be said that since everyone else has seen the vote on you, you're most certainly scum, can it not? = ) Why are you reluctant to vote for me Kaos? If you're that certain that I'm scum (as I am for you) then why wait?
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:35 pm

Post by bigAl »

IH wrote:Seeing as how I'm not sure you're scum, it can also be said that since everyone else has seen the vote on you, you're most certainly scum, can it not?
There are three possible reasons for scum not winning right now:
  • kaos is scum
  • IH is scum
  • most importantly, neither is scum and both the other scum were not both logged in at the same time to quick lynch
Why are you reluctant to vote for me Kaos? If you're that certain that I'm scum (as I am for you) then why wait?
maybe it's because he's not certain that you are scum yet, maybe you're just a townie who made a mistake in accusations. He specifically said that he was
not
certain of your alignment, therefore is holding off on his vote like a responsable townie should do. :wink:
kaos
kaos
Townie
kaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:08 pm

Post by kaos »

IH wrote:Why are you reluctant to vote for me Kaos? If you're that certain that I'm scum (as I am for you) then why wait?

Because if you were town and I voted for you then you would be lynched. While I am fairly certain that you are mafia, I don't want to be the one whose mistake loses it for the town. Although if you aren't scum, it seems unusual that I am not dead yet...

My suspicions are that IH and Bertrand are mafia.

Miyu claiming cop had a high chance of being counter claimed, although if Bertrand is mafia, it would make Miyu look scummy as Bertrand was putting forward these defenses for Miyu's claim, but that could just be Bertrand manipulating.

I suspect IH for the reasons given above.

bigAl seems pro-town, so I don't have any suspicions of him.

Bertrand is the last one left, and he doesn't look that pro-town, more neutral, so it would fit in if he was mafia.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by MeMe »

I'll be out of town for the next 48 hours or so.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by IH »

Alright people, just because Meme is gone doesn't mean we should slack. Lylo deadline is NOT good at all.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by bigAl »

Well, um, I guess my suspicions at the moment are primarily kaos, IH, maybe bertrand. IH put the suspicious risky first vote on today, but I guess someone has to eventually. Still not great either. kaos seems rather scummy D1, but is looking much more protown D2. Bertrand is in the list simply by virtue of the fact that he has not made me convinced one way or another. I don't really remember very many of bertrand's posts. I don't have a lot more to add.

This is kind of a "i'm here and still listening, but don't have a lot to add" post.
kaos
kaos
Townie
kaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:55 pm

Post by kaos »

I also have little to add, and its not a good thing that so many people don't have anything to add, as that makes it harder for us to find anything out. I actually hope IH is a mafia for the sake of the town, otherwise I may die in a quick lynch, and that means we lose... anyway, we can't really do much until Miyu and bertrand post more about their thoughts.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:45 am

Post by IH »

....I feel very suspicious of Bertrand at the moment, and I still can't shake suspicion from miyu. Not only did her target convienetely be the one who was night killed, but her post afterwards was as if the scum knew who she was going to target. I don't see how she could get that kind of logic unless she was in amongst them, and trying to find an excuse.

I feel like Bertrand is riding out for a lynch...
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Miyu »

Then they got lucky with who I chose to investigate.
I merely stated that they got really lucky in the way of pushing FoS at myself. I haven't been in contact with anyone; except MeMe, if you count confirmation of playing at the very very beginning as contact.
Hi.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”