Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 273, Dry-fit wrote:Right now my top suspect is Shaboostein.
In post 273, Dry-fit wrote:Vote: Sajin.

Second scumread is Shaboostein.
erm...?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Toogeloo »

New page for me to be beaten to the punch.

So here's what I know of Dry-fit since I completely forgot about him in my catch-up post yesterday.

I've played two games with Dry-fit, and both games he's been town. He was completely useless in both games as well, going days without posting, and when he did, it'd be a minimal effort. The thing that strikes me as odd this game is, unlike the other 2 experiences I've had with him, he's made an excuse for his activity (His computer problems). In my previous two games, he seemed completely oblivious to the fact that he was ever a detriment or that his posting was extremely minimal. He 'knows' he's a detriment now and makes an excuse for it.

One of the two games, he was confirmed Innocent Child, and he still didn't really do much of anything.
In post 105, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 78, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Oh. My bad for not paying enough attention in the draft.

But even still, he's just a retard playing the Innocent Child the WORST WAY POSSIBLE.
Hey I've done worse. Just ask Toogeloo.
Now what I don't like is that he actually acknowledges it here. He knows he's played Inno Child poorly before, and posts it here. Again, he's acknowledging that he was a detriment in the past. Not the actual game he played, but now, here in this game.

You have a guilty conscience Dry-fit?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:00 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

That's not even a little bit close to what cognitive dissonance means. Cognitive dissonance is holding two mutually contradictory viewpoints, not "shaboostein was my top scum suspect, but now thinking about it I agree Sajin is scummier." Context, children, context.

Toog, I don't understand your point? Maybe Dry-Fit can admit in retrospect what he didn't in a past game; what does that have to do with anything?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:24 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 278, hitogoroshi wrote:Toog, I don't understand your point?
In post 277, Toogeloo wrote:So here's what I know of Dry-fit
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:56 am

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 1.10

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

PhDScar (4): inte, Toogeloo, Lady Lambdadelta, Blue Bonnet
Sajin (3): hitogoroshi, DTMaster, Dry-fit
shaboostein (1): PhDScar
inte (1): kanyeknowsbest

Not Voting (4): Symphony, shaboostein, Radioactive Wolf, Sajin

Deadline is July 12th, 2013, at 2:00am EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2013-07-12 01:00:00)

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:47 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 279, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 278, hitogoroshi wrote:Toog, I don't understand your point?
In post 277, Toogeloo wrote:So here's what I know of Dry-fit
Right, but the part I'm confused about is this:
Toogeloo 277 wrote:Now what I don't like is that he actually acknowledges it here. He knows he's played Inno Child poorly before, and posts it here. Again, he's acknowledging that he was a detriment in the past. Not the actual game he played, but now, here in this game.

You have a guilty conscience Dry-fit?
This all seems to imply that you think something of what you stated is a scumtell, but I can't for the life of me see why. Help a brother out?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:14 am

Post by Toogeloo »

He is playing differently. I don't like it. It's a meta argument and has nothing to do with his play this game though. However, it's worth noting none the less, even if nothing comes of it. His most recent post only incited me to mention something about him considering he just slipped his shaboo scum read placement (which the jury is out on how scummy something like that really is).
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:23 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Now it's my turn to ask you hito.

You've now questioned my reads, asking to clarify them multiple times. I have obliged.

What's your read on me and why?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:49 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I don't like to force reads. Trying to fit people into a town/scum list ASAP leaves you prone to confirmation bias.

What I can do is give impressions. Your answer for why you can clear BB without necessarily suspecting Kanye was good, but your read on Kanye in general seems off. You say he's not a full-blown scum read compared to the others, but reading your ISO I feel like you have a lot more to say on Kanye than on PhD. Your vote on PhD seems pretty stale, especially if you're willing to consider Sajin on the strength of me and DTM, but not our reasons why the PhD case is bunk. ISO 17 was good, getting so methodical about your clears is something scum is a little loath to do, although none of your town reads were likely lynches anyway. The new Dry-Fit thing confuses me and I'm not sure how to react.

I just gather bits like this and squirrel them away. I try not to collapse them into a "read" until the facts paint a clearer picture.
Blue Bonnet
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by Blue Bonnet »

In post 278, hitogoroshi wrote:That's not even a little bit close to what cognitive dissonance means. Cognitive dissonance is holding two mutually contradictory viewpoints, not "shaboostein was my top scum suspect, but now thinking about it I agree Sajin is scummier." Context, children, context.

Toog, I don't understand your point? Maybe Dry-Fit can admit in retrospect what he didn't in a past game; what does that have to do with anything?
You're telling me that wasn't contradictory?

~Muffin Man, THE Muffin Man~
Radioactive Wolf
Radioactive Wolf
Goon
Radioactive Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by Radioactive Wolf »

What is with hito's persistent defense of Dry-fit?

What ... is ... his ... deal ... ?
Radioactive Wolf
Radioactive Wolf
Goon
Radioactive Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:28 pm

...oh, and I'm completely cool with toogeloo now. He's probably town

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that DTM is probably town (cautious optimism, though)...
Radioactive Wolf
Radioactive Wolf
Goon
Radioactive Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:30 pm

also, VOTE: dry-fit

no reason to keep my vote idle anymore
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 285, Blue Bonnet wrote:
In post 278, hitogoroshi wrote:That's not even a little bit close to what cognitive dissonance means. Cognitive dissonance is holding two mutually contradictory viewpoints, not "shaboostein was my top scum suspect, but now thinking about it I agree Sajin is scummier." Context, children, context.

You're telling me that wasn't contradictory?

~Muffin Man, THE Muffin Man~
Not at all. Shaboo was his top, then later in on the post he changed his mind and voted Sajin, which dropped shaboo to second.
In post 286, Radioactive Wolf wrote:What is with hito's persistent defense of Dry-fit?

What ... is ... his ... deal ... ?
Defending middlin reads isn't really my style, but I do try to call out silly arguments. Same reason I'm "defending" PhD on the charge of voteparking, it's just flat out
wrong

I'm not really sure what Dry-Fit's alignment is. I just know that saying Dry-Fit is scum for "shaboo is first scum...no, second" is about as much as a scumtell as "Pizza is my favorite food - actually, I could really go for some roast beef. Pizza is my second favorite food."
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Post by Sajin »

In post 273, Dry-fit wrote:Sorry I haven't been able to post I've been having computer problems.
In post 234, Symphony wrote:I just considered that maybe he was faking the V/LA.
Really this just isn't something that happens.

Right now my top suspect is Shaboostein.
hitogoroshi wrote:Wow, Sajin literally just unvoted me without a word instead of answering my question about the most compelling reason I'm scum. Hey everyone, this is sort of an important thing to notice.
I'm down with this. Not answering questions is scummy, and though a lot of players have done it this game, Sajin is someone I would expect to be on top of things and the timing of the unvote does make it seem off.
Vote: Sajin.

Second scumread is Shaboostein. Hasn't made any serious vote yet despite saying a player(inte) did something scummy. Has only been defensive responding to DTM's case rather than making a case of his own. I know he said he likes to be convinced before placing a vote but it feels to me more like he's trying to stay in the background.
@Dryfit: I actually answered hito's question in the @DTM section of my last post. Why are you parroting hito without actually reading the thread? Also your post regarding me and shabo is really messed up. Lastly what did you think about what DTM posted about me?

@Hito: I answered why I was voting you in the @DTM part of my previous post.

@DTM: Your case not really a case, its more of a I don't like these questions you asked. You agree with my original vote but then go on to say my questioning was scummy? Why? If I think jeremy committed a scummy act then I am going to grill him on it, replacement or no replacement. Also I will be happy to use mechanical arguments again and again.

Also, your view is inconsistent. You view hito as town but you agree with my vote on him you just dislike my questioning of him. Is your reasoning that his slot was replaced? It does not change the slot's alignment nor my reasoning for the vote. As I am not sure of my read I still want to question the slot. If someone else was replaced that you suspected would you keep your questions coming at them? Exactly.

Also you said you asked me questions then wanted to make sure you pointed out I did not respond to your questions.....yet there are no questions addressed to me by you in the thread prior to those statements. Where are these questions that you referred to twice? I cannot find them anywhere and you even wanted to slam me for not responding to them....when they don't exist.

You also reached out to wolf to influence his opinion on me in a very scummy way. You had not presented your case at the time and #184 serves no other purpose except to influence Wolf's opinion of yourself.

When I was double checking for questions I read something really odd:
In post 9, DTMaster wrote:Its ok. I was gonna draft the nun but will do this instead for Wolf :p

Draft: Vincent Lee, the Doctor (Kill Delayer)
So you understood what the nun role did and wanted it although you let wolf have it and take another role.
In post 162, DTMaster wrote:Oops sorry guys, Canada Day festivities made me preoccupied. ANY WAYS DTMANALYSIS using a stream of consciousness style is now ago:

@Wolf
1. At first I thought it was possible that Sister Mary could be aligned with scum since alignments were given after our drafts - but I read the sample PM of Sister Mary. Whhhuuue. LLD has a point, prease do something more.
Then, you apparently thought that the nun role could be scum?

So you had knowledge then apparently did not understand it and then reaffirmed your knowledge (of the nun role PM). This makes no sense to me. I think you knew what the role did then you doubted it when you received your scum PM and became confused as to how the nun role worked. It is either that or you were being misleading with your 2nd quote. Explain?

Vote: DTM
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:32 am

Post by inte »

The heck are you on about sajin your last point makes no sense and you voted him off the weak reasoning
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Symphony
Symphony
Townie
Symphony
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:06 am

Post by Symphony »

In post 291, inte wrote:The heck are you on about sajin your last point makes no sense and you voted him off the weak reasoning
His vote makes sense. DTM would have known that Sister Mary was town, seeing as how everyone has been saying that Wolf is confirmed town all game. Then afterwards saying that Wolf could have been scum. This does make DTM look suspicious.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Alignments were not in place until after the draft. Accusing someone of scummy behavior based on the draft is wtif-worthy.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:36 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Oh, nevermind, I was confused by the wording and presentation.

I thought Sajin was saying DTM was scummy when he drafted the Kill Delayer but made the comment about the Nun when doing it. I guess I can kinda see the argument now, that DTM knew what the nun did at draft, but then later pretended he didn't.
Blue Bonnet
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Blue Bonnet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Blue Bonnet »

Yo Symph, who do you think is scum?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Just checking in. Been a busy weekend, going to a movie soon. I'll catch up when I get back or maybe tomorrow when I'm free.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Symphony
Symphony
Townie
Symphony
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Symphony »

In post 295, Blue Bonnet wrote:Yo Symph, who do you think is scum?
Dry-Fit brought up a good point against DTM, which makes him at the top of my Scum list. You don't just forget something like that during the game, seeing as how everyone was talking about it for awhile. I don't want to vote him just yet though. I want to see what he has to say.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:01 am

Post by Magua »

kanyeknowsbest has been prodded.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by inte »

Huh I don't even realize that the wolf was an innocent child until the one guy got reprimanded for trying to cast suspicion onto him

I had only read two role pms until that point
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”